Chapter 15

Goodnight My Love

 

“How’s her condition?” the singer immediately ask after the doctor has examined her.

“She’s okay, rather weak but she’s fine. She’s down with fever so make sure she gets ample amount of rest and don’t let the incident happen again.” the doctor told him.

“Thank you Dr Han. I’ll make sure she gets enough rest.” He shook his hand and walked him to the door.

“Taeyeon, she’s extremely fragile and weak. She needs all the love and support to help her get through it and I know you play the crucial role in her life. Think it through Taeyeon” he said and walked away.

 

“Hello Hyung”

“Taeyeon. Where are you? Are you okay? Did you manage to find her?” the manager asked anxiously. It was clear that he was worried for the two of them.

“I’m fine hyung and I managed to find her.”

“That’s good. I’m glad the two of you are okay”

“I’m actually calling to inform you that I don’t think I can continue with the schedule today. Will it spell trouble for you, hyung?”

“I kind of expected it Taeyeon but no worries. I’ve already made the calls and updated the management.”

“Thanks hyung.”

“Taeyeon, use this time wisely. It’s time to stop being selfless and be fair to yourself. Only you can take away her pain and vice versa.”  He hung up without waiting for him to reply. A loud sighed was exhaled as he hung up.

 

He took a sit next to her gently her hair and caress her cheeks. ‘Everyone’s telling me to do it but how sure are they that you won’t be hurt? How sure am I that I’m ready to make that decision?’ he questioned himself as he pulled the duvet higher. He stood up and was about to leave when a tug on his wrist stopped him.

“Don’t leave me… Stay with me please.” He heard her soft murmurs. He caved in and went to the other side of the bed and slipped under the duvet and hugged her from the back. He pulled her close and buried his face in her neck, giving her all the warmth that she needs.

 

“Why hasn’t Taeyeon called? He should at least update us!” Tiffany said.

“Somehow, my hunch tells me that Taeng found her and is with her right now.” Hyoyeon said. They were all at Tiffany’s place and decided to spent the night together at her place.

“Why is that?” Woori asked her boyfriend.

“There’s only one place that they know which we don’t and that’s their secret place. So, I have a strong feeling that she’s there”

“That makes perfect sense. They’ve never disclosed the place to us and up till now, it remains a mystery.” Yul said.

“Let’s not worry about them anymore. I’m 100% sure that they’re together and they’re fine. Let’s give them some private time, alright ladies?” Sooyoung asked. Seeing that all of them nodded, he smiled. “Now, can we get some food? I’m starving right now!!” Everyone threw their pillow at him and laughed.

 

He woke up and saw 20 missed calls, mostly from Tiffany and a few from Seohyun. He decided to ignore it and got up.  He went back into the room with a tray. He placed it on the bedside table and woke up the sick girl. He chuckled as he heard her groaned, it was adorable to him.

“Hey, wake up. You need to eat and take your medication” he said as he helped her sit up.  Once she’s seated, he tied a napkin around her neck.

“I’m not a baby” she mumbled, trying to take the napkin out.

“Well, right now, you’re a sick person and under my care so you have to deal with it.” He joked.

“Now, do you want soup, porridge or rice?”

“Others usually just serve porridge Taengoo but you’re giving me 3 choices?”

“Well, I’m not like others and you’re quite picky so I prepared 3 menus. So, pick one.”

“Porridge” he took the bowl of porridge and fed her slowly, letting the porridge cooled before feeding the princess. Every once in a while, they will make skin contact and held gaze but it wasn’t at all awkward but more of a painful gaze.

“You’ve been good in eating your meal. Now, it’s time for your medication” he said knowing that she hates medicine and will find all means to avoid taking it.

“Please Taengoo, I don’t wanna eat it. I’ll just get plenty of rest, I’ll get better eventually.” She pleaded with aegyo that never fails to melt him. ‘I must not give in’ he mentally warned himself.

“You have to take it Sooyeon or your condition will get worse and Tiffany’s gonna kill me if she finds out that I let you skip eat. So please save me and yourself from her wrath”

Understanding what he meant, she finally complied. Soon after, he laid her back and got her to sleep. Once again, she made him stay with her and he complied.  He lied next to her and stared at the ceiling.

“Taengoo”

“Yes?”

“Where have you been? I went to your apartment and it feels like you no longer live there..”

“I’m sorry..”

“Why can’t you give us another chance?” she asked as she turned to face him. They gaze longingly at each other but Taeyeon broke the gaze as he darted his eyes to the ceiling.

“Because in the end, you will still be hurt. No matter what I do, you will still be hurt just like how you were before and I don’t want you to experience that again nor do I ever wanna see you like that and it’s all because of me.”.

“I’ve told you over and over again that it doesn’t matter as long as we’re together. As long as we have each other, we’ll get through it like we always do..”

“Taengoo, all your songs links back to me. Everything is based on your feelings and you still feel the same way as I do. So, what’s stopping you? You broke down in shows when you shared our story. We’re both hurting and we know how we can stop the pain”

“Sooyeon, you don’t see things from my perspective and I can honestly tell you that when I saw you at the wedding, you looked much better than before. You looked more healthy and happier, just like how you were before I chose this career. Whoever the guy is, he made you happy and that’s what I wanted for you.. So maybe, you can give him a chance cos for all you know, he could do it better than me.”

“Really? You’re going with that? Are you sure that you’ll be fine if I end up with him? Are you sure that you can stand seeing some other guy kiss me and having their hands roaming all over my body?”

She definitely knows how to trigger him. The thought of another man kissing her and claiming her as his is something that he’ll never be able to bear but if he makes her happy, than he’ll just have to accept it. He kept silent and didn’t reply her.

“Thought so.” She said as she caressed his face.

“I miss you” she added.

“You should get some rest now” he said, changing the topic. He pulled the duvet higher and placed a wet towel on her forehead. He was about to get up when she pulled him back. He got the message and lied next to her.

“Hug me please” He complied at her request and pulled her close to him. He started singing 2 is Better than One for her as a lullaby.

 

“Where have you been? Did you find her?” she asked.

“She’s fine Miyoung. I need you to come over to her place now.” He said and ended the call. He made another call to his manager and told him to pick him up.

He took a last glance at her before exiting the room. He went to the living room and waited for the girl to arrive. While waiting, he wrote a note for the girl so that she can take care of his princess well. Shortly after, the bell rang and he opened the door only to find all the girls standing before him including his beloved sister.

“Well, I didn’t except a group but it’s good that you guys came. She can use the company. She’s in her room resting right now. I wrote down some notes for you on the dining table so just follow it.”

“She’s sick?!”

“She was caught in the rain. Keep your volume down, alright? I have to g now. See you guys.” He left before any of the girls could say anything. He reached the basement and saw the guys before him. He was shocked but just smiled at them.

“How are you hyung?”

“I’m fine Yoong”

“We need to meet up and talk Taeng” Hyo told his cousin. He nodded his head, understanding what he meant. “I’ll call you guys when I’m free and we could meet up.”

“What happened with Jessica? Where did you find her?” Yul asked. Before Taeyeon could answer, his manager arrived in the car in front of them.

“Nothing happened guys. Anyway, my ride’s here. See you guys.” The guys just shook their head watching their friend run off just like that. They turned around and made their way up to the girls.

“How is she Taeyeon?” the manager asked.

“She’s resting right now. I called her cousin but all of them came instead. That’s even better I guess.”

“Did you guys talk?”

“I just stayed and took care of her. We didn’t really talk. By the way, I need you to drop me off somewhere. “

“Where? Why?”

“I need to get my car. I left it there yesterday.”

“Alright. Where is the place?”

 

“I can’t really tell where but you’ll just drop me nearby the place.”

“Why so secretive?”

“Because that place is mine and Jessica’s secret place. None of our friends know of the place..”

“Alright”