Chapter 13

Goodnight My Love

“Woori, did you watch Strong Heart?”

“No, I didn’t. Why? Taeyeon was on the show?”

“Yes! And it was a painful story that he shared. I didn’t even know that something happened that day!” Sunny immediately took out her iPad and showed the video to her.

“I didn’t know something like this happened on my wedding day!”

“Jessica must never know about this, no matter what Sunny!”

 

“What must I never know about?” The voice startled the duo as they turned around to see the two American girls standing behind them with a puzzle look.

“N..nothing” stuttered Sunny.

“Yeah right. You guys were obviously watching something. What is it?” Tiffany asked, curious as to why the two girls were behaving suspiciously.

“The two of you are being very secretive. Since when do we do secrets, huh?” Tiffany urged with her brows raised.

“You’re obviously hiding something. Spill it Sunkyu!” Jessica said while glaring at the duo.

 

‘Should I tell her? What if she’s happy with Donghae? I don’t want to ruin their relationship, but neither do I want to see Taeng hurt.. What do I do? If only Hyo was here..’ she mentally wished. After her internal debate, she finally spoke up.

“Alright Sica. I’ll show it to you but before that, I want to ask you something and you have to be hinest wuth me. Only then will I let you see it.” Woori said, ignoring the questioning look on all the three girls as she waited for her reply.

“Alright.” She rolled her eyes as she answered her.

“How are things with you and Donghae? Are you guys progressing?”

Everyone was curious as to why the question was asked. Nevertheless, they remained silent and waited for the other girl to reply.

“We’re fine, I guess. He’s okay…Why are you even asking about this? I just wanna see whatever the thing is!”

“I’m sorry Sica but I need to know, before I can decide whether you should watch it or not.”

“It’s Taeyeon, isn’t it?” she softly muttered. Woori hesitantly nodded her head in agreement.

“I’m sorry, but I don’t think you should see it. If things are progressing between the two of you, than all the more you shouldn’t watch it because I don’t want you to look back. I want you to move on and be happy and at the same time, I want to protect Taeyeon. If your feelings have developed for him, than keep it going. Don’t turn back and sympathize Taeyeon. He will have to face it and get over it. It will take time but as long as he knows and see that you’re happy, he will let you go and free himself, eventually.” Sunny said.

“Look, I can’t bear to see him in that state Sica. I don’t know if what me and Hyo witnessed was similar to what Tiffany witnessed but I know for sure that I never want to see him in that state again. So vulnerable and broken. Even Hyo couldn’t bear the sight of it. It pained us to see him like that. So please Jessica, don’t watch it. You need to be fair to Donghae..” Woori added on.

 

Everyone was taken aback and in shock at the brand new information. What did Woori witnessed? When did they all this happen? What can they do? What will Jessica do? The other two duos were looking at each other will all sorts of questions in their head.

‘What did you see Taengoo? Did you see me with him? Was that why you couldn’t look at me in the eye that night? Have you been crying before I called out to you? Was that why your eyes were bloodshot red? Taengoo, you must have been badly hurt by my actions.. I’m sorry baby. I’m sorry that I went out with someone else when you’re hurting and all alone.’

“Did he say anything? Did he ask anything about me or Donghae?” Sensing the hesitance in the older girl, she snatched the iPad away and watched the video. Tears came before she could stop them, boiling hot then instantly freezing on her face. Seeing him cry on live tv, seeing him so broken, broke her to pieces. ‘How could I be so heartless to him?!’

“I need to see him. I have to see him” she muttered. She hurriedly grabbed her bag and before she could walk out, a tug on her wrist stopped her from going any further.

“Jessi, you can’t see him” Tiffany said with a frown. Seeing the confusion on her cousin’s face as well as the other two girls, she continued.

“Remember you told me just now that the two of you have kissed? What did the kiss mean Jesssi? You can’t just run off to Taeyeon when there’s something going on between you and Donghae. You’re not being fair ro him and you’ll only hurt Taeng even more…”

Shock was evident in Woori’s and Sunny’s face upon learning about the kiss.

“The kiss meant nothing.” She answered as she slowly lifted her head to face them.

“He kissed me but I didn’t reciprocate it and honestly, I didn’t feel anything when he kissed me.”

“What do you mean?, asked the newly wed.

“I didn’t feel electrified or any tingling feelings.. And I didn’t even like it. It was nothing compared to when Taeyeon kissed me. Every kiss he gave, I will always feel electrified, even after so many years, I’m still affected by his kiss. I’m sure you guys understand when I mean..”

“Jessi…”

“Look, I have to go see him now before it’s too late. I need to explain it to him before he leaves again.. I love Kim Taeyeon . Always have and always will. Donghae is sweet and caring but even when I’m with him, I longed for Taeyeon..”

“If that’s your decision and that’s how you truly feel, than go. Get him back. Get back your happiness and free him from the pain. Bring back the Kim Taeyeon that we once knew and missed dearly..” Woori said as she stood up and placed her hand on her shoulder as an encouragement. Seeing the nod from Woori, Jessica looked at the other two girls and waited for their repond.

“Please go unnie. Bring back my oppa. I miss my oppa. I miss the old him unnis, and I can’t bear to see him in that state any longer, neither can my parents”

All eyes turned to see the youngest standing behind them with pleasing eyes and tears that has already made its way down her face. Jessica walked closer and wiped away the tears.

“I will Seohyun. I will get him back” she promised the girl. She turned back to look at the other two girl, still waiting for their support. Seeing them finally nodding, she smiled at them and left.