Chapter 7

Goodnight My Love

The morning sun brightens the day, sun rays shining through the window panes marking of a new day. The family of four were already seated at the dining table to indulge in the breakfast prepared by their beloved mother and wife.

“Appa, are you working late tonight?” the youngest and the most loved one asked.

“I think so.” He answered nonchalantly while smiling slyly.

“Ouh, okay than.” She said and lowered her head and continued with her breakfast.

“I’ll be late because I have a date with your mother at a certain musical to watch a performance by 2 most talented kids I’ve ever known” he answered while patting her head.

“You remembered! I thought you’d forgotten about it and won’t be coming to watch it!” she shrieked.

“Seohyun-ah, how can we miss your performance? Afterall, the 2 of you will be performing.” Her mum said.

“See maknae, you worry too much. They will never forget about it cos they know the consequences of not attending it.” Her brother added on. She just laughed and nodded her head, understanding what her brother meant.

“Yes, my dear. We remembered clearly how you made us feel so guilty for not attending it. I don’t think we want to experience that again.” Mr Kim said. Everyone laughed and continued eating their breakfast. Mr Kim left the house together with his two kids, leaving Mrs Kim alone.

“Honey, I’ll be back later in the afternoon and we’ll go to the musical together.” Mr Kim said to his wife after kissing her and got into his car.

“Seohyun-ah, is Yoong fetching you?” Taeyeon asked.

“No, oppa.”

“Okay, we’ll go together since we’ll be out long. Get in my car.”

She did as told and made her way to his car. She waved at her mum before going in. “See you later omma!” she said. They left shortly and throughout the journey, they were actually rehearing for their performance tonight. They reached school and Taeyeon parked at his usual lot and they walked in. They made their way to where the rest of the group are. Taeyeon, Seohyun and Sunny didn’t stay with the group for long as they had to go for the last rehearsal and get ready for their musical tonight.

“Everyone, let’s start our dry rehearsal now and later, once we’re all dressed, we’ll rehearse one last time. Everyone, take your place!” Mrs Lee told the students. Taeyeon warmed-up his voice at the side before joining Seohyun and Sunny.

 

“It’s boring without Hyunnie. I miss her already!” Yoong whined and pouted at Soo.

“Eeeew! What the hell are you doing showing your aegyo at me?!” Soo pushed him away while pretending to puke. The girls found it really cute while the boys found it rather disturbing.

“Awww, that’s so cute Yoong.” Woori said nudging at him and the rest of the girls nodded their head in agreement.

“You’ll see her later dude. No need to act like that!” Yul said and smacked his head.

“Ouch! Hey, that wasn’t necessary at all!”

“Baby, don’t be mean. He’s just missing his girlfriend. Besides, it’s really sweet that he misses her.” Tiffany said.

“Okay, stop it guys! So, all of you are going for the musical, right?” Hyo asked.

“Yeah, of course!” all of them answered.

 

 

“Alright everyone. That was your final rehearsal and you guys did great. This musical will be a success for sure. Now, go and take break and be ready for your performance later on.”

Taeyeon went backstage and grabbed 3 packed dinner for himself and the other two. “Hey guys, let’s eat now while it’s still hot. AT least we won’t be in a rush later on.” He said to Sunny and Seohyun.

“Thanks Taeng. Let’s eat at the front?”

“Yeah. Let’s go.” Seohyun said as she grabbed three bottle of water.

“You guys nervous?” Taeng asked.

“A bit. Yourself?” Sunny said.

“Same. At least, I’m not the main lead. You guys are so pressure is more on you.”

“I can’t wait for omma and appa to see our performance, oppa!”

“I’m sure they’ll be proud of you..”

“Your dear Yoong will be watching it too. Anyway, it seems like he missed you a lot today and he annoyed the rest of the guys.”

“Hahah, Really? I didn’t know that!”

They enjoyed their dinner and continued with their little chats before getting ready for the performance. After their dinner, they went to their respective dressing room and got ready. The show was starting in an hour and the hall was slowly filled with audience. After putting on her make-up, Seohyun left her room and searched for her brother.

“Oppa!” she called him as he passed by.

“Yeah? Wow, you look beautiful” he complimented.

“You look good too oppa. Anyway, when you sing later, look for Sica unnie and have eye contact with her as you sing. Let her feel that you’re singing for her, okay?”

“Thanks for the reminder! Goodluck okay! Hwaitaeng!”

The performance has started and Seohyun managed to spot her parents as soon as she stepped on stage and smiled widely. She also saw her boyfriend and the rest of the gang seated not far from her parents. They had boards with her, Sunny and Taeyeon’s name written on it. After a while, Taeyeon finally made his appearance on stage and as expected, the cheer was the loudest. After saying his line, he went to the piano and started playing and sang….

I know you're somewhere out there, 
Somewhere far away
I want you back
I want you back.

My neighbors think I'm crazy, 
But they don't understand
You're all I had
You're all I had.

At night when the stars light up my room, 
I sit by myself, 

Talking to the moon
Tryin' to get to you
In hopes you're on the other side
Talking to me too
Or am I a fool?
Who sits alone
Talking to the moon

I'm feeling like I'm famous, 
The talk of the town.
They say I've gone mad.
Yeah, I've gone mad.
[ Lyrics from: http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/b/bruno_mars/talking_to_the_moon.html ]
But they don't know what I know, 
'Cause when the sun goes down
Someone's talking back.
Yeah, they're talking back.

At night when the stars light up my room, 
I sit by myself, 

Talking to the moon
Tryin' to get to you
In hopes you're on the other side
Talking to me too
Or am I a fool?
Who sits alone
Talking to the moon

Do you ever hear me calling?
'Cause every night, I'm talkin' to the moon
Still tryin' to get to you

In hopes you're on the other side
Talking to me too
Or am I a fool?
Who sits alone
Talking to the moon

I know you're somewhere out there, 
Somewhere far away...

He put in all of his emotion and feeling into the song. As he sang, all he could think about was the girl that made his heart pound and the one that he has fallen in love with. He scanned through the crowd and look for her. As soon as he spotted her, they made eye contact and throughout the entire song, he just stared into her eyes and sang to her.

‘Wow, he’s voice is amazing. It’s such a soothing voice. No wonder all the girls are crazy over him. He’s so charismatic when he’s singing, totally different from how he is on a daily basis. Kim Taeyeon, once again, you moved me with your actions. How I wish you would only sing for me…’ she thought as she held her gaze with him.

After the musical, Taeyeon, Seohyun and Sunny went outside to meet up with their parents and friends. Taeyeon and Seohyun walked to their parents first and they gave the two of them a warm hug.

“You guys were amazing! Seohyun, you were beautiful and perfect!” their mum exclaimed. She couldn’t contain her excitement and was so proud of her daughter.

“Only her? What about me?” Taeyeon pouted.

“Aigooo. You did amazing too Taeyeon-ah. You sang beautifully and I was blown away! No wonder all the girls are crazy over you. You could be a singer, my dear..” she said.

“Yah, he can’t be a singer. He’s taking over the company soon. You did well son. Seohyun, you were perfectly amazing and beautiful. My two kids are so talented..” he praised them.

After talking with their parents, their parent head home first leaving them behind. They joined the group afterwards and they all praised them and congratulated them. After that, they waited for the trio to get change before heading to their usual place for supper.

“Taeyeon, could you please take Jessi with you?”

“What?! Why can’t I come with you?” she pinched Tiffany.

“Shhh, I’m giving you a chance. I knew he ws singing to you just now and don’t you dare deny it cos you were blushing like mad!” Tiffany whispered.

“Sure, if she don’t mind. Seohyun is going with Yoong so she can take my car.”

“Great. See you there!”

“You ready to go?”Taeyeon asked.

“Yeah.”

They got into the car and made their way to the venue. “You sounded great. You have a wonderful voice, Taeyeon-shi.”

“Taeyeon-shi? Why the formality, Jessica-shi?”

“I don’t know. It’s just that when you sing, you seem like a different person.”

“I’m still Kim Taeyeon.”

“I know, but you were more charismatic and you were extremely passionate.”

“It can never be a passion.”

“Why not?”

“Just because..”

They reached the destination and had their supper with the group. The time spent together was precious to them as they only had each other, simply because they’re “different” as compared to the rest. They’re of higher status even though all of their family backgrounds are different. The similarity they found in each other was normalcy. They all want to lead a normal life without having to be treated differently and they are also have to be aware of those that are friends with them because of their wealth and status.

They left the diner around midnight and made their way back home. Jessica went with Tiffany while Seohyun followed her brother. “Bye unnies and oppa. See you later!” the youngest in the group said to the rest.

“Are you tired?” he asked her as he concentrated on his driving.

“Yeah, it was a long day oppa. What about you?”

“Same. I’m gonna head to bed immediately later on.”

“Eeew. That’s disgusting, oppa. You should shower first!”

“Of course I will!”

“Anyway, you were much more emotional in your singing today. Why is that?” She .

“You noticed huh?”

“I’m your sister. I know everything about you. I can even identify you just by your voice and smell.”

“Hahaha. I did what you told me to. I looked her in the eyes and sang it. Her eyes just calms me down, Seohyun. It’s unbelievable.”

“That’s sweet. So, have you thought about how you wanna ask her to be your girlfriend?”

“Are you sure it’s not too early Seohyun?”

“We’ve gone through this before oppa. It’s not too early. You’ve known her for about a month now and we all can see that there’s chemistry between the two of you and she gets jealous when all your fans surround you. She likes you oppa or maybe she loves you? Who knows.”

“Fine. Well, I do have something in mind but I’m afraid that it’s too over.”

“Tell me about it.”


Another week has passed and Taeyeon has been preparing for the big day. Tomorrow is the day that he will ask Jessica to be his girlfriend. He has planned all the activity that they’ll be doing and where they’ll eat etc. Taeyeon got help from his beloved sister her boyfriend. He made them promise that no one else will know about it cos he wants to surprise the rest of the gang.

*Text Message*

Taeyeon: Hey beautiful, what are you doing tomorrow?

Jessica: Hello Handsome. Probably just sleep in? Laze around in bed.

Taeyeon: Is that a better option than going out with me..?

Jessica: Are you asking me out on a date again?

Taeyeon: You don’t like going out with me?

Jessica: I didn’t say that at all Mr. Anyway, sure. I’d love to go out with you.

Taeyeon: Great! But, there’s something that you have to do..

Jessica: What…?

Taeyeon: Erm, you’ll have to wake up by 5.30am.

Jessica: What?! Why?! Who goes on a date that early??

Taeyeon: I know and I’m sorry but I promise you’ll like it!

Jessica: Argh! You’re the first person who ever dared to make such request..

Taeyeon: Heheh 

Jessica: Fine! I’ll try to wake up early.

Taeyeon: Thank you beautiful! See you tomorrow J

 

After getting her agreement, Taeyeon immediately called Tiffany to get her help.

‘Miyoung, I need your help.’

‘What’s up?’

‘Okay, I need you to make sure that Jessica wakes up by 5.30am tomorrow.’

‘What?! Are you insane??! Look, Jessica Jung never wakes up that early. That Ice princess will kill anyone that wakes her from her sleep!’

‘Don’t worry. I’ve told her about it and she said she’ll try. Look, I really need your help.’

‘What are you up to Kim Taeyeon?’

‘I wanna bring her to the beach to watch the sunrise and have breakfast there.’

‘That’s romantic. But I’m sure there’s more. Spill it dwarf!’

‘Fine, but you must promise me that you can’t tell anyone. Not even Yul! Only Seohyun and Yoong know about it.’

‘Alright, I promise. What is it?’

‘I wanna ask her to be my girlfriend tomorrow..’

‘Really?!’

‘Yeah. Do you think it’s too fast? Does she actually like me the same way, Miyoung?’

‘Follow your heart and gut Tae.’

‘Alright. So, help me okay?’

‘Definitely!’