Ambushed

Order of the Wolf: Reformation

Hojoon shifted in his seat to face Jimin.

 

“We’re going to be waiting for a while, you need to tell us more about BTS,” he said.  Jimin nodded.

 

“What do you wanna know?”

 

“For starters, why do you kidnap and brainwash people if you insist that your intentions are pure?”

 

“Well… that part isn’t really up to us.  Our superiors decide that stuff.  But not everyone is kidnapped, some people volunteer, like we did,” Jimin explained.

 

“We learned that the government is setting up operations all over the world to frame magical creatures for crimes they didn’t commit, just so they can have an excuse to kill or imprison us… wanna explain that?” Jenissi snarled.

 

“Look, that’s not on us.  BTS has nothing to do with it.  You guys can’t blame us for wanting to build an army to protect mankind.  Not all monsters… uh… magical creatures are peaceful.  If they turn on us, who will be there to stop them?” Taehyung replied.

 

“One last question… if we help you stop Blockbuster, will you clear our name and let the public know that the Era of Reformation isn’t a threat?” Xero raised a curious eyebrow as he spoke.  Jimin looked to Taehyung and Jungkook who both nodded.

 

“You got yourself a deal,”

 

“If we’re going to war, we’re gonna need some new weapons.  Shopping spree anyone?” Nakta said, rubbing his hands together in anticipation.  Sanggyun chuckled.

 

“Hey Kidoh, you still got connections to the armory?” he asked.

 

“Of course, let me make a call to my uncle and he’ll hook us up with some brand new gear,” Kidoh replied.

------------------------------------

Byungjoo looked around the hideout.  The entire room was in disarray; whoever attacked Sehyuk must’ve ransacked the place to see what else they could find.  Seogoong sniffed around the area for a few moments before his eyes widened.

 

“I got something!”

 

“Is it a familiar scent?” Sehyuk asked.

 

“Sort of… it’s similar to Mr. Ahn’s scent, but it’s not quite the same,” Seogoong replied as he focused more on the scent.

 

“Can you track it or not?” Byungjoo harshly asked.

 

“Yeah, follow me,” Seogoong led the way, taking them out of the hideout and through Avalon field.  Thirty minutes later, they were in the center of the dense forest.  Seogoong just stood there and scratched his head.

 

“What’s wrong?” Sehyuk wondered.

 

“The trail stops here,”

 

“Do you think they used something to mask it?”

 

“I’m not sure… usually people use bleach or water, but those things have distinct scents as well and I don’t smell anything like that around here,”

 

“There’s no need to mask the scent kitty, we were hoping you’d show up here… we’ve got some new toys to test out!” someone said. Two guys dropped out of the trees, landing right in front of them.  Seogoong growled and Sehyuk took a fighting stance.

 

“Yukwon, check it out! It’s a wizard… we’ve never bagged a wizard before!” said the slightly taller guy.

 

“Who the hell are you guys?” Sehyuk demanded.

 

“I’m Minhyuk, and that’s Yukwon.  We work for Blockbuster… I’m sure you don’t remember seeing us considering we kicked your before you even realized we were there,”

 

“So you’re they guys who took Jiwon… you clearly aren’t wizards, and you don’t smell like dragons or lions… what are you?” Seogoong asked.

 

“Just humans… but humans packing awesome weapons!” Yukwon said with a cheeky smile.  He threw down some kind of pellet and the air was filled with thick green smoke.  Byungjoo quickly encased himself in a force field as Sehyuk and Seogoong coughed violently before passing out.

 

“What is that stuff!? What did you do to my friends!?” Byungjoo screamed.

 

“It’s a bio-engineered tranquilizer gas that only affects monsters.  Awesome right? Minhyuk, do me a favor, grab the energy disruptor for me and take down that force field?” Yukwon said.  Minhyuk pulled out a pen shaped object that fired a red laser beam at Byungjoo’s force field.  It blinked before fading away, leaving him vulnerable to the gas.  His vision blurred and he started coughing uncontrollably.

 

Byungjoo had to think quickly, before he slipped into unconsciousness.  He knew that most types of tranquilizers were made of flammable chemicals.  He rose his hands and the wind blew the gas in the direction of Minhyuk and Yukwon.  He released a small burst of flame from the palm of his hand, turning the gas into a wave of fire.

 

“Take cover!” Minhyuk shouted as he and Yukwon ducked behind a large tree.  Byungjoo slowly crawled toward Seogoong and Sehyuk as his vision began to fade to black.  With one last burst of energy, he teleported them into his dorm room, before he fell into a deep sleep…