Chapter 3

Goodnight My Love

He sat on the hard and cold tiles, hugging his knees and crying his heart out. No one has ever seen him in such state for he always displayed a strong façade and never once showed his true feelings. The only one that has seen him cry was the person that he called his angel. She has seen through him and he can never lie to her. She was not just a lover but his best friend. The person that he confided to and shared all his stories with. The person that he created tons of precious memories with, the one that made his heart flutter each time they’re inches away from each other. The only one that can make him vulnerable.

He sat there lifeless for a good 2o minutes. His right hand knuckles was flowing with blood. Some tiles were covered with blood. He ignored the pain and just sat there and started humming to a tune…

*Flashback*

It was the first day of the week. I was actually looking forward to school since I’m gonna see her. The weekend was a torture for me for images of her kept playing in my head and I just can’t get her out of my mind. She was all I thought of over the weekend. I arrived school earlier than usual and met up with the gang.

“Oh, look, it’s our little romeo. You’re unusually early. Expecting to meet someone, I assume?” said Sooyoung with a smirk.

“What? What nonsense are you talking about?” he stuttered

“You don’t have to pretend hyung.. We saw you going off with her on Friday and you didn’t even tell us about it..” Yoong said with sly grin.

“Yah man. It’s so obvious that you like her. You’re usually very cool but dude, you poured mustard on your fries!” Yul added on.

“You’re just over thinking things. We just met. How is that possible.” I rebut.

“What’s possible?” a gentle voice responded. He turned around and was shocked to see the girls standing right behind him and the girl that has been running around in is head was standing right before him. He was tongue tied and froze at the moment. His eyes were fixed at the girl that was making his heart pound furiously.

“Snap out of it man!” Hyoyeon smacked his back and startled him.

“Huh? What?” he had a confused look on his face and he caught her chuckling at him. Smooching sound caught his attention and as he turned his head, he saw the other couples making out. Yul was literally eating up Tiffany, Sooyoung was being all cutesy with Sunny. Hyoyeon and Woori was giving each other pecks and the maknae, Yoong and Seohyun was about to get intimate..

“Yah! Don’t you dare show PDA in front of me. I do not want to see what you have done to my little innocent sister. I approve of you guys but that doesn’t mean I have to see all your display of affection!” he yelled at Yoong and gave a disapprove look.

“No fair. She’s no longer a kid, hyung! Besides, it’s only a matter of time before you get to do what we do!” he replied with a grin.

“What the hell.. Aish, you guys are so inconsiderate. There are people who are not in relationship right here..” he muttered.

““Ring””

The gang stopped their argument and headed to class. Yoong and Seohyun separated from the group as they were their junior and attended different class. It turns out that Jessica is taking the same classes as you and the gang. They went to their respective seats and Taeyeon noticed that Tiffany was sitting with Yul. He looked around to look for Jessica to ask her to sit beside you but was nowhere to be found. You hunched your shoulder and laid your head on the table.

“Hey, is this seat taken?” and angelic voice woke you and you turned around and was welcomed by the sweetest smile you have ever since and by angelic face. You stood up and pulled out the chair for her instantly.

“Sure, anything for a princess like you” you whispered to her ear as she sat down. You saw her blushed and you could not refrain from smiling.

“You look cute when you blush..” he said to her with a cheeky tone. He couldn’t help but to . She looked away and you knew she was embarrassed. You just kept quiet and sat there while staring at her side profile.

“Don’t you know it’s rude to stare?”

“I know, but I can’t help it when there’s a beautiful girl sitting right next to me and besides, she won’t turn around to look at me or talk to me…”

“You’re quite a charmer aren’t you? You must have used that line a lot of times to get girls, right?”

“Nope, I only use it when they truly deserve it..” he looked at her and winked.

They sat there and talked throughout the lesson, unaware of the 4 pairs of eyes that were observing them.

“Baby, look at them! They’re so flirting with each other right now and they’re in school!” she shrieked.

“Shhh baby! Not so loud. The class will hear you.”

“Oops! Can’t help it. I’m just so excited and happy for them. I mean, what if things really work out for them? I mean Taeng is clearly into her!”

“Yeah, I can’t wait to later during lunch.” Yul replied with a sly grin.

“Yahh! But don’t go overboard!”

“Bunny, look at them go. They’re totally hitting off well!”

“You’re right Sooyoungie. I think they’re gonna work out. I think Jessica is the perfect match for him. Wait till he serenades her with his voice…She’s totally gonna melt!” she shrieked.

“Yah! I’m beside you and you’re talking about Taeng like that?!” he scowled. He looked away with a frown.

“Awww. Is my Soo baby jealous? Awww, baby just because he has an amazing voice, doesn’t mean he attracts me. He’s too sweet for me. It’s not easy to keep him since there are a lot of girls that likes him.” She gave him a kiss on his cheeks and did aegyo to him knowing that he’ll melt at the sight.

“Aish. I can never stay mad at you for so long. You’re too cute and irresistible.” He sighed jokingly.

It was already lunch and they all made their way to the cafeteria where Yoong and Seohyun were waiting for them. Taeyeon and Jessica sat next to each other and were caught up in their own conversation, ignoring the rest of the gang.

“Wow. What are they now? A couple? They’re not even talking to us!” asked Yoong.

“Oppa!” Seohyun called out to her brother but was ignored. He has never ignored her before.

“Oppa!!” Seohyun raised her voice to get her brother’s attention.

“Huh? Yes? Did you call me Seohyun-ah?” He asked in soft voice. He noticed the pout on his sister’s face and felt guilty.

“I’m so sorry Seohyun-ah. Forgive oppa? I’ll get you the latest edition on the Keroro that you showed me last week?”

“Really? Promise?” she took out her pinky and waited for him to do the same.

“I promise.” He chuckled at his little sister’s cuteness.

The gang laughed at the cute moment between the siblings and shook their heads.

“You guys were so engrossed in your own world that you even ignored your sister! You’ve never ignore her before Taeyeon-ah.” Hyo said while smiling.

“Aish, we were just talking that’s all.” He replied sheepishly while rubbing the back of his neck. Jessica just sat there and let Taeyeon handle the situation.

“Aren’t you guys hungry? Let’s go and grab lunch before lunch ends.” He quickly added hoping to distract them and make them forget about the conversation. Just like he had expected, all of them nodded their head and the guys stood up to buy the food for themselves and their partner. He had expected Tiffany to ask Jessica what she wanted but seeing that she was talking to Woori, he decided to ask her instead.

“Hey, what would you like to eat? I’ll go and get it for you.” He whispered to her. She looked up and saw him looking at her with a smile.

“It’s okay, I can get it myself.”

“I’ll get it for you. I insist.”

“Nope, I’ll go with you since I don’t know what’s for lunch..” she stood up and walked pass him. He immediately turned around and caught up with her. He followed her and queued in line with her so that she was not alone.

“What are you doing after school today?”

“Not sure yet. The girls didn’t mention anything. Why?”

“Just asking.”

They joined the gang and ate their lunch. All of them talked and laughed together until Sunny voice out something.

“Ah, I just remembered something that I wanted to ask. Sica, what after school program do you intend to join?” Everyone looked at her and then to Jessica, waiting for a reply.

“Erm, I’m not sure yet. Is it compulsory cos if it’s not, I would rather just sleep.”

“Sorry guys, I forgot to tell that Jessica here loves to sleep and eat. Other than that, she does nothing.”

“Hah, you better take note of that Taeyeon” Woori added.

Taeyeon was shocked by the information and turned his head to look at her.

“Seriously? That’s all you do?!”

“Fany’s exaggerating. Of course not. I just prefer to sleep than anything else. When I need to shop, I’ll go shopping etc.” she replied and glared at Tiffany who was sitting across.

“But what activities are available? What activities are you guys in?” she asked curiously.

“Me,Taeng and Yoong are in the football team” said Yul.

“Hyo and me are in the dance club” said Sooyoung.

“Ouh, I had expected you guys to be into the same thing. So the 2 of you are dancers and the 3 of you are footballers? That’s nice. What about the girls?”

“Me and Sunny unnie are in the drama club” maknae Seohyun said.

“Me and Tiffany are in the cheerleading group!” Woori replied.

“Actually, Taeyeon oppa is also in drama club.” Seohyun added.

“You’re in the drama club? Seriously?” Jessica asked with a sceptic look.

“You’re surprise aren’t you Jessie? But believe it or not, this guy has an amazing voice. He sings very well. He joined the club because Seohyun pleaded for him to join and being the soft hearted brother he is, he gave in to her request. Because of his voice, he’s got tons of female fans in school. You better watch out if you’re gonna date him.”

“Wow. I never expected that from a shorty like you.” She laughed.

“Yah! You’re not that tall either sleepy head.”

“You got him Jessica noona. He’s sensitive about height, especially since his younger sister is much more taller than him..” Yoong said with a grin.

“Hey..I’m sorry” she desperately tried to get him to forgive her but he completely ignored her. ‘Is he really offended? I never expected him to be so sensitive. What should I do? What should I do?!’ she tried to come up with ways to get his attention but he continued to ignore her.

‘Haha, it’s fun teasing her. I bet she’s worried and feel guilty right now..’ he thought.

“Ring”

Taeyeon stood up and quickly left the gang to make his way back to class. Jessica just stared at his figure as he disappeared within the crowd.

“Seohyun-ah, what am I supposed to do? Your brother seems to be really angry at me..” she asked.

“Knowing him, I don’t think he’s angry at you, unnie. Why don’t you follow him back to class and talk to him. I’m sure he’ll forgive you.” She replied with a wink.

Jessica immediately went back to class like Seohyun asked her to. She could not stand him being mad at her. She did not like that. She liked his attention. Each time they were talking, he always listened attentively like she’s the only one that mattered.

**

“I bet Taeyeon oppa will be happy to see Jessica unnie. Knowing him, I bet he’s teasing her..”

“Hah. I knew it.  Taeyeon hyung never drags this kind of thing. The most he would do is usually glare and well sometimes hit you.”

“I knew that midget had something up his sleeves.” Soo smirked.

“Yah, stop caling him midget. I’m offended and so is Hyoyeon.” Sunny said as she smacked Sooyoung.

“Yah! Don’t drag me in! I’m not as short as you, Sunkyu. You’re the shortest in the group!” Hyo objected.

“Aww, don’t be mean to Sunkyu, Hyo..” woori added.

“Yah! Don’t you dare tease my bunny like that. You,Taeng and Jessica are all danshin! Face it! Hahaha.”

“Okay okay. Stop it guys. We’re gonna be late for class if we continue with this argument. Look, Sunny, Hyoyeon, Taeyeon and Jessica are all danshin. Don’t even try to deny it you guys. Now, get up and let’s head back to class before we all get detention.” Tiffany said with a stern look on her face.

“Yes mom” everyone replied.

**

“Are you seriously still mad at me? I already apologized to you what else do you want me to say?” Jessica pouted.

“I’ll do anything you want. Please forgive me, Taengoo”

‘Aish. She’s so cute and her pout, who can resist such a look? & what the heck is a Taengoo? Oh, this is my chance. She said she’ll do anything, so she has to agree to my suggestions! Hehehe.’ Taeyeon’s train of thoughts ended when she felt a soft pair of hands wrapped his hands. He looked down and saw her hand over his. His ears and face turned red.

“I forgive you but you must never talk about my height again. & for your info, I’m taller than Sunny and Hyoyeon.”

“Okay, I’ll never touch on that topic again..”

“Also, what is a Taengoo?” Taeng asked looking confused.

“Err, well, Taengoo is you… A nickname that I created..” she muttered

“It’s cute Sica. Thank you. Only you can call me that from now on!” He grinned.

“Oh, by the way, you said you will do anything if I forgive you right..?”

“Yes…”

“Great! Cos I already have something in mind and you will have to agree to it.” He smiled.

“What is it..?”

“Go out on a date with me.”

“Seriously?” her eyed were wide open upon hearing his words.

“Yes”

“So is that a yes or no? If not, it’s fine, than. I’ll forgive you and just ask someone else out to watch a movie with me.”  As he finished his sentence, he stood up and pushed his chair back and walked towards another table where another girl was seating.

She turned and watched him walk and felt jealousy slowly burning. He was chatting happily with the girl and she was touching his hands and he did nothing about it. She saw the girl pulled him closer and whispered something to him. She couldn’t stand their interactions any longer and immediately stood up, causing a loud screeching sound from the chair and marched towards the duo.

She walked up to them and placed her hand on his shoulder and slid it down to his arm and wrapped her hand around it while looking at him sweetly.

“I’m sorry for interrupting but I need to borrow him for a while in private.” She smirked at the girl. The other girl gritted her teeth and watched Jessica pull Taeyeon away without waiting for her reply and noticed that he willingly followed her and was smiling widely.

They went back to their sit and Jessica still had her hands wrapped around his arm. She leaned closer to him,“ You’re such a player. One moment you asked a girl out, the next you go up to another girl and flirt with her?” she whispered.

He stiffened at their close contact and tried really hard to control himself. He looked straight and avoided looking at her as he did not want to lose his control.

“I’m not a player. I’m just friendly. You didn’t wanna go out with me, so I asked someone else.. That’s not wrong, right?”

“It’s wrong because you walked away before I could even answer!” she said and slapped his hand.

“Owww! What was that for!”

“For walking away from me! Anyway, I’ve got an answer for you now..”

“Answer to what?” he asked looking at her with his brows raised.

“I’ll go out with you”

“Sure? You’d go out with someone you called player?”

“I guess you’ll have to prove to me that you’re not a player..”

“Alright. I’ll prove it to you, princess.”