Chapter 20

Goodnight My Love

“It’s been a while since we made such escape. It’s so nice to finally have alone time without any interruptions. It’s just you and me for the next 2 days.” She said as she back hugged him as he sailed the boat.

“So do you like my surprise?” he asked without taking his eyes off the wheel.

“Definitely!” she said as she pulled his face towards her and kissed him. Together, they sailed towards the horizon leaving the world behind them and enjoyed the precious moment that they have together. Neither of them know when is the next time they’ll be able to be alone again.

Bodies were moulded together as they watched the sun set. He pulled away from her and held both her hands.

“I’m going to ask you again, Sooyeon. Are you really okay with how things are right now? Are you sure that you’re not hurt by anything?” he asked worriedly.

“Kim Taeyeon. Why do you make it seem like I’m a weakling, huh?”

“That’s not what I meant Sooyeon. You’re not complaining nor whining and hell Sica mode has not been activated at all. I hope you’re not hiding anything from me..”

“I’m fine Taengoo. Sure, I hate it when you’re not by my side at night but I need to be understanding if we want this to work out, right?”

“Promise that you’ll be honest with me when it gets too unbearable for you, please?”

“I promise.” She said and kissed him. Sailing away from the city and into the sea was always their secret getaway and sometimes with the rest of the group. It was the only escape where no one will be able to follow them and bother them since the yacht club has high and tight security.

 

“I still can’t believe those two got together and did not tell us!” Tiffany said as the gang were hanging out at her place.

“Technically, they did just that they didn’t tell us immediately” Hyoyeon said nonchalantly as he gulped down his wine. He felt the piercing glare given to him by the ladies in the room but he just shrugged his shoulder and ignored it.

“I believe it has to be Taeyeon’s idea. We all know how mischievous he is as compared to Jessica. I bet Jessica couldn’t wait to tell Miyoung all about it.” Sunny added on.

“It must’ve been a torture for her to keep something that big away from her cousin. Also, she has to act normal and not give any reaction if Taeyeon called or messaged her.” Sooyoung said.

Seohyun just sat there listening to what her unnies and oppas were saying and had a scrunched up face without her realizing.

“Why are you so quiet Seohyun? And why do you look so perplexed?” Woori asked upon noticing the look on the young girl.

“I’m still shocked that Taeyeon oppa hide it from me. I mean, we never hide anything from each other and now that I think back, I should’ve guessed that they were together the night at called him” she said.

“What do you mean Hyunnie?” Yoong asked.

“Well, when I called him the night of their anniversary, oppa sounded weird and I was sure that I hear a girl’s voice but dissed the thought away and assumed that he was with his manager and all. But it got more suspicious when he ended the call abruptly which he never does..”

“Awww, don’t be too upset Seohyun. I’m sure he never meant to do that. Besides, you know he was just being playful.” Yul said from across the room. All heads nodded in agreement. Yoong pulled her closer and hugged her.

“If not, you can just beat the hell out of him. We’d be happy to help Seohyun!!” Sooyoung shouted and everyone agreed to it. Seohyun was appalled by the response given by everyone at the suggestion.

“NO! I’ll never do that to oppa!” Seohyun said strictly while shaking her head.

“You’re really nice Seohyun. You really love your oppa, don’t you?” Tiffany asked.

“He’s my brother. Of course I love and respect him, unnie.” She said with her head low. Upon hearing her answer, everyone laughed at the adorable sight before them.

“I wonder where they are right now. Jessica didn’t turn up for work today.”

“If I’m not wrong oppa’s given a break. So I think they’re spending time together.” Seohyun answered. They stopped talking about the duo and spent the rest of the night by having movie marathon since it was Friday night.

 

“Finally I get to see you. I haven’t been able to get you all weekend. Where did you disappear to?” her cousin questioned her as she walked into her office.

“I was with Taeyeon and we didn’t want any interruptions so I switched off my phone through the weekend.”

“Why did you have to switch it off? What if there was an emergency, huh? How are we supposed to contact you, huh?” she argued back as she took a sit opposite the brunette.

“Just call Taeyeon. His phone was on but that doesn’t mean he’ll answer all calls. Besides, I told my parents of my whereabouts.” She said as she looked through the file that was on her desk.

“We should’ve thought of that. Anyway, we’re glad that you guys are finally back together. You guys are better off together than apart.” Tiffany said as she flipped open the file in her hand. She saw her cousin smiling at her remark and couldn’t help but feel lighten by it.

“It’s nice to finally see your genuine smile Jessica Jung Sooyeon. We haven’t seen that genuine smile of yours since forever.”

 

“So guys, I’m planning to propose to her soon.” He said as they were drinking at the bar.

“Who would’ve thought that you’re the next one to tie the knot after Sooyoung.” Hyoyeon. All heads nodded in agreement at his words.\

“Well, I had a feeling that she was envious when they got married. Besides, it’s not something unexpected. I mean we all know that we’re gonna marry the girls someday. I just felt that now is the right time. I’m not gonna make her wait forever.” He said as he chucked down his drink.

“Well, we’re happy for you. Do you need our help with anything?” one of them asked.

“Ouh yes. I need you guys to shut up and not reveal it to your girlfriend and wife. I’m still planning but it will happen soon. I’ll call you guys if I need help with anything.”

“Got it. Let’s have a toast!” one of them said and raised their glass.

 

“Why are we here?” she asked.

“I’m not sure either. He didn’t explain fully and just told me to be here by this time.”

“Oh, there’s Sooyoung and Sunny.” She said.

“Hey guys. What’s going on? Why are we here?” the couple asked. Sooyoung just shook his head and shrugged his shoulder. They walked together further down until the met with the rest. They stood in line when they saw one of their friends standing alone at the beach surrounded by candles and petals of red roses.

‘Don’t tell me his proposing’ he thought and as if on cue, the guy started singing.