Chapter 11

Goodnight My Love

A/n:Hi everyone! I've been away for so long and trutfully, I've missed writing and reading all your comments! My sincere apology for being absent for too long. School will always be my number one priority therefore during school period, it's unlikely that I will write new chapters. However, since I'm having semester break, I'm trying to get back my mood into writing again. 

I'm conflicted between focusing on this story first or my other story, Wedding Bells. Suggestions anyone? So anyways, since I've been away for a while, I've decided to do a double post to make up for my absence. So, I earnestly hope that you guys will give me more comments and give me the motivation and inspiration for this story because I'm reaching a dead end. I'm looking forward to some ideas, readers!Enjoy the update!

DO NOT FORGET TO LEAVE ME AWESOME COMMENTS AND FEEDBACKS~

 

“Hyung, where are you? I’ve landed.”

“I’m at the entrance Taeyeon. You’ll be able to spot me once you step out. Anyway, are you wearing any disguise?”

“Nope. Just my shades hyung.”

“Okay.”

He went to the baggage area to collect his bag and headed out. He had his cap and shades on to avoid being noticed by others. He’s disguise failed, as usual and lights started flashing, snapping pictures of him. He immediately made a dash and tried to make his escape. Thankfully, his manager was all ready for him. His manager spotted him and immediately went to his aid. He immediately rushed him out of the airport and into the car.

“How was your trip Taeng?” his manager asked.

“It was okay..”

“You didn’t really get over it did you? You’re still hurting, aren’t you?”

“Yeah.. Anyways, do you think it’s possible if I wanna add a few elements for the concert in Seoul?”

“What do you wanna add?”

“I wanna have a special performance.”

“Alright. We’ll discuss with the management and see if it’s possible but you do have everything planned right? Cos it’ll be easier if you do..” he told as he had eyes on the road.

“Yup. I’ve got everything planned out. Where are we heading to now?”

“We’re heading to the company for a while. After that, I’ll send you home and explain your schedules to you, alright?”

“Sure”

“Taeng?”

“Yeah hyung?”

“Do you want to talk about it?”

“Not now Hyung..”

“Alright. Whenever you need to talk, you know you can just tell me.”

He nodded to his words and closed his eyes to take a short rest.

 

“Seems like Taeng is back” Sunny said.

“How’d you know?” Woori asked.

“His pictures were taken a few hours ago at the airport. He must’ve returned to continue with his practices.” Sunny said.

“Taeyeon’s back? When did he return? I need to find him!” A loud voice filled the room. Both girls turned to see Jessica barging in to the room.

“Jessica calm down! We only know that he’s return but we don’t know where he’s heading to. C’mon Sica, you’ve been doing well for a while now..” Sunny told her.

“I’ve missed him Sunny. I missed him so much.” She stormed off and grabbed her car keys along the way. She drove through a familiar route, a route that she frequents. She reached her destination and saw a familiar car. She immediately made her way to the apartment and punched in the 4 digit code. When she entered, no one was home. She figured that the owner has yet to return. She made herself comfortable and took a seat on the couch and waited patiently for the owner to return.

 

“So is it possible for me to add changes to the performance?”

“Definitely, it’s not too late to make any changes. But do you have it all planned what you wanna do so that we don’t waste time and ensure the flow of the concert..”

“Yeap. I’ll show it to you by tomorrow? I’ll drop by the venue with my laptop and show it to you? I’ll bring everything that I need tomorrow, okay?”

“Sounds great. Alright. That’s all for now. Go home and get some rest Taeyeon.”

“Thanks Sunsaengnim.”

After the long discussion with the company, he’s finally heading back to his place. His manager was driving him back.

“Is the special performance for her?”

“Yeah, I hope she comes..”

“I’m sure she’ll be there” he assured him.

“Anyway, here’s your schedule lists. Look it up and if there’s anything that you wanna clarify or you don’t wish to do any schedules, tell me alright?” he told his artist.

“Got it. Goodnight hyung!” he waved and walked off. He waited for the elevator and made his way to his apartment. For some reason, he feels like someone’s here but he wasn’t too sure. He punched in the code and entered his apartment. A familiar scent infiltrated his nose. ‘She’s here’ he thought. He switched on the light and just as he had expected, there she was, seated by the balcony.

 

“Why are you here Sooyeon?”

“To see you Taengoo”

“Sooyeon,..”

“I miss you Taengoo. I miss you so much” she said and walked towards him. She stood before him look right into his brown orbs before circling her hands around his neck and pulling him close.

“This is not right Sooyeon. You have to forget me and move on. I can’t be there for you and I’ve broken you far too many times. I can’t stand seeing you like that.. Please don’t make this harder for me, for us Sooyeon.” He said as he pulled her hands away and gently cupped her cheeks.

He stared longingly into her beautiful brown orbs and gently kissed her forehead and down to the tip of her nose and finally her lips. His lips linger for a while before breaking apart. His lips twisted into a frown and tears welled in his eyes as he slowly took steps away from her. She grabbed his hands before he could walk further away from her.

“I love you Kim Taeyeon and you know that. You freed me from the pain but did you know that I’m willing to go through it because of you? I’ll go through it over and over again if it means being with you, Taeyeon.”

“Then I’m being selfish Sooyeon. Can you honestly tell me that you’re fine with hiding your identity whenever we go out? That you’re fine not being able to kiss me in public? That you’re fine whenever I broke my promise and failed to be there for you? I’ve missed a few important dates in our lives Sooyeon and I know you’re hurt by it. Even though I tried to make it up to you, I know it wasn’t enough and I know it hurt you bad. I also know that there’s guy hitting on you Sooyeon and as much as I’m thankful and glad that you ignore them, I can’t help but feel that maybe you should give them a chance Sooyeon. I can’t even bear to look at you right in the eye without having the urge to cry. You’re hurt and tired Sooyeon…”

“Which part of I love you don’t you understand Kim Taeyeon?!” she snapped and punched him endlessly with tears streaming down.

“Don’t cry for me baby. I’m unworthy of your precious tears. I’m undeserving of your love. You deserve better and that’s not me. I know sorry isn’t enough to make up for everything but I’m truly sorry.” He said as he wiped away her tears, unaware of the streams of tears rolling down his cheeks. He pulled her close and hugged her, gently her hair.

Finally, he pulled away and cupped her face and look at her through his blurred vision. He kissed away every single one of her tears from her eyes and her nose and down to her lips. It lasted longer than before with all his emotions poured into that last kiss between them.

Silence once again accompanied her as he walked away, leaving her alone in his apartment. She crumbled and fell to the ground, shouting out his name, longing for his return.

 

Flashback

Taking a last look at himself in the mirror, he finally stepped out of his room with a bouquet of Pink and White Daisy flowers. He passed by Seohyun’s room and his jaw dropped.

“You look amazing Seohyun-ah” he was blown away by her. He waited for her to finish and walked down with her hands around his arms.

“Oh my gosh. Look at my babies. Dear! Come quick. You’ve got to see them” Mrs Kim shouted out to her husband. He reached her and was equally stunned.

“Wow. The two of you look amazing. Well, we’re the Kim afterall.” He said proudly and went over to his two kids.They took a family picture before they went off.

“I gotta go now. Don’t wanna be late. See you later Seohyun.” He kissed Mrs Kim and left. Instead of his Lexus, he took his father’s Bentley and drove off. He stopped by a florist to get a corsage as well a bouquet of lilies. ‘I hope I won’t look like an idiot later on. I regret not asking Appa for advice.’ Throughout the journey to the Hwang’s mansion, Taeyeon was stressing and cursing at himself for not learning how to dance well. He didn’t wanna appear like an idiot right before Jessica.

 

“Where is he?! He said he’s reaching soon. I bet everyone’s already there now. Argh! I’m so gonna kill him later for being late!” she shouted in frustration.

“Be patient my dear. I’m sure he’s just running a little late. He’s probably reaching already” Mrs Hwang, her aunty comforted her. She nodded and smiled at her. The sound of engine was heard. Mrs Hwang took a peek to see who it is.

“See, I told you he was on his way. I have to say he looks dashing Jessica.” She dear niece. Before she could reply to her, a knock was heard.

“Aah, Taeyeon you look dashing.”

“Thank you Mrs Hwang. Erm, I’m here for Jessica.”

“She’s been fuming. You better make up to her Taeyeon” she told him and went back in to get Jessica.

He stood outside at the doorstep with his head down and the flowers behind his back. He’s heart was pounding furiously and he was anxious. He heard footsteps nearing and he tried to calm his nerves. ‘, is my tie okay? Is my hair okay? Do I look presentable?’ questions after question bombarded his head and anxiety attacked him.

“Hey” the sweet and melodious voice was heard and he slowly lifted his head. He couldn’t take his eyes off her. She was simply beautiful and breathe taking. ‘Is she really my girlfriend? What did I ever do to deserve a goddess in my life?’ His jaw literally dropped at the sight of her.

“H..Hi. You look beautiful.” He stuttered. He couldn’t take his eyes off her. He was mesmerized by her beauty.

“You look hot and handsome too.” Jessica said.

“This is for the beautiful princess.” He handed her the bouquet of flower.

“It’s beautiful Taengoo, Thank you.” She kissed his cheeks and smiled at him adoringly.

“Oh, not to forget your corsage” he said as he took out the corsage from his pocket. She held out her hands and waited for him to put in on for her. After he did, he kissed her and she deepened the kiss. Unfortunately, they had to break the kiss due to the lack of air. Taeyeon held out his hand for her and led her to the car.

“New car baby?”

“No. It’s my dad’s. I don’t think my car is appropriate for prom.” He answered. He opened the car for her and waited for her to step in and made his way to the driver’s seat. He ignited the engine and waited for her to fasten the seatbelt before driving off.

“I wanna have my own car.” Jessica said.

“Why do you need it? I can drive you around.”

“You’re not my chauffeur Taengoo. As much as I like the fact that you’re willing to do that, you’re my boyfriend.”

“Alright princess” the journey was lively as the complimented each other non-stop and just talked.

 

They reached their destination and made their way in and as usual, all eyes were on them as they walked in to the ballroom. Their eyes scanned around for the 8 faces and they finally spot them at the lounge area. They head over and the girls were all complimenting each other while the guys just watch.

“Baby, why do you look so nervous? Are you okay?” she asked him as they swayed to the music.

“I..I’m nervous. I’ve never done anything like this.” He answered truthfully.

“Done anything like what?”

“I’ve never danced with anyone before and you’re the first. I’m bad at this”

“You’re nervous because you’ve never been to a prom or what?”

“What? No. I’ve been to a prom it’s just that I’ve never danced with someone I love before. You’re the first and I don’t really know how to dance..”

“That’s really sweet baby and I’m honoured that you’re having your first dance with me..” She answered. Suddenly, an idea popped up in her head and she released her hands that were around his neck and pulled him away from the crowd.

“Hey, where are we going? Why are you dragging me away? Did I say something..? Or did Something??” he anxiously asked. He looked at the direction that they were heading and realised that they’re on the way to the rooftop. ‘Why the hell are we going up here??’

“Why are we here Sooyeon? We’re gonna miss the dance.”

“No, we’re not.”

“Yes we are! C’mon let’s go”

“No. I don’t think I want my first dance to be in the school hall. There’s better place to have my first dance and here we are.”

“The rooftop? This is your ideal place for a first dance??”

 

“It’s not just a rooftop. I mean look around you. We’re surrounded by beautiful flowers and plants and we’re at an open area. We’re dancing under the moonlight where the Moon and the stars are our audience. Where it’s just you and me, having our first dance together..”

“But I don’t know how to dance..”

“It’s okay.. Just follow my lead..”

*Imagine they’re both singing as they dance to it, just like the scene in HSM 3*

(Sooyeon)

Take my hand, take a breath
Pull me close and take one step
Keep your eyes locked on mine,
and let the music be our guide

(Both)

Won’t you promise me
 

(Now won’t you promise me that you’ll never forget)
We’ll keep dancing (to keep dancing) wherever we go next

(Chorus)

It’s like catching lightning the chances of finding
like you
It’s one in a million the chances of feeling the way we do
And with every step together, we just keep in getting better
So can I have this dance (Can I have this dance)
Can I have this dance

(Taeyeon)

Take my hand, I’ll take the lead
And every turn will be safe with me
Don’t be afraid, afraid to fall
You know I’ll catch you through it all

(Both)

And you can’t keep us apart (even a thousand miles
can’t keep us apart)
‘Cause my heart is (cause my heart is) wherever you are

It’s like catching lightning the chances of finding
someone like you
It’s one in a million, the chances of feeling the way
we do
And with every step together, we just keep on getting better
So can I have this dance (can I have thisdance)
Can I have this dance

(Both)

Oh no mountains too high enough, no oceans to wide
‘Cause together all night, our dance won’t stop
Let it rain, let it pour
What we have is worth fighting for
You know I believe, that we were meant to be

It’s like catching lightning the chances of finding
like you
It’s one in a million the chances of feeling the way we do
And with every step together, we just keep in getting better
So can I have this dance (Can I have this dance)
Can I have this dance

Can I have this dance
Can I have this dance…

“Did I tell you how beautiful you are?”

“You’ve mentioned it a few times..” she blushed.

“I must be the luckiest guy on Earth to have a girl like you. You’re smart, bipolar, beautiful, loving, scary… The list goes on princess” he told her while looking deep into her eyes.

“How many times are you planning to make me blush?” she asked as she pulled him even closer to her. He just chuckled at her words.

“This is definitely a significant first dance and it definitely won’t be the last dance for us..”

“Don’t ever let me go.”

“I don’t intend to..”

 

“What a lie Kim Taeyeon. You just left her all alone again. You’re such a jerk.” He shouted to himself in the hotel room. This was the price that he has to pay for choosing this career.

 

“Sica, where were you last night? Krystal called me and said you didn’t come home. Are you okay?” Tiffany asked her cousin as she walked into her office.

“I went to see Taeyeon.”

“What? Where?”

“His apartment.”

“So what happened?” she cautiously asked.

“He left. He couldn’t bear to see me. He even knew about some guys hitting on me and he wished I had given them a chance…” she trailed off.

“Jessi, maybe it’s for the best. Maybe you weren’t meant to be..”

 

“Thank you for accommodating to my request. I hope it’s not a hassle.” Taeyeon said to the group of people around him.

“It’s nothing Taeyeon-shi. So, what are the changes that you want to make?” the director ask.

“Before that, I will share with you something about me.” All heads nodded and waited for him to continue.

“I want to have special performance for someone. The performance will only happen in Seoul, not for the rest of the concert.”

“What kind?”

“I will perform Goodnight My Love, composed by me and during that performance, a video will be played on the LCD.”

“What video?”

“A video that I’ve put together. Don’t worry about the content of the video. It will be appropriate. Also, during that performance, I need you guys to look out for a lady that hopefully will attend the concert. Before that performance, look out for the lady and once I’ve acknowledge that it’s her, I want one person to go to her and hand her a bouquet of flower and halfway through the song, at the peak of the song, instead of confetti, flower petals will fall.”

“You were in love, weren’t you?” the director asked.

“I still am..” everyone silenced at his confession.

 

“So, are you guys excited for the concert tomorrow?! I’m so excited to see that midget!” Soo exclaimed.

“We already know he’s a great singer but I bet there’s gonna be a lot of awesome stages!” Tiffany squealed.

“Noona, you’re coming with us, right?” Yoong ask Jessica who was sitting at the corner quietly throughout dinner.

“Erm, I’m not sure yet.”

“Sica, you have to come and support him. I know for sure he wants you there. C’mon Sica. We didn’t even have to pay for the tickets!” Hyo urged her. All head nodded at his words and persuaded her to go to the concert.

“Unnie, oppa’s last request is that we all come to the concert. He’s been practicing very hard for the concert, unnie. Please don’t disappoint him. You presence means the world to him..” Seohyun pleaded.

“Alright. I’ll come.”

 

Hours into the performance, the time that he has been waiting for has arrived. It’s time for his special performance for him. He’s already spotted her in the audience and has confirmed with the staff if they’ve found the right person.  He has exactly 10 mins for this performance alone and he’s gonna make the best of it.

“The song that I’ll be performing now is extremely meaningful to me. It was self-composed by me so I hope you all will love it as much as I do.” He took a breath before continuing with the performance. As he started, the video started playing on the LCD behind him..

It’s been quite a long year
Like we’re being tested to face all our fears
Finally your mind will get some rest
And you’ll feel much better

When you’re laying on my chest
I’ll keep you right by my side
I feel you breathing
Close your tired eyes

Goodnight My Love
I feel you drifting
Goodby My Bestfriend
This ain’t no kind of living
Goodnight My Love
And I hold you one more time until tomorrow

While you’re deep in a dream
I’m awaken thinking of what we could have been
Could I have done something better
And made some changes?

But objects in the rear view mirror
Are closer than they seem
There’s no use grasping
When things are out of reach

Goodnight My Love
I feel you drifting
Goodby My Bestfriend
This ain’t no kind of living
Goodnight My Love
And I hold you one more time until tomorrow

Inside I’m dying
I don’t wanna let you go, we’ve worked so hard at
Outside I’m crying
My heart won’t admit what my mind already knows

And it’s getting light outside
I guess I’ll get up, Put on my clothes
And kiss you one more time
So close your tired eyes

Goodnight My Love
I feel you drifting
Goodby My Bestfriend
This ain’t no kind of living
Goodnight My Love
At least I held you one last time before tomorrow…

 

“This song is dedicated to you. I hope you know that the journey with you has been amazing and nothing can change that. All the memories we had will be kept dearly in my heart. Do know that I’ve always loved and cared for you. No one mattered more than you in my life. I’m sorry for making you go through all the pain while being with me.. No One Else Come Close to you. So, Goodnight My Love, leave it all behind and start a new wherever you are and whatever you do, I’ll always support and believe in you and this heart will always beat for you. I love you…”

He never took his eyes off her and as he was making his speech, streams of tears rolled down his cheeks. The concert hall was silence as they listened to him. The female crews also cried as they witness the scene before them.

 

Her eyes caught his. He was in pain. He was hurting just as she is. He was equally broken. As she took in every single word from the song, she realised that the moments in the song, were the moments that they had spent together before he left. The night that he had brought her back and stayed with her.

“Miss Jung, here’s for you” a voice broke her concentration as a bouquet of flower was handed to her, with a card on it. Before she could question the person, he was gone. She walked away from her spot to find a corner to read the card.

‘Just like the meaning of the flowers, I hope you know that never in million years will I ever forget you and that I truly love you and memories that we shared, will be my daily companion and I’ll cherish it till my very last breath.’

Kim Taeyeon

 

“Jessi, are you okay?” Tiffany asked as she and the rest of the gang approached her.

“Yeah, I’m fine.”

“Do you want to go home? We can go if you want..” Sunny said.

“No. I wanna stay till the end.” All heads nodded and slowly walked back to their spot.

The gang tried to go backstage to meet up with Taeyeon as they received a special pass but before they could even meet him, he was gone. Yul immediately took out his phone and start dialling.

“Taeng, where are you? We wanna see you man!”

“Ouh, I’m sorry but I’ve left the venue.”

“We know that midget! That’s why we called!” Yul shouted.

“I’m on my way to the airport now. I need to go to my next destination..”

“What?! You’ve got to be kidding man!”

“I’m not.”

“At least wait for us. We wanna see you.”

“ I don’t think that’s possible. I need to check in soon. My plane departs at 2am.”

“Damn it Kim Taeyeon!” Yul screamed.

“Yul, can you hand me the phone?” Jessica asked. He looked over and handed her the phone. She took the phone and walk away from the rest of them.

 

“Taengoo”

“Sica”

“Please don’t call me that..”

“Is there anything that you want Sooyeon?”

“Serenade me for the last time..”

He was hesitant at the request for he was afraid that it will not help her to move on but since it’s the last request from the love of his life, he did so.

“No one else comes close to you
No one makes me feel the way you do
You’re so special girl, to me
And you’ll always be eternally
Everytime I hold you near
You always say the words, I love to hear
Girl with just a touch, you can do so much
No One Else Comes Close…”

“Please don’t cry Sooyeon. I hate hearing you cry. Your tears are too precious to be wasted on someone like me..”

“Someone like you? You’re not just anyone Taeyeon. You are Kim Taeyeon, my Kim Taeyeon. The love of my life. No one is worth anything except for you. You’re worth everything Taengoo.”

“See, you always know what to say Jung Sooyeon. I have to go now. Be nice to yourself and give those guys a chance, okay? Make sure you’re treated like a princess. Take care.”

That was the last time they met and the last time they hear each other’s voice. Taeyeon was away most of the time for his tours. He didn’t even keep in touch with the group except for Seohyun.

 

~~DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT. PRESS NEXT FOR ANOTHER UPDATE. DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT. PRESS NEXT FOR ANOTHER UPDATE. DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT. PRESS NEXT FOR ANOTHER UPDATE. DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT!!~~~