Bath

Without you it's not the same

The brunette girl opened the door to the backyard of the house. Her eyes settled on the plants in pots on the outside and a smile graced her lips. She looked around her and went over to where the plants where, crouched beside them and stared at their leaves and flowers that had bloomed.

Her smile widened and she tilted her head to take a better look at them. She heard a bird chirp somewhere in the yard and she looked up momentarily from the plants before she looked back at them.

“Hello,” She said and smiled.

“How are you?”

She continued to stare at them. With a smile on her lips that didn’t seem to falter.

“It’s a nice weather today, isn’t it? What would you do during a day like this?”

She nodded her head, letting out a content sigh and sat down and crossed her legs.

“I’d go outside. I think.”

“Jessica!” The girl turned away from the plants when she heard her name being called. She saw her father standing in the door to the backyard. A smile appeared on her lips upon seeing the man.

“What’s up dad?” She asked and stood up from her seat.

“I just wanted to tell you the bath is working again.” The man said and smiled. His eyes fell on the plants behind his daughter before he looked at her again.

“Cool, thanks.” Jessica said and gave her father a thumb up. The man smiled and returned to go back inside. Jessica spun around and crouched beside the plants.

“I think…” She stopped and looked around her. “I think I’ll go and try the bath!” She said and stood up. She stopped midway in her action of going inside the house. An idea popped up in her head, which made a wide grin appear on her lips. She dashed inside to go upstairs to make the preparations for her new idea.


---


Someone barging through her bedroom door startled the girl that was lying on her bed and reading. Seeing a familiar face, with an all too familiar grin she let out a relieved sigh and went back to read. She however couldn’t continue to read for long as the book in her hands was snatched away, a sigh left her lips and she looked at Jessica that was so excited it looked like she was shaking.

“What now?” Taeyeon asked.

“You have to come over to my house.” Jessica said and grinned. She took the bookmark Taeyeon was holding in her hand, putting it in the book and threw it on the bed before she dragged Taeyeon up from it.

“What are we going to do?” Taeyeon asked as she was dragged outside of her room.

“We’re gonna take a bath together.”

“Huh?!” Jessica stopped and turned towards Taeyeon that was gaping shocked.

“A bath, Taeyeon. As in undressing and getting soaked in water.” Jessica explained.

“I know what bathing means, Jessica. I just don’t know if I want to do it with you…” Taeyeon said and moved slowly away from the girl.

“Why not?” Jessica asked with a raised eyebrow.

“Uhm…”

“Afraid you might see something you like?” Jessica said and wiggled her eyebrows and nudged Taeyeon’s shoulder. The other girl frowned upon how stupid that sounded.

“Shut up. You have nothing that I don’t already have, so what is it I can like?”

“How do you know? I might be hiding something.”

“Oh, really?”

“No, but seriously. We should take a bath together!”

“Won’t it be awkward?”

“Why? We’re both girls.”

“Yeah, but…”

“Oh, wait…”

“What?”

“Taeyeon…did you think I meant we taking a bath together?”

“Uh, yeah, cause that’s what you are when you take a bath. .”

“Oh my God. No! That would be just so awkward! I meant taking a bath with our bikinis on. Oh my God, your imagination is running wild Kim.”

“Shut up, it’s your fault for not telling me that from the start.”

“So you did really imagine something?”

“Are we taking a bath or not!?”

Seeing the grin on Jessica’s lips Taeyeon only shook her head and went back inside her room.

“I’m getting my bikini…” She said and slowly made her way into the room. She could feel Jessica following her while jumping up and down in excitement. Taeyeon could only shake her head and get the things she needed.

When Jessica saw Taeyeon had gotten the things she needed she grabbed the girls hand and dragged her downstairs to go to her house.

“You don’t need a towel. I have towels at my house!” Jessica said and looked behind her at the girl she was dragging.

Taeyeon didn’t say anything and just let herself be dragged inside Jessica’s house. Greeting Jessica’s mother in a hurry, the woman didn’t seem to mind her daughter and just greeted Taeyeon like the girl got dragged inside the house in a hurry every day.

Jessica finally let go of the girl once they had reached her bedroom. Taeyeon took a seat on Jessica’s bed and waited while the girl would get her things so they could put the girl’s crazy idea into action.

“I can’t choose which one to wear!” Jessica suddenly whined and turned to Taeyeon.

The girl looked at the two pairs of bikinis Jessica was holding up. A sigh left her lips and she just randomly pointed at one.

“You really think this will be good?” Jessica said and looked at it.

“Yeah, it fits your figure.” Taeyeon said and looked at Jessica that turned around towards her again.

“Have you been checking me out?” Jessica asked and wiggled her eyebrows again. Taeyeon frowned and threatened to throw a pillow at the girl. Jessica just started to laugh and decided to go with the bikini Taeyeon had chosen.


---


After both of them had gotten dressed in their bikinis Jessica dragged them to the bathroom that was located opposite her bedroom. Taeyeon glanced at the bathtub she would soon probably be sitting in, her eyebrows furrowed and she looked at Jessica.

“Seriously?” She asked. Jessica nodded her head. Taeyeon looked skeptically at the bathtub before turning back to Jessica again.

“I don’t think we’ll fit.”

“No, we’ll fit. I’m sure of it.”

“How are you sure of it?”

“Because we’re small.”

“We’re not kids anymore, Jessica…we’re bigger than what were when we were seven years old.”

“Yeah, I know. But two adults can fit in this bathtub!”

“Do I even dare ask how you know this?”

“I looked it up on the internet.”

“Sometimes I wonder why your mom even let you have your own computer…”

“She loves me. Anyway, get inside, I’ll come right after.” Jessica said and motioned for Taeyeon to get into the bathtub. Taeyeon looked at the girl, then at the bathtub, and back at Jessica.

“That sounds awkward.” Taeyeon said and wrapped the towel tighter around body.

“Okay, I can get in first and you come in last.”

“That also sounds awkward.”

Jessica frowned and looked at the bathtub and back at Taeyeon. She frowned and crossed her arms.

“Okay, I tackle you so we both fall into the bathtub, how does that sound?”

“Painful. I’ll get in first.”

A pleased smile appeared on Jessica’s lips and she watched Taeyeon enter the bathtub. The girl looked shy and curled up into a ball when she had taken a seat. She looked up at Jessica and looked at the space in front of her.

“Aren’t you getting in?” Taeyeon asked.

“Ah, yeah, hold on, I forgot something.” Jessica said and exited the bathroom.

“Yah! Don’t leave me here!” Taeyeon yelled when she saw Jessica leave. A sigh left her lips and she sank deeper into  her seat in the bathtub and hoped none of Jessica’s family members would come in as she wouldn’t be able to explain why she was in their bathtub, wearing a bikini. But then, if she just said it was Jessica’s idea she would get an understanding look from them and they would leave her alone.

If you find Taeyeon in an embarrassing situation, it’s most probably due to Jessica’s ideas. They usually said things like that.

A sigh left Taeyeon’s lips and she hugged her knees. Even though it was summer she was getting cold because of the house’s air condition. The girl looked towards the door, wondering when Jessica would come back.

Just when she was thinking of getting out Jessica came bursting through the bathroom door, closing it behind her and locking it, before she went to the bathtub, dropping the thing she had in her arms and looked at Taeyeon with a satisfied grin.

Taeyeon blinked surprised and looked down at all the toys that now had joined her in the bathtub. She could remember some of them as she had played with them at Jessica’s house when they were little.

“Why do you still have these?” Taeyeon asked and picked up a rubber duck.

“Fun. Now, move aside so I can fit in.” Jessica said. Taeyeon moved her legs away from the place Jessica was supposed to sit in and the girl took her spot and a wide grin appeared on her lips.

“Ta-da! We both fit in the bathtub.” Jessica said.

Taeyeon could only shake her head and look at the faucet she expected water to come out from.

“We’re not filling it with water?” Taeyeon asked.

“Easy, tiger! I was on my way.” Jessica said and the faucet and the bathtub was slowly filling with water with both girls and all the toys inside.

“Sica, I don’t understand the fun in this.” Taeyeon said and shifted in her position. She picked up one of the toys and looked at it.

“Water is always fun!” Jessica said and splashed some water on Taeyeon. The girl just stayed still after getting her whole face soaked. She slowly opened her eyes and looked at the girl that was grinning at her.

“So fun…” Taeyeon said and looked down at the water that now had covered her knees. She looked up at Jessica to make sure the girl didn’t do anything crazy.

“Why don’t we have a swimming pool?” Jessica suddenly asked. Taeyeon shrugged her shoulders as she didn’t know the answer to that.

“I don’t know. You have to ask your parents and my parents about that.”

“They could’ve built a swimming pool right between our houses. Imagine how cool that would have been? Then we could dive from your parents’ bedroom.”

“And died? No thank you.”

“You no fun.” Jessica mumbled and sank deeper into the water, stopping when she felt her feet came in contact with Taeyeon’s. She noticed the bathtub was beginning to get overfilled with water and she turned the faucet off and turned to the girl in front of her.

“When was the last time we took a bath together?” Jessica asked.

“It depends on what you mean by bath.” Taeyeon said and moved her arms around in the water.

“When was the last time we sat in water together? And not the beach, because that’s the sea.” Jessica changed her question.

Taeyeon sighed and tilted her head back to look up at the ceiling while she tried to remember the last time she was with Jessica in a bath.

“Last year in high school. When we went on a school trip.” Taeyeon said and looked at Jessica. A smile formed on the girl’s lips and she nodded her head as she remembered it too.

“Right, right! But we were with all the girls in our class then.” Jessica said. Taeyeon blinked surprised and raised an eyebrow.

“Oh, really? So you don’t remember who you woke up in the middle of the night when everyone was sleeping, just to go to the bath again?” Taeyeon said and titled her head.

“Oh, right. I did that.” Jessica said and began laughing. “But the water was really cold then! Not fun at all!” Jessica said.

“Yeah, and on top of that our teacher woke up and found us so we had to wash everyone’s dishes as punishment.” Taeyeon mumbled.

Jessica laughed and nodded her head. “Yeah, but that was quite fun.”

“I’d say bathing in ice cold water would be more fun.”

“Really? You want me to change the temperature on the water then?”

“No, thanks. I like this temperature.”

Jessica grinned and leaned back her head against the bathtub. She stretched out her legs as far as she could until her feet bumped into Taeyeon. She felt the girl lift on her feet and put them on her lap so she could have her legs outstretched. The action brought a smile to her face.

“Taeyeon, what if a shark came out of the faucet when we’re sitting here?” Jessica suddenly asked.

“Poor shark.” Taeyeon said

“No, I mean like in cartoons. Don’t think logical now.”

“I guess the shark would join us in the bath.” Taeyeon said.

“Do you think it’ll bring shampoo?”

“I think it would even wash our backs.”

Jessica grinned and looked at Taeyeon. “I’d like that shark. I think it would be fun to hang out with it.”

“I think you’d get a long.” Taeyeon said and smiled. She looked down at the water, watching as one of the rubber ducks floated by. Jessica smiled too, and nodded her head in agreement. She picked up a rubber duck and looked at it.

“Imagine if we were rubber ducks.” Jessica said and held out the rubber duck towards Taeyeon. “We’d be stiff, and yellow, and float around in water.” Jessica said and dropped the duck to the water. Watching as it sank and got up to the water surface again.

“That would be boring.” Taeyeon said and looked at the rubber duck Jessica had dropped.

“No kidding. I wouldn’t want a life like that.” She said and sighed.

“I wouldn’t want a life like that either.” Taeyeon said. Jessica chuckled and looked at the other girl.

“If I get paralyzed, would you stay by my side and take care of me?” Jessica asked.

“Yeah,” Taeyeon said without even thinking about it. A grin appeared on Jessica’s lips and she straightened up in her pose and looked at the other girl.

“Would you even do what I ask you to?” Jessica asked hopefully.

“I’m already doing that.” Taeyeon said and looked at the girl.

“Well technically am I forcing you, but okay.” Jessica said and shrugged her shoulders. She grinned and looked at Taeyeon that was playing with one of the yellow ducks.

“If you get paralyzed I’d stay by your side and take you to memorable places to see. I’d make your life so much fun even though you can’t move.” Jessica said and grinned. Taeyeon smiled and nodded her head.

“I can imagine as you’re already doing that.” Taeyeon said and looked at Jessica.

Jessica’s smile widened so much her teeth were showing. Taeyeon could only smile at that and looked down on the water that surrounded them. Jessica did too before she glanced at the other girl.

“Should we get out of the water? It’s getting cold.” Jessica said. Taeyeon nodded her head, and without discussing any order of who should get out first from the bath she stood up. Jessica did too and took the towel Taeyeon handed her.

“Taeyeon,” Jessica called the girl before she had managed to leave the bathroom. Taeyeon turned back to her and waited for what she was going to say.

“You look good in that bikini.” Jessica said and grinned. Taeyeon smiled and turned towards the door.

“I know. You look good in yours too.” She said and exited the bathroom.

A triumphant grin was on Jessica’s lips as she exited the bathroom with Taeyeon taking the lead.