Chapter 22

Goodnight My Love

“Damn. Taeng hyung is so lucky!!” Yoong said as he flipped the page.

“Why? What are you reading?” Soo asked and took a sit next to him.

“Check this out. He had photo shoot with Lee Yeon Hee! She’s so pretty and damn y!!”

“He’s a lucky bastard. He gets to meet all the beautiful women like Baek Jiyoung, SNSD girls, Lee Hyori and more!” Yul said as he sipped his drink.

“What did you just say Kwon Yul?” he choked on his drink as he heard the familiar voice. The trio turned and saw their ladies standing behind them with their arms crossed over their chest. All of them looked amused except for Tiffany who was clearly furious.

“That..That’s not what I..I meant Fany ah..” he stammered. He turned to look at Soo and Yoong hoping to get some back up but there was none. They were already on their feet approaching their other half and pulling them away.

“Damn it” he muttered which did not go unnoticed by the girl before him. Before he could say anything else she stormed off leaving to chase after her.

 

“Where is Yul and Tiffany going? And why did she looked so mad and he looked desperate and a little pathetic?” Jessica asked as she took a seat, joining the rest of them.

“Yul’s in trouble, so is Yoong and Soo but just not as much” Hyo said as he laughed seeing Soo and Yoong pleading with their respective partners.

“Wow, I’ve never seen the maknae couple like that before. What caused it?” she asked as she called for the waiter.

“I don’t think you want to know” Hyo said nonchalantly.

“Why not? Now you’re making me more curious! Come on Hyo, Woori! Tell me” she pleaded.

“He’s right though.” Woori said backing her man. He just smiled at her response.

“Okay, it has got something to do with Taeyeon. What is it?” she asked. Seeing the couple looking at each other as if they’re sending message through their eyes, she couldn’t wait any longer.

“Oh just tell me already!” she urged them. Seeing Hyoyeon shrugged his shoulders at Woori, she placed the magazine on the table with the back facing up and pushed it towards her.

She reached out for the magazine and turned it over. Her eyes widen at the sight of the cover page. She flipped through the pages and stopped when she found the page she was looking for. Her grip on the magazine tightened as more intimate and happy pictures of Kim Taeyeon and Lee Yeon Hee were revealed. Before she could continue flipping the pages, the sound from the TV caught her attention. She looked up and Taeyeon’s new song’s music video was playing and she was even more shocked to see that Jessica from SNSD was in the music video with him and they were acting as a couple. She got up and stormed out of the café.

“Oh boy.. Hell Sica is activated and my dear cousin is in deep trouble” Hyo whispered to Woori. She nodded at his words and added, “Just look at how tight her grip is on the innocent magazine. Your cousin is as good as dead baby. I guess he forgot to tell her about this, huh” she whispered back.

Jessica’s outburst caught the attention of the other two couples. They looked up and realised why she stormed off.

“Damn. That shorty is so dead.” Soo said out aloud and everyone nodded in agreement.

“Uh  huh. Jessica is so gonna skin him alive” Sunny added.

“God please have mercy on my brother and protect him from her wrath” Seohyun said.

“He’s gonna need all the luck he can get to calm her down” Yoong said.

“Kim Taeyeon you’re so dead when I see you. No wonder I haven’t been able to meet you for two weeks! You were busy behaving intimately with those girls!!” she was practically screaming inside her silver SLK Class as she drove back home.

 

“Finally we’re back! Oh, how much I’ve missed home” he said loud enough for his team to hear.

“Oh please, you’re only glad to be back because you miss your other half. You’ve been whining and complaining how much you missed her for the past weeks” his noona said nonchalantly.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about noona” he merely shrugged it off, pretending to not understand what was said and walked ahead of the group. They could only shake their head in amusement. The teasing continued as they board the van and continued their journey to his apartment.

“We’re here. Please make sure you get all the rest you need. I sincerely and earnestly beg that you rest and not sneak out. Your promotion will begin in two days’ time and we want you to be in good shape and healthy for the promotion.” The manager said from inside the van. Everyone in the car gave him a knowing look as they knew him too well. He’s never listened to most of their instructions. It’s a miracle if he actually did.

Taeyeon merely gave them a shrug and a sly smirk as he stood before his apartment complex, waiting for them to drive off.

“That’s not gonna happen oppa. Just look at that sly and mischievous smile on his face. It’s obvious he’s gonna sneak off.” His stylist said to the manager while looking at Taeyeon.

“I agree unnie. My gut tells me that he’s gonna run off immediately after we leave to meet his princess” his coordi noona added. They heard the manager sighed dejectedly while shaking his head. Everyone laughed at the sight.

“Please be careful. Don’t get into trouble. You know very well what is at stake Taeyeon. Goodnight!” the manager said clearly annoyed and drove off. As soon as the van drove off, he turned around and made his way up to his apartment.

 

Parking his car next to silver Mercedes SLR, he quickly and discreetly made his way up. He punched in the code and tiptoed into the apartment and into the master bedroom.

He slipped under cover and back hugged her. She stirred and woke up. Knowing that it was Taeyeon, she pushed away from him and moved away from him. She pulled up the duvet and covered herself.

He was confused with her actions. “What’s going on Sooyeon? Why did you just move away from me? You actually rejected my hug…” he asked, appalled by her action. Getting no reply from her, he tried to pull the duvet but failed.

‘Why isn’t he trying to pacify me?!’ she thought as she waited for him to make a move. She heard movement and felt the weight on her bed lighten.

He sighed at the sight and stood up. Truthfully, he was tired and all he wanted was to sleep with her but since she was behaving that way, he became annoyed and was just too tired to have any fights with her. “Oh well, whatever. I’m tired” he whispered to himself. He grabbed his things and walked out, slamming the bedroom door.

She lifted the duvet and sat up upon hearing the door. “Did I go overboard?! Oh my god. I haven’t seen him in 3 weeks and now he’s gone! I’m such an idiot!! What was I thinking?!” she scolded with tears streaming down her face. Jessica regretted her actions and felt really guilty towards him.

Reaching out for her phone, she dialled his number but he didn’t answer. She tried calling him again but he didn’t pick up. She was starting to panic as his words kept replaying in her head. Another night was spent alone as she forces herself to get some sleep. Of course, she was not able to get a peaceful rest knowing that she just drove her boyfriend whom she had missed so badly away and it did not help that he did not pick up any of her calls and even rejected her calls.

The constant ringing of the phone has been bugging him and he definitely did not have the mood to answer the call especially knowing who the caller is. He buried his face under the pillow and succumbs to sleep especially with his poor condition.

 

“What happened to you? Why do you look so tired, woman? And is that eye bags I see?” the jet black haired woman asked as she walked followed the blonde into the office.

“I couldn’t sleep last night” she answered.

“Am I hearing it correctly? Did you just say you couldn’t sleep? Wow, are you sure you’re Jessica Jung? Cos if there’s anything that Jessica Jung can do, it’s sleep.” Tiffany said while trying to hold her laughter.

Jessica was not amused in fact she was upset and bothered. She was still unable to get through to him and that bugged her. “I’m serious Hwang Miyoung..” she said dejectedly as she took a seat and took out her phone and began dialling again. Getting the same response again, she became more frustrated and threw her phone on the table.

Tiffany was shocked by her action and immediately took a seat opposite her. “Okay, what happened and who were you calling at this time?” she asked curious.

“It’s Taeyeon.” She said with her hands covering her face.

“What about him? Is he back?” Tiffany went on.

“He’s back and I may have pushed him off the edge.”

“Let me guess… Jessica Jung went rage mode? Or should I say Hellsica mode was activated?” Tiffany asked, with a mocking tone.

Jessica heard her cousin and wasn’t happy with the tone because she guessed right and it only irked her more and made her feel even more guilty. She remained silent and she knows that her cousin got the answer to her question.

“Jessica Jung… You’re seriously an idiot. You probably won’t only be the death of him but you’ll be the death of me as well as the others!” she scolded her cousin. Seeing that her cousin still has her head down with her hands covering her face, she continued.

“Jessie, you need to remember that Taeyeon is not just a CEO but he is also an artist. You should know of his hectic schedule and he can’t possibly avoid any interaction with female stars. If he avoids all interactions with the opposite in the industry, people are going to say that he’s whipped or he’s not professional enough and we all know that it’s not true.” She said, sounding exasperated.

“I know that Tiff. So what am I supposed to do now? He’s been avoiding and rejecting my calls since yesterday and now his phone is switched off.” She said desperately. She looked at her cousin dejectedly hoping that she’ll have an idea.

“Well, I’m not surprised that he ignored you. I mean, sorry to say but you deserve it.” Tiffany said. Her words only made her cousin more annoyed and guilty.

“Alright Tiff. You don’t have to keep reminding me and rubbing it in my face. I know I’m at fault now and I’ll be thankful if you could help me out, here!” she begged.