The Meeting

Order of the Wolf: Reformation

Hansol stood on the sidewalk of the busy street. He was wearing a hoodie and made sure to keep his head down so no one would recognize him. Where the heck was this guy? Twenty minutes passed before Hansol felt a tap on his shoulder. He looked up, but he was quickly pulled into a dark alleyway. When he finally got a glimpse of the person he came to meet, he was shocked to see a beautiful young woman with snowy white hair. It was pulled into a high ponytail that had been dyed red.

 

“Y-you're The Master Planner?”

 

“That's right kid. What'd you expect?” she asked, raising an accusatory eyebrow.

 

“Um, I don't know. Can we just get to the point... what do you want with me?”

 

“Goodness, why so forward? Can't we get to know each other first?” She said sarcastically, rolling her eyes.

 

“Are you serious?”

 

“Jeez what happened to manners? My name's Kwon Sohee, it's nice to formally meet you Kim Hansol,” Sohee stuck out her hand, prompting Hansol to shake it. He immediately felt bad for being rude to her a moment ago as he shook her hand.

 

“Uh, nice to meet you too Sohee. I'm sorry for...”

 

“It's fine, I can't blame you for being direct, I mean we don't know each other at all... at least not yet,” Sohee replied with a wink before leading Hansol down the alley. The clip clop of her heels echoed through the area as Hansol follwed her in awkward silence.

 

“Sohee? I have a question,”

 

“What's up?”

 

“Why'd you send me such a weird message... you called my friends losers,”

 

“I know it was a little rude, but I really needed to get your attention,” she said as they came to an old warehouse. The outward appearance was incredibly deceptive... the inside looked like an egyptian palace, no doubt the product of magical decorating. Gold trimmed walls, a controlled waterfall and even a chocolate fountain (it didn't seem to have much of a purpose... but chocolate is awesome so...)

 

“Welcome to the Liberty Corps Hansol. Let me show you around,” Sohee said as she took in Hansol's awestruck expression. She lead him to a room with five golden thrones, sitting on a platform overlooking the rest of the room.

 

“Who are the thrones for?” Hansol wondered.

 

“The queens of the new world AKA the other girls and I. They're out running some errands but you'll meet them soon enough. I guess it's time for me to explain the reason why I brought you here. As you could probably tell, I'm a fellow wizard. My entire life, I've been a target of incessant bullying, and the past 7 months have been hell since the world found out about us... don't worry I won't hold that one against you,” Sohee began. Hansol blushed and looked down at the floor. He hadn't considered how much pain his decision had potentially caused others.

 

“The others and I formed the Liberty Corps to ensure that future generations of supernatural creatures don't have to endure the same things that we did. You saw first hand what Blockbuster almost did to us... we are never going to let that happen again,” Sohee continued.

 

“Wait Sohee... what are you guys planning?”

 

“Like I told you before Hansol, the revolution is coming. We are building an army to overthrow the human government and we want you to be on our side. Soon the humans will know exactly how it feels to be the minority,”

 

Hansol's eyes widened.

 

“Are you seriously talking about killing people!?”

 

“Jesus, no! I said overthrow not murder... this is going to be a bloodless revolution,”

 

“Sohee, you're smart. You know there's no such thing,”

 

“First time for everything,” She said with a grin.. Hansol couldn't reply before a tall skinny guy ran into the room.

 

“Noona, I did it!” he said with a huge smile.

 

“Hansol this is Hyeontae, my baby brother. What did you do exactly?”

 

“First of all, I'm not a baby. And I figured out how to hack into the CIA computers without them being able to track us!” Hyeontae said, pulling Sohee by the hand. Hansol followed closely behind as Hyeontae took them to a seperate area that looked much more technologically advanced than the rest of the building. He sat down at one of the many computers and his fingers went to town on the keyboard.

 

“Are you sure this is a good idea? I mean, this is the CIA we're talking about,” Hansol said nervously as Hyeontae hacked the system.

 

“Don't worry about it... I'm in! Check this out, there's so many dirty secrets in this database, you have no idea!”

 

Sohee kissed Hyeontae on the cheek and ruffled his hair.

 

“Great work! You never let me down kid!”

 

“Of course not. We can definitely use these to our advantage when the revolution comes,”

 

“Hyeontae, if you don't mind me asking... are you a wizard too?” Hansol asked.

 

“Nah, I'm not gifted like Sohee. I'm adopted,” he said with a chuckle.

 

“He's the only human that's worth anything as far as I'm concerned,” Sohee said, a hint of bitterness in her voice.

 

“That's not fair Sohee... my mom's human and she's a great person,”

 

“Well my father's human and he is a drunken, abusive ,”

 

Hansol was speechless, but soon the awkward silence was broken by an strange buzzing.

 

“Oh , the tag blaster's overheating!” Hyeontae screamed as he ran off to the machine on the other side of the room.

 

“What the hell is a tag blaster?” Hansol wondered.

 

“A machine that can instantly scan someone and determine whether or not they're human,” Hyeontae explained as he examined the device.

 

“Why's it called a tag blaster then?”

 

“Because... it sounded really cool,” Hyeontae replied. Sohee shook her head and turned to Hansol.

 

“So Hansol, what's it gonna be? Are you gonna fight with us, or against us?” she asked.

 

“I should discuss it with the other members of The Order first,”

 

“I can't allow that. There's no way they'd agree and you guys don't want a war with us... trust me. Now, are you in or out?”

 

Hansol just blinked, but he didn't have time to answer before a sneeze came out of nowhere and Xero appeared from thin air.

 

“Xero!? What the hell are you doing here!?” Hansol shouted. Xero looked around nervously before sighing.

 

“I used the invisibility spell to follow you...” he admitted. Without warning, Xero flew across the room and slammed into the wall. A section of the metal floor ripped up from the ground and pointed itself at his neck. Sohee moved her hand and the metal shard floated closer to his throat.

 

“Who is he? TELL ME NOW,” she demanded.

 

“You won't kill me witch, I heard everything you said to Hansol in the throne room. 'Bloodless revolution' remember?” Xero said.

 

“The revolution will be bloodless, but the revolution hasn't started yet so you're fair game,”

 

“Sohee relax! This is Xero, he's my boyfriend. He's a bit overprotective so he followed me, just let him go okay!?” Hansol urged. Sohee reluctantly dropped her hands, freeing Xero from her spell. He collapsed to the ground and glared at her.

 

“You know this situation has given me a great idea! It would be great if The Order of the Wolf joined us, but since that isn't likely to happen... Hyeontae!” Sohee shouted. As the words left , Hyeontae pressed a button on the Tag Blaster, shooting an electric pulse at Xero.

 

“It's done,” he said.

 

“What did you do to me!?” Xero screeched.

 

“He's been temporarily de-powered. You have one day to convince The Order to join us. He'll stay here until you make up their minds,” Sohee explained.

 

“What!? Hyeontae you said the Tag Blaster was some kind of stupid scanner!”

 

“Yeah... I lied,” Hyeontae said with a smile.

 

“You bastard!” Hansol shouted, but with a snap of Sohee's fingers he was standing at the front gate of Arario. She was definitely going to pay for this. The old Hansol may have taken this without much of a fight, but not anymore. If Sohee wanted a war, she was about to get one...