Chapter 18

Goodnight My Love

“So I’m guessing that you’ll just sit there and watch me, huh?”

“Yup. It’s been a while since I’ve admired your back view. I’ve missed it a lot baby.” She happily said and grinned knowing that he can sense her happiness.

“Enjoy it while you can princess. You won’t get to admire it often..

She jerked upon his words. ‘Why won’t I be able to check him out often??’ she pondered while staring at his back. Unable to get any answers, she stood up and pushed the chair back and tiptoed to him and hugged him from the back.

 

“Why won’t I get to admire it often, hmm?” she asked as she rest her head in the crook of his neck and plant soft kisses along his jaw while waiting for an answer.

“Because… You have to share me with the world.” He answered and laughed away due to the ticklish feeling.

“Awww. But even if I have to share, you’ll eventually come home to me and you’ll only love me and you’ll only make love to me..” she answered him while hiding her face as her cheeks warm up. ‘What a bold answer Jessica Jung!’ she mentally scolds herself.

“Wow. I can’t believe you just said that out aloud. I bet your cheeks are turning red and getting hot, right Miss Jung?”

“Shut up” she whispered as she pinched his waist. A loud laughter erupted, breaking the silence in the kitchen.

“So.. Miss Jung, you miss making love with me, aye? Which part do you miss, hmm?” he asked, continuing to knowing full well that she’s blushing furiously and was clearly embarrassed by her own words.

“C’mon. Help me set the table and get the plates. Dinner is almost ready.” He said as he released the hands wrapped around his waist.

“I can’t wait to tell the girls about us. I bet they’d feel so relieved that we stopped running in circles!” Jessica said as she took a sip of her drink. Not getting the anticipated response from her man, she looked up only to see him in deep thoughts. ‘He’s still amazingly adorable and charming, even when he’s deep in thought’ she said to herself.

“What are you thinking about, Taengoo?”

“I was thinking, maybe we don’t have to tell them immediately..” he answered with a mischievous smirk on his face.

She knew that look too well. Although her boyfriend is a well-known, talented and mature guy, he still had his playful side. She knew that he had something up his sleeves and so far, all his pranks have been amazingly awesome.

“What are you thinking of Kim Taeyeon? What do you have in mind, huh?”

“Well, nothing much.. I was just thinking maybe we should just give them a big shock one of these days…Preferably next weekend,  at a certain restaurant..” he told her with his brows raised.

 

“Yul, do you think we should accompany Jessie tonight?” Tiffany asked her boyfriend as she looked away from th tv to see him.

“Errr, why?”

“Pabo! Today is Taengsic’s Anniversary! This marks their 7 years together..” Tiffany told him with a frown and smacked his arm.

“Ouch! No need to get violent Fany!” he answered as he rubbed his arm.

“As for your answer, I don’t think you should go over. I think she would like to be alone.. Afterall, it’s their special day. Even if they’re not together, she’s bound to reminisce the times they spent together..”

“Don’t worry too much. We’re all trying our best to be there for both of them but we must also know when to give them space to be alone babe. If she needs you, she’ll call and when she does, we’ll all be there for her.” He said as he pulled her closer. She smiled and nodded her head.

 

“Yoong, do you think I should call oppa or Jessica unnie?”

“Erm, why do you have to call them?”

“Today is their anniversary Yoong! I’m torn between being there for oppa or Jessica unnie.”

“If you ask me, I would say Taeyeon hyung because you’re his sister. You don’t have to worry about noona because Tiffany noona will be there for her.. If anything, worry about hyung because he’s all alone. He doesn’t really contact us much afterall..”

“Maybe I should call him now. Will you be okay with it?”

“Why do you even need my permission, hyunnie? You’re calling your brother. Besides, I also wanna know how he’s holding up..” he said and gave her a smile. She fish out her phone from her bag and pressed 1. Kim Taeyeon is number 1 on her speed dial because she believes that her dear brother will always come running to her and will always protect her no matter what happens.

 

Shutting the world out, the pair spent the remaining of their night cuddled together as they watch a movie that the girl had selected. They’re more focused on each other rather than the movie. The room was dimmed as scented candles were the only source of light in the room. They were in their own world, with the sound of the crowd so far away.

“Arghh. Who’s that ruining the moment!” Jessica groaned in frustration at the intrusion. He just chuckled and shook his head and he reached out for his phone. He smiled upon seeing the ID and gave the poor girl a hand sign, telling her to wait. She rolled her eyes at him and faced the tv with her arms crossed and a pout.

“Don’t pout baby. You know it makes me weak..” he said before answering the call.

“Hey Seohyun” he answered.

“Oppa, how are you today?”

“I’m fine, thank you. What’s with the sudden question dongsaeng?”

“Aaah.. I was just wondering how you’re coping since today is supposedly your anniversary with Jessica unnie..” she answered back.

“Why do you sound so sad saying it, Seohyun? Oppa’s fine. It’s not like I spent the day alone. I was constantly surrounded with people.” He answered as he looked towards his love and smiled.

“I was just afraid that you’ll be alone today and that it will be hard to cope… and if you were lonely, I would’ve come and look for you and spent the day with you..” she said sadly.

“Aah.. Aah.. N..No worries Hyu..Hyunnie.. I’m to..tally fine. L..like I said, I’m not alone today.” He tried to finish his sentence without making her suspicious. He turned and looked at brunette that looked at him innocently. ‘Don’t do that! She’s gonna get suspicious!’ he mouthed at her while giving her a glare. She continued to pretending to be innocent and blinked her eyes at him, making him melt.

“Oppa, are you okay? Why are you stuttering?”

“I..I’m okay Hyunnie.. I’m just a bit cold r..right now..” he answered. The other girl was already straddling him, making it more difficult for him to control himself. It didn’t help that she was nibbling along his jaw line as well as crook of his neck. He was already panting and trying very hard to control himself.

“Seohyun-ah, c..can I call y..you b..back later? I..I’m kind of in a mid..middle of som..something right n..now” he said and quickly hung up without waiting for her reply. Without wasting anytime, he turned and pushed her onto the sofa as he hovered over her.

 

“You were very naughty princess. That wasn’t a fair play, was it? Poor Seohyun, can’t even have a decent conversation with her dearest brother..” he said as he inched closer to her ear, emitting hot breath which made her shudder. He slowly nibbled on her earlobe, followed by her jaw line, neck and collarbone. He proceeded to kiss her forehead and nose. He knew she was dying to be kissed but he continued teasing her, making her more aggressive.

She pulled him down and removed any gaps between them as she kissed him hard. Her hands circled around his neck and pulled him closer to her. He gave in to her demand and deepened the kiss. Just as it was beginning to get hot, the sound of cell phone ringing ruins their hot moment, again.

“I believe that’s yours princess. You should probably answer it.” He said as he handed her the phone. She shook her head and refused to answer it. Instead, she pulled her back down and kissed him hard on the lips. Her hands roaming around his body as it made its way beneath his t-shirt. She slid the t-shirt up and just as it was about to be removed, another ring bothered them.

“You should just answer it and get it over and done with..” he said as he pulled down his shirt and handed her the phone with a grin. She took the phone and looked at the ID. Another frustrated growl was heard before she answered the phone.

“Control yourself and don’t let the cat out Sooyeon. Remember our plan.” He reminded her before letting her answer the call as he already knew who it was. She just rolled her eyes and stuck her tongue out to him.

“Hello” she answered unenthusiastically.

“Jessie. What are you doing?”

“Sleeping and you just ruined it.” She answered as she looked at him with a pout. He leaned forward and kissed the pout away.

“Are you lonely? Do you want me to come over and accompany you?”

“N..No! I don’t need you to come over. I wanna sleep Miyoung..”

“Are you sure? Today is supposedly your anniversary Jessie..”

“Yes, it’s my anniversary but I’m fine Miyoung. I got past it and now that night is here, all I wanna do is sleep. Can you please let me sleep now??”

“Are you sure? You’re not lying, right? Or do you want me to get Krystal over?”

“Tiffany Hwang. I am seriously fine. Yes, I feel lonely but really I’m okay. I’m not mourning or whatsoever. So please, don’t treat me like a kid and let me go back to sleep.”

“Alright.. If you say so Jessie. See you at the office tomorrow. Goodnight.”

“See you. Goodnight” she quickly hanged up and tossed the phone to the side. She turned to look at him and saw him smiling away with his face towards the tv. She quietly crawled on top of him, blocking his view from the tv.

“Should we continue where we left off?” She asked seductively as she kissed him. She felt him smile against her lips and pulled away to see him grinning like a kid.

“Let’s go to bed.”  It wasn’t a request but an order in which she happily obliged. She was about to get off him when he stood up and lifted her up as well. With her legs around his hips, he swiftly lifted her up and wrapped his hands around her back. They made their way into the room and Taeyeon closed the door with his leg as he proceeded to the bed and gently lay her onto the mattress. He hovered over her, leaving her anticipating for his advances but boy was she wrong. Instead of “diving” into her, he just nuzzled into her neck and turn over to face the ceiling. Feeling frustrated with his actions, she turned to her side and stared at him.

“What are you doing Taengoo?”

“Sleeping, what else.” He answered nonchalantly. Deep inside, he knows that she’s frustrated with him for not making any moves but he’s just exhausted and all he wants to do is just lay next to her and sleep.

“Baby, I wanna make up for all the sleepless nights that I’ve had for the past months. Tonight, for the first time, I’m very sure I’m gonna have the best sleep ever because you’re with me…” he said so charmingly, trying to please her.

“You always know the right words to say Taengoo. Now that you’ve put it like that, I have to agree to. Nothing beats sleeping with you holding me close and singing me a lullaby.”

“The pleasure’s mine.” He smiled and hugged her close. Legs tangled and her head rests on his bare chest, while his left hand gently stoking her hair.  She hugs him tightly.

“I don’t ever want to spend another day without you Taengoo. The past few months made me realise that I’m nothing without you. You complete me. I love you so much that it frightens me, Taengoo.”

“Me too baby” he breathes.

“My life would be empty without you. All this success and fame means nothing if I can’t share it with you. I love you so much Sooyeon.” He whispers and kissed her temple. His hand glides down her arms, folds over her hands. His fingers laced with mine, palm kissing.

It’s been so long since both of them had a peaceful night and shared warmth together. He began singing ‘Two is Better Than One’ and slowly, both of them drifted to sleep with wide smiles plastered on their faces.