Battlefront (Part Two)

Order of the Wolf: Reformation

Hansol shifted in his uncomfortable position. He and Byungjoo were crouched in the bushes on the north side of the courtyard, facing the fountain. It was early in the morning; the sun hadn't even risen yet. They had been in position for a couple of hours, waiting for the possible attack from the Liberty Corps. BTS was guarding the perimeter of the school and the other members were split into small teams and stationed in different areas around the campus. They each had communicators, given to them by BTS... if the Liberty Corps showed up, every other team would know about it immediately.

 

“Hyung are you sure we're ready for this... I mean, last time we didn't stand a chance against them,” Byungjoo whispered.

 

“Honestly, I'm a little nervous, but I have faith in our plan,” Hansol replied as he heard a loud noise that sounded like rotor blades overhead. He looked up and saw a small helicopter, descending into the courtyard.

 

“What the heck is that?” Byungjoo wondered aloud. Hansol couldn't even speak... he was too fixated on the helicopter. It looked almost normal... yet somehow incredibly futuristic. Hyeontae must've designed it. As it's wheels touched down, his suspicions were confirmed; it was the Liberty Corps.

 

Each member stepped out slowly and confidently, except for Sohee who seemed to hang her head in shame. Hansol noticed a strange metallic collar around her neck... what on earth could it be for?

 

“This is Hansol, the Liberty Corps is here, in the courtyard,” he said, raising his communicator to his mouth.

 

“Hansol this is Sehyuk, all available teams are headed to the courtyard. BTS will focus on getting the students out of the dorms,”

 

“Okay, we'll wait for you to arrive before we do anything,”

 

“Yeonju, Kristine, transform and see if you can sniff them out... do you remember their scent?” Yuri said. Yeonju nodded as she and Kristine's bones began to crack and shift. Moments later they were both lionesses.

 

“! They'll find us in no time,” Hansol whisper-shouted as the lionesses drew closer to the bushes where they were hiding.

 

“I have an idea,” Byungjoo said softly as he opened his palm. The wind began to blow in the opposite direction.

 

“What are you doing?”

 

“Trying to throw off the scent,”

 

Byungjoo's plan seemed to work; both lionesses sniffed around in the air for a moment before walking off in the opposite direction.

 

“Wait a second,” Junhee said, narrowing her eyes. She opened and shot a fireball into the bushes, setting them ablaze. Hansol and Byungjoo scrambled from the bushes and they were immediately pinned down by Yeonju and Kristine.

 

“Where are the others!?” Yuri demanded. There was a loud whistle from Sehyuk as he and the others converged on the courtyard.

 

“We're right here Yuri... all of us,” Sehyuk said sternly as he glared at Yuri.

 

“We even brought a special friend,” Sangdo said, patting Jiwon on the back.

 

“Kill them all,” Yuri commanded as she pressed a button on the small remote in her hand. A green light blinked on Sohee's collar and she gave a satisfied smirk. Without a word, Sohee zapped the collar with electricity, causing it to break and fall to the ground.

 

“What the hell! How did she do that!?” Junhee said, shocked. Sohee rose her hands and sent Junhee flying into the fountain.

 

“There's a reason why Hyeontae never put these collars in use... now, time for another round,” Sohee said with a light chuckle. Yuri growled and clenched her fists as she charged at Sohee. Hansol took advantage of the situation and caught Kristine by surprise, zapping her paw, forcing her to release him. Seogoong tackled Yeonju in his lion form and the two wrestled for dominance as Byungjoo scrambled to his feet.

 

Hansol tried to trap Kristine in a force field... but somehow she managed to claw through it. Byungjoo backed him up and with his help, they successfully trapped her... unfortunately they were unable to move unless they wanted to risk freeing her. The lack of oxygen should've knocked her out cold, but for some reason it was taking longer than usual.

 

Junhee had recovered from Sohee's attack and now her skin was covered completely in scales and her eyes were huge and yellow. Her fingernails had morphed into black talons and she was moving faster than Hansol could follow. She struck hard and fast, knocking the other members to the ground before they could even react.

 

Sehyuk managed to block her punch, but she spun around him and kicked him from behind, sending him spinning before crashing to the ground. Sangdo shot fireballs at her, but she dodged them and hit him with a roundhouse kick.

 

Xero struggled to stand as he wiped blood from the corner of his mouth. He silently prayed that he'd be able to mount a successful attack... Junhee was no joke. Hansol watched as Xero conjured up a suit of armor, complete with spiked, electrically charged gloves... what the heck was he planning?

 

He rushed at Junhee, swinging his fists wildly. Of course she dodged every strike and hit him hard in the chest. He flew backwards and crashed into the ground, but he jumped back up and kept fighting.

 

It was then that Hansol noticed that Kristine finally ran out of oxygen and was now knocked out cold, allowing he and Byungjoo to assist Xero.

 

Junhee stepped back and surveyed the situation. The other members of the Order were beginning to get back up and surround her. Jiwon crouched down and touched the hard cobblestone ground. Seconds later his skin shifted to match the surface and his left hand morphed into a medieval mace. Now Junhee was faced with four wizards, three lions, two dragons, three knights, and a cobblestone proxy... even she couldn't beat those odds. She looked to Yuri, but she was still locked in combat with Sohee, and Yeonju was still wrestling with Seogoong.

 

With a sigh, Junhee rose her hands in surrender... but that didn't stop Jiwon from smashing her over the head with his mace-hand, knocking her out. Gohn, Yano and Jenissi rushed over to help Seogoong and after a moment, Yeonju too was incapacitated.

 

Yuri stumbled backward after a particularly strong lighting blast from Sohee. It only took a second to realize that she was completely outnumbered... but she had come prepared for this.

 

“Nobody move a muscle!” She demanded as she pulled, yet another remote from her pocket.

 

“What is that?” Sohee wondered.

 

“The helicopter is rigged with enough explosives to blow this entire campus to kingdom come! All I have to do is push this button!”

 

Hansol's jaw dropped... this situation just went from bad, to unimaginable...