Yeolilgop

Third time's the charm // Sundae

After school Shindae walked through the gates with a satisfied grin on her face. There was an afternoon about to be spent well. With bun in one hand. the strap of her bag in the other, Shindae walked towards the shopping centre. She had made plans to meet someone...-well two actually. The popped her bun in , to take her phone when she heard a familiar ringing coming from it. A mischievous glint flashed in her eyes when she read the name. Sliding her finger across the screen, the girl held the phone to her ear and hummed, so the other line would hear she picked up. The voice on the other end of the call spoke back.

 

"Shindae? We're already there, hurry up." a male voice announced.

The girl scoffed and took the bun from after biting a piece of.

"Rude as always, I hear." she responded firstly and took a moment to swallow the contents of . "I'll be there in five. Get me a Honey dew, with mango topping."

"Always with the demands, just hurry up." the male replied before hanging up.

 

And as promised Shindae arrived after 5 minutes at the bubble tea bar, she had promised to meet the 'sometwo'. Once inside the bright coloured bar, decorated with lights of all colours, Shindae immediately noticed two figures slouched in their chairs. One was gazing at his cellphone, while tapping furiously with his thumbs donning a sly grin, while the other kept poking a straw with a hello kitty, figure attached to the middle. Shindae sighed at how typical this scene was and how many times she had encountered the boys in a similar manner, whenever she saw them, usually together.

 

When heaving a frustrated sigh, probably out of boredom, the blond heaved a sigh and looked up from his straw. His eyes first landed on the boy across him, who was still very occupied by his phone. A low groan in frustration left his lips, followed by a rain of words of insult towards his cousin in mind. He was bored and tired of waiting. He reminded himself of the entertainment that was about to come and pushed his impatient thoughts away. Just in time, he noticed movement from the corner of his eyes and the target was very familiar. Familiar enough to summon a smirk on his lips.

 

"Finally!" he complained and watched the girl in question roll his eyes at him.

"You're too impatient, Jiho." she retorted and let her eyes fall on Kyung, who had a creepy smile on his lips.

"You're too slow," Jiho countered. "but I guess I should be used to it by now."

The girl took a seat at the table, not even bothering to wait for an invitation.

"So, this is mine I assume?"

 

Without waiting, Shindae wrapped her hands around the only plastic container that was sealed. A pink duck figure was around the yellow straw, lying on top of the drink and upon noticing a fond smile found its way to her lips. She pulled the bubble tea closer to her and stabbed the plastic with the pointy end. Jiho watched her every move cautiously, even taking note of her smile. The dark haired boy, this time without his glasses, was still in his own world typing away without giving his poor thumbs any rest. Jiho wondered how the two fingers remained attached to his hands, which brought another thought to his mind. How would he react when they actually do fall off? He snickered at the scene in his head, of his cousin's very dramatic and painful reaction.

 

"So, spill it." Jiho immediately asked once Shindae was sipping her drink.  "What's up?" 

"There's something I have to get back, no matter what." Shindae answered his question.

"You need our help to get a polaroid back?" Jiho asked arching an eyebrow at her. Upon receiving a questioning look from Shindae, he shrugged. "Hyejoon told me about it."

Shindae remained silent for a little while, fishing for a mango pop, before she continued. "There's also someone I need to get back at," she spoke in a low voice. "no matter what."

 

The look in Shindae's eyes were harsh. Jiho spotted some anger, a fiery resolve to repay some debts and favours. But Jiho also spotted something he was quite surprised about, especially since it was Shindae carrying these emotions. Curiosity and a sense of helplessness. Shindae had finally found someone to be on par with her skills and she hated it, but it also seemed as if she was almost enjoying it. Jiho sighed and leaned forward to snatch the phone from his cousin's grasp.

 

"Pay attention, Park Kyung." he called out. "We've got work to do."

Kyung let out a series of curses and complaints directed to Jiho, but immediately swallowed the remains upon noticing the female at the table. "Noona!" He called out.

"So, who is the target?" Jiho asked.

"There are two, for now. The main target has two puppets, who I also happen to be acquainted with. They should know something." Shindae spoke. "Chaima and Saenan. For some reason, they're doing things according to that guy's wishes and..."

 

"That guy?" Kyung interrupted curiously.

"Min Yoongi, first year at my school and a total pest." Shindae responded.

"Likes photography, has an interest in music, favourite number is 3 and he's a lazy ." Jiho continued the list.

Both Kyung and Shindae eyed him for a while in silence, before Shindae sproke. "Impressive. But..."

"Well, I happen to be acquainted with his brother." he replied and Shindae didn't bother asking more.

 

"Let's find the twins first then." Kyung eventually suggested and hopped up from his chair.

Jiho nodded, finally agreeing with something reasonable the guy had spoken. Not that he had talked much.

"Call me when you find out anything. I'll go find Hyejoon." Shindae spoke up her plan.

"Bring her some chicken, she's still pissed." Jiho advised with a nod before grabbing his coat and exiting the bar.

"Call me, noona!" Kyung spoke, with a wide grin as he followed suit.

 

Jiho and Kyung's search for the twins had been fairly easy. After finding out that they were second year students and contrary to Shindae had afternoon classes, the two waited by the gates since 3 PM. While waiting they had entertained themselves with a ball and their phones, when they grew bored of the ball. Since it was Wednesday, there were no club activities either. This information as well, was found out from the single call they made to the school's reception, just like how they found out the schedules of the sisters. 

 

At a quarter to 4 a rather tall girl dashed through the gates, with her curls swaying in the wind. She was followed shortly by a girl with similar looks, only lacking in height. There were a few other students walking around, but the two they needed were right there. Jiho and Kyung watched as the shorter one shouted her sisters name, followed by a rant about short legs and being slower. The taller simply laughed at the other's tantrum. The buzzing of Kyung's phone resonated in Jiho's ears and were followed by a few simple words, that caused his lips to curve into a wicked smile.

 

"It's them," Kyung had said.

"Let's get them." was Jiho's response.