100% plants

Without you it's not the same

The buzzing of her phone made the girl grab the device and look at it. A smile formed on her lips and she quickly typed a reply and sent it away. Her hand reached out towards the pen when it had placed the phone of the desk surface and se began writing on the paper she had in front of her.

Her smile never left her lips and she stood up from her seat and made her way towards the wardrobe to find clothes that would be fitting for her plans for the day.


---


The girl on the bed didn’t even react as the door to room opened. She glanced at the person that had entered but quickly went back to read her book as she saw the girl slowly closing the door behind her before she made her way towards the bed.

“Hi!” Jessica said and stopped beside the bed where Taeyeon was lying. A kiss landed on the girl’s forehead and she looked up at Jessica that beamed a smile at her.

“Where have you been the whole day?” Taeyeon asked as she had expected Jessica to show up earlier.

“I was taking care of Cameron, Harley, Jess and Kim Jr., and then I went shopping with my mom and Krystal.” Jessica said and took a seat on the bed beside the girl.

“Oh, I see, was it fun?” Taeyeon asked and returned her focus to the book in her hands.

“Not exactly.” Jessica said and frowned. Her eyes widened as she just remembered something and she shook Taeyeon’s leg to earn the girl’s attention.

“Did you know we’re wearing plants?” Jessica asked wide eyed. Taeyeon blinked confused before she looked down on the t-shirt she was wearing before she looked up at the girl again.

“You’ve completely lost me now.”

“No, but I realized it when mom and Krystal was buying clothes. Clothes are made of cotton, right? And cotton is from plants. So we’re technically wearing plants.”

“Yeah, so?”

“But it’s so weird! Plants wither, but cotton doesn’t. You can wash it with weird chemicals and everything but nothing changes, except for the color but that’s also a lot of weird chemicals. It’s so strange! We’ve gone from wearing animals’ furs to wearing plants!”

“We still wear animal furs though…”

“Yeah, I know. But it’s so expensive! Human always wore animals’ furs before and it didn’t seem like much of a big deal, but now when people do it they’re associated with luxury and wealth.”

“Ah…yeah…”

“It’s so weird!”

“Yeah, I get it. It’s weird! Humans are weird. Evolution and change are weird. I get it.”

“I need to know more.”

“Huh?”

“About cotton. Can I borrow your laptop?”

“Sure.”

Taeyeon watched as Jessica got up from her bed and made her way to her desk where her laptop was. She shook her head and went back to read the book. A smile formed on her lips as she thought about how Jessica must have reacted at the clothe store when she had realized what the clothes were made of.

She was pretty sure Jessica must have had a lecture about it with her mother and sister, and also informed the staff at the store about what the clothes actually were made of.

It might sound crazy but Taeyeon had wanted to be there to witness it. And also be the one Jessica could complain to when it turns out the employees at the clothe store didn’t take her informative speech seriously.

“Taeyeon look at this!” She was brought back to reality as she heard Jessica call her and she looked towards the girl. She slowly got up from her bed as she figured it was something on the computer the girl wanted to show her.

“Look! It’s so cute!” Jessica said and pointed at the laptop screen.

Taeyeon stared at the screen that displayed a picture of the cotton plant. A sigh left her lips and she looked at the girl that seemed ecstatic over the new found cute object.

“It’s a plant…”

“But look at it! It looks like small, fluffy owls sitting on plants.”

“Your imagination is admirable.”

“But it does!”

“Sure, if you say so.”

Taeyeon turned to leave for the bed and book again but glanced at Jessica before she left. A smile graced her lips as she saw the girl focusing on the webpage that was about the history of cotton. She slowly shook her head at how Jessica was so easily absorbed in things people normally wouldn’t find any interest in.

“Taeyeon can I borrow you for a moment.” Jessica asked before Taeyeon had reached her bed. The latter blinked confused and turned towards the girl that had gotten up from her seat.

“What do you need me for?” Taeyeon asked.

“I need your t-shirt.” Jessica said with a smile. A frown appeared on Taeyeon’s lips and she crossed her arms.

“Then you don’t need to borrow me, you need the t-shirt I’m wearing.” Taeyeon said.

“Oh, don’t get jealous of your shirt now.”

“I’m not jealous…If I were I’d put this shirt of fire.”

“Ooooh, scaryyyyyy.”

“Shut up, what do you need it for?”

“Turn around, I’m gonna check something.” Jessica said with a smile. A sigh left Taeyeon’s lips and did what Jessica told her to and waited.

She felt a light tug on the collar of her t-shirt before it stopped. She felt Jessica’s fingers slowly grace the skin of her neck which made her shudder as it tickled.

“100% cotton.” Jessica said and let go of Taeyeon’s t-shirt. The latter spun around in time of catching Jessica taking off her shirt to check what her shirt was made of.

“100% cotton.” Jessica said and held out her shirt for Taeyeon to see.

“Yeah, so?” Taeyeon said and looked up at the girl.

“We’re wearing 100% plants.”

“Uhm…yeah…most clothes are made of 100% cotton.”

The door to Taeyeon’s bedroom suddenly opened and the two girls turned away from each other to the boy that had entered.

“Noona mom’s…” Kibum stopped as he realized he must have caught his sister and sister’s girlfriend at a very bad time. He blinked and let his eye go from her sister, who was holding a shirt in her hands, to Jessica, who was half . He felt himself blush upon embarrassment.

“I’m sorry!” He apologized and ran out of the room and closed the door with a loud slam.

Taeyeon turned back to Jessica and let her eyes wander down from the girl’s face to her upper body. She found herself sighing when she realized what must have went through her brother’s head.

“Hey, Kibum!” Taeyeon shoved Jessica’s shirt into the girl’s hands before she went after her brother.

Jessica put on the shirt with a smile on her lips before she went after her girlfriend who had left to get ahold of her brother.


---


“Yah, Kibum, it wasn’t what it looked like.”

“Mhm sure. You’re old enough so I don’t mind. Sorry I interrupted.”

“You didn’t interrupt anything…”

“What did you do now, Kibum?”

“Oh, hi mom. I just caught sis at a bad moment.”

“Oh, really, what was she doing then?”

“Hey! I’m standing right here!”

“She was busy with Jessica-noona. Doing…adult stuff.”

“Oh…OOOOH. But Taeyeon, what are you doing here? Did you just leave Jessica like that?”

“No…I didn’t leave her ‘just like that’ because we weren’t doing anything!”

“Yeah, sure. That was really what I saw when I walked in on you.”

“You walked in on them?! Taeyeon, you do have a lock on your bedroom door. We won’t get angry if you use it when you want to have private time.”

“But mom– “

“No, it’s not nice to keep your girl waiting. Go back to your room now.”

Taeyeon sighed defeated and slumped her shoulders as she watched her mother go back to the kitchen. A frown appeared on the girl’s lips and she turned to her brother who had taken a seat in front of the TV now. She shook her head and turned to head to her room.

Just when she was going to go up the stairs she saw Jessica coming down. She looked confused at the girl that wrapped one arm around her shoulders with a smile on her face.

“Your mom is home?” Jessica asked.

“Yeah…she’s in the kitchen.” Taeyeon said with a frown.

Jessica kept looking at her girlfriend, and Taeyeon looked puzzled at her as she thought Jessica was going to ask her mother something. A smile formed on Jessica’s lips and she glanced towards the living room before she leaned closer to Taeyeon.

A surprise kiss landed on Taeyeon’s lips and she blinked shocked when Jessica pulled away.

“Don’t frown. You look cute when you smile.” Jessica said and dragged Taeyeon with her to the kitchen. Taeyeon didn’t say anything and just blushed as she was dragged where her girlfriend went.

“Hello!” Jessica said as she entered the kitchen, earning Taeyeon’s mother’s attention. A smile formed on the woman’s lips upon seeing the two girls.

“Hi, Jessica.” Mrs. Kim said and wiped her hands on the apron she was wearing before she turned to fully face the girl. “I’m sorry about Kibum walking in on you.” She apologized.

“Oh, it’s okay.” Jessica assured with a smile.

“Well…I’m not going to stop you if you want to do things together privately,”

“Hey, mom!”

“Be quiet, Taeyeon. As I was saying, I’m not going to stop you, but remember to lock the door next time, alright?” She said and smiled. The woman’s daughter just rolled her eyes but Jessica nodded her head with a smile on her lips.

“Yup, I got it. Lock the door during private time.”

“Good,” Mrs. Kim smiled before she turned to her daughter. “I wish you could also listen to me Taeyeon. I give good advice.”

“But you don’t even listen to me…you’ve got it all wrong.”

“Oh, stop it now. You’re old enough to speak about these things with your mom. You don’t have to keep it a secret. I totally understand if you’re doing it.”

“But we aren’t doing anything!”

“Oh, stop it now. I’m being understanding here. Unlike me you don’t have to keep it a secret from your mom. When I was your age I had to keep all those things a secret from my parents. Grandma would have flipped if she found out what her daughter was doing.” Mrs. Kim said and turned back to what she had been doing.

Taeyeon looked like she was about to cry, and Jessica continued to smile and looked back and forth between her girlfriend and her girlfriend’s mother.

“Oh, right! I actually came over to tell you this.” Jessica exclaimed when she finally remembered what she really was here for.

Both Taeyeon and Mrs. Kim turned towards the girl that smiled at them.

“I’m taking Taeyeon out for dinner tonight so she’s not eating at home.” Jessica said with a smile.

“Oh, okay, thanks for telling me.” Mrs. Kim said with a smile.

“You are?” Taeyeon asked surprised.

“Yeah, Tiffany told me about this new restaurant that has opened in town. Apparently they have really good pasta, so she invited us to go there and eat.”

“Oh, Tiffany…I haven’t seen her for the whole summer.”

“Yeah, she was apparently in America. She went on a road trip through the country with her brother or something.”

“I’m not even surprised. She always goes on trips during breaks.”

“Yeah, when are we going on a trip together? I wanna go overseas with you!”

“Save money and we might find a way…”

“Hey, girls, you do know your birthdays are close to each other right? Why don’t you both wish for a trip and we can gather some money for it.”

“That’s a great idea. Taeyeon, your mom is really smart.”

“I think she’s implying something else though…”

“But remember,”

“Here it comes.”

“That locked doors is a necessity even in foreign countries.”

“Oh, damn these locked doors!”

“Doors with locks are your friends at your age, young lady. Especially if you’re in a relationship.”

“I don’t like my family anymore…”

“Why? We just want to help you.”

“Yeah, with the wrong things!”

“I’d have been grateful if my mom had taken these things so easily. You should feel thankful!”

“I’m not listening anymore. Bye mom.”

“Yah, Taeyeon!”

“Don’t worry, I’ll take care of her.” Jessica assured and turned to go after Taeyeon that had left.

Jessica followed Taeyeon to her room where Taeyeon had plopped down on her bed. A small smile graced Jessica’s lips as she approached the girl and lightly poked the girl’s side. Taeyeon squirmed by Jessica’s touch which brought a smile to the latter’s lips.

“Hey, she just wanted to be of help.” Jessica said.

“Don’t talk about it. What time are you picking me up?”

“Picking you up?”

“For the dinner.”

“Oh, right! Tiffany said we should meet her at the restaurant at seven so six thirty?”

“Sure, fix some clothes for me.”

“Oh, you’re actually asking me to do it?”

“You’d have done it anyway, wouldn’t you?”

“True.” Jessica said with a smile and got up from the bed and went to Taeyeon’s wardrobe to find some clothes that would suit for the dinner. The girl on the bed turned around to watch what her girlfriend picked out for her.

“Sica,”

“Hmm?” Jessica spun around towards the girl on the bed with a smile.

“Come here for a second.” Taeyeon motioned for Jessica to get closer which she happily did.

When Jessica was standing next to the bed Taeyeon motioned for her lean closer. Jessica did and when she was close enough Taeyeon gently cupped her face and leaned up to meet the girl’s lips with her.

Jessica was at first surprised but soon started to smile and held Taeyeon closer as they kissed. Taeyeon was the first one to part and was met with a big smile when she looked at the other girl.

“I didn’t know you could come with surprises.” Jessica said with a smile.

“I have a few things up my sleeve.” Taeyeon said and smiled as well.

“Oooh, I like that.” Jessica said and wiggled her eyebrows. Taeyeon chuckled and released herself from Jessica’s hold.

“Yeah, yeah, go and fix my clothes now.” Taeyeon said and lightly pushed Jessica towards her wardrobe.

Jessica went to do her task with a smile on her face. She turned towards the girl on the bed that had picked up her book to read. Her smile widened and she turned back to the wardrobe to search for the right kind of clothes.

“Taeyeon,”

“Yes?”

“I could imagine living like this, you and me, on our own.”

There was a pause, Jessica didn’t turn around to look at the girl and focused on finding a good top to the skirt she had found.   

“I always imagined we would move in together once we move away from home.” Taeyeon finally said.

Jessica spun around to look at the girl with a smile. Taeyeon however was still focusing on the book and didn’t notice the girl that was smiling at her.

“Really?” Jessica asked with a smile.

“Yeah, we’ve always been by each other’s sides. Wouldn’t it be weird if we lived far away from each other?” Taeyeon said and looked up from her book.

Jessica nodded her head. She couldn’t imagine being away from Taeyeon. The girl had always been a one minute’s walk away from her.

“I’ve always thought we would continue living next to each other. No matter if it’s the house next door or if it’s the other side of the bed. I imagine having you next to me no matter what we were.” Taeyeon said and went back to read her book.

Jessica’s smile widened and she turned back to the wardrobe. She smiled at the thought of living under the same roof as Taeyeon, sharing every space with her, waking up next to the girl every morning, cooking breakfast together, and always having the girl greet her when she came home. It was perfect. It was what she hoped for the future.

“After college.”

“What?”

“Let’s move in together when we’ve finished college.” Jessica said.

Taeyeon smiled and nodded her head. “Sure, after college.”

Jessica smiled too and continued to search for a good outfit for her girlfriend.