Exercise

Without you it's not the same

A hand was brought towards the cup that stood beside the piece of paper on the desk. She took a sip from it before she resumed writing on the paper on the desk. She nodded as she saw the words, her eyebrows furrowed and she grabbed an eraser to change a few things before she wrote down something again and stopped.

She brought up the cup towards her lips again. Taking a sip, a smile forming on her lips as she placed down the cup on her desk again. She nodded, finished what was in the cup and stood up and went over to her wardrobe where she tried to find the things she needed.


---


A weight being added on the bed made the girl stir in her sleep. She slowly opened one of her eyes and caught the sight of a grinning girl lying beside her. Her eye closed again and she let out a tired groan.

“What do you want, Jessica?” Taeyeon asked groggily.

“I want you to wake up.” The girl beside Taeyeon answered.

Taeyeon let out another sigh and opened one eye and glanced at the digital clock on her bedside table. Seeing the red numbers that told her it was 07:03am she closed her eye again.

“It’s 7am for God’s sake.” Taeyeon said and her side.

“I know. It’s the point.” Jessica said and placed one hand on Taeyeon’s shoulder and pulled on the girl to make Taeyeon face her again. The newly awoken girl let out another groan and she opened both eyes.

“Come back in three hours and I’ll be awake.” Taeyeon mumbled and closed her eyes again.

“No, we need to do this now!” Jessica said and began shaking the girl to not let her go back to sleep.

“Okay!” Taeyeon yelled when she had enough of being shaken by the girl. Jessica stopped and a grin plastered itself on her lips. Taeyeon rolled her eyes by the sight and moved to sit up on the bed.

“What is it that we’re going to do?” Taeyeon asked.

“Jogging.”

Silence engulfed them. Taeyeon stared at Jessica, waiting for the girl to say it was a joke. When nothing came Taeyeon looked at Jessica’s attire. The girl looked ready to go for a run. Realizing Jessica wasn’t joking Taeyeon let out a groan and lied back down in bed.

“I don’t exercise.” Taeyeon stated.

“I know, but it’s never too late to start.” Jessica said and got up from Taeyeon’s bed and grabbed the other girl’s arm and began dragging her.

“But this is too early!” Taeyeon protested before she found herself lying on the floor beside her bed. She sent a glare to the girl that had dragged her out of the bed, only to be met with a smiling face.

“C’mon, Taengoo, it will be fun!” Jessica said.

“No,”

“Please.”

“No,”

“Pretty please?”

“Over my dead body.”

“Please, please, please. I’m you best friend in the whole wide world. You wouldn’t let me down, would you?”

“Call Yuri.”

“But I wanna do it with you!” Jessica whined and stomped her feet on the floor.

She looked at the girl sitting on the floor, Taeyeon looked at her with a raised eyebrow and her arms crossed over her chest. The pout on Jessica’s lips disappeared and was replaced with a smile.

“Please?”

“Why do we have to do it at 7 in the morning?” Taeyeon asked.

“Because,”

“Why?”

“I was bored.”

It got silent in the room again and the two girls stared at each other for a few seconds. A sigh escaped Taeyeon’s lips and she broke the eye contact she had with Jessica and instead grabbed the girl’s hand and dragged her down in bed with her and draped one arm over Jessica’s body to try to keep the girl in place.

“Sleep if you’re bored.” Taeyeon mumbled.

“No. I can’t sleep. I’ve already tried.” Jessica said and tried to squirm her way out of Taeyeon’s embrace.

“Why? Have you been drinking coffee?”

“Just five cups…”

“Sica!”

Taeyeon let go of the girl that quickly jumped out of her bed with a grin plastered on her face. Taeyeon could only groan by the sight and buried her face into her pillow.

“It’s no wonder you can’t sleep if you’ve drank that much coffee!” Taeyeon mumbled into her pillow.

“Yeah, I know. But I want to get energized so I could go out jogging.” Jessica said without the grin dropping from her lips.

“But why at 7 in the morning?!” Taeyeon sat up from her bed and glared at the girl that was all hyper and alerted from the caffeine she had consumed.

“Because if we do it now we’ll have time to do other things during the day.” Jessica explained with a smile. Taeyeon just groaned and buried her face into the pillow.

“I don’t want to jog this early in the morning.”

“But it’s good for you. I promise.” Jessica said and started to pull on Taeyeon’s leg.

“If you didn’t know this already but I don’t really care what’s good for me.” Taeyeon said and held on to her mattress so Jessica wouldn’t be able to pull her out of bed.

“I know, and you’ll probably die early and I don’t want that.” Jessica said and yanked Taeyeon’s leg which made the girl let go of her grip and fall out of bed.

Taeyeon let out a sigh when she found herself on the floor again. She looked up at Jessica that was still grinning from ear to ear, the sight made her let out another sigh and she lied down on the floor.

“Fine. I’ll go on a jog with you. But we’re both coming back here to sleep afterwards.” Taeyeon finally agreed to Jessica’s idea.

“Yes! Thank you!” Jessica said happily and made her way to Taeyeon’s closet to find something for the girl to wear. Taeyeon sat up on the floor and watched as Jessica rummaged through her clothes and finally found a pair of sweatpants, a tank-top and a pair of shoes that would be suitable for jogging.


---


Taeyeon felt as her eyelids could close any minute, and she could just lie down on the concrete ground and sleep. She was so tired, and she felt like she was about to die because she was so out of shape and her stamina was really bad.

However, she was a bit thankful that it was in the morning and not many people were out. Except for the people that were out walking their dogs, or walking to their jobs in the early morning. Taeyeon saw the girl that was jogging in front of her greet passersby with a bright “Good morning!” and what amazed Taeyeon was that Jessica didn’t sound out of breath, and the girl seemed to have a splendid good stamina as she was jogging without effort.

She soon stopped jogging to catch up her breath a bit. It felt like her heart would burst through her ribcage, and whatever she ate for dinner last night would probably come up as well. She inhaled, and exhaled and looked at Jessica that was jogging around her in a circle.

“How do you have so much energy?” Taeyeon panted.

“Caffeine.” Jessica replied and grinned.

“Where did you get your good stamina?” Taeyeon asked and watched as Jessica dashed towards a lamppost and dashed back to her, still with a grin on her lips.

“I don’t know. By exercising I guess?” Jessica said.

Taeyeon sighed and shook her head before she began jogging again. Jessica jogged in front of her and turned around and began jogging backwards to check up on the girl behind her.

“You know what we should do?” Jessica asked as she watched Taeyeon jog in a slow pace.

“Go home to sleep?” Taeyeon asked hopefully.

“No, we should do this every morning.” Jessica said with a wide grin on her lips.

Taeyeon slowed down even more in her pace until she came to a complete halt. She looked at Jessica like she was stupid and began to shake her head.

“No. Over my dead body that I do this every day. Never in my life. Kim Taeyeon doesn’t exercise.” Taeyeon said and began walking instead.

“Boo…why not?” Jessica asked disappointed and began to walk by Taeyeon’s side instead.

“Because it requires effort and I’m putting enough effort into getting out of bed every morning.” Taeyeon sighed.

Jessica began to grin and she put her arm around the girl next to her.

“But I can help you get out of bed.” Jessica suggested.

“You’re already doing it though.”

“Then I don’t know what you’re using your effort for…”

“To not fall asleep on you.”

Jessica began to smile and she ruffled Taeyeon’s hair before she began jogging again. She turned towards the other girl and motioned for her to get going to. Reluctantly Taeyeon began jogging as well which pleased the girl.

“You’re so cute sometimes, Taeyeon. Did you know?” Jessica said as she was jogging in front of the girl. She looked back at the girl behind her that looked ready to doze off.

“Yeah, I know.” Taeyeon replied.

Pleased with the answer Jessica began to grin. She slowed down to let Taeyeon jog past her before she began jogging again right behind the girl while pushing the girl forward.

“And we speed up to so we will get around this place before tomorrow.” Jessica said and laughed.

“Yah! Slow down or I’ll trip over my feet!”

Jessica continued to laugh and slowed down. She stopped pushing Taeyeon and proceeded to drag Taeyeon instead. With Taeyeon’s hand in hers she began jogging and looked back at the girl with a wide smile. Taeyeon only shook her head by the sight, but Jessica ignored it and made sure they would jog all the way until they had finally gotten home again.


---

With a glass of orange juice and a bowl of cereals and milk the girl made her way from the kitchen to the living room. Her parents were out for work and she figured her sister must be over at the neighbor’s house, and so she had the house for herself this morning.

She entered the living room, placing the bowl and glass on the coffee table and picked up the remote control and the TV. She zapped through the channels until she found something that appealed to her taste. When she turned around to take a seat on the couch she startled jumped back when she noticed it was already occupied.

Krystal blinked surprised and kept her hand over her fast beating heart as she had gotten startled by seeing the two girls that were lying on the couch. She took a closer look and could see they both seemed to be in deep slumber.

Her eyes continued to observe her older sister’s form that was lying on the couch with Taeyeon on top of her. She took notice of their attire which made her an eyebrow as it seemed like they had been exercising this morning.

Realizing it must be because of that the two girls had passed out on the couch Krystal shook her head and took a seat in the arm chair instead with her bowl of cereal in hand. She glanced at the two sleeping girls and shook her head once again before she turned to the TV.

“Poor Taeyeon-unnie.” Krystal mumbled to herself as she knew from experience that Taeyeon must have been dragged out this morning by her sister to put the girl’s ideas into action.


---


Hearing voices the sleeping girl stirred in her sleep and slowly opened her eyes. Something heavy was lying on top of her and she squinted her eyes and made out a head resting on her chest. When she finally could have made out who the person was a smile appeared on her lips and she began looking around the living room, her eyes first landed on the TV, and then on the girl that was seated on the arm chair. A wide smile appeared on her lips upon seeing the younger girl.

“Krystal.” Jessica whispered to not wake up the girl that was sleeping. Krystal turned away from the TV and Jessica grinned pleased. She pointed at her wrist to ask for the time and the younger girl looked down on the cellphone she had with her.

“9.30.” Krystal said.

Jessica nodded her head and showed a thumb up towards the girl. She looked back at the sleeping Taeyeon, a smile appeared on her lips, and she shifted some in her position, placed one hand on Taeyeon’s back and closed her eyes.

Krystal watched as her older sister went back to sleep. She smiled upon the sight and turned back to the TV, lowering the volume to not wake any of the sleeping girls up again.