Chapter 1

Goodnight My Love

He stepped into the bar and his heart ached at the view that caught his eyes. He stood there paralyzed, unable to take another step to reach out to her. He stood there rooted and watched her drowning away her sorrow. He could see how hurt and broken she is yet there isn’t anything that he could do to make her feel better. He felt so useless at that very moment. As he stood there and observed her, memories after memories kept playing in his head as he reminisce the moments and memories that they shared.

*flashback*

“Argh, why did I agree to join you guys for your date?! All of you are with partner and I’m alone.” He groaned. Taeyeon was tricked into joining his guy friends believing that it was a ‘Boys Night Out’ only to realize that they have a date waiting for them. He felt uncomfortable as he’s the only single guy in the gang.

“Quit complaining. Look, the girls promised to bring their friend along. For all you know, you might like her..” said Yul while looking at him in an amused manner.

“Yeah. Besides, I heard from Sunny that she’s really pretty and she just arrived in Seoul.” Added  Sooyoung, his shikshin buddy.

“ Yeah right.. the last time you guys set me up, the girl turned out to be a money ripper.” He scowled at the memory.

“Hey! We didn’t expect that either! We were just trying to help..” muttered Yul.

“Look, this will be the last time, ok? If you really don’t like her, we promise we won’t interfere with your love life anymore, okay hyung?” said Yoong, the youngest of the group.

“Fine… You guys better keep your words!”

They reached the bowling alley and waited for the girls to arrive. While the rest were busy talking, Taeyeon just kept his silence and listened to some songs.

“Sorry we’re late. Tiffany here couldn’t decide what to wear and we were caught in the traffic..” said a short brunette.

The boys were startled by the voice and had a big grin plastered on their face as they saw their dates standing in front of them.

“Hey! That’s not true.. I didn’t have any trouble deciding what to wear!” argued a certain eye-smiling queen.

“Aww. It’s okay babe. We didn’t wait that long either..” said Yul walking towards Tiffany and giving her a peck on the lips.

“You look amazing, babe” whispered Yul as he hugged Tiffany. He knew that she was blushing like hell with his remark.

All the guys walk up to their individual girlfriend and greeted them.

“Why so quiet Taeng? Can’t wait to meet her?” asked Sunny.

“No babe, he’s pissed that we’re setting him up again. We kind of promised him that this will be the last time. After this, we won’t interfere in his love life anymore.” Replied Sooyoung while back hugging Sunny.

“Relax oppa. You’re gonna like her.” said Seohyun, the youngest in the group, Taeyeon’s little sister and Yoong’s girlfriend.

“I’m fine Seohyun. It’s just that these 4 idiots are getting on my nerves. I appreciate your help but really, let nature take its course. I’m sure I’ll meet someone someday..” muttered Taeng.

“Sorry oppa if we upset you with our idea. We didn’t mean it. The other oppa wants to help and they want you to join us each time we go on a date. We didn’t know that it will bother you much..”

“Yah hyung! Why are you making her feel guilty?! Aish. Hyunnie, don’t worry about Taeng oppa. He’ll be fine. Hopefully he will like this girl. If he doesn’t we’ll let him be. Don’t be sad or sorry! We’re merely trying to help.” Yoong replied while glaring at his hyung.

“Yeah, no worries Seohyun. I told you I’m fine. Don’t have to feel guilty.”

“Anyway, where is she? Shouldn’t she be with you guys? I wanna see this girl!” said Yul excitedly.

“Yeah! Where is she?!!” the rest of the boys joined in.

Tiffany pulled Yul by the ear and pulled him. “Why are you looking for her,huh? Are you interested?!” she asked. Yul shivered upon hearing her tone. The rest of the boys also got pulled by their partners except for Taeyeon.

“Let them go girls, they’re just curious. No need get defensive and uptight.” replied Taeng nonchantly.

“She’ll be a bit late. She’ll join us later as she has something to do.” said Sunny.

They proceeded and got their shoe from the counter and went to their alley. It was boys against girls and the girls went first. They were having a lot of fun watching the boy’s funny antics and the girl’s attempts.

“Hey guys, sorry for arriving late. I had to run some errands.” A soft voice interrupted their moment. Everyone stopped laughing and Tiffany stood up and walked towards the blonde girl. They were all waiting for Taeyeon to take notice as he was watching his ball hit the pins.

“Yeah! Knockout!” he shouted and had his fist up. He turned around to face the gang and was paralyzed for the moment.

“Everyone, this is Jessica Jung. She’s my cousin and she’s from the US.” Tiffany proceeded to introduce Jessica to every single one of them. She finally arrived at Taeyeon and the view amused the gang as he was still dumbfounded.

Tiffany waved her hands before him, “Earth to you, Kim Taeyeon!”

“Eh, sorry what were you saying?” he asked. He felt embarrassed for gawking at her.

“I didn’t say anything idiot. I was about to introduce you to my cousin, Jessica. Jessie, this is Kim Taeyeon. He’s a part of the gang, he’s in the football team, he has an amazing voice. Also, he’s single.” She said and winked to her cousin. Jessica smiled at her cousin’s comment.

“Oh My God. She has a beautiful smile. Hey god above, I guess I’ve finally found someone. Jessica Jung, you’re a beautiful princess.” Taeng thought to himself. He then reached out his hand to Jessica.

“Hi, I’m Taeyeon. I hope you’ll have a great time here and I hope you can adapt with us. If you need help, I can show you around sometimes.” He gave his charming smile to her.

Jessica giggled and thought, ‘Wow. He’s got a really charming smile and he’s good looking. His body is no joke either. & he’s cute’

“I’m Jessica. I hope so too. I hope you can show me around sometimes.”

*End of Flashback*

“Taengoo” “Taengoo”

The sound of his name broke his trance. He knew that voice very well. He looked ahead and his heartache at the view. ‘She has reached her limit.’ He thought to himself.

Jessica has reached her limit and tears were streaming down her red cheeks. Unknown to him, the tears that he held back, streamed down his puffy cheeks as well. He made his way to the counter and placed his index finger on his lips, signalling the bar tender. Silently, he lifted her up bridal style and brought her to her car. He searched for her car keys in her purse and gently placed her on the passenger seat and made his way to the driver’s. He drove off and he would glance over at her once in a while and her cheeks. He took her car instead because it would be easier for her.

They reached the apartment and he struggled to get in with her weight on him. After keying the pin, he brought her to their bedroom and gently laid her on the bed and walked to the edge of the bed and went down on his knees and gently took off her heels. He then, walked to the closet and took out a new set of clothes and placed it on the bed, next to her.

He left and walked to the bathroom and got a pail of water as well as towel. He silently approached her and hesitantly took off her clothes. The view ache his heart, for that’s the last time he will see such a flawless and beautiful figure. He took the towel and dipped it in the water and slowly wiped her body. Once done, he moved upward and stared at her angelic face. Once again, his tears made his way down. He could no longer control his feelings.

He took the wet towel and wiped her face. As he did so, he admired every single feature on her face. From her forehead, to her beautiful eye brows, to her cute buttoned nose, her smooth cheeks and finally her y and luscious lips. Once done, he put on her clothes and went to the bathroom. H took a shower, dried himself and stared at the mirror and started questioning himself.

“Is there really no way to salvage it?”
“Is this really how it’s supposed to end?”
“Have the relationship really taken its course?”
“Have the flame and spark died?”
“Is there really no hope for us?”
“Do I really have to let her go?”

“God, I love her. I love her so much that I would die for her.”

He took a step back and sank to the floor. His wall crumbled and he could no longer hold it back. He broke down and cried his heart out while hitting the floor till he bled. Unknown to him, someone was listening to his outbreak and plea. Someone understood his pain for she is going through the same ordeal. Someone was crying along with him in silence.