Breakfast

Without you it's not the same

Jessica smiled as she looked at the girl next to her on the bed. She reached her hand out towards Taeyeon’s side, lightly poking it. The latter didn’t react and she continued to poke Taeyeon’s side until she felt the girl move away from her.

“It tickles.” Taeyeon mumbled tiredly and grabbed ahold of Jessica’s hand to stop her from poking her. A pleased smile appeared on Jessica's lips and she scooted closer to the girl.

“I know it does.” Jessica said and continued to grin.

“Then why are you doing it?”

“Because I want you to wake up.”

“Why?”

“Because even though I like watching you sleep, it’s more fun watching you awake.” Jessica stated with a grin. Taeyeon cracked one eye open and looked at Jessica. The latter continued to smile at her and Taeyeon shook her head.

“What’s so fun about me?”

“You’re awkward and– “

“I’m not awkward!” Taeyeon stated and tried to push Jessica out of the bed.

Jessica began laughing and held on to the girl that tried to push her away.

“I was just kidding. You’re not awkward, but you’re cute.” Jessica stated and smiled. A small blush appeared on Taeyeon’s cheeks and the girl sighed.

“I don’t know what to do with you.” Taeyeon said and shook her head.

“Just hug me!” Jessica said and wrapped her arms around Taeyeon’s body. The latter looked shocked at the girl next to her in bed, blinking upon their close proximity.

“It’s kinda hard hugging you when you’re keeping my arms down…”

“Don’t worry. I’ll do all the hugging for now.” Jessica assured.

A small smile appeared on Taeyeon’s lips and she shook her head a bit. She lied her head down and continued to stare Jessica in the eyes.

“You’re so good at making me happy.” Taeyeon stated. Jessica blinked shocked upon the statement and a blush appeared on her cheeks and she smiled at the other girl.

“I like making you happy.” Jessica said. Taeyeon chuckled and nodded her head.

“Good. Continue doing it then.”

Jessica grinned. The two girls fell silent, Taeyeon almost falling asleep again if it hadn’t been for Jessica blowing air into her ear every time she noticed it. Jessica giggled when she noticed Taeyeon glaring at her, and Taeyeon could only shake her head at the girl.

“Do you know what I think we should do?” Jessica asked and looked at Taeyeon’s face.

“No, what should we do?”

“We should have .”

“W-what?” Wide eyed Taeyeon turned towards the other girl.

“We’re a couple! We should do it!” Jessica exclaimed and released Taeyeon from the hug to be able to sit up. She placed one hand on each side of Taeyeon’s body and leaned over the girl. “We’ve been a couple long enough to take it to the next level.” Jessica said seriously.

Taeyeon had thought Jessica was joking, but seeing Jessica seemed serious she gulped and pulled the covers further up her body.

“Do you want to have it now?” She asked and glanced down on all the covers that were wrapped around her body. When she met Jessica’s gaze she noticed the girl nodded and she started to feel nervous.

“But I–“ Taeyeon’s eyes widened when she noticed Jessica was leaning closer to her. Her hands let go of the covers to place them over Jessica’s mouth to stop the girl from getting any closer to her.

“I have a terrible morning breath!” Taeyeon shouted.

She noticed Jessica stopped trying to lean closer, the girl blinked a few times before her eyebrows furrowed and Taeyeon dared to remove her hands from the girl’s lips.

“No, you don’t.” Jessica said, not believing Taeyeon’s excuse.

“How do you know?” Taeyeon said and pulled the covers so far up it covered . Jessica rolled her eyes at the question.

“I know because I’ve kissed you several times in the morning.” Jessica said and grinned. Taeyeon thought back to it, and she did actually remember Jessica kissing her in the morning, and as far as she knows, she doesn’t actually have a bad morning breath.

“Fine, but…” Taeyeon looked away from Jessica, sinking deeper under the covers as she looked back at her. “I’ve never done it before.”

“I haven’t either so I don’t have many expectations.” Jessica said and grinned.  Taeyeon sighed, not sure if she should feel at ease by Jessica’s statement.

“But it just feels so sudden doing it now! Make it more romantic and I might consider it.” Taeyeon protested and pushed Jessica away and proceeded to get out of bed. But she just managed to stand up before she was pulled back down again.

“Please, I’ll be gentle.” Jessica said and nuzzled Taeyeon’s neck as she was keeping her whole weight on the girl to prevent Taeyeon from getting away again. The latter only squirmed and tried to get away from her.

“Jessica you do know this will count as , right?” Taeyeon said and managed to push Jessica away from her. She stared at the girl with a serious look that looked at her with a pout. Seeing she didn’t manage to convince Taeyeon Jessica admitted defeated and got off the girl and rolled to the other side of the bed.

Taeyeon got out of the bed, no trust in Jessica now. A sigh left her lips and she made her way to the wardrobe, stopping momentarily to look back at the girl on the bed. She noticed Jessica was watching her in a half lying pose. The girl’s hair was messy and her eyes half closed from tiredness. Taeyeon bit her lower lip and looked away.

“Can you at least make us breakfast?” Jessica asked and lied down again. Taeyeon didn’t respond which made her look up at the girl again. “Taeyeon?”

“Oh, screw being romantic. You’ll never succeed anyway.” Jessica felt herself being pushed down as Taeyeon returned to the bed. Feeling the girl’s lips crash against hers Jessica smiled triumphantly and brought Taeyeon closer as she kissed her back.

Taeyeon stopped kissing Jessica and distanced herself from the girl that began complaining.

“Taeyeon–“

“Ssh, I forgot something.” Taeyeon said and got up from the bed and made her way to the door. Jessica watched what the girl was doing, seeing Taeyeon locked the door a wide smile appeared on her lips and she watched Taeyeon making her way back to the bed.

“You listened to your mom’s advice.” Jessica pointed out when Taeyeon had returned to the bed.

“Shut up.” Taeyeon said and leaned in to capture Jessica’s lips to continue from where she had left off.


---


The girl on the bed slowly opened her eyes. She blinked a few times to take in the scenery around her. A pleased grin appeared on her lips and she lifted her head up and looked at the girl that was lying next to her. She smiled wider and slapped the girl’s thigh to wake her up. A whiny protest erupted from the girl which she just chuckled at.

“Good morning, Taengoo-ah!” Jessica greeted the girl.

“How do you even have energy?” Taeyeon asked and turned to Jessica. She opened one eye to look at the girl that grinned at her, only to close it again as she felt Jessica’s energy would only make her more tired.

“Endorphins.” Jessica said and kissed Taeyeon’s cheek before she got out of bed. A small smile appeared on Taeyeon’s lips and she opened her eyes again, only to have them widened and quickly closing again before she buried her face into the pillow.

“Clothes, Sica! Clothes!” Taeyeon shouted into the pillow.

The girl that had been on her way to Taeyeon’s desk stopped in her tracks and looked down on her body, she looked back at Taeyeon that was hiding her face in one of the pillows.

“But it’s not cold.” Jessica said.

“Still, put on something.” Taeyeon mumbled.

“Why? Are you getting hot by seeing me like this?”

A pillow was thrown at her which made Jessica laugh. Seeing Taeyeon was still not looking her way she made her way to the bed, placing the pillow Taeyeon had thrown at her beside the girl, and grabbed one blanket she put around her body before making her way back to Taeyeon’s desk.

Taeyeon dared to glance at Jessica now as she had felt Jessica taking a blanket. She watched as Jessica took a pen and wrote something on a paper that lied on her desk. A grin formed on Jessica’s lips and she made her way to the bed and took a seat on it beside the girl.

“I crossed over one of the things on the list.” Jessica said and looked down on Taeyeon.

A sigh escaped Taeyeon’s lips and she buried her face into the pillow.

“I forgot it was part of the list.” Taeyeon mumbled.

“Yeah, we should add something else to the list now.”

“You’re the one with all the ideas.”

“But I’m too hungry to come up with something now.” Jessica said and crawled down under the covers next to Taeyeon.

“Go down to eat breakfast. I’m sure my mom will gladly feed you.”

“I was thinking we could make our own breakfast, together.” Jessica said and grinned.

“Isn’t that on the list?” Taeyeon asked and looked at the girl next to her.

“It is. That’s why I want us to do it.” Jessica said with a wide smile. A sigh escaped Taeyeon’s lips and she lied her head back down on the pillow.

“But I’m too tired.” Taeyeon mumbled.

“You’ll feel energized once we get started.” Jessica assured the girl and patted Taeyeon’s back.

“Give me ten minutes to get out of bed…”

Jessica began laughing and looked at Taeyeon that really looked way too tired to get out of bed.

“It’s will take ten seconds if I drag you out of bed.” Jessica said and raised her eyebrows.

“Too bad I planned to keep you in bed with me.” Taeyeon mumbled and placed her arm around Jessica’s waist to keep the girl from getting out of bed and drag her with her. Jessica laughed again, but complied with Taeyeon’s request and stayed in bed until Taeyeon had woken up.

“Hey, I have an idea.” Jessica announced after a while.

“I thought you were too hungry to get ideas.” Taeyeon said tiredly.

Jessica grinned and looked down on the girl in the bed. She lied down to be able to look at Taeyeon that tiredly looked back at her. She continued to grin as she saw Taeyeon looking questioning at her.

“We should eat breakfast without clothes on.”

She noticed Taeyeon blinked surprised which made Jessica grin even wider. She crawled closer to Taeyeon that looked at her like she couldn’t believe her.

“That’s out of the question! You’re completely insane!” Taeyeon said and hit Jessica with a pillow square in the face. The latter just laughed and grabbed the pillow before Taeyeon could hit her with it again.

“No, no, but listen. It’s a great idea!”

“Why is it a great idea?”

“That way we will get used to see each other .” Jessica stated with a smile.

“No, we’re not eating breakfast . We’re not animals!”

“Technically we are animals…”

“You know what I mean!”

“Yeah, but – “

“No buts! Listen Jessica. My family is home. They’ll see us . They’ll see you . I don’t want that.” Taeyeon said and looked Jessica in the eyes. A smile formed on the other girl’s lips upon Taeyeon’s argument.

“Is that your main reason for not wanting it?”

“Yes…also…it’s embarrassing walking around …”

“But that’s why we should do it! So you’ll get used to it.”

“But I don’t need my family to get used to see my girlfriend !”

“But I don’t have any problem with them seeing me .”

Taeyeon raised her eyebrows and leaned away from the girl beside her. “You don’t have a problem with it? Well, you should have a problem with it. Because I have a big problem with other people seeing something I should be the only one allowed to see.” Taeyeon said.

Jessica had to bit her lip to prevent from smiling. But she couldn’t and the corner of her lips turned upwards and she leaned closer to Taeyeon.

“You’re so possessive.” Jessica stated and grinned.

“Well…yes…I don’t want other people looking at what’s technically mine…”

“I like this sudden possessive side of you.” Jessica said and leaned close enough to Taeyeon till their foreheads bumped together. Taeyeon blushed and Jessica realized that Taeyeon’s possessiveness had gone back to her shy side and she smiled.

“You’re so cute.” Jessica stated and pecked Taeyeon’s lips.

Taeyeon sighed and scooted closer to Jessica to bury her face into the girl’s shoulder.

“Can we skip making breakfast and just go with what my mom has made?” Taeyeon mumbled into the shoulder.

“Sure, why?”

“Because I’m beginning to feel faint because of hunger…”

Jessica chuckled and managed to make Taeyeon release her for her to get out of the bed. She began searching among the sheets in the bed where their clothes probably were. When she had found both of their pajamas and they had gotten dressed they finally made their way out of Taeyeon’s bedroom.


---


When they entered the kitchen Mrs. Kim was by the counter, reading a cooking magazine of some sort. Her eyes followed the two girls that made their way towards the stove where omelet she had made was in a pan.

“You girls really slept in today.” Mrs. Kim pointed out as she watched Taeyeon scoop up omelet for both of them.

“We were tired.” Taeyeon replied and handed Jessica a plate before both girls made their way to the dining room. Taeyeon’s mother followed them and watched as the two girls ate their breakfast, or brunch for that matter.

“I have a question for your girls.” Mrs. Kim said and took a seat by the table in front of Taeyeon and Jessica. The two girls looked at the woman that clasped her hands on top of the table.

“I was gonna check up on you this morning, but the door was locked.” Mrs. Kim said. Jessica’s eyebrows rose and Taeyeon’s face went red. The two girls exchanged glances before looking back at Mrs. Kim that had an eyebrow raised.

“What is the question?” Taeyeon asked when her mother hadn’t asked anything.

“I was wondering why it was locked.” Mrs. Kim said.

“You told me to lock the door when I wanted to have private time.” Taeyeon mumbled and stabbed her omelet. Mrs. Kim’s eyebrows raised and she looked at Jessica that only nodded her head to what Taeyeon had said.

“I see,” Mrs. Kim said and nodded her head. Taeyeon looked up from her breakfast when she felt her mother’s tone didn’t sound good.

“What do you see?” She asked.

“That this day would come.” Her mother said and smiled.

“What day? Sunday?” Taeyeon asked.

“No, the day for you and me to have the talk.” Mrs. Kim said and smiled. Taeyeon groaned and dropped her eating utensils.

“No! I’m not having that talk with you mom. I don’t need that talk. You’re four hours too late.” Taeyeon said and crossed her arms.

“What? You’ve…? Oh my God… my baby girl. My daughter…she’s so grown up. She has grown up. Oh my God!” Mrs. Kim went up from her seat and began chanting ‘oh my god’ and saying Taeyeon had grown up and become mature while pacing around the dining room. Taeyeon just rolled her eyes at her mother’s reaction while Jessica watched amused.

“Your mom is funny.” Jessica said and continued to eat her breakfast.

“No…she’s not.” Taeyeon said and shook her head at her mother. “Can you ask your parents if they want to adopt me? I don’t want to stay in this family.”

“We’d become siblings if they adopt you.” Jessica pointed out.

“Right now I don’t care…if I have to get into an relationship to get away from these people then so be it. Ask your mom if she wants me as her third daughter.”

“It would sound more like I’m asking my mom if it’s okay if I marry you.”

“True…don’t ask your mom that.”

“Don’t you want to get married to me?”

Taeyeon turned to Jessica with wide eyes. She blinked confused as she met Jessica’s expecting gaze.

“You do know if I answer yes it will sound like an answer to a marriage proposal, and I don’t want it to go this way. Not in the dining room of my parents’ house. Not while we’re sitting in pajamas, not even finished college yet. And definitively not after you haven’t even asked it in a proper way.” Taeyeon said.

“What? How’s the proper way? Tell me! I don’t know these things.”

“You first go down on your knees like this.” Taeyeon said and demonstrated for Jessica how to do and kneeled beside the girl’s seat. “And then you ask ‘Do you want to marry me?’”

Jessica grinned and Taeyeon looked confused at the girl.

“What?” Taeyeon asked when Jessica didn’t say anything.

“Yes, I’d love to marry you, Taeyeon.” Jessica said and smiled wider.

Taeyeon gaped shocked when she realized she had gotten tricked into asking Jessica to marry her. She couldn’t tear her eyes away from the girl that was grinning from ear to ear, and she didn’t know what to say at this point either.

“Oh my God…Taeyeon did you just propose?” Mrs. Kim’s voice brought Taeyeon’s attention back to her mother. Realizing the woman also was there she panicked looked back at Jessica that didn’t seem she would explain what just had happened.

“I…uhm…I…She…” Taeyeon was at loss of words and she turned to her mother that still waited for an explanation.

“Where’s the ring?!” Mrs. Kim asked. Taeyeon blinked confused and looked down on her and Jessica’s hands. She looked back at the woman that had given birth to her, still not having a proper explanation for her.

“We’re college students.” Was all Taeyeon could muster out.

“We could get married after college.” Jessica suggested. Taeyeon blinked and turned from Jessica to her mother and then back to the girl.

“I…you…we really need to talk.” Taeyeon said and got up from her seat and pulled Jessica with her.

Taeyeon stopped in the living room and turned to Jessica. The girl couldn’t stop grinning and Taeyeon had a hard time forming sentences that would be coherent.

“You…do you know what you just did?” Taeyeon asked.

“Yes, I answered your marriage proposal.” Jessica said.

“Well…yeah…but do you know what it means?”

“We’re getting married in the future. You’re now official my fiancée.” Jessica said.

“But…do you even want to have it this way?”

Jessica smiled and grabbed Taeyeon’s hands. She looked into the girl’s eyes and titled her head to the side.

“It’s perfect this way. I don’t care whether we’re wearing pajamas or fancy dresses, I don’t care if we’re in your parents’ house or on top of a roof on an building. What matters is that it’s you that asked, and it’s you that I’d like to spend my whole life with.” Jessica said and grinned.

Taeyeon sighed and looked down on their intertwined hands. A small smile appeared on her lips and she looked up at Jessica.

“I don’t have a ring to give you right now. But if you’re fine with it this way, I don’t take it back. However I’d like to redo it.” Taeyeon said.

Jessica released Taeyeon’s hands to let the girl bend down on one knee. A shy smile appeared on Taeyeon’s lips and she tenderly held Jessica’s left hand in hers.

“Jessica, will you marry me?” Taeyeon asked, her cheeks flushing red by what she had said.

A smile appeared on Jessica’s lips and she crouched down to Taeyeon’s level. She could see that the girl was embarrassed and nervous, and it brought a smile to her lips.

“Yes, I’d love to marry you.” Jessica said.

She heard a relieved sigh escaped from Taeyeon’s lips and she hugged the girl. She felt Taeyeon hug her back and her smile widened by the action.

“I’m shaking.” Taeyeon mumbled against her shoulder.

“I can feel that.” Jessica said and tried to calm Taeyeon down by gently rubbing the girl’s back. “I’m amazed that you could get so nervous even though I already gave you my answer.” Jessica said and smiled.

“I can’t help it. I just got nervous and it didn’t make it better that I was embarrassed…” Taeyeon mumbled.

Jessica chuckled and hugged the girl tighter. “It’s cute though.”

“You’re making me even more embarrassed now…”

“That’s why I love you.”

“Because I’m easily embarrassed and blush a lot?”

“Yup.”

“Our engagement starts off on a great note.”

“But I like it this way.”

“I don’t have much to complain about either.”

“What do you want to complain about?”

“We haven’t…kissed yet.”

Jessica grinned by the words and she tried to distance herself from Taeyeon but the girl continued to cling to her like her life depended on it. The action made her chuckle and she tried to pry Taeyeon’s arms away from her.

“If you hold me like this we won’t be able to kiss.” Jessica said when Taeyeon didn’t let go.

“But now it’s embarrassing because I said I want to do it.”

Jessica laughed and instead of making Taeyeon let go of her she pushed them forward making them fall down on the floor. The action made Taeyeon momentarily lose her hold on her and Jessica could get into a better position to lie face to face with the girl. She could see Taeyeon’s face was bright red now and she smiled by the sight.

“We can kiss now.” Jessica said. She saw Taeyeon pressed her lips together.

“Don’t point out obvious facts and just do it instead.” Taeyeon mumbled embarrassed.

Jessica chuckled and leaned in, closing the distance between them and stopping with her lips right in front of Taeyeon’s.

“You’re so cute.” Jessica mumbled and finally closed the distance. Whatever argument Taeyeon was going to say was pushed back into as Jessica’s lips covered hers.

Taeyeon felt her embarrassment was forgotten as she lost herself in their kiss. Jessica forgot about their surroundings and continued to kiss the girl that lied beneath her, only stopping to give them time to regain some oxygen before diving back into the kiss.  

“Mom, noona and Jessica-noona is at it in the living room.” A male voice said.

Taeyeon snapped her eyes open and managed to push Jessica away from her when she remembered they were in the living room of her parents’ house.

“Leave them alone Kibum. They just got engaged.” Taeyeon heard her mother say to her brother. A sigh left her lips and she closed her eyes.

“Can we change place?” Taeyeon asked and looked at Jessica.

“As you wish.” Jessica said and grinned. She got off Taeyeon and helped the girl up. She brought them upstairs to Taeyeon’s room and locked the door to make sure they’d get their privacy without anyone interrupting them.