Set

Third time's the charm // Sundae

After Yoongi's form disappeared around the corner of the school building, Shindae turned around seeking the culprit that had distracted her, allowing that giddy figure to take advantage of her like that. Shindae's vision captured the form of the first year girl walking towards her, with concern written on her face. Shindae didn't even wait for the girl to approach her and stepped towards Yuni herself. When the younger was within arm reach, Shindae's hand moved towards the front of the freshmen's uniform, grabbing her jacket and pulling her forward towards her. The victim of Shindae's rage let out a squeal in surprise as she still sincerely worried for her friend.

 

"Unnie... Are you okay?" she asked in a soft whisper.

"Do I look like I am okay?" Shindae retorted in a low malicious whisper.

"Well..." Yuni started her response unsurely, her lacking determination to answer that question wavering even more with her friend's glare at her. "... no?"

 

With a sigh Shindae released the girl, realising that she was blaming her for something she hadn't done, or meant to do anyway. She glared down at the strap of her camera and her wrists, wondering how she could have allowed that guy pull off that move, without noticing. Oh... the curses were of course, not forgotten. Yuni on the other hand, straightened her uniform and reached down to grab the schoolbag she had dropped in shock. She took a cautious step backwards as she watched her friend closely. Asking what had happened was probably a bad idea, so instead she offered a suggestion.

 

"Want revenge, Shindae-unnie?" She asked the girl.

The elder girl was of course very interested in Yuni's suggestion. "How?"

"Well... for one... he's friends with Namjoon. And they're in the same class." Yuni explained.

"So...?" Shindae asked as she started to grow impatient.

"... You know what class he is in? His classmates... and you're an elder student..."

"... The point?" The impatient girl eventually ushered.

Yuni swiped both hands down her face, giving up on trying to give hints. "Use his friends and classmates? Spread a rumour? Challenge him?"

 

Shindae let the suggestions sink in for a moment, filling her mind with possible plots. She wanted revenge at least twice as bad as his trick. There was no way Min Yoongi would be getting away with an action like that, this easily. Adding up to the stealing of her favourite spot, bothering her, taking photo's of her without her knowledge and even purposely attempting to annoy her. Well it was a succeeded attempt, she didn't want to admit to in the first place. Shindae rested a hand on her hip, while her other had cupped her chin in thought. The day ended like that, with Shindae's mind occupied with only one person, Min Yoongi. Or rather what she would do to him. 

 

The next schoolday Shindae arrived at her usual time, ten to fifteen minutes late for homeroom. For some reason she had expescted that she would see the boy that morning. Anticipation lingered her mind, but she quickly shook it off, reminding herself to focus. And she did. Heading to Homeroom, she found herself being reprimanded with a few words yet again, only to ignore them and head to her seat silently afterwards. As soon as the teacher made her leave again, Shindae took her escape yet again, heading to the Oak tree. Before turning around the building's corner, she cautiously peeked to scan the area for intruders.

 

When she confirmed that there wasn't a soul around, Shindae finally spun around the corner, while throwing her bag over her shoulder. As usual she dumped her bag below the three, but glanced around her one more time suspiciously, before finally taking her Nikon in her hands and peering through its lens. The difference of the world through her camera's lens was striking. The world through the lens looked much more colourful, much more in harmony, much brighter. The usual dullness Shindae was confronted with every day, seemed to have morphed into an artistic play of light, nature and culture.

 

Slowly her camera moved from target to target, snapping away and shooting everything she had missed the day before.  There was no sign of disturbances in the first hour of her daily routine, much to her relief. Her time alone passed peacefully, resulting in Shindae's satisfaction over the amount of pictures she was able to take. The ringing of the lunch bell was Shindae's cue to wrap her activities up and leave for the cafeteria. Being in a bad mood increased her appetite by several times and to satisfy it the only remedy was food. Comfort food.

 

After lunch Shindae made sure to attend her class, only for the attendance. Soon after she made her leave, to start the execution of her plan. The first step was to find Min Yoongi's classroom. Yuni had informed her that it was next to hers and hopefully she knew how to navigate herself to her friend's classroom. Shindae knew that the first years classes were on the second floor of the building and assumed that it was in the right wing. Her assumptions were proven right upon discovering the signs above the doors of the respective classes. 

 

She found classroom 1-B, which was Yuni's. That meant Min Yoongi was either in 1-A or 1-C. Walking past the classes, she scanned every face inside the rooms seeking that particular boy. It took her a while to spot the medium brown haired in the corner of a classroom, surrounded by a group consisting of male and female students. She recognised the blond boy as Kim Namjoon and labelled the boy as a possible pawn in her revenge. There was one other boy she knew she had seen before, although his name had escaped her. He was laughing while making strange movements in front of the group, evoking laughter from others as well.

 

Shindae's eyes scanned the classroom once more and to her relieve, she couldn't find any teacher present. Shindae took this chance and entered the classroom without waiting for any consent of the students. Most stared bewildered at the elder girl that wore an unapproachable expression, they recognised as a scowl. With heavy steps that echoed throughout the classroom, she approached the group of students near the windowsill, with her target amongst them. A few metres away from the group Shindae halted, waiting for the person that would recognise her to turn around. And he did, exactly when she expected him too, displaying a welcoming smile, while his eyes glinted with a knowing smirk.

 

"Shindae sunbae!" He called out to her as he hopped off the desk he was seated on. "Can I help you?"

Shindae smiled back, although unlike Yoongi's hers didn't show any sign of gentleness. Instead her eyes gleamed with vengeful intent. 

"Wipe your existence off this earth?" she retorted, receiving a chuckle from the boy in front of her.

"Now sunbae, don't be so sour. Meet my friends." He offered in return. "This is Kim Hoseok and that's Kim Namjoon." When their names were called, both boys nodded once.

"No. I mean it. Do everyone a favour and wipe your ugly face from this planet." she insisted without showing any interest to the boys.

 

Hearing several muffled grins and laughter, Shindae found herself feeling fulfilled with her comeback. Yoongi's expression, however, seemed to have changed the split second after hearing her comment. Self-confidence was exposed in his stance and on a not amused expression. Her comment had hit a sensitive spot, Shindae noticed, which only added up to the self satisfaction piling up in her chest. Yoongi's arms moved, folding in front of him, as he tilted his head in a little angle.

 

"Excuse you, sunbaenim, but my face" he started his response and brought his hands up, to shape his hands into a V under his chin. "...but my face is pretty popular with the girls."

Shindae arched an eyebrow in disbelief at the boy's contentment.

"It's a shame sunbae, that someone with a face as pretty as yours... carries around so much..." He paused, to send the girl an, in her opinion, misplaced wink. "... hate."

 

And that was the last bit of patience shattering.

 

"Listen here, you little piece of ..."

"Song Shindae!" The girl was interrupted by an adult male voice. 

Upon turning around she discovered the male teacher towering over her. Her scowl remained the same.