Keep Your Enemies Closer

Order of the Wolf: Reformation

 

“Wow, so all of that happened? It’s only been a couple of days!” Kidoh said, trying to wrap his mind around everything he’d just been told.

 

“Yeah I know… it’s insane,” Sehyuk replied.  Hansol had been sitting on the couch, quietly thinking.  Jenissi and Yano were keeping a close eye on Jiwon, no one trusted him, not after what he’d done.

 

“Guys I have an idea!  We can use a truth spell on Mr. Ahn and force him to tell us who he really is and what he wants,” Hansol suggested.  Hojoon looked uneasy. 

 

“I’m not sure if that’s a good idea,”

 

“Why not?”

 

“I don’t know it just doesn’t feel right.  It seems too easy.  Cleary he was smart enough to fool us, we have to assume he’s one step ahead,”

 

Hansol sighed and tried to think of something else.

 

“For right now, let’s just tell him we were unsuccessful.  That’s all he needs to know.  Hojoon, Gohn and I will go, the rest of you stay here and watch Jiwon,” Sehyuk said.

 

“I don’t need babysitting,” Jiwon snapped.  Jenissi growled deeply.

 

“As if you have a choice?”

 

“Please kitten, I’ve handled lions much bigger and badder than you,”

 

“Try me,”

 

Jenissi’s eyes turned icy blue and the inside of Jiwon’s mouth lit up with a dim flame before Sangdo separated the two of them.

 

“Both of you calm down.  Jiwon, you’re completely outmatched here, it would be in your best interest to take a seat,” he said.  Jiwon glared at him before reluctantly sitting down on the couch.

 

Hojoon teleported himself, Sehyuk and Gohn out of the hideout, leaving a brief awkward silence.

 

“Hyung!” Byungjoo said, breaking the silence, “Wanna play Immortal Wombats?” he grabbed a controller and passed the other to Hansol, not even waiting for his reply.  He selected his favorite character; the wombat, scorpion hybrid that shouted “come to my location!” before throwing a flaming lasso.  They played a few rounds before the others reappeared.

 

“What did he say!?” Yano eagerly asked.

 

“Well… he was less than pleased, but he seemed to buy it.  Now we need to find out what we’re gonna do with him until we get to the bottom of this little mystery,” Sehyuk said, pointing to Jiwon.  Without saying a word, Sangdo punched Jiwon in the face, knocking him out cold.

 

“The hell?  Why did you do that?”

 

“Well… mostly because it was fun.  Also, now that he’s unconscious one of the wizards can trap him in a seal,” Sangdo replied.

 

“On it,” Xero volunteered.  He concentrated hard and a pentagram appeared on the ground beneath Jiwon.

 

“What do we do now?” Hansol asked.

 

“Let’s get some rest for now.  I’ll come tomorrow morning to check on Jiwon and we’ll all meet up after classes.  Kidoh, Nakta and Sanggyun, you guys can crash with me and Sangdo until you get your room assignments tomorrow,” Sehyuk said.  The others agreed and returned to their rooms.

 

Hansol just laid there for a while; the events of the past couple of days were starting to weigh on him.  A small tear fell from his eyes and he quickly wiped it.

 

“You okay?”  Xero asked as he was about to turn off the light.

 

“Uh yeah, I’m fine… it’s just…”

 

“What?”

 

“Last year, after the fight with Kidoh.  When I said that we had to come out of hiding to move forward… this is not what I was expecting,” Hansol admitted, wiping more tears as they fell.  Xero sat on his bed and rubbed his knee.

 

“Yeah I know, it’s a lot to take in, but we’re in this together remember?  As long as we’re together we can handle anything,” Xero said, reminding Hansol of his own words.

 

“You’re right.  But we’ve made some serious enemies, and with this revelation regarding Mr. Ahn… I’m not even sure who we can trust anymore,”

 

“We can’t trust anyone but ourselves at this point.  We’re public enemy number one right now, and until we find out more about the Era of Reformation, it looks like it’s gonna stay that way,”

 

Hansol just nodded; Xero didn’t exactly make him feel better, but what he said was true.  Xero returned to his own bed and turned off the light.  It wasn’t long before Hansol was asleep.

 

The next morning was pretty uneventful… until Hansol reached his third period class.  He took his seat, which had been separated from the other students, just like in his previous classes. 

 

“Students, we have a new student joining us today, would you like to introduce yourself?” asked the teacher.  Hansol’s heart sank into his stomach as the boy stood up... it was smoke boy, the one that attacked them at the BTS facility.

 

“Hello classmates, my name is Park Jimin, I’m so happy that I have a chance to attend this amazing school, and I promise I’ll work hard,” he said with a big smile.  He looked straight into Hansol’s eyes and smirked before he sat down.

 

Hansol’s mind was filled with a million questions:  When did he get here? How did he get here?  Was he going to attack him during class, or was he just trying to blend in?  Where the other two at the school as well?

 

He quickly turned around to face the teacher; if he wasn’t stressed out before, he definitely was now…