Halloween

Without you it's not the same

Eyebrows furrowed as she looked down on the costume she was wearing. Her head tilted to the side and she let her hands stretch out the fabric of the costume. She was suddenly questioning her motives for going with her own idea. She had wished she had gone with her fiancée’s idea, but no, she just had to come up with something on her own.

A sigh left her lips and she looked up from her costume at the mirror reflection in front of her. She let her hands cup her cheeks as she stared at herself. All that were left was getting her face painted and she was done.

A knock on the door made her turn away from the mirror. She slowly made her way to the door, which was constantly knocked at, the action making her able to know who it was before she even had opened the door.

She opened the door, seeing the black haired girl she had expected on the other side didn’t make her the least surprised and she just stepped to the side to let the girl that was bouncing up and down in excitement enter her dorm.

“Face painting time!” Tiffany said as she entered Taeyeon’s dorm and turned towards the girl that closed the door. “Jessi said she would come over here once she had fixed her costume, she told me you needed help painting your face so I brought my own make – “ Tiffany trailed off as she turned to Taeyeon. Her eyes widened and she looked up and down at the girl that was standing in front of her.

“Taeyeon you’re dressed as a tomato.” Tiffany said. A frown appeared on Taeyeon’s lips and she looked away from the other female.

“I wasn’t originally going for the tomato idea…but it just happened.” Taeyeon mumbled and blushed.

A face splitting grin appeared on Tiffany’s lips and she walked closer to the costume to check on it.

“Have you made it yourself?”

“Yeah…”

“Does Jessi know?”

“No…”

“Oh my God! She’s going to love this!” Tiffany said and stepped back from Taeyeon.

“You think?”

“Duh, you’re dressed as a tomato. Don’t you know your future wife?”

A small smile appeared on Taeyeon’s lips and she looked down on her costume again. Jessica would most likely love this.

A knock on the door was heard which made Taeyeon and Tiffany turn towards the door. Before anyone of them could open it the person that had knocked entered.

A brunette with bunny ears entered with a big grin on her lips. She closed the door before turning to the two females in the room. Her grin slowly faded as her eyes landed on Taeyeon. The latter looked worriedly back at her.

“H-hi…” Taeyeon greeted Jessica that still hadn’t said anything.

“OH MY GOD YOU’RE DRESSED AS A TOMATO!” Jessica exclaimed and jumped at Taeyeon and almost made both of them fall over.

Tiffany laughed at the couple when she continued watched Jessica squeezing all air out of Taeyeon’s lunges. It looked like Taeyeon would turn blue any minute if Jessica continued to hug her that hard.

Jessica finally pulled away from the hug to take a better look at Taeyeon. She grinned and looked at the girl that had started to blush.

“Aha!” Jessica said and pointed at Taeyeon’s face. The girl looked confused and started at the other girl.

“What?” Taeyeon asked and looked from Jessica’s finger to Jessica’s face.

“I told you that Jess’ babies looked like you! Just look at you! You look like a tomato!” Jessica exclaimed.

Taeyeon frowned as she hadn’t expected that to be said. “I’m dressed as a tomato, of course I’d look like a tomato then!”

“No, no. I didn’t mean that. I meant your cheeks.” Jessica said and let her finger move closer to Taeyeon until it was poking Taeyeon’s cheek. “The tomatoes that grew on Jess had the exact same color as your cheeks when you blush.”

“Oh…” Taeyeon placed her hands over her blushing cheeks when she finally realized what Jessica had meant with her looking like their tomatoes. “The tomatoes are the same color as me…”

“Yes, and they’re cute. Just like you.” Jessica said and grinned.

“If you continue saying things like that I won’t need my face to be painted red.” Taeyeon said and frowned.

Jessica continued to grin and turned to Tiffany that was smiling at them. She turned back to Taeyeon, grabbing the girl’s hand before guiding her to the girl’s bed where she made her sit down. She turned around towards Tiffany that made her way towards the couple with the face paint.

“Now, let’s paint this cute face of yours!” Jessica said and turned to Taeyeon with a grin. Her words only made Taeyeon blush even more and Tiffany started to laugh by the couple’s interaction.

“Taeyeon’s right. She won’t need any face paint if you continue to make her blush.” Tiffany said.

“But her blush can disappear. That means I’ll have to continue saying this that make her blush all the time.” Jessica said and turned to Taeyeon.

“Is that a problem for you?” Tiffany asked and looked at Jessica.

“Not really.”

“It’s huge problem!”

Tiffany and Jessica turned to Taeyeon that was pouting. She pointed at the make-up Tiffany had brought and looked at Jessica.

“Paint my face. Now. You’re not going to say things that will make me blush.” Taeyeon said and crossed her arms.

“Why not?”

“Because you’ll have to be by my side all the time then.”

“I thought that I always was that anyway?”

“Do you think you’ll have time to stick by my side all the time once we go to the party?”

“Last time I left your side when we went to a party together, you got so drunk that two guys almost took advantage of you.”

Taeyeon’s face paled as she had no memory of that happening. But Jessica looked calm but a bit worried when the blush on Taeyeon’s cheeks had disappeared so quickly.

“You never told me that.” Taeyeon said and looked wide eyed at Jessica.

“Nothing happened. And I managed to get you away from then so I thought it was no big deal.” Jessica said and shrugged her shoulders.

“You’re never leaving my side when we go to a party, understand?” Taeyeon said and grabbed Jessica’s hand.

Jessica grinned and nodded her head. “I never intended to do it in the first place.” Jessica said and turned to Tiffany. “Let’s get out faces painted. I need a bunny look.”

Taeyeon looked at the bunny ears Jessica was wearing, before her eyes lowered to Jessica’s normal clothes she was wearing. The girl hadn’t changed into her costume yet, and I made Taeyeon frown.

“I hope you’re not going for the playboy bunny look…” Taeyeon said and looked at Jessica. Jessica got the hint by Taeyeon’s tone and smiled reassuringly at the other girl.

“Don’t worry. That look is only for the bedr– “

“Okay! Fany, who are you painting first?” Taeyeon covered Jessica’s mouth before the girl sputtered out more embarrassing thing and turned her focus to Tiffany instead.

Tiffany just laughed at the couple before she said she would start with painting Taeyeon’s face and continued on with Jessica’s.


---


A bunny, a tomato and a witch entered the party where all kinds of different creatures where. People were dressed as vampires, werewolves, witches, pirates, nurses, and someone was even dressed as the Statue of Liberty.

The newly arrived girls looked around the place in hope of finding the host of this party. Not seeing the host anywhere near they turned to each other.

“Now what?” Taeyeon asked.

“Let’s enjoy this party! Woho!” Tiffany said and sprinted into the crowd of people. Taeyeon and Jessica just looked after the girl that had left them before they turned to each other.

“So what are we going to do?” Taeyeon asked the girl dressed as a bunny.

“We could get us something to drink as a start.” Jessica said and grabbed Taeyeon’s hand to lead her to the table with drinks. She didn’t come that far as Taeyeon tugged Jessica back to stop her.

“I don’t want to drink.” Taeyeon said and looked at the other girl.

“Oh, don’t worry. I’m sure they have something without alcohol here.” Jessica assured.

“No. I don’t want to drink anything at all.” Taeyeon said and shook her head.

“Why not?”

Taeyeon looked around like she was afraid someone would overhear their conversation before she turned back to Jessica.

“It’s a hassle taking off and on this costume…” Taeyeon said and slumped her shoulders.

A grin appeared on Jessica’s lips and she tugged on Taeyeon’s hand to make her walk.

“Don’t worry. I’ll help you with it.”

“But I – “

“Don’t worry. And don’t be embarrassed. Even if you’re not wearing anything under that it’s not going to be my first time seeing your cute , is it?”

Taeyeon stared wide eyed and with agape at Jessica. She was pretty sure that her cheeks had turned the same color her face was painted in right now.

“Who has a cute ?”

The two girls spun around upon hearing the voice. A smile appeared on Jessica’s lips when her eyes finally landed on the host, and Taeyeon just looked embarrassed away as she knew Jessica would probably answer that question.

“Taeyeon has.” Jessica said and grinned.

“Ah, really?” Hyoyeon who was dressed as a pirate said and glanced at Taeyeon. “Well, you can’t really see her in that costume.”

“Hyo…did you just check out my fiancée’s ?”

“Nope. I just made sure no one else would be able to check it out.” Hyoyeon said and smiled.

A grin appeared on Jessica’s lips and she turned to Taeyeon that didn’t look the least happy over them having her as a conversation topic.

“Didn’t Fany come with you?” Hyoyeon asked as she noticed someone she was expecting was missing.

“Ah, she did. But she ran off somewhere. It won’t be hard finding her. She’s dressed as a pink witch.” Jessica said and looked at all the people in the room.

“Ah, she will stand out then.” Hyoyeon said and turned around. She noticed a few people waving at her and she smiled and waved back at them before turning back to the couple.

“I’m gonna go around and greet some more people. If you need something just find me. You have drinks over there, and snacks and candy is over there. If Tiffany is wearing a pink witch hat I think I see her over there. Anyway, see you around.” Hyoyeon said and smiled at the couple before she went up to the girls that had waved her over.

Taeyeon and Jessica turned to each other. Not minding that Hyoyeon had left them and they began looking for something to drink that they would like.

“You sure you’re not going to drink?” Jessica asked and turned to Taeyeon that nodded her head. “But it will get hot in that costume.” Jessica said and looked at Taeyeon’s face.

“I thought being worried and concerned was my part in this relationship.” Taeyeon said with a smile.

“No. Both of us should be concerned about each other.” Jessica said and poured herself a glass of coke and turned to Taeyeon. “You don’t have to drink much.” Jessica said and held out the glass towards the girl that backed away.

“No thank you.” Taeyeon said and pushed Jessica’s hand towards her instead.

“I insist.”

“I insist that you drink it.”

“But I don’t want my fiancée to get dehydrated.”

“Your fiancée will make sure she doesn’t get dehydrated.”

“But I want to help my fiancée to– “Jessica felt someone push her from behind. Both she and Taeyeon turned to the guy that had appeared beside them. Jessica’s eyes widened in surprise upon seeing the guy and she turned to Taeyeon that looked equally as surprised.

“Taeyeon, let’s find Fany and Hyoyeon.” Jessica whispered to Taeyeon and dragged the girl with her before she had opened and said something.

“He pushed you.” Taeyeon whispered.

“I’m not hurt.” Jessica assured. “But I can’t say no one will get hurt.” Jessica said and looked around, hoping to either locate her pink witch friend or her pirate friend.

Locating Tiffany was easy. A pink witch among the other witches at the party was easy to see. Jessica dragged Taeyeon with her to where Tiffany was currently busy talking to a girl dressed as a nurse, Jessica recognized as the girl living in the dorm next to hers.

“Fany!” Jessica said when they had reached the girl. She placed one arm around the girl’s shoulders and smiled at Tiffany that smiled back at her. While Jessica kept Tiffany busy Taeyeon looked around to make sure Tiffany’s ex wasn’t close by.

“Have you seen Hyoyeon?” Jessica asked.

“I saw her with some werewolf. Oh, you have a drink!” Tiffany exclaimed upon seeing the glass in Jessica’s hand.  “I also want one. Where did you find it?” Tiffany said and turned towards Jessica that looked over at Taeyeon.

“Taeyeon will fix one for you. What do you want?” Jessica said and motioned for Taeyeon to get closer to hear what Tiffany wanted.

“What? No. I can get one myself.” Tiffany assured with a smile.

“But Taeyeon was on the way to get something for herself to drink, right?” Jessica said and looked at Taeyeon that nodded her head.

“Oh…okay. Well, if you find any rum over there I want a rum and cola.” Tiffany said and smiled. Taeyeon nodded her head and glanced at Jessica that leaned closer to her ear.

“If he’s still there don’t talk to him. And if you find Hyoyeon, tell her about his presence.” Jessica whispered. Taeyeon nodded her head and made her way to where the drinks were. To her disappointment the guy was still there.

She tried to ignore him and focus on fixing the drink Tiffany wanted. She heard a snort like laugh beside her, and she tried her best to ignore who it came from.

“A tomato? Seriously?” Taeyeon heard Taecyeon say.

Taeyeon bit her lower lip, desperately trying to find a bottle with rum in to distract her from the guy.

“You look like a kindergarten kid in that costume. Maybe your girlfriend likes that?”

Taeyeon finally found the bottle she needed, and just when she was going to grab it the guy beat her to it. With a glare she turned to the guy that was now holding the bottle out of her reach.

“Aren’t you a bit too young to drink?” Taecyeon asked and tilted his head.

Taeyeon looked at the bottle in his hand. Jessica had told her to not talk to him, but she hadn’t told her what to do if he was keeping her from fixing the drink Tiffany had wanted. She released her lip she had been biting all along until now and continued to glare at the guy.

“Has the cat gotten your tongue?” Taecyeon said when Taeyeon remained mum.

Taeyeon finally turned away from the guy. She looked around the table, hoping to find another bottle with rum, or just get a creative spurt in the middle of this and come up with an excuse to Tiffany as to why she couldn’t fix the drink for her.

“Hey, did you know that Tiffany told me to stay away from you and her other friends, or otherwise she would punch me?” Taecyeon whispered close to Taeyeon’s ear. She jumped to the side, trying to get away from him.

She heard him laugh at her reaction. She tried to ignore it and just decided that Tiffany would have to deal with drinking coke without any rum in as the girl’s ex didn’t seem to want to let go of the bottle. She quickly poured two glasses of coke and turned to leave.

She felt her shin bump into something, her eyes widened as she felt the floor getting closer to her and before she could react she was lying on the floor, coke spilled everywhere, her costume soaked and her hands cut from the glass pieces from the glasses she had been holding.

Laughter came from behind her. And she noticed she had earned the attention of some other people as well. She bit her lower lip, trying to hold back the tears that welled in her eyes. She looked down on her bleeding hands as she lied on the floor, trying to ignore the mumbling that surrounded her.

“How much have you drunk Taeyeon?” Taeyeon heard Taecyeon ask from behind her. “You can barely stand on your own two legs.”

“Oh my God! Taeyeon!” Taeyeon looked up with tear-filled eyes towards the person that called her name. Before she knew it two people had helped her up on her feet, her legs was shaking and she looked pleadingly at Sooyoung and the girl she recognized as the other girl living next to Jessica.

“Are you okay? Oh my God, you’re bleeding!” Sooyoung exclaimed as her eyes landed on Taeyeon’s hands. Taeyeon continued to tremble and she looked back at the guy that was having an amused smile on his lips. Sooyoung noticed she was looking behind her and she turned around, only to have her expression darkened.

“Who invited you?” Sooyoung asked upon seeing Tiffany’s ex.

“I invited myself.” Taecyeon said and smiled.

“No one wants you here. Get lost before Tiffany finds out you’re here.” Sooyoung said and placed an arm around Taeyeon.

“Who am I going to find out is here?”

Taeyeon’s eyes widened and she and Sooyoung turned around towards the two females that had arrived to the scene. Both Tiffany and Jessica’s eyes widened upon seeing Taeyeon. Their eyes went from Taeyeon’s coke soaked costume to her bleeding hands.

“Did you trip?” Jessica asked wide eyed.

“No, he tripped her.” The girl in the nurse costume that lived next to Jessica said and nodded towards Taecyeon.

Tiffany and Jessica looked towards the guy that was still observing them. Their expression’s darkened upon seeing the guy, and before anyone had been able to stop her Tiffany had walked up towards the guy, and tried to punch him but only to have him grab her wrist.

“Trying to punch me? You can’t even reach me!” Taecyeon said and smiled down at Tiffany that glared at him.

“Let me go.” Tiffany said and tried to pull her wrist out of his grip. Taecyeon didn’t listen and she gritted her teeth. “Let me go!” She shouted at him.

Before anyone could react a guy showed up, punching Taecyeon in the face. Tiffany, Sooyoung, Jessica and Taeyeon looked shocked at the guy that suddenly had showed up. He looked at Taecyeon that now lied on the floor, holding his bleeding nose.

“Oh my God.” Tiffany mumbled out and looked at the guy she didn’t recognize. “Thank you.” She breathed out.

“It’s okay. He’s a jerk anyway.” The guy said and massaged his hand he had punched Taecyeon with. “A jerk with a hard face.” He laughed embarrassed and looked down at his hand. Tiffany followed his gaze before panicking looking back at him.

“Did you break it?!” She asked.

“I…don’t know.” He said and looked at her a bit embarrassed. She blinked, and like she suddenly had remembered she turned around to her friends that were still watching.

“How are your hands?” Tiffany asked and looked at Taeyeon’s hands that were now covered with tissues.

“I think she needs stiches.” The girl dressed in a nurse costume said. Tiffany looked apologetic at Jessica and Taeyeon.

“I’m so sorry guys.” Tiffany said.

“Why are you apologizing?” Jessica asked.

“I…I just felt like it.” Tiffany said and looked with sorrowful eyes at Taeyeon’s hands. “I…I’ll help you to the hospital.” Tiffany said and turned towards the guy that had helped her. “And you too. You need to get that hand checked.” Tiffany said. The guy could only meekly nod his head and Tiffany turned to Sooyoung.

“Please tell Hyoyeon what happened, and tell her I’m sorry.” Tiffany told the taller girl before she turned to Taeyeon and the unknown guy she would get to the hospital. “Let’s go.” She said and she, the guy, Taeyeon and Jessica left the party.


---


“It’s not your fault.”

“I still feel sorry though.”

“You weren’t the one that tripped Taeyeon. If someone should feel sorry it should be me that sent her off to get the drinks.”

“But you didn’t know that Taecyeon would trip her so she cut her hands open!”

“True. But you didn’t even know Taecyeon was there.”

Tiffany fell silent and she turned towards Jessica. The latter smiled and Tiffany couldn’t help but shake her head.

“Your fiancée got both her hands cut open and you’re still able to smile.” Tiffany said.

“It’s not that I’m not worried about her. I am. But I’m also happy that it wasn’t any major injury that would cost her her life, you know.” Jessica said and smiled.

“You’re remarkable Jessi.”

“I know.” Jessica said and grinned.

They heard someone coming towards them and they looked the way the sound come from and saw the guy that had punched Taecyeon coming towards them. His hand was in a cast and he smiled as he stopped by them.

“How’s your hand?” Tiffany asked.

“Ah, now I don’t feel anything. I’m high on painkillers.” The guy said and grinned. His smile slowly faded and he turned towards Jessica. “How’s your fiancée?” He asked and looked concerned.

“Still getting stiches.” Jessica said and smiled a small smile. He nodded his head and turned to Tiffany.

“How are you?” He asked and titled his head to the side.

“Except for feeling like guilt eating me out I’m okay. I’m not the one with a hand in a cast or getting my hands stitched up.” Tiffany said. He nodded his head and looked back and forth between the two girls.

“Do you want something? I can get you something to drink while you wait for Taeyeon.” He offered.

Tiffany arched an eyebrow at the guy’s offer. “You’re awfully nice.”

“It’s the painkillers.” He said and grinned. “So, coffee or tea? Or something else?”

“Coffee with milk then.” Tiffany said and turned to Jessica.

“I’ll take the same.” Jessica said.

The guy nodded his head before he turned around to start searching for somewhere he could get coffee. Jessica turned to Tiffany that looked after the guy.

“Do you know him?” Jessica asked. Tiffany shook her head.

“No idea who he is.” She said and looked back at Jessica. “Do you?”

“No. But Taeyeon said she recognized him from some of her lectures.”

“Really? Maybe he’s a literature major.” Tiffany said.

“Who knows?” Jessica said. Her attention was brought from Tiffany to the door that opened in front of them, and out came Taeyeon. No longer in her tomato costume, and with both hands bandaged up.

“Well, look here. Maybe you should have gone with the mummy look instead?” Jessica said as Taeyeon walked up to them.

“Funny.” Taeyeon mumbled and turned to Tiffany that looked apologetic at her. “Don’t worry. I’m fine. And to top it off I’m high on painkillers so I don’t feel any pain.” Taeyeon said. Both Jessica and Tiffany’s eyebrows raised and they turned towards each other before they turned back to Taeyeon.

“What?” She asked as she noticed their looks.

“Is that a literature major thing? Getting high on painkillers?” Tiffany asked.

“Not what I know of.” Taeyeon said and furrowed her eyebrows confused. “Why?”

“That guy that punched Taecyeon said the same thing as you did.” Jessica said and grinned.

“Ah, you mean Seunghyun?”

“Is that his name?”

“Yeah.”

“Do you know what he majors in?”

“Creative writing I think.” Taeyeon said.

Jessica and Tiffany nodded their heads and exchanged glances before they turned back to the girl with the bandaged hands.

“Ah, you’re done!” The three girls turned their heads towards the guy that had arrived with four coffee cups. He handed Jessica and Tiffany two of the cups and held one out towards Taeyeon but stopped as he noticed her bandaged hands.

“Maybe getting you coffee was a bad idea.” Seunghyun said and looked apologetic at her. His eyes left Taeyeon’s form to look at Jessica. A smile appeared on his lips and he gave the cup to Jessica. “I’m sure your fiancée will gladly help you drink.” He said with a grin.

Taeyeon raised an eyebrow at the guy while Jessica and Tiffany looked amazed at him.

“Wow, how strong dose did they give you?” Taeyeon asked. He blinked confused at her and turned to Tiffany and Jessica before he turned back to Taeyeon.

“I’m afraid I don’t understand what you mean.” He said and laughed embarrassed.

“Don’t worry. Taeyeon is high on painkillers and doesn’t know what she’s talking about. Thanks for the coffee!” Jessica said and linked her arm with Taeyeon’s and brought the girl with her. “Tiff we’re going to your car!” Jessica said and began leading Taeyeon away from the guy and the girl.

“Why aren’t we going with Tiffany?” Taeyeon asked. Jessica giggled and looked at the girl.

“How strong dose did you get? Didn’t you see it?”

“See what?”

“Aish really Taeyeon. Seunghyun is like the perfect guy for Tiffany!”

“What? How?”

“I preferred it when I was the clueless one and you were the one telling me these things.”

“Well, sorry for being high on painkillers and just feeling like sleeping now…”

“Ah, don’t worry. I’ll take care of you.” Jessica said and placed her arm around Taeyeon’s shoulders instead. “Do you want coffee?”

“Are you going to help me drink it?”

“Yeah, it doesn’t look like you’ll be able to use those hands.” Jessica said and nodded towards Taeyeon’s bandaged hands.

“Are you going to help me eat as well?”

“Yes, as long as you have stitches I’ll help you with everything that you require your hands for.”

“I’m so lucky to have you.”

“You sure are.”

The couple entered the hospitals parking lot. They found a bench they could sit on while they waited for Tiffany and Seunghyun to come as well. They sat in silence and enjoyed the chilly autumn night while they sipped on their hot coffees.

“What happened at the party?” Jessica suddenly asked and glanced at Taeyeon. Taeyeon’s shoulders slumped and she looked at Jessica.

“I swear I didn’t talk to Taecyeon. I didn’t say anything to him. I was trying to fix the rum and coke Tiffany wanted but he snatched the rum bottle away from me, saying I looked like a kindergarten kid and I was too young to drink. So I opted to just go with coke so I’d get away from him but he tripped me.” Taeyeon said and looked at Jessica.

An understanding smile appeared on Jessica’s lips and she nodded her head.

“You did a good job.” Jessica said.

“In what? Tripping?”

“No! Keeping your promise to me.”

“Ah…”

Jessica smiled and leaned her head against Taeyeon’s shoulder. “I kind of regret making you get Tiffany the drink. I should’ve gone instead.”

“Why? You don’t think he would have tripped you?”

“No. But you always get hurt because of me.” Jessica said and looked down on Taeyeon’s hands.

“I technically got hurt because of Tiffany this time.”

“Still. You always get hurt. And it pains me seeing it.”

Silence filled between them. They looked out over the hospital parking lot as they were immersed in their own thoughts.

“Do you want painkillers? To ease the pain a bit?” Taeyeon suddenly asked. Jessica closed her eyes and laughed at Taeyeon’s attempt to joke at this time.

“I can’t believe you cracked a joke now.”

“It’s the painkillers.”

Jessica chuckled and shook her head. She turned to look at Taeyeon that looked apologetic at her.

“I’m sorry that it hurts seeing me like this.” Taeyeon apologized. Jessica shook her head and leaned closer to Taeyeon until her lips almost met with the girl’s cheek.

“It’s okay. As long as you will get better again.” Jessica said and kissed Taeyeon’s cheek. When she pulled away from the girl she smiled at her, and to her relief her smile seemed to ease Taeyeon a bit as well.

“Hey, love birds, shall we go back to get some sleep?” They turned away from each other towards Tiffany and Seunghyun that had arrived. A smile appeared on Jessica’s lips and she stood up from her seat and nodded her head.

“Sure, let’s go Taeyeon.” Jessica said and linked her arm with Taeyeon’s as the four of them made their way to Tiffany’s car so all of them could get back to the dorms to get some sleep.