Chapter 14

Goodnight My Love

A/N: I had no intention of continuing after the devastating news. It broke me and made me an emotional wreck for the day. It hurts to accept the reality that Jessica is no longer part of SNSD. I'm still praying and hoping that the girls will stand up for her and give us an explanation or something. SNSD is incomplete without her, Girls' Generation can only shine the best when all 9 is on stage together. My heart is crushed and my dreams are shattered. They showed me the meaning of true friendship, genuine love and what hardwork is all about. I fell in love with their bond first and that's what's keeping me with them all the way. I genuinely believe that Soshibond is indestructible and unbreakable. 

Let's keep our faith together that a miracle will happen. This is not how their way down is supposed to be like. Their way down is much more beautiful than this, they're supposed to be like Shinhwa. They still have dreams to achieve as 9, so I will keep believeing and I will just hate on SM.

 

“I thought it’ll be easier to meet up with the midget once he’s back but I was wrong. He’s nowhere to be seen and we can’t even contact him!” Yul said with annoyance.

“Hyung, I think he just needs time alone. I think he wants to keep himself occupied so that he won’t think about Jessica noona. Even Seohyun is having a hard time trying to see him..”

“As much as I pity that midget, it was his decision to walk out from it. I know it’s not easy for him to bear the consequences of his actions but he will have to endure it and overcome it.” Yul said.

“Give him sometimes to adapt and get his life back on track. He’s hurting and he’s trying to move on and forget about the love of his life.. . It’s especially hard for him as compared to Jessica.” Hyo said backing up his cousin.

All head shakes at his words. They missed hanging out together every Friday night, catching up with each other. Most importantly, they miss their dorky best friend.

 

“Up next is an amazing performance from the multi – talented singer that is ready to serenade all the lovely ladies out there! Back with a new single, give it up for Kim Taeyeon with Let Her Go!” the MC announced.

 

Someone I shouldn’t love, someone I shouldn’t date
That person is you, so I can’t even say your name.

Like a persistent fate, I met someone who I shouldn’t even pass by
I tell myself no, I yell at myself saying no but
Like a lie, my love only wants you.

My heart shouts out “Let her go, let her go”
But it doesn’t listen and tells me that it can’t let her go even if I die
My heart pulls me back and says “Forget her, Forget her”
But it’s foolishly stubborn and says that it can’t.

If there is a next life, I hope we can love then
Oh! I pray and hope for that everyday – goodbye my love

Words I can’t say, “I love you, I love you”
I say them alone when no one is around
after hurting and hurting until I can’t take it anymore
Then, maybe I can quietly call out your name

 

“I guess it’s obvious that he had spent his time composing the new song and it’s about Jessica” said Sooyoung and he turned his head away from the screen and faced the rest of the gang. All of them nodded in agreement upon seeing him on stage.

“You have to admit that he’s really good in his work. Be it as the CEO or a singer. He’s got a really bright future. Just see how fast he was able to write a new song in a short period of time.” Yul said, amazed by his best friend talent.

“Why isn’t she picking up her damn phone?” Tiffany said as she paced around her room trying to call her cousin. She called the rest of the girls to see if they knew where she was but none of them knew. She’s beginning to get worried.

“Did you manage to call her?” the girls asked frantically as they barged into her room, worried about their dear friend. Seeing the girl shaking her head, they grew more anxious.

“Damn Jessica Jung! Answer your damn phone! It’s been 2 bloody days!!” Tiffany shouted and threw her phone away. She was clearly worried sick about her. It was unlike of Jessica to not pick up her calls and worse is, she didn’t come home for the past 2 days.

“Since all of us are here, let’s go look for her now” Woori suggested.

“Where could we possibly find her?” Sunny asked.

“Let’s start with oppa’s apartment.” Seohyun suggested and quickly left pulling Yoong with her. Everyone followed her footstep and made their way to their respective cars. Everyone was worried with the disappearance of their dear friend and could only pray that she’s safe.

Not finding the missing girl at he’s apartment, Tiffany was close to calling the cops until Seohyun stopped her.

“Unnie, don’t call the police yet. We don’t want the news to spread, it’s gonna cause a ruckus.”

“Seohyun, she’s been missing for 2 freaking days. How could you say that?!”

“Baby, relax. Take a deep breath. What she said is true. If this goes to the public, it’s going to be chaotic.” He told her as he wrapped his arms around her. Not being able to control her feelings, she slipped away from him and walked away.

“Hwang Miyoung! Where do you think you’re going??” Yul raised his voice as he called out to her.

She turned back and looked at the rest of them. “If there’s anyone who would know where to find her, it would be Taeyeon. They have their secret getaway which no one knows of, so only he knows where she would be..”

“Alright. Where could Taeyeon be now?” Sooyoung asked.

 

“You don’t have any schedule till later at night, so you’re free for now. Where you heading to? I’ll drive you there.” The manager told him.

“It’s okay hyung. I think I’ll head back to my apartment and get some rest.” He told him as they walked to the entrance of the building.

“Then you should exit by the back entrance. You don’t want the fans to chase after you, right?” Seeing his artist agreeing with his words, they made a turn only to come to a stop as they heard a loud commotion behind them.

“Where is Kim Taeyeon?! Get me Kim Taeyeon right now!!” Taeyeon turned to look at his manager with wide eyes upon hearing his name. ‘The voice sounds oddly familiar’ he thought as his eye widen. “Tiffany” he said aloud.

He was pinned to the wall as soon as he arrived. He was clearly shocked to see all of them here, trying to control Tiffany who had gone berserk.

“What are you guys doing here?!” Taeyeon questioned. He was furious with their behaviour as they just risked themselves by barging in from the front door, shouting out his name when there are fans standing outside. Furious with the way his friends behaved, he pulled them into a nearby room with his manager and slammed the door.

“What the hell are you guys doing here? Barging in like some mad people and risking your own identity. What the hell is wrong with you guys?!” Taeng exploded. Everyone was shocked by his outburst. No one has ever seen him in that state before.

 

“We wanna know where Jessica is Taeng” Yul spoke up despite him having is back towards them.

“Why are you asking me about her? I haven’t seen nor talk to her since forever.”

“Wait, you didn’t meet her?” Sunny asked

“Why? Was I supposed to meet her?” he asked turning around only to see the change in their faces.

“Why are your faces like that?”

“We haven’t been able to contact her for 2 days and she didn’t come home. She said she’s going to find you so we thought you guys met.” Sunny answered.

“We were worried and almost informed the police but decided against it as we didn’t want the matter to go to public” Yul said.

“We didn’t know where else to find her and were hoping that you knew where she is but clearly you don’t” Woori said.

“Why did she want to meet me?” Taeyeon asked.

Not getting any response, he immediately left the room. “Taeyeon, where are you going?” the manager asked as he followed after him.

“I’m going to find her. Don’t worry about me. I’ll update you about my whereabouts later.”

“Oh, and please assist them out through the back exit, hyung.” With that he rushed out of the building and started the engine.

 

‘Where are you Sooyeon? Are you okay? Wait for me Sooyeon and please be safe’ he said as he sped through the road for her. Rain began pelting from the sky and the howling wind was loud enough to be heard indoor.

He arrived at the destination and just as he had expected, he spotted the familiar car parked there. He grabbed the umbrella and made his way to her.

 

“TAEYEON!” she screamed out into the sky. Not a single soul was here to hear her cry for help. “WHERE ARE YOU!?” She shouted with all of the might that was left in her heart. If she held it in for any longer her insides would explode and there would be nothing left of Jessica Jung Sooyeon.

She needed him here. She needs him more than anything else. He’s her soul mate, the one that understands her and accepted her as she is. They’ve been through thick and thin together and it’s impossible for her to find anyone that can ever take his place. Without him she’s nothing. Without him, she’s all broken and alone. The pouring rain drenched her away as she stood rooted under the rain.

 

Droplets of tear ran down his face as he watched her crying out in agony. The pain that she felt, he felt it too but he’s at lost at what should be done. He wants her back just as much but he knows that she will continue to hurt until he makes his decision. He made his way towards her with small footsteps and held the umbrella over her, shielding her from the rain while he drenched in the pouring rain.

Feeling no more pouring rain showering her, she looked up only to see an umbrella sheltering her from the pouring rain. “You’re here. You found me” she muttered as she turned around and hugged him tight. She held on to him as if her life depended on it, which is true. Her life is depended on him for he’s the reason she’s a whole and he’s the reason she’s broken and only he can put her back together.

He stood rooted as she pulled him close without any gap between them. “Why are you here, standing in the rain Sooyeon? Don’t you know that it’s dangerous?” he asked as he slowly and painfully her hair.

“I needed to see you, feel you and just be reminded of you. I couldn’t find you and this was the only place that I knew will comfort me because this is our very own secret place, the place that holds precious memories for the both of us.” She answered as she rested her head on his chest. The feeling was overwhelming as she finally felt the warmth and comfort that she missed dearly. The beating of his heart calmed her, as always.

His eyebrows were deeply knitted and his mouth slightly ajar in his agony. Tears welled up in his eyes and began rolling down his cheeks like rivulets upon hearing her. All of a sudden, he felt her weight on to him and she was slipping out of the embrace.

“Sooyeon! Sooyeon! Wake up baby! Wake up!” he pleaded while shaking her. Her body was burning up when she touched her forehead. Wasting no time, he took off his leather jacket and covered her head before carrying her bridal style while trying to hold on to the umbrella to shelter her. Decided to take the Mercedes instead of his Lexus, he struggled to find her keys and unlock the door. He rushed over to the driver’s seat and pulled out of the driveway. He sped through the slippery road and drove to her apartment. Once in a while, he would caress her cheeks and hold her hand.