Yeolyeodeol

Third time's the charm // Sundae

"I'm starting to lose my patience," came from a voice, so shrill it sent icy shivers up one's skin. 

 

The voice, although quiet and vile, boomed through the abandoned alley. Huddled up against the wall right beside each other, were two almost identical figures. Both female, one taller than the other. The taller was held tightly into the shorter's embrace, as she held a her hand to her side. Both glared up at the two young men towering over them, with fear very present in their eyes. Although the shorter one of the two was filled with much more rage than the girl in her arms ready to lunge at the boys, her hold on her sister was much more important.

 

"I hadn't expected something like this from you, Park Kyung. Zico on the other hand..."

"Cut the crap, Saenan, and answer my questions." Jiho interrupted the girl rudely. 

Approaching the three at the dead end of the alley, Kyung joined the conversation too. "What does the toy prince want from Shindae noona?"

 

Normally neither Saenan or Chaima would have been stirred this much by a rowdy bunch like them. They had heard of the two and seen hem, but this was the first meeting and both of them carried a deathly malicious look in their eyes that sent shivers down to their cores. Park Kyung, although not looking as dangerous as his partner, carried an even more dangerous glint in their eyes than Jiho. Saenan made a mental note not to mess with that boy nor face him alone. But right now she had a more important matter at hand. They had to get out of here.

 

"How would I know?" She responded with a roaring echo.

"My source revealed that you two are his..."

"Friends?" Chaima finished for Jiho.

"Servants," the boy corrected.

"Rude." the girl bounced back.

 

"Look. We don't know anything other than Suga's weird interest in Shindae unnie. That's all. He doesn't tell us anything." Saenan cut the conversation short. "Now let us go."

 

Both Jiho and Kyung exchanged short glances and nodded to each other. They stepped to the side to grant the girls access to the only way out of the alley. With some struggle, both were on their feet and hesitantly started walking towards the end. Their walk started in a slow pace but was picked up to a full dash. A grunt was heard from both young men, when the two girls passed them. While Chaima had swung her leg to trip Jiho, Saenan made a jump right on top of Kyung's foot, resulting in him hopping around in pain. Just as they turned their heads, seeking the two culprits they, they were already out of reach. They were in time to watch both girls blow them a good bye kiss and a finger by Chaima before making their way out of there.

 

And half an hour later, Shindae was consuming an ice cream at an indoor mall, while breaking out in a loud laughter over the phone. Ignoring the grunts and complaints of 'It's not funny!' from the other side, she kicked her foot to the ground in her fit. After a good minute of laughing, the girl calmed down and returned to her more serious facet. Kyung proceeded to tell in detail what happened during their 'interview' with the twins and the information they received from them.

 

"Weird interest?" Shindae repeated as a question.

"That's what the shorty said." Kyung confirmed.

Shindae frowned at the lack of information they received and let out a sigh. "Well then. Thanks I gues."

"Anytime noona!" Shindae rolled her eyes at Kyung's enthousiatic response, while smiling to herself. It disappeared quickly upon hearing Jiho's voice in the background.

"You owe us, Song Shindae! I'm coming for my payment soon!"

 

After hanging up, Shindae hopped off the bench she had been sitting on, dangling her feet. Throwing her bag over her shoulder, the girl started walking towards the exit. Once she left the mall, she walked down the shopping streets before making her way home. Before going home though, Shindae decided to hop by a familiar place. Standing in front of the doors, Shindae was greeting with a smiling duck in a tophat. She peered up at the drawn logo and walked through the glass sliding doors into her colourful paradise. Once there she immediately headed for the second floor, where according to her newsletter a new collection had been stacked. 

 

Shindae had stepped into the elevator, pressed the button to the second floor and waited for the doors to close. As they started to move inwards, Shindae heard a voice call out. Her hand rushed to the button that opened the doors again, but before she could press it a foot slipped in between the great bars of metal, succesfully granting the owner of the foot access to the elevator. Upon the doors opening, Shindae was met with a very familiar smiling face. She mirrored the smile as he walked into the metal cubicle, carrying a dark brown teddy bear the size of his torso. 

 

"Shindae noona, what a pleasant surprise!" 

"Hey Mino, what's up?" Shindae returned the greeting.

"Bringing a lost kid back home." Her eyes fell on the bear and she poked it, when Mino raised the bear to show it to her.

"New collection?" the brunette asked.

"Sharp!" The cheerful boy responded. "Care to help out?"

"I'd love to! I can't stay for long though, I have to be home for dinner." the girl explained.

"Great."

 

Shindae spent the following hour helping the boy make the stands and decorate them with the new arrivals. The brunette was delighted to be the first to actually see and touch the goods. When the two were done, Shindae announced her leave. The boy accompanied her to the cash register. Although the dark haired boy wanted to give her her pick for free, Shindae had refused. She had no intentions of abusing this friendship into receiving free things. Thus the girl had insisted on paying for the miniature version of the teddybear Mino had been carrying in the elevator. Gleefully Shindae walked through the glass doors of the shop with her newest purchase in her hands. Mino who enjoyed the view of the girls happiness mischievously snatched the bear from her hands. With a protesting yelp, Shindae crossed her arms and frowed at the boy, wondering about his intentions.

 

"Since you didn't accept it as a gift, let me put a charm on it." the boy said with a cheeky smile.

 

Shindae arched an eyebrow at the boy, now wondering what trick he would use now. To Shindae's surprise, Mino brought the small bear up to his face, closing it in on himself. Right on its face, the boy pecked the small toy bear and glanced at it with a proud grin. Shindae extended her arm and Mino placed the bear back into it. With a goodbye and a soft laughter, he walked back into the store leaving the girl astonished for a moment. In a pleasant way though.