Power Shift

Order of the Wolf: Reformation

Sohee anxiously paced the floor as she recounted the staggering loss that took place the night before.

 

“Since we won't be able to work with them, it's clear we need to get rid of them,” Yuri said blankly, crossing her legs. Sohee looked at her in shock, but Yeonju simply nodded her head.

 

“Yuri's right... they clearly don't stand a chance against us,” she said.

 

“And that means we should just kill them? We're not murderers!” Sohee protested.

 

“We have to do what's necessary Sohee. If we let them live, they'll cause us major trouble and possibly even ruin our plans for the revolution. We can not take that risk,” Yuri said. Yeonju nodded in agreement again.

 

“Kristine, Junhee, you two don't agree with this do you?” Sohee asked, looking them both in the eyes. Kristine just looked away, saying all she needed to without saying a word.

 

“I'm sorry Sohee, but Yuri's right. The revolution is the most important thing, and if we have to eliminate the Order of the Wolf to make sure all goes well, then so be it,” Junhee replied. Sohee couldn't believe what she was hearing. She always put up a tough front, but deep inside, Sohee knew she could never kill anyone... especially not the members of the order. She felt some odd connection to Hansol, and even though they were definitely enemies, she didn't want to hurt him.

 

“I...I'm not sure if I can do this. I believe in the revolution just as much as you all do, but this just feels wrong. Surely, there's another way to take them out of the equation without killing them,” Sohee said, trying to appeal to the other girls' logic.

 

“No way. Tomorrow we're attacking them at their school. You are welcome to be a part of the assault if you choose, but if not, stay out of our way,” Yuri said, staring Sohee down.

 

“Wait just a damn minute. I am the leader of this team and I-”

 

“Not anymore Sohee. You clearly lack the conviction befitting of a leader. I'll be taking your position... unless you want to challenge me?” Yuri practically spat. Sohee stood her ground; she'd never backed down before, and she wasn't about to start now.

 

“Don't do this Yuri,”

 

“I'm done taking orders.” Yuri opened and an explosive fireball shot out. Sohee ducked under it and opened her palm, trapping Yuri in a force field. Yuri punched the force field as hard as she could, causing it to shatter. She tackled Sohee to the ground and tried to hit her, but Junhee grabbed her.

 

“It's over. I'm sorry Sohee, but Yuri is our leader now, ” she said, helping Sohee to stand. This couldn't be happening... could it? Even though she disagreed with the idea of killing the Order of the Wolf members, she was powerless to stop it from happening... or was she?

 

Hansol rubbed his eyes as the alarm on his phone went off. He turned it off and sat up, gasping when he saw Xero sleeping next to him. A quick peek under the blanket revealed that they were both , and confirmed that the events of the previous night were indeed a reality. Xero yawned and smiled when he opened his eyes and saw Hansol.

 

“Hey there,” he said sleepily.

 

“Uh... hey Xero,” Hansol nervously replied.

 

“What's wrong? Didn't you enjoy yourself last night?”

 

“Of course I did! It's just that... I've never been that exposed before, not with anyone. I'm glad that it was with you Xero... I love you,” Hansol said, kissing Xero's forehead.

 

“I love you too. Now let's get ready for class,”

 

It wasn't long before they were walking to class, hand in hand, waiting to be inevitably joined by Gohn and Seogoong.

 

“Guys, did you hear!?” Gohn shouted as he ran to catch up with them, “The government is giving us the Codex back!”

 

“What, really!? That's awesome!” Hansol said, practically bursting with excitement.

 

“We should really thank BTS. They've done a lot to clear our name and garner public sentiment toward us and other supernatural creatures,” Seogoong said.

 

“I never thought they'd be such a valuable ally, we definitely owe them a lot,” Xero said as they approached their classroom. The bell rang as soon as they walked through the door.

 

“You're late. Extra homework for all four of you. Now take your seats,” Mrs. Shin said sternly. Hansol rolled his eyes and Xero crossed his arms.

 

“Seriously? Such a ,” Xero mumbled.

 

“What was that Jiho?” his mother snapped her head in his direction.

 

“Nothing, just forget it,” he said, taking his seat. Hansol's phone vibrated as he sat down, but he waited until Mrs. Shin was preoccupied before checking it.

 

From: The Master Planner

 

There's trouble brewing kid... be ready.

 

 

Hansol wasn't sure how to feel about Sohee's message. Why on Earth was she texting him? She made it very clear that they were enemies... she couldn't possibly be trying to warn him of something could she? He quickly texted Sehyuk and told him to tell everyone to meet up at lunch. If Sohee was trying to warn him, something serious was about to go down.

 

Hansol just hoped that they'd be able to handle it, whatever it was.

---------------------------

Alright lovely subbies, time for that announcement I promised you!

 

The announcement is.... The Order of the Wolf story will be expanded into a trilogy! After this story wraps up, expect the follow up and conclusion to the trilogy...

 

ORDER OF THE WOLF: INSURRECTION ^_^

 

Leave your thoughts on this chapter down below, and tell me what you think about the idea of a trilogy.  Thanks a lot guys, stay awesome!