Officially Whelmed

Order of the Wolf: Reformation

Hansol held his empty stomach as he and the others returned to their rooms to await further instructions from Mr. Ahn. 

 

“This is gonna be so cool, we’re gonna be like black ops agents or something!” Byungjoo said.

 

“Look Byungjoo, I know you’re excited, but this is serious… if this oil tanker is really a cover for a weapons shipment, we’re gonna be dealing with hardcore criminals.  We can’t let our guard down,” Hojoon replied.

 

“I’m just curious about one thing… why the hell are we doing this again?” Jenissi asked.

 

“I’m with him, we don’t owe this guy anything,” Yano chimed in.

 

“We kinda do… if it weren’t for him, we might not be back here,” Hansol said.

 

“So that means we should risk our lives to find Jiwon? The same Jiwon that tried to have us all killed last year? Am I the only one who remembers that!?” Jenissi snapped.

 

“No… considering I’m the one who had to fight Kidoh, I’d say I remember it pretty well,” Hansol said with a glare.

 

“Where is Kidoh by the way?” Xero wondered.

 

“Haven’t seen him yet.  Look, let’s all just get back to our rooms and wait until we hear something from Mr. Ahn,” Hojoon said.  Everyone agreed and went their separate ways.  When Hansol and Xero got back to their room, they noticed a small box on both of their beds.

 

“Hair dye?” Hansol said as he examined the box.  Xero picked up the small note that was attached.

 

“White hair is pretty distinct, we don’t need anyone knowing you’re wizards just by looking at you.  Dye your hair before your mission.  You have two hours.  Mr. Ahn,” 

 

There was a knock on the door and when Hansol opened it, Hojoon was standing there holding a box of dye.

 

“He wants us to dye our hair… is he serious?” Hojoon said, the frustration apparent in his eyes.  Before Hansol could respond, his phone beeped.

 

From: B-Joo

No.  I’m not doing it.  I love my hair and I refuse to change it!

 

“So I think it’s fair to say that none of us are doing this,” Hansol said as he tossed the box in the trash.

---------------------------------------

Kidoh’s heart was beating uncontrollably as he was forcefully pushed into a cafeteria filled with prisoners.  He still couldn’t believe this was happening to him.  He quickly scanned the room, and sighed in relief when he saw Nakta and Sanggyun, sitting alone in the corner.  He rushed over to them as quickly as possible,

 

“You guys have no idea how happy I am to see you!” he said, taking a seat.

 

“It’s great to see you too… do you have any clue what we’re doing here?” Nakta asked.

 

“No idea, but we need to find out and soon.  If all else fails, we’re gonna have to use our special skills to get out of here, and get back to Arario,” Kidoh replied.

 

“Arario? Dude, do you have any idea where we are?” Sanggyun said.

 

“Uh, not really,”

 

“We are in Louisiana, nowhere close to California dude,”

 

“… this is not good,” Kidoh said, trying to come up with a plan.

-------------------------------------

Hansol was relieved to finally have a full stomach as he laid back on his bed, surrounded by empty food containers.  The school’s on-campus sushi delivery service was like a godsend.  He groaned in frustration as the P.A system buzzed to life.

 

“Simba and Gandalf in the Dean’s office,”

 

“Was that… was that supposed to be his way of calling us?” Xero said with a hint of annoyance.  Hansol shrugged as he climbed off his bed and headed for the Dean’s office.  When they arrived, Mr. Ahn entered the room with a sheet of paper.

 

“Here are the oil tanker’s current coordinates. Wait… why haven’t you dyed your hair!?” he snapped.

 

“We’re not doing it, end of story,” Hojoon said sternly.

 

“Fine… if they notice that your wizards and shoot you on sight, it won’t be my fault,” Mr. Ahn said, giving the paper to Xero.

 

“Before you go, take these.  If you come across any computers, download whatever information you can that involves Jiwon.  If you feel overwhelmed, teleport back here immediately,” he said, handing Hojoon and Gohn small flash drives. 

 

“Let’s do this,” Xero said as he studied the paper.  He clenched his fists, and after a bright flash of light, they were standing on the deck of a large ship.  It was pitch dark, except for the flickering florescent lights, and the salty sea air caught them by surprise.

 

“This is it?” Jenissi said.

 

“What did you expect?” Gohn whispered.

 

“I don’t know… giant security robots with laser guns or something… it’s just a little underwhelming,”

 

“Man… Mr. Ahn warned us about being overwhelmed, and now Jenissi’s underwhelmed… why isn’t anyone ever just whelmed?” Byungjoo said to himself.

 

“Enough guys. We’ll split into teams and search the ship.  Lions you search the upper deck and the other wizards and I will search the lower levels.  Meet back here in thirty minutes,” Hojoon ordered.  The lions quickly disappeared around a corner and Byungjoo cast a spell of invisibility.

 

“Be careful guys, we’re invisible but not undetectable,” Xero warned.  The four of them quietly opened the door and walked inside.  The metallic hallway was incredibly cramped, and the end of it was guarded by a man with a large machine gun.  Hansol held up his hand, and the gun superheated, causing the guard to drop it and scream.

 

“The hell!?” he shrieked.  Xero punched him as hard as he could, knocking him out cold.

 

“There’s a computer in that room, maybe it has the info we’re looking for,” Byungjoo said, pointing at the small window at the end of the hallway.  Hojoon used his magic to open the door and they rushed inside.  Xero dragged the unconscious guard in and hid him in a closet.  Hojoon closed his eyes and concentrated.  The computer and Hansol was amazed as the password screen disappeared, granting Hojoon full access to all the files.

 

“Oh my god… you guys will never believe this,” he said.

 

“What…” Hansol’s sentence was cut off by a loud alarm.  The lions must’ve been caught!  Instead of leaving, Xero raised his hand and the door handle melted, sealing them inside.

 

“What are you doing? We have to go see if the others are in trouble!” Hansol said.

 

“They can handle themselves, we have to see what’s on that computer.  What is it Hojoon?” Xero said.

 

“According to these files... this is a weapons shipment, but it wasn’t ordered by Kim Namjoon.  The United States and British governments organized this whole thing as a way to frame Namjoon, so they can have a reason… to execute him,”

 

“Are you serious!?” Hansol was floored.

 

“That’s not all.  There are other operations like this happening all over the world.  They’re trying to get rid of us guys, but they're doing it in a way that’ll make them publicly favored,” Hojoon continued.

 

“I can’t believe this! This is why Sehyuk is debating right? To make sure that stuff like this doesn’t happen?” Xero asked.  Hojoon nodded as he continued to read and download the files.

 

“Guys… I think I know where Kidoh, Nakta, and Sanggyun are.  According to this, any human who publicly supports magical creatures is being abducted, and sent to prison.  I’ll see if there’s any information about Kidoh’s whereabouts… found it!  He and the others are in a maximum security prison in Louisiana… There’s also something about an organization called ‘BTS’ but I don’t have time to look into that now,”

 

“Okay… I’m officially whelmed,” Byungjoo said softly.

 

“This is insane, we have to do something,” Hansol said as Hojoon removed the flash drive.  He clenched his fist and the computer burst into flames.  They were shocked by the sound of someone slamming into the window.  Hansol looked and saw an unconscious guard on the other side of the glass, and Yano was waving for them to come out.  Xero teleported them outside and they regrouped with the lions on the upper deck.

 

“We got the info on Jiwon! Let’s get the hell out of here!” Seogoong said.  Xero nodded and clenched his fists again, causing them all to disappear in a flash of light.