Dinner

Without you it's not the same

A sigh left the girl’s lips as she stared at her mirror reflection. Her eyes moved from her reflection to the other girl who was visible behind her. A hair brush came into view and her eyes landed on the item that now brushed through her hair.

“Ponytail really suits you.” Jessica said as she was holding Taeyeon’s hair back and looked at the girl’s side profile. “But then I like your hair down.” Jessica said and let go of the hair that fell down over Taeyeon’s shoulders.

“I don’t mind which ever you choose.” Taeyeon said. She watched as Jessica pulled back her hair again and let go of it again. “Choose something you like.” She added as the girl still hadn’t decided for a hairstyle.

“Okay, I choose you!” Jessica said and did a pose with her arm outstretched and her hand looked like she was holding a ball. Taeyeon’s left eyebrow raised as she looked at her girlfriend in the mirror reflection.

“Pokémon! You don’t remember that show?” Jessica asked with a smile.

“I do remember. But I was talking about hairstyles and not some weird creatures.”

“They’re not weird.” Jessica said with a pout. She continued to brush Taeyeon’s hair until she finally decided to just let the girl have her hair down and put a hair pin with a purple flower on the side. She smiled at her work and made Taeyeon turn around to face her.

“You look pretty.” Jessica said and let her hands through the girl’s hair. Seeing the blush that appeared on Taeyeon’s cheeks she smiled wider. “And I like it when you get embarrassed by my compliments.” She added.

“Shut up. Just fix your hair and make-up or whatever you need.” Taeyeon said and got up from the seat in front of the mirror. She changed place with Jessica and stood behind the girl and watched in the mirror as Jessica applied some make-up before she started fixing her hair.

“This dinner feels more formal than just some friends going out to eat.” Taeyeon said as she looked at how much they had fixed themselves. Jessica smiled at the girl through the mirror.

“If it were, I wouldn’t have let you wear shorts instead of that skirt I found.” Jessica said and turned around to look at Taeyeon. The girl didn’t say anything and just stared at Jessica that smiled at her.

“We should go.” Jessica said and got up from her seat and stood in front of Taeyeon. She held out her hand towards the girl which Taeyeon grabbed before they exited the bathroom together.

Once they were outside camera flashes made them stop in their tracks and they blinked surprised until it had stopped and they saw Jessica’s mother, Jessica’s father and Krystal were standing outside of the bathroom, all three of them having cameras in their hands.

“Omo, you both look so pretty!” Mrs. Jung said and held up her camera again to snap another photo of the couple. Taeyeon embarrassed turned around and hid herself behind Jessica.

“What are you doing?” Jessica asked and looked and her whole family that continued to take photos of them.

“We just wanted to take a picture of you to remember your first night out as a couple.” Mrs. Jung said with a smile.  

“Oh, that’s actually a good idea.” Jessica said and started to smile. She turned towards Taeyeon, and with her arm around the girl’s waist she made the girl stand beside her in front of her family. “Let’s take a few pictures together, Taengoo.” Jessica said.

“No!” Taeyeon turned around with her back facing the cameras and placed her head in the crook of Jessica’s neck to hide from the cameras.

“Oh, that’s a good pose!” Jessica’s father said and began snapping pictures of the couple.

“C’mon Taeyeon. Just a few pictures. Pictures for memories!” Jessica said and tried to pull the girl away from her, but Taeyeon clung to her like a koala clung to a tree.

“I don’t like cameras.” Taeyeon said and tightened her hold around the girl so Jessica wouldn’t be able to make her face the cameras.

“Why don’t we film them when they’re like this? It could also be fun.” Krystal suggested.

Jessica was going to agree on her sister’s suggestion, but she felt Taeyeon’s nails dig into her skin, and she held back the words and smiled as her family continued to snap pictures of them.

“I don’t think it’s a good idea.” Jessica said. She felt Taeyeon relax and she continued to smile even though Krystal looked disappointed.

“I actually think you have enough pictures.” Jessica said. She felt the arms around her also loosened and she continued to smile.

“Aw, come on, can’t we have a kiss at least?” Mrs. Jung said.

“Huh?”

“What?!”  

“Taeyeon’s mom wants a few pictures as well, and I promised her I’d take a lot of them.” Mrs. Jung explained.

“I should’ve known my mom was involved.” Taeyeon sighed and leaned her forehead against Jessica’s shoulder. The other girl patted her back in a comforting manner.

“Hey, Taeyeon.” Jessica managed to make Taeyeon face her instead of burying her face into her shoulder or neck. “Let’s take a few photos, okay? If we do they will stop bothering us.” Jessica said and her finger on the side of Taeyeon’s face. A sigh escaped Taeyeon’ lips and she leaned against Jessica’s shoulder again.

“Fine, but I’ll do it for you, because I know you want these pictures just as much as our families.” Taeyeon whispered for only Jessica to hear. A wide grin appeared on Jessica’s lips and she managed to make Taeyeon face the camera.

The rest of the Jung family raised the cameras and started to snap photos right away. Jessica continued to smile widely at them while Taeyeon’s smile went from awkward to shy until she was smiling widely after Jessica had leaned closer to her and whispered “Imagine them and you’ll smile naturally.”

Taeyeon couldn’t hold herself any longer and started to giggle at what Jessica had said and had to turn to the girl to hide her face behind her shoulder. When she had calmed down she looked at Jessica and Jessica turned to meet her gaze, the Jung family continued to take pictures of them to not miss a moment, and they finally leaned closer to cross of that request Mrs. Jung had come with.

When they pulled away from the kiss Taeyeon was way too embarrassed to deal with more pictures and pulled Jessica to stand in front of her.

“I don’t want more pictures to be taken of me.” Taeyeon said and leaned her head against Jessica’s back.

“Okay, no more pictures. Besides we have to go so we won’t be late.” Jessica said and managed to make her family stop.

“Alright. Have fun girls. I’m going to get these pictures printed as soon as possible so I can give some of them to Taeyeon’s mother.” Mrs. Jung said and took the two other cameras from her husband and youngest daughter.

Taeyeon looked at Jessica after they had watched Mrs. Jung leave with the cameras.

“Those pictures will be everywhere.” Taeyeon said.

“Isn’t that nice?”

“My mom will put up pictures of us all over the walls in the foyer!”

“My mom will put up pictures of us in the living room.” Jessica said with a wide grin.

“See, the pictures will be everywhere.”

“But they just do it because they’re proud and happy for us.”

“More like because they know I don’t like it and want to torture me.”

“Noooo, you’re exaggerating. Besides, I’d like to put up pictures of us when we’re kissing.”

“Over my dead body I’ll let you do that!”

“Why not? I’ll like it.”

“But I won’t!”

“Please Taeyeon, you haven’t let me put up any pictures of us since elementary school. And even though we’re cute in that photo I’d like some recent ones.”

Taeyeon sighed and turned towards the girl. Jessica looked at her with pleading eyes and she sighed once again and turned away from the girl.

“Fine, you may put up more pictures of us. One from each year we’ve known each other.” Taeyeon said. A wide smile appeared on Jessica’s lips upon hearing that. “However,” Taeyeon said and turned towards Jessica again.

“You may put up more pictures of the time we’re a couple.” Taeyeon said and sighed.

“Really, why?” Jessica asked surprised.

“Because I suppose we look happier in those pictures.” Taeyeon said and turned around. Jessica continued to grin and watched as the girl put on her shoes and turned around towards her.

“Are you coming? Tiffany won’t wait the whole night you know.” Taeyeon said.

“Okay!” Jessica said and went to put on her shoes. When she was done she turned to Taeyeon with a wide smile. She leaned closer to the girl, planting a kiss on Taeyeon’s cheek before the couple exited the Jung’s house.


---


The walked hand-in-hand to the restaurant their friend had invited them to. They met up with their friend outside of the restaurant, Jessica and their friend Tiffany being very ecstatic upon seeing each other again.

“Hi guys!” Tiffany greeted them loud and clear and enveloped both of them in a hug. “I haven’t seen you for the whole summer, how have you been?” She asked and looked from Jessica to Taeyeon and then back to Jessica.

“Oh, we’ve been fine, right Taeyeon?” Jessica said with a wide smile and glanced towards her girlfriend. Taeyeon nodded in agreement before Jessica turned back to Tiffany. “We’ve done a lot of things.” Jessica added and grinned.

“Really? Oh my gosh, you gotta tell me everything! It feels like I’ve been missing out on a lot of things while I’ve been gone.” Tiffany said and smiled.

“We’ll tell you! Once we settle down by a table. Taeyeon is starting to get hungry.” Jessica said with a grin.

“Hey! You were the one that complained about being hungry once we left the house.” Taeyeon pointed out.

Tiffany began laughing at the two girls. “You two are the same. It’s good to see!” She exclaimed and turned around.

“Oh, right, I invited Soyeon too, do you remember her? She went to the same high school as us.” Tiffany said and pointed at a girl that was walking towards them.

“Oh, right, I remember her!” Jessica said. Taeyeon blinked surprised upon seeing the girl that approached them. She stopped and greeted Tiffany and Jessica first before she turned towards Taeyeon.

“Hi, Taeyeon. Long time no see.” She said with a smile.

“Hi, yeah, long time no see.” Taeyeon said and awkwardly smiled.

“Now when everyone is here, let’s find a table!” Tiffany said and began leading the way towards the restaurant. While Soyeon followed the girl Taeyeon grabbed ahold of Jessica’s hand to make the girl walk with her. Jessica turned towards Taeyeon with a smile and Taeyeon motioned for her to start walking, and she did, with a wide grin on her lips.

The four girls entered the restaurant. Tiffany had already reserved a table for them as she had thought it would be difficult to find one otherwise. The waiter led them to the table that was located by a window.

Jessica motioned for Taeyeon to take a seat first, and the girl ended up next to the window with Soyeon opposite her. Jessica took a seat next to her girlfriend and Tiffany took the remaining seat in front of Jessica.

Once the girls had ordered their drinks and were sitting with their menus Tiffany turned to the two girls opposite her.

“I’ve heard rumors.” Tiffany said with a smile and looked back and forth between them. 

“Really, for how long have you been back to be able to hear rumors?” Taeyeon asked and glanced at Jessica before she turned back to Tiffany.

“I hung out with a few friends from college yesterday and they told me a few things.” Tiffany said and let her eyes go back and forth between Taeyeon and Jessica.

“If it’s the rumor about me and Jessica being together then it’s true.” Taeyeon confirmed before Tiffany had been able to ask anything.

“Really?!” Tiffany asked ecstatic. Her loud voice earned her the attention of the other customers at the restaurant.

“Geez, Fany, don’t be so loud.” Taeyeon told the girl and glanced around them

“Are you really a couple?” Tiffany turned to Jessica as she figured Taeyeon would be her usually calm and boring self. Jessica’s smile widened, her teeth showed and she nodded her head.

“Yeah,” Jessica said her smile never leaving her lips.

“Ooooh, I’m so happy for you. You really match. You have to tell me everything about that. Who confessed? What happened? What did you do? How did you realize your feelings?” Tiffany began bombarding Jessica with questions.

“Okay, I’ll tell you!” Jessica said.

Taeyeon looked up from her menu at the two girls. She smiled and shook her head at them as she saw Jessica telling the story of how they ended up together, and Tiffany was listening intently, and occasionally gave comments like ‘oooh, that’s so cute!’ and ‘that’s so typical you two!’

Taeyeon turned towards the girl that sat opposite her. She noticed Soyeon looked at her with a skeptical look, a frown appeared on Taeyeon’s lips upon seeing the girl’s expression and she returned her focus to the menu instead.

“Are you guys really an item?” Soyeon asked in a whisper Taeyeon was only able to hear as Jessica and Tiffany were too engrossed in their own conversation.

“Yes, we are.” Taeyeon said without looking up at the girl in front of her.

“Since when?”

“More than two weeks ago.” Taeyeon said.

“Okay.” Taeyeon looked up at the other girl and noticed Soyeon had started reading the menu. A sigh left Taeyeon’s lips and she turned towards the two girls that were still in their story-telling mode and had forgotten about the menus

“Hey, girls, shouldn’t you decide what you’re gonna eat first and continue talking later?” Taeyeon asked them.

“I checked the menu online so I know what I’m gonna eat.” Tiffany said with a smile.

“Okay, and you, Sica?” Taeyeon turned towards her girlfriend.

“I’ve also already decided.” Jessica said with a grin. Taeyeon raised her eyebrow and looked at the menu in front of the girl she knew Jessica barely had touched.

“Okay, what are you gonna eat?” Taeyeon asked.

“The same as you.” Jessica said with grin.

Taeyeon sighed and shook her head.

“What if that’s what I was gonna go for?”

“Then we’ll end up eating nothing.”

Taeyeon sighed and picked up her menu.

“Fine, I’ll decide on something so you can just take the same.” Taeyeon said.

“Good!” Jessica said and gave Taeyeon peck on her cheek before she turned back to talk to Tiffany. A small smile appeared on Taeyeon’s lips and she looked up at the girl in front of her who she noticed was looking at her.

“What?” Taeyeon asked her smile fading.

“Nothing.” Soyeon said and returned her focus on the menu.

Taeyeon ignored the look the girl had given her and returned to focus on the menu to find something she and Jessica could eat.

When Taeyeon and Soyeon had decided what they were going to eat Tiffany called over the waiter who took their orders. Tiffany went with the vegetarian lasagna, Taeyeon and Jessica went with spaghetti and meatballs in tomato sauce, and Soyeon went with spaghetti with napoletana sauce.

When the orders were done and the waiter had left Tiffany and Jessica went back to their conversation while Soyeon and Taeyeon listened to them.

“So, besides going to the skate park and confessing your love to each other have you done something else?” Tiffany asked and wiggled her eyebrows. 

“Oh, we’ve done so much.” Jessica said and glanced at Taeyeon that nodded her head.

“I took Taeyeon on a trip to a lake where we had picnic.” Jessica said. “And I also kissed her at her doorstep after she demanded it of me.” Jessica said and glanced at the blushing Taeyeon.

“To my defense you had just told me you love me and you were just going to walk into your house like it was nothing. That’s so unromantic.” Taeyeon said.

“But you refused to draw my story.” Jessica said and pouted.

“But I did it anyways later on.”

“Yeah, probably because you felt bad about rejecting my request.”

“No…I did it because of another reason and you know it.” Taeyeon said and frowned.

Jessica smiled upon seeing Taeyeon’s expression. Seeing Taeyeon didn’t take her words as a joke her smile turned into an apologetic one and she leaned closer to the girl.

“I’m sorry, I was just joking.” Jessica said and kissed Taeyeon’s lips. The frown was gone and a smile appeared on her lips again and she turned to Tiffany.

“You’re so cute together!” Tiffany exclaimed. Jessica’s smile widened while Taeyeon just blushed and turned away from the two girls.

“We also planted tomato plants together! And we named them. They’re our babies.” Jessica said with a proud smile.

“Oh, really? I have to see them.” Tiffany said surprised.

“Oh, you can. Here I have pictures.” Jessica said and brought out her cellphone where she had pictures of their tomato plants. Tiffany leaned closer to get a better look of the cellphone screen as Jessica showed the pictures she had of the plants.

“See, this is Cameron, this is Harley, that is Jess, and this is Kim Jr.” Jessica said proudly.

“Oh, how cute. You even named two of them after you.” Tiffany said as Jessica continued to show the pictures. She smiled proudly and nodded her head.

“Yeah, I know. We helped out with naming them.” Jessica said and grinned.

“That’s so adorable!”

Jessica continued to grin while she showed the pictures to Tiffany that was amazed by the tomato plants they were taking care of.

“Taeyeon, let’s go to the restroom.” Soyeon suddenly said and stood up. Taeyeon looked surprised at the girl that motioned for her to come with her. She glanced at Jessica and Tiffany that had stopped in their conversation. Jessica motioned for her to go and Taeyeon reluctantly got up from her seat and followed the girl while Tiffany and Jessica continued their conversation about the tomato plants.

Once they had reached the ladies restroom Soyeon spun around and faced Taeyeon. Taeyeon that already had figured out something like this would happen stopped and leaned against one of the sinks in the restroom.

“Seriously, Taeyeon? Are you and Jessica really an item?” Soyeon asked.

“Yes, she asked me to be her girlfriend.” Taeyeon said.

“And you said yes?”

“Yeah, I love her so why shouldn’t I?”

Soyeon shook her head, a concerned expression was on her face and she turned to Taeyeon again.

“Taeyeon, you know her. I know her too. Jessica…Jessica’s bit strange. She has all kinds of crazy ideas. Are you sure she’s not using you for her own amusement?”

“Why would she?”

“Well…why would a twenty one year old girl name tomato plants? I tell you. She’s a bit…you know…weird. She doesn’t see the world like you and I do. Everything new to her is an adventure. She can’t be taking your relationship seriously. I’m sure she’s just trying to fulfill her curiosity, and when she’s done she’ll end it and you’ll be the one getting hurt.”

Taeyeon’s lips formed a hard line and she uncrossed her arms and put her hands inside her pockets. When she didn’t say anything Soyeon looked concerned.

“I’m just telling you to be careful, Tae. Jessica’s not like you, and I’m not sure she even asked you to be her girlfriend because of her feelings. There might be something else behind it.” Soyeon said and turned to the mirror.

Taeyeon stayed quiet and watched as Soyeon fixed her make-up. The girl’s words had filled her mind and the more she tried to not think about it, the more they clouded her mind and made her unable to think of something else.

When the girl was done she turned to Taeyeon with a smile. Taeyeon could only frown when she saw the smile, and having gathered her thoughts and feelings about what the girl had said she pushed herself off the sink she had been leaning against, and got ready to give the girl a piece of her mind.

“I’ve known Jessica since we were four years old, and ever since then has she been like she is now. During elementary school none of the kids could keep up with what Jessica was doing, and so they left her alone, and the same when we started middle school and high school. Almost no one wanted to be around her because of her reputation of being ‘weird’ had followed her ever since.

I was always by her side. People asked me why. People wanted me to be with them instead. They offered me, and only me while Jessica was right beside me, to hang out with them. I always declined. I didn’t want to be with anyone else but her. I know people thought I did it out of sympathy, and they thought I was so nice because I always hung out with the ‘weird’ kid.

But I’m not nice. In fact, I’m like anyone else. I hate when people say Jessica is weird. I hate when people ask me why I hang out with her. I hate people that judge her because she sees the world slightly differently, and it’s not because I feel sympathy for her, it’s because I love her. I love her just the way she is. I don’t care what she’s doing. She can name how many plants she wants for all I care. But heck, doing that is more interesting that listening to other people’s gossip about people they think are weird.

So don’t tell me what I deserve or what I should do. Don’t tell me that I shouldn’t be with the person I love. I’ve been by Jessica’s side since we were kids. And I’ll continue being that. And call me weird, but I love Jessica, no matter what ideas she has. At least she doesn’t judge people’s personality like some do.” Taeyeon said without taking a pause. She saw Soyeon stared at her speechlessly, hanging open in shock and surprise.

Having enough of this girl Taeyeon left the restroom to go back to the table. To her relief she saw Jessica and Tiffany seemed to still be in the middle of a conversation about something that seemed to interest the latter a lot as she couldn’t stop nodding and looking amazed to what Jessica was telling.

A smile graced Taeyeon’s lips and she put her hand on Jessica’s shoulder before taking a seat next to the girl. Her action made Jessica stop in her conversation with Tiffany and both girls turned to her. Taeyeon could only smile at both of them and turned to the girl that was slowly approaching the table. Taeyeon ignored her and turned to Jessica, leaned in closer and gave the girl a kiss before leaning back and looked at Soyeon that had a frown on her lips.

“So, what were you talking about?” Taeyeon asked and turned to Tiffany and Jessica.

“Jessi told me about this crazy sounding delicious cake she had found a receipt for on the internet.” Tiffany said.

“Really? What cake?” Taeyeon asked and looked at her girlfriend.

“Oh, you know that one I told you about the other day. The one with marshmallows.” Jessica said with a grin.

Taeyeon tried to remember what cake Jessica meant as it felt like the girl told her about ten different cakes every day. Feeling like she remembered which cake the girl was talking about Taeyeon nodded her head.

“Ah, that cake.” Taeyeon said and sipped her soda.

“Yeah, it sounds delicious right? We should totally make it someday.” Jessica said with a wide grin. “And add extra marshmallows. We’ll add so many marshmallows it’ll be a marshmallow volcano!”

Taeyeon smiled and glanced at Soyeon that sat opposite her. The girl was quiet and didn’t look very good. Taeyeon continued to smile and turned to Jessica beside her.

“We can do it at my house. My mom would love to have you baking there.” Taeyeon said.

“Yes, and we can invite Tiffany and Soyeon over to taste the cake afterwards, how does that sound?” Jessica said gleefully and looked at the two mentioned girls.

“Oh, yes, please! If you make that cake I have to try it!” Tiffany exclaimed. Jessica grinned by the girl’s excitement and turned to the girl beside Tiffany. Taeyeon and Tiffany did too, but the girl didn’t say anything and shrugged her shoulders.

“I don’t like cake very much.” Soyeon said and averted her gaze to the window. Tiffany and Jessica exchanged glances, and Taeyeon looked at the girl that had indirectly rejected them. She turned to Jessica and Tiffany that looked slightly disappointed.

“Well, not everyone likes cake.” Taeyeon said and hoped it could cheer the two girls up.

“Right, we can invite you over if we make something else you do like.” Jessica said with a smile.

“Mhm…yeah…sure.” Soyeon said and shrugged her shoulders. The girl focused on the glass in front of her instead. An awkward silence had settled over the table, and they were all relieved when the waiter arrived with their food and could strike up a conversation about that instead.

They all began eating their food. Even though Tiffany and Jessica had their mouths full of food the two girls didn’t stop talking. Tiffany told them about her trip to America and everything she had seen there. She also recommended places to Taeyeon and Jessica they should visit if they go on a trip together somewhere.

Jessica and Tiffany never stopped talking to each other, and once in a while Taeyeon joined their conversation even though she was satisfied with just listening to them. Soyeon was mostly quiet during the rest of the dinner, which Taeyeon was relieved by as she was afraid the girl would give some unnecessary comment about the affection Taeyeon and Jessica displayed to each other.

The last thing she needed was for someone to break the bubble of happiness Jessica lived in. If they wanted to point out how ‘weird’ Jessica was she would rather have them come to her and say it instead of going to Jessica. Because she believed that Jessica herself wasn’t quite aware of exactly how the rest of the world was seeing her.   


---


After they had eaten, and Tiffany and Jessica had made sure they had told each other about everything that had happened and what they had done during the summer the four girls decided to leave. While Soyeon was quick with excusing herself as she had something to take care of the three other girls continued to talk a bit more.

“We have to see each other again.” Tiffany said and turned to the two girls that walked next to her.

“We’ll! You’ll come to Taeyeon’s place when we bake that cake.” Jessica said and grinned.

“Yeah, but other than that. We have to see each other before and after that.” Tiffany said.

“I’m sure we’ll get time.” Jessica said and turned to Taeyeon that nodded her head.

“Yeah, you just have to stay in town so we can actually get a hold of you.” Taeyeon said.

Tiffany began laughing and lightly slapped Taeyeon’s shoulder.

“You’re just jealous I get to travel the world.”

“Uhm…I’m not that jealous actually.”

“But I am! I also want to travel the world! Taeyeon I want to travel the world with you!”

“I know, I know. And we said we would wish for a trip for our birthdays so we can go overseas together.”

“Yeah! I want to go to Europe, or America, or Australia, oh wait, Africa sounds nice to! Oh, I don’t know where I wanna go first!”

“I’ve been to all those places, they’re all really nice.” Tiffany said and grinned.

“Don’t tell her that. She might buy us a trip somewhere and I might be sitting on a plane tomorrow morning.”

“Oh, that’s actually a great idea!”

“Taeyeon, I think you just gave her the idea.”

“I wish I had been quiet…”

“But where is the cheapest place to go?”

“Okay! Hold on! Jessica, wait for the next summer. We’ll go on a trip next summer, alright? That way we’ll have enough time to save money and decide for a place to go, okay?

“But telling you which place is the cheapest won’t hurt, right?”

“No, it will hurt as this girl will actually find a trip we can afford and I don’t feel like going on a trip right now.”

“Okay, then I’ll just go on a trip with Tiffany.”

Taeyeon stopped in her tracks and turned to Jessica with a raised eyebrow.

“Or not.” Jessica quickly added when she saw her girlfriend’s expression. Pleased that Jessica understood her she continued to walk with the other girl with a small smile on her lips.

Tiffany laughed at the couple, and Jessica turned to the girl with pleased smile.

“You’re really cute together.” Tiffany said.

“Really?” Jessica asked happily.

“Yeah, I’m happy you ended up together. I actually couldn’t picture you with anyone else but each other.” Tiffany said.

“Maybe we’re fated to be together then.” Jessica said pleased and turned to Taeyeon.

“Yeah, who knows? Considering the fact that we’ve been stuck to each other for this long.”

“Yeah, and guys, I’ve always found that remarkable. You’re still friends even though you’re so different. You’re the complete opposite of each other.”

“Well, even polar opposites are drawn to each other.” Jessica said with a wide smile.

A small smile appeared on Taeyeon’s lips upon the words. The three girls continued to walk, Jessica and Tiffany continued to chat while Taeyeon mostly listened.

When they had reached the place they had to part ways the three girls stopped and turned towards each other.

“Thank you for tonight.” Tiffany said.

“No, thank you for inviting us.” Jessica said with a wide grin.

“Well, thank you for agreeing to coming then!” Tiffany said and lightly knocked Jessica’s head with her knuckles. A foolish grin appeared on Jessica’s lips upon the action and Tiffany just laughed at it.

“Well, see you around. I’m going to stay in town for the rest of the summer now, so just call or text if you wanna hang out. Also tell me if you’re making that cake, I have to taste it!” Tiffany said and started to walk away from the couple.

“Okay, don’t worry, we will tell you when we make it!” Jessica assured the girl. ”Bye Tiffany!” Jessica said and waved at the girl. Tiffany waved towards her as well before she turned around and jogged over the street before she resumed walking.

Jessica turned towards Taeyeon with a wide grin on her lips. Taeyeon tugged on the girl’s hand to make her walk so they would get home eventually.

“It was fun today.” Jessica said and beamed a wide smile at Taeyeon.

“Mhm.” Taeyeon said and nodded her head. Not fully agreeing as she had experienced something less fun that Jessica didn’t know about, but she could imagine Jessica had had fun catching up with their close high school friend.

“But it was a bit sad Soyeon was so quiet. I had wanted to know more about what she was doing now. Maybe she was shy.” Jessica said and looked at Taeyeon.

Taeyeon tried her best to not show that she actually knew why Soyeon had been so quiet, and she didn’t say anything, and just shrugged her shoulders.

“Maybe she was.” Taeyeon said.

“Yeah, hopefully we’ll meet her again. I’m sure she’s fun.” Jessica said and smiled.

Taeyeon remained quiet and focused her eyes on the street and tried to not think about Soyeon’s true character that Jessica didn’t seem to know about. And she was a bit relieved Jessica didn’t seem to know about it as she was sure Soyeon would be one of those people that could hurt Jessica if she got the chance to.

The couple continued to walk until they reached Taeyeon’s house which Taeyeon stopped in front. But Jessica didn’t stop and continued to walk which made Taeyeon look after the girl with a raised eyebrow.

“Where are you going?” Taeyeon asked as it didn’t seem like Jessica would stop to say goodbye or anything.

“My house. Where are you going?” Jessica said and turned around with a grin.

“My house. Aren’t you going to say goodbye?” Taeyeon asked and frowned.

“Nope,”

“Why not?”

“Because our night isn’t over yet.”

“Do you have something else planed?”

“No, but you left your clothes at my house. I thought you’d get them before you go home.”

“Wow Jessica…you’re so romantic.”   

“But they take up space.”

“Really? A pair of shorts and a t-shirt takes up soooo much space.”

“But my mom will end up washing them and then she will think they’re mine and put them in my closet and you’ll never get them back.”

“And you really do think I care about that?”

“Hey, think about all the cotton plants that got sacrificed for people to be able to make those clothes for you. You should feel thankful and treat your clothes better!”

“Then I’ll give that t-shirt and shorts to you.”

“Really? Why?”

“Because you treat them so well.”

“But it’s your clothes.”

“But now it’s yours. They are in your house, on your bed, so you’re the owner now.”

“Can you also sit on my bed then?”

“Huh, why?”

“So I can be the owner of you.” Jessica said with a grin.

Taeyeon frowned and shook her head at the girl’s statement.

“I’m not some animal. I’m my own owner.”

“But I want you.”

“You already have me. God damnit what more do you want?!”

Taeyeon watched as Jessica continued to grin. She only shook her head at the girl and turned around to walk to her house when she realized Jessica wouldn’t say anything.

“Then can I call you mine?”

Taeyeon stopped in her tracks and looked back at the girl that stood on the sidewalk outside of their houses. Jessica’s grin hadn’t left her lips but Taeyeon could tell the girl was serious.

“It sounds like you’re confessing to me again.” Taeyeon pointed out.

“Can I call you that?” Jessica asked again.

A sigh left Taeyeon’s lips and she changed direction to walk towards the girl.

“You can call me honey, darling, babe, sweetheart, cutie, love and whatever you want. Because I’m already yours, I’m not your animal to sell off when you get tired of, but I’m your girlfriend and I’ll get hurt if you think of me like some possession you can just get rid of later on. And if you want to call me yours then that’s fine, because that’s also the truth. So what more do you want?”  Taeyeon said and stopped right in front of Jessica. The girl had a big goofy grin on her lips as they looked at each other.

“I want to kiss you.” Jessica said.

“Well, I’ve been waiting for you to do it so go ahead!”

Jessica began laughing but soon calmed down to cup Taeyeon’s face and tenderly kiss the girl. The latter responded to the kiss and felt she got disappointed when Jessica stopped and pulled away.

“I’ll come over with your clothes tomorrow, after I’ve washed them.” Jessica said and gave a chaste kiss on Taeyeon’s lips.

“Do whatever. You can keep them at your place so I have a change of clothes there if I need it sometime. “

“But you can always borrow my clothes if you need to.”

“Like I said do whatever you want. Keep them at your place if you want or bring them over to me. It’s not like you have to drive one hour to get to my house.”

“True.” Jessica said and grinned. She pecked Taeyeon’s lips one last time before she distanced herself from the girl.

“Good night, see you tomorrow.” Jessica said as she began walking backwards towards her house.

“Yeah, good night. See you tomorrow.” Taeyeon said and waved off the girl before she began walking towards her house. When she had reached her front door she noticed Jessica was still standing outside hers. She turned towards the girl that was waving her way.

“And Taeyeon, I love you.” Jessica said loud enough for their other neighbors to hear.

Taeyeon shook her head with a blush on her cheeks.

“I love you too Jessica. Go inside now.” Taeyeon told the girl.

“No, you go in first.” Jessica urged the girl.

Taeyeon once again shook her head and let her hand grab the doorknob to her house.

“Good night, Jessica.”

“Good night, Taeyeon.”

Taeyeon went inside her house but didn’t close the front door until she heard Jessica had gotten inside. With a pleased smile she closed the door and locked it before she made her way to her room.