Calm before the Storm

Order of the Wolf: Reformation

Byungjoo awoke with a splitting headache and answered his ringing phone.

 

“Whaaaaat?” he groaned.

 

“Byungjoo? Dude where are you? I’ve tried to call you like seven times! Hansol’s awake; he has been for about two hours now.  Your mom is here and she was freaking out but she’s calmed down a little.  She wants to see you,” Hojoon said.

 

“We got attacked by some guys from Blockbuster, but we got away.  We’ll be there soon,” Byungjoo replied.  He shook Sehyuk and Seogoong until they finally woke up before teleporting them all into the emergency waiting room, much to everyone’s surprise.  Byungjoo’s face reddened and he looked around awkwardly as people whispered and pointed fingers.

 

“Good job,” Sehyuk sarcastically whispered.

-----------------------

Hansol had spent the past thirty minutes trying to explain the recent events to his mother… she couldn’t believe her ears.

 

“That’s it, you and Byungjoo are coming home and I’m signing you up for the homeschool program.  I’ve had enough of all of this drama!” she hysterically screamed.

 

“Mom, it’s okay! You have to trust me on this.  It’s true that a lot of crazy stuff has been going on, but you have to let me stay!  We need to find a way out of this and the only way to do that is for us to stick together as a team,”

 

“Are you kidding me?  You got shot in the head Hansol! You could have died! Do you have any idea how stressed out I was on the way here?”

 

“I know that mom, but I’m not a kid anymore.  I’m a fully powered wizard!  You have to trust me… this is bigger than just us, this concerns the fate of everyone else on the entire planet and if I have to endanger myself to save them, then that’s just the way it has to be,” Hansol said.

 

“Hansol, I’m very proud of you, and I understand that you feel that you have an obligation… but you are my son and I can’t allow you to risk your life!”

 

“Sorry mom, but you don’t really have a choice,” Hansol whispered.  He waved his hand in front of her face.  She blinked for a moment before staring out into space.

 

“You will allow Byungjoo and I to stay at Arario and do whatever is necessary to stop Blockbuster and BTS, and save humanity,”

 

His mother nodded.  It was the first time he’d used the compulsion spell, and using it on his mom was definitely not the way he’d imagined breaking it in.  There was a knock on the door as the doctor brought Byungjoo into the room.

 

“Hyung, you’re awake!” he screeched as he ran over and hugged Hansol.

 

“Watch the bandages!”

 

“Sorry Hyung.  Hi mommy,” Byungjoo said, kissing his mother on the cheek.  She didn’t move… she was still in a trance.

 

“Don’t mind her, she’ll be out of it for a while,”

 

“Compulsion spell?”

 

“Yup.  What did I miss?”

 

“Well… we’re working with BTS now and they’re gonna help us take down Blockbuster for good,” Byungjoo explained.

 

“Awesome.  So you guys know that Mr. Ahn is behind all this, and he’s the one who shot me?”

 

“So he is the one that shot you!?  I’ll kill that !”

 

“Byungjoo relax! I’m fine, you won’t be killing anyone understood?” Hansol ordered.  Byungjoo sighed.

 

“Fine hyung, I’m just glad you’re okay,”

 

“Me too,”

---------------------

Jiwon ran through the metallic corridors of the Blockbuster headquarters.  He had taken down the security guards one by one and located a secure file with all the information he needed.

 

They were about to turn his blood into a high powered, mutagenic gas and release it into the atmosphere, saturating the planet and turning every human into a creature like him.  Apparently he was a Proxy, a shape shifter.  He had been imitating a dragon all these years, but he wasn’t actually one of them…

 

To make matters worse, the gas was incompatible with supernatural genes… it would kill every non-human on the planet.  He knew he had to take them down and dispose of the gas; but he couldn’t do it alone, definitely not with the huge surplus of armed guards hot on his heels. 

 

Although he really didn’t want to, his only option was to work alongside the order to take down a common enemy…