New Era

Order of the Wolf: Reformation

The boys appeared in the lobby outside Mr. Ahn’s office; luckily for them the secretary had gone home for the day.

 

“Alright, we need to discuss what we’re gonna do here,” Hojoon whispered.

 

“What do you mean?” Byungjoo asked.

 

“We’ll only give Mr. Ahn the information that has to do with Jiwon, everything else we’ll keep to ourselves and tell Sehyuk and Sangdo when they get here in the morning, deal?” Hojoon said.  Everyone nodded.  They went into the office and Mr. Ahn spun around in his chair to face them.

 

“Did you get it?” he asked.

 

“Yeah, according to the files we downloaded, Jiwon was captured trying to break into the tanker.  He was relocated to an underground facility run by an organization called BTS.  The facility is apparently located in South Korea,” Gohn explained as he handed the flash drive to Mr. Ahn.

 

“Good work, now you’ll have to go and break him out,”

 

“What? We have no idea what that organization is capable of… it could be a suicide mission!” Hansol shouted.

 

“A risk I’m willing to take.  You will save my brother,” Mr. Ahn calmly replied.

 

“Well we’re not doing it.  We found the info you wanted, our job is done, we don’t owe you anymore,” Hansol said sternly.  Inside he was shocked at his own courage.

 

“Actually you owe me more than you know… now that you’ve hacked into a government computer system, you could all be put in federal prison if they were to find out.  Sehyuk’s political debating skills wouldn’t be able to get you out of that one, now would they?”

 

“Wait, how did you know that the tanker was actually a government vessel?” Hojoon said in an accusatory tone.

 

“I know a lot of things, but that isn’t important, what is important is that tomorrow you will go to South Korea and you will free my brother, before it’s too late.  Do we have an understanding gentlemen?” Mr. Ahn said.  Jenissi stormed out of the office, with the others not far behind.

-----------------------------

Kidoh sat restlessly in his cell, he couldn’t take another minute of this.

 

“Nakta, we have to do something… I don’t care if we have to get back to the school on foot, I can’t stay in here any longer!”

 

“I agree, but what are we supposed to do?”

 

“Haven’t you ever seen a prison break movie? We start a riot and use our knight training to escape during the confusion… but starting a riot is going be a little harder than the movies make it seem,” Kidoh said, tapping his foot as he thought.

 

“I have an idea, it’s insane, but it's kinda crazy” Nakta said with a devious grin.

 

"Everything we do is crazy, now tell me," Kidoh said, leaning over so Nakta could fill him in...

--------------------------------

Hansol sat on his bed with his knees up to his chest.  He couldn’t believe the things that Mr. Ahn was making them do.  Hojoon was sitting on the floor, looking at the downloaded files on his laptop.  Luckily Mr. Ahn didn’t ask for Hojoon’s flash drive and even if he wanted it, the files had already been copied.

 

“According to this, BTS is an organization created by the United Nations, they have been abducting magical creatures and humans… the human prisoners are the ones being held in the prisons, until BTS needs them,” Hojoon said.

 

“Needs them for what?” Xero wondered.

 

“Apparently they are using the magical DNA to enhance the humans.  Then they brainwash them and use them as their soldiers… they’re building an army… what the hell are they preparing for?”

 

“An army!? How many soldiers do they have?” Hansol asked.

 

“So far only three: Jeon Jungkook, Park Jimin, and Kim Taehyung.  But they’re recruiting more, like Kidoh, Nakta, and Sanggyun,”

 

Before anyone could say anything, Hansol noticed an emergency news broadcast on the TV and turned up the volume.

 

“Translators have been working diligently to decode the messages in the codex surrendered by the dragon known as Park Sehyuk, and although it has only been six hours since it came into their possession, they have already discovered a startling message, we now go live to Anita Anderson at the Pentagon,” said the anchorman.

 

“Thanks Bob, I am here with translator, Dr. Rexford Johnson.  Dr. Johnson, what is the exact translation of the message deciphered from the book?” asked the young reporter.  The older man adjusted his glasses before looking down at the sheet of paper he was holding.

 

“And soon the old world of man shall be no more, washed away with a great and mighty tide. The Order will bring forth the era of reformation, and all who do not accept, shall perish,” he said.  Hansol’s heart sank as he read the words.

 

“Era of reformation? What do you make of that?” the reporter asked.

 

“Well, to be honest, it sounds like a threat… but we cannot yet be sure,”

 

“Thank you Dr. Johnson,”

 

Hansol turned off the TV.

 

“That didn’t sound good… Sehyuk never mentioned anything about the era of reformation,” Xero said.

 

“He did… but only to me.  He didn’t want to worry the rest of you, especially since he didn’t know what to make of it himself,” Hojoon admitted.  Hansol couldn’t help but wonder what else Sehyuk had been keeping from them.  He’d find out in the morning… it had only been one day, but he had enough excitement to last all year.