Strawberries

Without you it's not the same

She watched the words that was forming on the paper as she let her hand with the pen in it move one it. A pleased smile was on her lips as she moved away the pen from the paper and read what she had written.

She nodded satisfied and placed the piece of paper under her laptop and stood up from her seat and made her way to the door, only to stop as she had forgotten to bring something.

Her eyes landed on the item that was lying on her bed which she happily skipped towards and grabbed it before once again making her way to the door to go out.


---


She slowly opened the door to the bedroom which was located on the second floor in the house. Her lips formed a smile when her eyes landed on the figure that was lying on the bed in the room. She quietly made her way inside and went up to the bed, her smile widening as she got closer.

She crouched next to the bed with the sleeping girl on. She slowly leaned closer and closer to the girl until she felt the girl’s breath brushing against her face. Her smile widened and she closed her eyes before planting a kiss on the girl’s lips.

Jessica pulled away from the kiss when she felt Taeyeon move. Seeing Taeyeon slowly opened her eyes she pecked Taeyeon’s lips quickly, seeing Taeyeon didn’t do or say anything she did it again and again until she felt Taeyeon placing a hand over to stop her.

“What are you doing?” Taeyeon asked tiredly.

“Good morning.” Jessica said and smiled against Taeyeon’s palm. Taeyeon only sighed and moved away her hand from Jessica’s mouth and saw the smile on the girl’s lips which only made her sigh again.

“You sigh awfully much for someone who just has been woken up by their girlfriend.”

“I always sigh.”

“Yeah. But why? Do you have too much air in your lunges?”

“No, I’m hoping that if I exhale enough all the annoying things in my life will blow away.”

“Is it working?”

“No, it seems the annoying things are stuck to me with glue.”

“Oh, that’s tragic.”

“I manage. I’ve gotten used to it.” Taeyeon looked at Jessica that was smiling at her, she felt the corners of also started to pull upwards and she had to look away to not show she was enjoying having Jessica here in the morning asking questions about why she sigh.

“Why are you here?” Taeyeon asked instead and looked at Jessica when she felt she could keep her expression in check.

“Oh, right. We have to go to the market!” Jessica said and raised up from her spot beside Taeyeon’s bed.

“At this time?” Taeyeon asked and watched as Jessica made her way towards her closet.

“Yes, otherwise they might run out.” Jessica said and began picking out clothes for the girl still in bed.

“Run out of what?”

“Strawberries.”

“Strawberries?”

“Yes, I’m craving strawberries.” Jessica said and threw the clothes she had found at Taeyeon’s bed. She beamed a smile at the girl and made her way towards Taeyeon that still didn’t seem to want to get up just yet.

“So you’re going to go to the market to get strawberries at nine in the morning?” Taeyeon said and let herself being dragged out of bed.

“Yeah, I can’t let the old grannies and grandpas beat me to it. I want strawberries too.” Jessica said and smiled when Taeyeon was standing in front of her. She proceeded to help the girl out of her pajama but Taeyeon stopped her.

“What are you doing?” Taeyeon asked and felt her cheeks flush red.

“Undressing you so you can get dressed.” Jessica stated and tried to pull up Taeyeon’s shirt again.

“I can undress by myself. Besides, I’m not comfortable enough having you undress me.”

Taeyeon said and pushed Jessica’s hands away.

“Why not? I’m your girlfriend.” Jessica said with a pout.

“So you would let me undress you?” Taeyeon asked with a raised eyebrow.

“Yes.” Jessica answered without doubt.

“Why am I not surprised?” Taeyeon asked and turned towards the clothes she was supposed to put on. She looked back at Jessica and noticed the girl was still looking at her.

“Uhm…can you not watch while I’m changing?”

“Am I not allowed to do that either?” Jessica asked disappointed.

“Fine! Watch! But it’s nothing to see, just so you know.” Taeyeon exclaimed defeated.

“Let me judge that.” Jessica said with a satisfied smile on her lips. She went to Taeyeon’s desk and took a seat on the desk chair and turned towards the girl that was going to change.

Taeyeon looked at the girl that sat by her desk. She rolled her eyes when she noticed Jessica really was going to watch her. She proceeded to undress and not bother about the observing eyes.

“You do know that if you want to watch girls undress you can just go to a public bath.” Taeyeon said.

“But that’s not fun.”

“Why?”

“Because none of them are the girlfriend that I love so much.”

Taeyeon felt herself blush by Jessica’s statement and she was thankful she currently had her back facing the girl. She proceeded to focus on putting on the shorts Jessica had chosen for her to wear and not bother about the fluttering feeling that lingered after Jessica’s words.


---


After Taeyeon had gotten dressed the two girls began their journey towards the market so Jessica could get the strawberries she wanted. On their way there they bumped into one of their neighrbors who was walking his dog. He greeted the two girls that greeted him back, Jessica more enthusiastic that Taeyeon as the latter was still half asleep.

“I heard you two are together now.” The man said.

“We are!” Jessica exclaimed happily.

“That’s nice. I support you.” He said and smiled.

“Thank you!” Jessica said and smiled widely. Taeyeon too smiled at the man and the two bowed towards him before they continued to walk.

On their way Jessica stopped them to greet two trees, which Taeyeon found not that strange as it was a daily thing for her since she and Jessica had started walking to school together when they were seven and their parents thought they were old enough to walk alone.

However, this caused the two girls to always be late as the parents hadn’t taken into consideration how many trees there actually were on the way to the girls’ school. They eventually had taken turns to drive the girls to school until they were thirteen and Jessica dragged Taeyeon to school super early to be able to greet all trees on the way.

They finally arrived at the market and Jessica was quick with finding her way to the strawberries. With eyes glowing of happiness the girl grabbed a plastic bag and proceeded to fill it with strawberries, trying to get the best ones before the old ladies did, and almost ending up in arguments with them.

Taeyeon could only watch by the side as her girlfriend filled the bag with strawberries, and when she finally was done she paid for it and they could return home. Jessica holding Taeyeon’s hand and happily swinging her bag of strawberries back and forth in the other.

“Straaaaaaaawberrieeeeeeeees!” Jessica shouted on her way home. She stopped and turned to Taeyeon with a smile.

“Is your mom home?”

“Yeah, I think she is, why?” Taeyeon said and began walking again as Jessica pulled on her hand.

“I’m gonna treat her to strawberries.”

“Why?”

“Because she’s nice.”

“But she’s always nice to you.”

“Yes, but she gave me her daughter.”

“…I’m not some possession people can just give away. And I don’t remember my mom giving me to you.”

“But she’s not disapproving of our relationship.”

“Yeah, but it’s like saying your mom and dad gave you to me because they aren’t disapproving of our relationship.”

“Hmm…that’s true. Gosh, Taeyeon, why didn’t you buy anything for my parents to give to them as a sign of appreciation? Where are your manners?”

“I’m sorry; I didn’t know we were that formal to each other. Also, I didn’t know strawberries could be considered as a gift.”

“Anything could be considered a gift.”

“I’ll ask my mom to bake that cake your parents love and bring it over as a gift.”

“But that’s not something from you personally.”

“Okay, I’ll cut off a bit of my hair and give it to them.”

“That’s creepy. But hey, could you do that for my birthday?”

“You just said it was creepy!”

Taeyeon saw a pout forming on Jessica’s lips which made her sigh and shake her head.

“I’ll see what I can do. I’ll just not cut my hair until your birthday.” Taeyeon sighed.

“Yay!” Jessica shared cheerfully and side hugged Taeyeon that only could sigh upon her girlfriend’s reaction.

“I don’t even know who asks their girlfriend for some hair for a birthday present.”

“I do.”

“What are you even going to do with my hair?”

“I’m going to put it in a frame and hang it up on my wall.” Jessica said with a grin.

“I wish I didn’t ask.”


---


The two girls finally arrived at Taeyeon’s house and entered the kitchen where they found the woman who Jessica had said she would treat to strawberries. With a wide smile Jessica went up to the kitchen counter with Taeyeon trailing behind.

“Hi!” Jessica said to announce her arrival.

“Ah, welcome back girls.” Taeyeon’s mother said with a smile.

“I bought strawberries!” Jessica stated proudly.

“Oh, really? They look delicious.” Taeyeon’s mother said after she had looked at the strawberries Jessica had bought.

“Here, taste one.” Jessica said and picked up one for Taeyeon’s mother to eat. Taeyeon watched Jessica feed one of the strawberries to her mother and a frown instantly appeared on her lips.

“My mom has her own hands to eat with you know.” Taeyeon pointed out.

Jessica turned to the other girl, a smile gracing her lips when she saw Taeyeon’s expression and she picked up another strawberry and offered to feed Taeyeon with it.

“Oh, don’t be jealous. Here, have a strawberry.” Jessica cooed.

“Who’s jealou–“

Taeyeon didn’t get to finish her sentence as Jessica had put the strawberry in . She slowly chewed on the berry while Jessica smiled proudly and turned to Taeyeon’s mother who was watching them with a smile.

“You two are so cute.” Taeyeon’s mother said and took another one of the berries before turning back to what she had been doing before the two girls had arrived. Jessica smiled pleased and ate a strawberry before turning to Taeyeon that had finished chewing on hers.

Jessica smiled at the girl that still had a frown on her lips and leaned closer to her to plant a small kiss on the lips before leaning back and tried to feed Taeyeon with another strawberry.

“I’m not jealous.” Taeyeon said and ate the strawberry Jessica was holding out towards her. The girl only smiled and nodded her head.

“But if you were it would be okay.” Jessica said and tilted her head to the left. Taeyeon raised an eyebrow and watched as Jessica ate another strawberry. “Because if you were jealous I’d try to make it up to you to prove there’s nothing to be jealous of.”

Taeyeon nodded her head and ate another strawberry Jessica offered her. After she had finished chewing on it and swallowed it she looked at the girl that still smiled widely at her.

“I would like that.” Taeyeon admitted.

“Yeah, so it’s not bad. So are you jealous?”

“A bit…” Taeyeon admitted and looked away.

Jessica smiled pleased and leaned closer to Taeyeon, placing her finger under the girl’s chin and made the girl face her. She continued to smile as she stared into the girl’s brown orbs. She leaned a bit closer and soon she had kissed Taeyeon’s lips and pulled away to see the girl smiling.

The sight made Jessica’s smile widened and the two girls continued to smile and eat strawberries while chatting with Taeyeon’s mother who was busy preparing curry chicken. Soon Taeyeon’s father joined them in the kitchen, and when Jessica tried to feed the man one of her strawberries Taeyeon grabbed her wrist and ate the strawberry herself, not letting her father be fed by her girlfriend. 

Her action earned her something her parents for the rest of the evening. But Taeyeon ignored it as Jessica tried to make up for it by feeding her and giving her kisses now and then, that also distracted the girl from feeding anyone else of her family members, which had been Taeyeon’s purpose.