Ice skating

Without you it's not the same

The brunette’s hand slowly pushed the door open and she peeked her head inside the dark room. She smiled when her eyes fell on the bed in the room where she could see a lump under the covers. Her smile remained on her lips as she quietly made her way into the room and walked over to the bed.

“You have no idea what we’re going to do today!” Jessica said and jumped up on the bed where a girl was sleeping. A groan was heard as her knee accidentally hit the sleeping girl in the back and she looked apologetically down on the brunette that turned around to look at her.

“Enjoy our day off?” Taeyeon mumbled tiredly and pulled the covers closer around her body.

“No!” Jessica said and shook Taeyeon’s body. The latter could only sigh and wait for Jessica to stop shaking her.

“What are we going to do then?” Taeyeon asked when Jessica stopped shaking her.

“We’re going ice skating!” Jessica exclaimed happily.

Silence filled between the couple. Jessica continued to grin from ear to ear, not once losing her spirit or changing her mind about her plans for the day.

“It’s way too cold to go out.” Taeyeon deadpanned and buried herself deeper down in her bed.

“No! No! No! It’s a perfect weather to go ice skating!” Jessica said and sat astride on the other girl and shook her again.

“I don’t like cold.” Taeyeon said and grabbed Jessica’s hands to make the girl stop shaking her.

“You don’t like warmth either. Make up your mind!”

“I like inside activities!”

“No. You like spending time with me. And I’m going ice skating and you’re coming with me.”

“But it’s cold.”

“I’ll keep you warm.”

“You’re cold.”

“I’m warm.”

“You’ll become cold.”

“Trust me I’m hot as the sun.”

“I’d be dead now if you were.”

“Taeyeon!”

“What?”

“We’re going ice skating.”

“I don’t wanna.”

“You have no choice!” Jessica said and grabbed Taeyeon’s arm and got up from the girl’s bed. She began pulling on Taeyeon that was desperately trying to stay in her warm bed. But because Jessica was stronger she managed to pull Taeyeon out of the bed, and the latter soon found herself on the floor.

“I don’t like you very much now.” Taeyeon mumbled as Jessica helped her to stand up. Jessica just grinned at her and gave her a small peck on the lips.

“It’ll go away soon.” Jessica said and patted Taeyeon’s shoulder. “You should go eat something while I fix some clothes for you.” Jessica said.

“I want to wear something warm. It’s probably like -10°C outside.”

“I checked and it’s only -5°C.” Jessica said and grinned.

“I still want to wear something warm…” Taeyeon mumbled and made her way to the door.

“Got it!” Jessica said and caught Taeyeon rolling her eyes before she made her way out of the bedroom. Jessica continued to grin while she turned to Taeyeon’s closet, trying to find some warm clothes the girl could wear when they went out for the day.


---


“This is the worst thing you’ve made me do!” Taeyeon exclaimed. Her small outburst earned her some of the other people’s attention that was at the ice skating rink, but she didn’t care about that. Her complete focus was on keeping herself on her feet and holding onto Jessica that was way more stable than her.

Jessica laughed at Taeyeon that was clinging to her arm. She moved a bit to the side and felt Taeyeon’s hold on her tightening. It drew a smile to her face and she looked at the girl that was looking terrified.

“You sure this is the worst?” Jessica asked.

“Yes!”

“Should we go bungee jumping in the summer?”

“Do you want me dead?!”

Jessica laughed and looked around her at the other people that were there. She smiled and looked at Taeyeon that looked at her. Her smile widened and she placed her free hand on one of Taeyeon’s.

“If you died I wouldn’t be able to enjoy a happy marriage with you.” Jessica said and grinned. She saw Taeyeon staring at her while the girl’s already red cheeks turned an even brighter shade of red.

“You should be careful with your future wife then…” Taeyeon mumbled.

Jessica smiled and grabbed one of Taeyeon’s hands and made the girl loose her hold on her arm. She turned herself around to face the other girl. Her hands took ahold of both of Taeyeon’s and she saw the girl looking panicked at her.

“Don’t worry, I am careful with you.” Jessica said and slowly began moving backwards, still holding on to Taeyeon’s hands so the girl followed along.

“You call this careful?” Taeyeon asked and tightened her hold on Jessica’s hands.

“Yeah. If I wasn’t careful I’d go even faster.” Jessica said. She saw Taeyeon’s eyes widened by her words.

“Don’t even dare thinking about going faster. I’ll fall if you do.” Taeyeon said.

“What if I hold you?”

“I’ll make us both fall.”

“And if I promise to keep us both up?”

“I don’t think a promise could save us from my clumsy feet.”

“Should we try it?” Jessica asked with a grin.

“No.” Taeyeon began to shake her head when she felt Jessica began moving faster. “Jessica I swear. I’m going to fall and you’ll fall down with me.”

“But I wanna see how strong the power of our promises is.” Jessica said and brought Taeyeon closer to her. She wrapped the other girl’s arm around her waist and she turned around.

“Hold on tight because I’m gonna go fast. And we’ll see if we both fall or if the power of my promise kept us up.” Jessica said and grinned.

“No.  Jessica. I’m going to tell your mom that you made me have a heart attack.”

“I’ll deal with that then.” Jessica said and began moving forward with Taeyeon’s arms tightly wrapped around her waist. She felt the girl’s body press against her back and she grinned as she began moving them faster forward.


---


Hearing someone entering the living room the woman looked up from the book she was reading. Seeing her future daughter-in-law a smile graced her lips and she watched as the girl slumped down on one of the armchairs in the room.

“What fun did you two do today?” Mrs. Jung asked as she looked at the girl’s form.

“We tested the power of our promises.” Taeyeon mumbled tiredly.

“Really? How did it go?”

“It went well. After we put our trust to the fullest for each other.” Taeyeon said and let her head loll to the side.

“I see.” Mrs. Jung smiled and let her gaze go from the exhausted girl to her daughter that entered the living room. She watched as her daughter made her way to the armchair Taeyeon was seated on, and after some moving around Taeyeon had made room for Jessica and the couple sat cuddled up together on the furniture.

“I almost gave Taeyeon a heart attack today.” Jessica told her mother proudly. The woman’s eyes slightly widened and she looked at the girl who currently had her head resting against Jessica’s arm. From the sight Mrs. Jung could almost had guessed that.

“Really?” The woman said and leaned back in her seat.

“Yup. But it didn’t happen. Taeyeon just had to trust her trust in me.” Jessica said and beamed a smile at her mother.

“Even though nothing happened I’d like to not do that kind of thing for a while now.” Taeyeon said and looked at Jessica.

“I guess we can take it easy now. We can save it for the summer when we’re going bungee jumping.”

“When did I ever agree to do that…?”

“The moment you put a ring on my finger.”

“I don’t ever remember saying ‘this rings makes me agree to go bungee jumping with you’”

“No, but it makes you automatically go along with what I want to do.”

“What about the things I want to do…?”

“We’ll do them too.”

“When?”

“After getting your rush of adrenaline.”

“That means that we should do something I want to do now.”

“Yup! So what do you wanna do now?”

“Just sit here and relax…”

Jessica smiled and wrapped one arm around Taeyeon’s shoulders and leaned her head against the girl’s.

“Okay.” Jessica said and smiled.

Mrs. Jung that had been watching the couple all along smiled as she watched Jessica and Taeyeon being able to just enjoy sitting together and doing nothing in particular. Feeling calmed by the sight of the two girls she went back to read her book, while listening to the small conversations the two girls had about everything and anything that crossed their minds.