First Snow

Without you it's not the same

The brown eyes that had been focused on the plant momentarily left it to look outside the window in front of her. Her eyes suddenly widened when she saw the white paper like things falling from the sky. The corner of her lips turned upwards into a smile and she quickly got up from her seat and rushed out of the room.

The girl left in the room looked surprised up from the book she had been reading. She blinked and looked the way the other girl had run before she turned back to the window in the room. Her eyes stared at the scenery outside before she began shaking her head and also got up from her seat.


---


Jessica stopped once she had gotten outside and could feel the snowflakes fall down on her face. She bent her head back to stare up at the sky where the snowflakes fell from. Her lips turned into a smile and she reached her arms out and turned her hands with her palms up to feel the cold flakes land on her hands.

Her smile widened as she turned around and watched the snowflakes paint the world white. She stopped and let her eyes fall down to her hands where the snowflakes landed and melted.

“Snow!” A cheerful shout behind her made her turn around towards a black haired girl that came running out of the dorm building. The other girl’s eyes fell on her, both of them grinned at each other before they ran towards each other.

“It’s snowing Jessi!” Tiffany shouted and jumped around with Jessica in the falling snow.

“I know!” Jessica shouted as well.

Jessica saw someone else coming from the dorms and she stopped jumping around with Tiffany as her eyes fell on the third girl that had come out. The smile on her lips widened and she ran up to the third person.

“The first snow has arrived, Taeyeon!” Jessica said and proceeded to engulf Taeyeon in a hug.

“I know. And it’s cold. Put on this.” Jessica felt something being shoved into her stomach and she looked down at what Taeyeon was holding. A smile graced her lips and she grabbed the scarf and gloves the girl had brought for her.

“Thank you.” Jessica said and put on the scarf and gloves. Her cheeks had already turned red from the cold. Taeyeon only shake her head and let her eyes go from Jessica to Tiffany that was dancing by herself in the snow.

“Go join Tiffany.” Taeyeon said and nodded towards the lone girl.

Jessica glanced at Tiffany before turning to Taeyeon. She smiled wider before grabbing Taeyeon’s hand and dragging her with her towards where Tiffany was. Taeyeon looked surprised at Jessica that grabbed both her hands before beginning to spin them around.

“What are you doing?” Taeyeon asked and felt she would trip over her own feet like this.

“Enjoying this moment.” Jessica said and laughed.

Taeyeon couldn’t help but smile as well. But her smile faded when she felt herself stumble over her feet and falling towards Jessica. The latter wasn’t fast enough to support both of them and they fell with a thud into the snow.

Tiffany stopped dancing by herself when she heard a thud behind her. She turned around only to have a smile forming on her lips when she saw the two girls that was lying on the ground, one laughing while the other was lying immobile, probably embarrassed by their position.

“Gosh, you two really do it everywhere, huh?” Tiffany said with a teasing smirk.

“We do not!” Taeyeon protested and rose up from her position on top of Jessica. Tiffany just laughed as she saw Taeyeon’s flushed cheeks. Jessica continued to laugh and tried to calm Taeyeon down by patting the girl’s back.

“And you’re not helping by laughing!” Taeyeon said and turned towards Jessica that now tried to stop laughing by biting her lower lip.

“But it’s fun.” Jessica said with a smile.

“It’s not!” Taeyeon said and shoved Jessica’s shoulder. The action only made Jessica laugh even more and she lied down. While watching the girl laugh Taeyeon felt unable to stay mad and started to smile as well.

“You’re going to get sick if you lie on the ground like that.” Taeyeon said when she noticed Jessica had stopped laughing but was still lying on the ground and stared up at the sky at the falling snowflakes.

“But this is amazing. C’mon on, you have to see.” Jessica said and managed to drag Taeyeon down to lie beside her.

Taeyeon complied and lied down beside Jessica on the ground. She blinked a bit as she stared up at the white sky where snowflakes continued to fall from. This was a completely new view to watch the falling snow.

A smile graced her lips when she realized she never would have thought about watching the falling snow like this if it wasn’t for Jessica.

“It is pretty amazing.” She admitted.

“Told you.” Jessica said and grinned.

The couple continued to watch the falling snow on the ground until Tiffany started complaining about being cold and had to drag both girls inside while calling both of them crazy to lie immobile on the ground while getting covered in the cold snow.


---


“Will you be celebrating Christmas together this year?” Tiffany asked and looked at the couple that was sitting beside each other on the bed in front of her.

“Our families have always spent Christmas together since we become friends.” Jessica said and looked at Taeyeon that nodded her head.

“Except for that year my family went skiing. Or that year Taeyeon’s grandfather got sick and they went to celebrate it at his and Taeyeon’s grandmother’s place. And that year Krystal broke her arm and we had to go to the hospital. And the year Taeyeon got stomach flu and her whole family got sick because of it.”

“So there are four times you haven’t celebrated Christmas together?” Tiffany asked.

“Yup.” Jessica said and nodded her head.

“It’s pretty much a tradition now. My family makes the food because my mom loves cooking, and we celebrate it at Jessica’s house.” Taeyeon said.

“It’s like you’ve been married for years.” Tiffany said with a smile.

“You’re right. It’s like we’ve been married.” Jessica said her eyes widening at the realization. “But how will it be when we’re actually married? Will something change?” Jessica asked and turned towards Taeyeon.

“We’ll have our own place and we’ll have to go over to my parents’ house to help my mom with the food, and then we’ll have to bring the food to your parents’ house because that’s where we’ll celebrate it.”

“So…nothing much will change.” Jessica said with a smile.

“My parents will call you Taeyeon’s wife, and your parents will call me daughter-in-law. If I don’t do something that’s expected of me you’ll probably be the one that will be told to make me do it.” Taeyeon said and calmly sipped her hot cocoa.

“What if I don’t do something that’s expected of me?”

“Will never happen. You always go beyond expectations.”

Jessica smiled as she knew that was true.

“My brother might however tell me to control my wife. But I’ll ignore it.” Taeyeon said.

Jessica chuckled and turned to Tiffany that smiled at them.

“Also, depending on who is the more masculine of us, that person will have to take a drink with our dads. And the more feminine of us will have to help our moms clean.”

“Feels like I’m going to end up drinking and cleaning.” Jessica said and laughed.

“I also have that feeling.” Taeyeon said and looked at Jessica.

A grin formed on Jessica’s lips and she turned to Tiffany before turning back to Taeyeon. “You’re definitively going to end up drinking with our dads though.” Jessica said.

“Why?” Taeyeon asked her eyebrows furrowing.

“Our moms, when they’re cleaning up in the kitchen together. They usually chat about fashion things, about dramas they’ve watched, about the neighbors, about the people at the grocery store, and so on and so on. Do you think you’ll be able to listen to that?”

“Not really.” Taeyeon said her lips forming a line.

“Yeah, that’s why I can picture you spending time with our dads instead.” Jessica said and smiled. She turned to Tiffany that was drinking her hot cocoa while watching the couple.

“What are you going to do during the Christmas break?” Jessica asked.

“I’m gonna be at home for a few days and then I’ll go to Australia.” Tiffany said.

“Will Seunghyun come with you?” Jessica asked hopefully. A blush appeared on Tiffany’s cheeks upon the mention of the guy and she hid her smile behind the cup.

“I did invite him…” Tiffany said and looked back and forth between Jessica and Taeyeon. “But he said his family is going skiing and he wanted to spend time with them.”

“That’s too bad.” Jessica said and looked at Tiffany lowered her cup from .

“Well, there’s always a next time. And he said he would call me so I guess it’s fine.” Tiffany said and beamed a smile. Her two friends smiled back at her and she had to raise the cup up to to distract her from the blush that was forming on her cheeks.

“Well, as long as you’re happy it’s okay.” Jessica said and smiled at the other girl. Tiffany smiled back at her. “Besides, you’ve been supporting me and Taeyeon so it’s only right if we support you in your relationships!” Jessica said.

Tiffany smiled gratefully at the other girl and nodded her head to what Jessica said. “Thanks, Jessi.”

“It’s nothing to thank me for. That’s what friends are for, right Taeyeon?” Jessica turned to her fiancée only to see Taeyeon looking confused at her.

“What?” Taeyeon asked when she noticed both Tiffany and Jessica looking at her.

“I think Taeyeon went off to lala land.” Tiffany laughed.

“I’m tired. And it’s warm here.” Taeyeon mumbled and leaned her head against Jessica’s shoulder.

“It’s because your fiancée is super-hot!” Jessica exclaimed.

“Don’t compliment yourself like that.”

“Why not? You said so yourself.”

“When did I ever say you were hot?”

“The other day. In the morning when I went to wake you up.”

“I was probably sleep talking.”

“You compliment me more in your sleep than when you’re awake.”

“I do not!”

“You do!”

“Do not!”

“So, am I hot or not?”

“You’re hot!”

A grin formed on Jessica’s lips while a frown formed on Taeyeon’s when she realized what had escaped .

“You tricked me.” Taeyeon said and slumped her shoulders.

“You can’t take it back now! And we have a witness!” Jessica said and pointed at Tiffany.

Taeyeon sighed and handed her empty cup to Jessica to be able to make an escape to the pillow. Jessica grinned triumphantly and turned to Tiffany that could only shake her head while smiling at the couple.

“Hey, this is my bed you know.” Jessica said and patted Taeyeon’s .

“You want me in your bed. Trust me.” Taeyeon mumbled into the pillow.

“What was in your cocoa? Why are you so bold now?” Jessica asked amused.

“You made me say you’re hot.”

“But you think I’m hot.”

“It’s embarrassing admitting to those things.”

Jessica chuckled at the girl and looked at Tiffany that shook her head at them. A grin formed on Jessica’s lips and she put their cups on the floor before throwing herself on top of Taeyeon’s body. A groan escaped the girl beneath her, and Jessica smiled triumphantly.

“You’re so soft, Taeyeon-ah.” Jessica said and hugged the girl under her.

“Yah! I can’t breathe with you on top of me.” Taeyeon said and tried to shake Jessica off of her.

“Don’t worry. I’ll make you breathe.” Jessica said. Taeyeon blinked confused until her eyes widened when she felt where Jessica’s hands were placed.

“No! No! Don’t – “ Taeyeon started to protest but it was too late as Jessica started tickling her.

“I’m gonna die!” Taeyeon laughed and tried to swat away Jessica’s hands.

Tiffany watched the couple with an amused grin on her lips. She shook her head as Jessica continued to tickle Taeyeon until the girl was about to faint. Once she stopped Taeyeon lied immobile on the bed, way too tired to even make an attempt to move.

“And that’s how you put your fiancée into submission.” Jessica said and nodded her head satisfied.

“Stop saying embarrassing things.” Taeyeon mumbled.

Tiffany started to laugh and Jessica turned to Tiffany with a grin. “But it’s funny.” Jessica protested.

“You’re the only one that thinks it’s funny.”

“Tiffany is laughing.”

“It’s because Tiffany has a disorder and doesn’t know how to properly react to things.”

“She does?”

“No!” Taeyeon sat up on the bed and wrapped her arms around Jessica’s shoulders. “Don’t believe everything I’m saying.” Taeyeon mumbled and placed her chin against Jessica’s shoulder.

“But I’m supposed to trust you.”

“Yeah…but…you shouldn’t trust everything I say to be true.”

“Then how do I know what’s true and not?”

“Gut feeling.”

Jessica nodded her head to what Taeyeon said. “My gut is telling me I’m hungry.”

Taeyeon chuckled and nuzzled her nose into Jessica’s hair. “I love you.” Taeyeon whispered.

“My gut is telling me you’re telling the truth.”

“Seems like your gut feeling is working then.”

Jessica started to grin and looked over at Tiffany that watched them with a smile.

“My gut feeling is saying that I want pizza.”

“I think that’s your stomach though.”

“Who are you to decide over my gut feeling?”

“Your fiancée that doesn’t feel like going out to eat pizza.”

“We can send off Tiffany to buy pizza.”

“Please…don’t use your friends as your slaves...besides it’s snowing way too much outside for anyone to go out.”

Jessica and Tiffany turned to the window in the room. They couldn’t see anything outside except for the white snow that fell from the sky. Taeyeon was right. It snowed way too much for anyone to go out.

Jessica sighed defeated and leaned her head against Taeyeon’s. “I really want pizza though…”

“You just have to wait.”

“How can I wait?” Jessica said and pouted.

“Well, you have your closest friend and your fiancée here to distract you. It shouldn’t be a problem.”

Jessica’s pout disappeared and she started to grin by Taeyeon’s words. “You’re right.” She said. “Let’s play a game!” Jessica announced and jumped up from the bed, almost making Taeyeon fall down as the latter had been having her arms around her.

Taeyeon let out a defeated sigh as she watched Tiffany and Jessica start up a game they could play. This wasn’t how she had wanted to wait for the snow to subside.

A small smile appeared on her lips as she watched the two other girls discuss the rules of the game. She guessed this was at least some way to spend the time while they waited.