Chocolate Cake

Without you it's not the same

The girl placed her pencil down when she had finished writing. Her eyes shone of happiness when she looked at the list she had written. She nodded approvingly of her work before she put the sheet of paper down on her desk again before she stood up.

She made her way towards the door, glancing at the sheet of paper once again before she grabbed her jacket that hung behind the door and headed out. She had a lot of things she needed to get done.


---


Rapid knocks was heard on the wooden door, which made the occupant of the room move her way towards it. She opened it and saw a girl with a grin plastered across her lips, the girl was a few inches taller than her, and was clad in a pair of jeans, a t-shirt and a leather jacket to cover her upper body. The girl that had opened the door shot the girl a questioning look.

“What are you doing?” Jessica finally stepped inside Taeyeon’s room. The brunette girl closed the door after Jessica had entered and watched as Jessica took a seat on her bed.

“Finishing my homework.” Taeyeon said and nodded towards her desk.

Jessica nodded her head.

“I’ve an idea, and I want you to come with me.” Jessica said and grinned.

Taeyeon raised an eyebrow and looked skeptically at the girl. She had known Jessica long enough to know that once the girl had an idea it’s usually not something good.

“What?” Taeyeon asked and crossed her arms.

Jessica’s excitement was evident as she grinned even more.

“You’ll see, you have to agree to come with me first.” Jessica said.

Taeyeon glanced at her desk where books and notebooks was scattered, Jessica followed her gaze and turned back to the brunette girl with a reassuring smile.

“You’ll have time for that later.” Jessica assured and stood up from her seat on the bed.

“But–“ Taeyeon was going to argue but she got her jacket shoved into her face which prevented her from saying anything more.

“Let’s go!” Jessica said excited and didn’t even wait for Taeyeon to agree to come with her before she had grabbed the brunette’s hand and dragged her out of the room.


---


Taeyeon looked with furrowed eyebrows at the girl that walked inside the bakery they just had arrived at. She followed the girl inside and stopped by her side. She glanced at Jessica and noticed the girl was looking at the cakes.

“What are we doing here?” Taeyeon asked.

Jessica turned to her with a smile before she took out the wallet from the pocket in her jacket and went up to the counter. Taeyeon continued to watch her with a confused look on her face.

“One chocolate cake please.” Jessica said. The cashier went to take out one of the chocolate cakes and put it inside a box. Jessica smiled wider when the box with the cake got placed on the counter in front of her and she handed the cashier the amount of money she had to pay.

When Jessica got her change back she turned around towards Taeyeon with the cake box in hand. The other brunette flashed Taeyeon a smile while the latter just shot her a questioning look. Jessica didn’t bother about the look she was given and linked her arm with Taeyeon’s before she dragged the girl out of the bakery.


---


The brunette’s eyes looked from the spoon that was placed beside the plate to the plate where more than a half-eaten chocolate cake was, and then her eyes landed on the brunette that was bent over the table while groaning. Taeyeon could only shake her head by the sight in front of her.

“What made you think that you could finish a whole chocolate cake by yourself?” Taeyeon finally asked.

She only got another groan from the girl in answer. Taeyeon shook her head by the reply.

Jessica slowly straightened up in her seat, a hand was on her stomach and her eyes were half closed.

“I feel like puking.” Jessica mumbled.

“I’m not surprised.” Taeyeon said.

Jessica opened her eyes a bit more, her brown orbs landed on the chocolate cake, her face made a disgusted grimace and she looked away.

“Take that thing away.” Jessica said and pointed at the cake.

Taeyeon reached out towards the plate and took the cake and went with it to the counter where Jessica had left the cake box. The girl still seated by the table watched as Taeyeon put the remaining cake inside the box and went to the sink to wash the plate.

A sigh left Jessica’s lips and she bent over the table with her face facing down. She heard the refrigerator was being opened followed by the sound of a cupboard being opened and closed. Taeyeon’s feet shuffled around in the kitchen before Jessica heard the girl returning to her seat opposite her.

She felt something cold was placed against the skin of her hand and she looked up at the glass with the white liquid Taeyeon was holding out towards her. The other brunette looked up at her, Taeyeon motioned for her to take the glass of milk and Jessica slowly reciprocated and grabbed the glass with its cold content.  

“If you drink you might feel better.” Taeyeon said and propped her chin up on her hand. Jessica looked down at the glass before she looked up at the other brunette that waited for her to drink.

Slowly brought Jessica the glass up to her lips and tilted it, letting some of the milk enter before she lowered it again and swallowed. Feeling that her nausea slowly disappearing she drank some more until half of the glass was emptied. When she felt satisfied she grinned at Taeyeon that smiled back at her.

“Guess what?” Jessica said and placed the glass down on the table surface.

“What?”

“I think I can finish the rest of the cake.” Jessica grinned and Taeyeon just shook her head with an amused grin.

“It’s your cake, eat it if you want.” Taeyeon said and smiled at the other girl. Jessica’s grin widened and Taeyeon watched as the girl tried to stuff herself with the rest of the chocolate cake she had been so sure she would finish on her own.