Chapter 19

Goodnight My Love

“Why are you all smileys today huh?” questioned the girl walking next to her upon seeing her at the entrance of the building. It was a routine for them to make their way up together ever since they took over the company.

The questioned girl just shrugged her shoulders at her cousin and continued walking towards the elevator with her phone in her hand. ‘Sorry Fany, you’ll know when the day comes’ she mentally said as she checked her phone for a text.

“Something’s up Jung. Spill it out.” Tiffany said to her cousin as she eyed her as she was engrossed with her phone.

“Nothing is going on Miyoung. I just had a really good sleep last night and a very sweet dream. That’s all.” She replied and made her way out of the elevator. She stood outside waiting for the other girl to come out.

“Hello! Are you coming? We’ve got a meeting in 20 minutes, remember?’ she called out to her cousin that was still in a daze in the elevator. Tiffany got out of her daze and caught up with her.

“What did you dream of that’s making you smile from the lobby till now’ she whispered as they’re already in the office. Everyone stood up and greeted the two as they walked past them and they politely nodded to every single one of them.

“That’s for me to know and for you to find out.” She said as they walked into her office.

“Aww , Jessie. Share it with me.. It must be really awesome for you to be smiling like an idiot, which is unlikely of you. Happiness should be shared, remember?” Jessica just shook her head at her cousin as she took a sit.

She took a look at her watch and looked back at her cousin, signalling the time to her. “You should probably go to your office and prepare all the documents for the meeting. Now shoo. Get out of my office” she jokingly said as she pushed her cousin out of her room with a giggle.

 

“Why do you look so happy this morning? And why are you constantly checking your phone, huh?” he asked him without taking his eyes off the road.

“I’m just a happy man, hyung. My life is back on track!!” he shouted and pumped his fist upwards.

“I’m guessing you’ve finally realize what an idiot you’ve been for the past months and now, you’re rejoicing because you’re in love, again?”

“I’ve always been in love hyung. It’s just that now, we got back together and I just spent the entire day with her yesterday.” He happily said.

“Yah.. You had fun while I had to deal with your disappearance from your schedules.” He grunted.

“Ooops. Sorry about that. I’ll make it up to you, hyung! Lunch’s on me!”

“You’re lucky those people are understanding. Since lunch is on you, I should inform the rest.” He said and smirk at his artist. He just shook his head as he watched him fiddling with his phone.

 

“Hey gorgeous”

“Hey handsome”

“Have you reached office?”

“I reached 10 minutes ago”

“Great. Did Miyoung ask anything?”

“My emotions gave it away, baby”

“What do you mean? You told her about us?”

“What? No. I didn’t. I just said that I had a really good sleep and sweet dream. Though I don’t think she bought it..”

“Well, don’t worry too much. She’s not that fast to grasp on things.”

“Haha. Yeah, that’s about right. Where are you now? What time is your last schedule? Are you coming over?”

“I’m not sure what time is my last schedule. Hyung haven’t inform me yet. Anyway, hyung knows about us since I will definitely need his help to make it work”

“Oh, that’s fine. Tell oppa I say thank you. Baby, I have to go now. I’ve got a meeting in 5 minutes. Bye. Love you!”

“Love you too!” with that he ended the call. He turned to his manager only to see him smiling away.

“Why are you smiling? Anyway, she said thank you”

“I’m glad that you’re back with her. I don’t have to deal with emotional Taeyeon anymore” he chuckled.

They were better off together, and he finally admits it. Being apart from her only killed him. Despite not being able to go out together and showing their affections in public like others, they found ways to make it work. Taeyeon would sneak into her apartment at night with or without her knowledge, surprising her at the least expected moments. He would go to her place and spend the night with her whenever he starts his schedule later the next day. He will always leave the apartment at crack of dawn, making her immune to the alarm clock which was set way earlier than her usual timing. Whenever she heard it, she will automatically wake up just to see him off. Even if they only have 2 hours together, they would make good use of it.

 

After his schedule ended, together with his crew, they went to a Japanese restaurant for lunch. Taeyeon always enjoyed his time with his team. They’re his companion whenever his away from home and they keep each other company. They are as one of the precious and important people in his lives. They’re family and they act like one. Taeyeon will always be the maknae that gets nag and lectured since his the youngest.

“You better be careful when you leave at night and morning Taeng. Dispatch are on high alert now and extremely active at night. Just recently, an idol got was caught.” His manager told him as they were having their lunch.

“There isn’t much to worry hyung. They would totally expect me to be with a celebrity.. If they knew who I’m dating, I’ll think it create headline and havoc. The company’s phone would be ringing constantly, I think” he said.

“The news of you being in a relationship alone was enough to create headlines, Taeng. And we didn’t even disclose who’s the girl and everything went haywire and absurd rumours surfaced.” His stylist noona reminded him.

He was about to answer he back when his phone rang.

“Hold on” he told them as he answered his phone.

“Midget!!” the person on the other line shouted, loud enough for everyone in the room to hear. They all laughed at him despite the glare given to them.

“Shut up you gigantic shikshin! You’re gonna make me deaf with your annoying loud voice.” He answered, clearly annoyed.

“Hey Taeng! Hey Hyung!” he heard familiar voices shouting through the phone.

“Great… I’m on speaker, aren’t I ?”

“Yup”

“So, to what honour did I do to deserve such an overwhelming phone call from my 4 dumbos which has disturbed my perfect lunch, hmm?”

“Oooh! You’re having lunch now? What are you having Taeng? Can we join you? We’re hungry!” Taeyeon could only shake his head at their words even though they can’t see it.

“Ya! You just had a full course meal an hour ago! And you had 2 serving of rice you shikshin!” Taeyeon heard someone shouted and he assumed it was Yuri.

“Don’t shake your head Taeng. I know you’re doing it. We’re still trying to grow here although you and Hyo had stopped growing way back..”

“Yahhh!” both the Kim shouted at the same time despite being at different location.

“Shut your shikshin. Your wife ain’t that tall and has definitely stopped growing. I’m definitely telling her later when I see her.” threatened Hyoyeon.

“Way to go Hyo! Show that stupid giant what we Kims are capable of” Taeyeon added, supporting his cousin.

“Anyway, I wanna eat in peace and I can’t do that with you guys bothering me. So, please tell me what is it that you want?”

“Alright alright. We know your time is precious.. We just want to remind you about our Friday night dinner. You better be there Kim Taeyeon. I don’t care if you feel uncomfortable, sorry or whatsoever. You’ve got to be there. The 10 of us haven’t gathered together in a long time.” Sooyoung said.

“That’s right hyung, I’m sure Seohyun really wants you there. She told me yesterday that she misses her brother. And I’m sure she would love for you to be there as well.” Yoong said.

“Funny you should say that Yoong cos I just talked to my sister last night and she didn’t mention anything about that. Besides, she knows that she’s an exception. She can come find me and meet me whenever she wants”

“I’m serious hyung!”

“Kim Taeyeon. You better be there. I don’t care if your schedule ends late. We’re meeting Friday night so if we have to, we will wait for you all night.” Yuri finally voiced out.

“Fine..” he replied dejectedly although in actual fact he was smiling away.

“Okay. We’ll see you there. Bye.” They ended the call. He ended the call and turned back to his food only to feel eyes on him.

“What? Why are you guys staring at me?” he asked as they stared at him curiously.

“They don’t know you’re back together with her..?” his stylist asked.

“Nope. Not yet. Only you guys know about it. We plan to give them a shock.” He said mischievously.

“We?”

“Yeah. Me and Jessica. We’ve got it all planned out” he smiled.

 

It was past already past midnight, 1.30am to be exact as he parked his Toyota GT-86 next to a C63 AMG Coupe and made his way up. Since he ended work earlier than expected, he decided to go out instead of staying indoors despite the constant reminder and warnings given to him. He was all too familiarised with the building as he made his way up. He reached the unit and entered the code to the apartment.

He took off his shoe and tiptoed into the house, trying to make as little noise as possible. He walked into the bedroom and smiled at the sight. He took off his jacket and placed it on the chair. After which he took off his pants, leaving him in his boxer and he slowly walked up to the bed. He smiled as he saw that the sleeping figure was listening to his songs and was wearing his shirt to sleep. He gently took out her earpiece and placed it by the side. He walked over to the other side and slide in as quiet as possible. Once he found his comfortable position, he s his hands around her waist and buried his face in the crook of her neck. He inhaled the sweet scent of hers and smiled. ‘I’m getting used to this’ he thought.

“Taengoo? You came..” she said as she stirred and turned around to face him.

“Hey.. Did I wake you up?” he asked worriedly.

“No.. I’m just sensitive to your scent” she murmured as she snuggled up to him and kissed his chest.

“What time is it?”

“2am.” He answered while her hair.

“Don’t you have schedule later on? Why’d you come over at this time?”

“Because I miss you. My schedule starts a bit later today. That’s why I came over to accompany you.. Although I think hyung’s gonna be pissed when he finds my car missing in the morning when he comes to pick me up.” He smiled when he heard her chuckled at what he just said.

“I’m looking forward to the dinner tonight Taengoo”

“Me too. I hope our plan goes smoothly.”

“Yeah. I hope they will do what we think they’ll do..”

“Yup” he said and kissed the crown of her head. They snuggled up closer and drift to dreamland with each other in their embrace.

 

‘Before the Dawn.. Before the Dawn..
My heart isn’t obsessed
Before the Dawn.. Before the Dawn..
I want to capture you no matter what

Those two lips that whispered love
Those two eyes that close at the right chance
The sides fly to my heart..
I will be there by your side’

 

The alarm went off and woke the sleeping figures. Taeyeon was shocked to see his love was up upon hearing the alarm as it was unlikely of her to do so. He rubbed his eyes trying to wipe away his sleepiness and reached out for his phone. ‘6am. Guess that’s my cue to leave’ he though before turning back to her only to see her seated next to him.

“Hey. Why are you up? Go back to sleep baby” he whispered as he tried to get her back to sleep. He knows that Jessica is extremely sensitive to the alarm now whenever he comes over. It was a reminder to her that he will be leaving her and that she probably won’t see him for a few days. Jessica will immediately wake up to the alarm and make sure to send her man to the front door until he’s out of her sight.

“I just want to see you out” she answered groggily.

“You don’t have to do that Sooyeon. You’ve got work later.. I don’t want you going to work all tired..” he said as he caressed her cheeks.

“I’m fine. Don’t worry. Come on, I’ll help you prepare your shower” she said as she moved to get out of the bed.

He stopped her before she could leave. “It’s okay baby. I can do it on my own… Go back to sleep while I shower. I’ll wake you up when I’m done, ok?” he said as he saw the hesitant in her face.

“Once I’m done showering, I’ll wake you up and let you choose my outfit, okay?” he asked hopefully.

“Promise you’ll wake me up the moment you step out of shower, please?”

“I promise” he said and sealed it with a kiss after which tucked her back into bed.

 

The bathroom door open and he came out with his bottom half covered. He was hesitant to wake his love up but knows better than to upset and disappoint her since he did promise her. He made his way to the bed and crouched down by the bed side next to her.

“Sooyeon..” he gently whispered to her ears. She stirred upon hearing his whisper and immediately woke up. She smiled at him and lifted the blanket and got off bed and dragged him along to her walk in closet. If anyone were to see her closet, they would think that they’re really staying together.

“Should we wear matching outfit today? Since we’re having dinner with the rest tonight?” she asked.

“Sooyeon. I have to get back to my place. Hyung will be fetching me. Why don’t you pick out what you’re gonna wear and I’ll try and match it at home? Clearly there’s more clothes back at my place, right?” he said as he back hugged her and kissed her neckline.

“I guess you’re right.” She said as she turned around and kissed him. She walked ahead and handed him his clothes before she went on to her side of the closet and began rummaging through her clothes. She picked out a white dress as her outfit and turned around to show it to him.

“What do you think?” she asked as she swayed her way to him with a smile. His jaw dropped and his eyes were bulging at the sight.

“Is that what you’re wearing to office? I don’t quite like the idea since all eyes will be on you and guys are just going to salivate” he said as he looked away and shook his head.

“Are you jealous? Heh. That’s cute baby but no. I’m heading home to change into this and then head out for dinner. Besides, the guys can gawk all they want but they’ll never get it.”

“Well, you’re damn right about that. You’re mine.” He said with a smug before putting on his clothes. They made their way out the room and she walked him to the front door. She leaned against the wall as she watched him put on his shoe.

“Alright princess. I’m going now. Go back to sleep, okay? I don’t want you to be all grumpy at work later.” He said as he stood up and walked to her. He leaned in and kissed her. He was caught off guard when she pulled him closer and deepened the kiss. He had no choice but to free himself because if he didn’t, they would probably end up in bed again.

“Ya! Why did you pull away!!” she questioned with her hands crossed over her chest and a pout on her face.

“You know very well why Sooyeon. If I didn’t, we would just end up back into your room and I will be late for my schedules. You wouldn’t want me to miss dinner, right?” he said.

“Fine.. but you’ll have to make up for it” she said .

“Gladly. Bye baby” he said and gave her a last kiss before finally heading out the door and making as minimal noise as possible so as to not attract any unwanted attention.

 

“Hyung, what time is my last schedule today? Remember I told you I have dinner today?” he asked as he got ready for his first schedule.

“Yes Taeyeon. I remember about your dinner. Your last schedule should end at 8pm. Is that okay?”

“Yeah. That’s okay.”

 

“Yo Taeng! Where are you? We’re all waiting for you right now. You better not back out” Yul said over the phone while witnessed by the others.

“Don’t shout Yul and I’m not backing out. I just finished my schedule. I’m on my way now besides, I wouldn’t dare miss it with all the girls there” he said and ended the call.

“So what’s the plan tonight, Taeyeon?” his manager asked as he drove his artist to the restaurant for his gathering.

“Just dinner and then giving them a shock. Oh hyung, I’m gonna need your help later on.”

“What kind of help?”

“Ten minutes after I go in, I want you to call my phone.”

“Sure thing but you owe me though”

 

He stepped out of the vehicle and made his way into a familiar restaurant. He was escorted into a private room by the waitress that had welcomed him.

“Thank you” he said and bowed to the waitress. She responded likewise and was about to walk away when she was stopped.

“Erm, can I just request or ask you to remind the waiter or waitress that is attending to this room to knock the door before coming in?” he asked with a smile.

“Yes, sure sir. I’ll remind them.” She smiled and bowed to him before walking off. He stood outside the door and calmed himself. “Let the show begin” he whispered to himself. He took a deep breath and pushed the door open.

All eyes were on him as he stepped in. He stood before all of them and scanned the room. ‘Just as expected’ he mentally thought. “Why am I not surprise” he said, loud enough for all of them to hear. He took a seat at the empty seat next to a brunette that was reserved for him. He felt a tug on his arm and turned around and smiled at the sight. He had his hand around her waist and pulled her closer and kissed her. They felt eyes on them but ignored it and soon parted their kiss. Eyes were still on them and they noticed some of them had their jaws dropped as they stared at the two of them.

 

As soon as the broke the kiss, his phone rang. ‘Perfect timing.’ He mentally said and nonchalantly answered the call. He turned away and answered the call. On the other hand, the brunette just continued eating. Silently she was waiting for him so that he can take lead for the situation.

“Right on the dot hyung. I can’t tell you how happy I am. Thank you. Lunch’s on me tomorrow, okay? Bye hyung!” he said and ended the call. He turned back and eyes were still on him.

“Why are you guys staring at me? Never seen people answer a call before?” he asked and shook his head. He looked down and saw her hand on his lap. Discreetly he interlaced their hands together under the table.

“Don’t you think you owe us an explanation for what happened earlier on?!” a high pitched voice was heard. They didn’t need to turn their head to figure out whose voice it was as it could only be the eye smile queen since she’s rather dramatic.

“Explanation for?” Taeyeon asked still acting clueless.

“Seriously Kim Taeyeon?! You still wanna act like you’ve no idea what we’re talking about?!” Sooyoung burst out.

“We’re referring to the freaking kiss that you shared!!” Yoong shouted from across that table.

“Oh. Can’t it be a friendly kiss? I’ll gladly kiss all the girls here except for Seohyun” he said and chuckled. At the same time the brunette next to him was pinching him by the side for his remark.

“You wouldn’t dare. Tell us the truth!” Woori voiced out.

“I don’t see any wrong in kissing my girlfriend..”

“Your what?!” all of them said at the same time.

The pair just laughed at the reaction and at that moment, Taeyeon put up their interlaced hand on the table.

“We’re back together and more in love than ever” he said smugly. The brunette blushed at his words and hid her face in the crook of his neck. He chuckled at her actions and tightens his hold around her.

“Since when? Why weren’t we informed?!”

“How come none of the girls knew about it?!” Hyo asked curiously.

“Cos we hid it from all of you? We’ve been together for about 2 weeks now and I have to praise my love here for keeping it sealed for that long” he said and kissed the crown of her head.

“What?! How could you?!” questions after questions were thrown to the pair that night and everyone was furious that they kept such a secret hidden but they know that it won’t last. Everyone enjoyed the rest of the night as all 10 are finally gathered together and they’re back to how they used to; everyone with their respective partners. The night was filled with joy and laughter and they chatted all the way until midnight before they call it a night.

 

They stood outside the restaurant and bid farewell to each other with hug and kisses before they went to their respective vehicle. Taeyeon waited for Jessica to bid her goodbye before they walked back to her car. “Car keys?” he asked and extended his hand. She gladly obliged and handed him her keys. The engine roared and they drove off heading back to her apartment.

“Taengoo, are you staying over?” she asked as she walked over to him and settled on his lap.

“Do you want me to?”

“You know the answer to that..”

“Then it’s a yes.” She hugged him tight and kissed him on the lips. She felt his lips curved as their lips pressed. He held on to her and lifted her up with him and made their way to her room.

“Let’s change and go to bed. It’s been a long day for me.” He said as he placed her on the bed and pulled away. He took off his shirt and made his way into the bathroom. Jessica frowned at the information and was worried that he was really tired after his schedule today. She followed after him into the bathroom.

“What was your schedule like today Taengoo?” she asked the guy that was in the shower.

“It was fine. Don’t worry about it.” He answered.

“We agreed not to lie, right? You agreed to be honest with me Taengoo” she said and slid open the shower room and joined him. She took the soap and rubbed his back with hope to ease his body ache and just make him feel good.

“Alright, I’m sorry. I had a photo shoot in the morning, followed by radio show and then variety show recording” he answered as he enjoyed the rub.

“What are your schedules like tomorrow?”

“I think I’m free tomorrow.”

“Really?! That’s great Taengoo!”

“Why are you so happy? You still need to go to work. Only I can sleep in”

“I’m the CEO. It’s up to me whether I wanna go to work or not.” She said and pinched his cheeks.

“Well, that isn’t a very good example set to your workers and your little sister, isn’t it? Besides, if I remembered correctly, you have a big meeting tomorrow, right?”

“Damn. How could you possibly remember my schedules when you’ve got your own hectic one to remember?!” she asked amazed.

“Well, I just really listen when you talk my dear and I also have good memory. How the heck do you think I’m able to manage between being a singer and CEO of Kim Corp?”

“Well, I’m truly impressed baby. You are amazing and together, we are extraordinary, don’t you think so?”

“Very bold but let’s stay humble, okay?” he said and helped the girl scrubbed her back. She nodded in agreement and they continued scrubbing each other.

 

He was already in bed with his phone in hand while she was putting on her night cream and such. As he waited for her, he checked his email and activities that his manager had sent him.

“So what are you going to do tomorrow? I don’t think you’re just gonna sleep in since that’s what I would do..”

“Of course not. I’m not a sleeping like you baby. I was actually thinking of driving you to work than head to the office to check on things.”

“I was also hoping that you’ll just attend the meeting and that we can spend the rest of the day together since you haven’t had me to yourself for a whole day for a week. What do you say?”

“Sounds great baby. So what are we gonna do?”

“Do you wanna know or would you rather I surprise you?”

“Surprise me! I love all of your surprises.” She said and jumped to bed.

“Good girl. Now let’s sleep.”