Chapter TwentyThree

Inevitable Changes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jieun's P.O.V.: 

 

"Gaeun.....?" I muttered to myself, unable to believe what I just saw. 

 

"Hey little sis" Her lips curve up into a smile, the smile that used to make me feel secure.

 

I stare at her for a long time until L cleared his throat awkwardly.

 

“What are you doing here?” I spat out, more hostile than I expected.

 

“Aw, I feel so welcomed.” Gaeun cooed while I rolled my eyes. She strolled slowly towards my direction, never breaking the gaze between us.   

 

Sensing the tensed atmosphere, L immediately put one of his arms out protectively, sending a ‘back off’ signal to her. Gaeun raised her eyebrows, feeling amused, she said, “Now you need your boyfie to protect you? Where did the old Jieun went?”

 

Feeling offended, I push L’s hand away and mouth the words ‘its okay’ while he replied with a frown, clearly showing that he is unhappy about it. Upon seeing the scene, Gaeun smirked. Now, she walked even closer to me, put her head next to my ear and whispered,”Chanyoung died because of you.” I took in a sharp breath at her choice of words.

 

“I’m coming back for this debt.” She said, with a soft yet piercing voice. I shudder at her sentence. Before I can reply, she marched off to I assume is one of the guest room.

 

I bite my lips hard.

 

“Are you okay?” L asked.

 

No, I’m not.

 

“Yes. I’m fine.” I replied with a rather forceful smile. L took notice of that but he did not press on any further.

 

“What did she say to you?”

 

“Nothing much. Just normal things” I replied, not sure whether am I trying to assure him or myself.

 

Without waiting for his replies, I went back to my room in a complete silence. Once the door is locked, I sat on the floor and gulp.

 

Gaeun’s words still linger around my ears. She came back. To remind me how Chanyoung died in front of me and yet I did nothing about it. To tell me that feeling remorseful and guilty will not change the fact that he is no longer here.

 

If I never get drunk and drive like a mad woman that day, will everything still stay the same?

 

For 3 weeks, I told myself not to cry anymore. I told myself I need to be strong, I had to be okay. But everything doesn’t even go right at all and it was as if my life is crumbling a part.  

 

If it was Eunjae, Hana or even L’s mum, I will still try my best to grab hold of myself. I will stand strong and persevere no matter how hard things get. No matter how much guilt had been engulf inside me. But this time, it was different. It’s Gaeun we are talking about now.

 

The only kin I left in this world.

 

As much as I hate to admit the fact that she’s my elder sister, I still love her. I don’t care about the reasons or whatever ulterior motives she is having.

 

At least, she came back.

 

No matter how hostile or harsh I sounded, she always has an effect on me.

 

To hear her saying Chanyoung died because of me, it hurts way more than getting judged by strangers in school, Hana exposing her past to the public and even, Suzy ignoring me.

 

I bury my head deep into my thighs. The words she said kept on repeating in my head. I bite my lips hard, trying my very best to not let out a weeping sound.

 

However, I failed miserably.

 

Before I can even comprehend what I just did, L bulge his way into the room.  

 

L’s P.O.V.:

 

I paced around outside Jieun’s room, feeling clueless of what I should do to make her feel better.

 

Suddenly, I heard a loud scream. The kind which you can hear it in military camps where the soldiers torture the victims. Without any hesitation, I force my way into her room.

 

 

“Shhh… Shhh.. It’s okay. I’m here. I’m here.” I embrace Jieun into my arms protectively and soothe her.

 

It hurts me to see her behaving this way. Heck, scratch that. It make me feel like as if I was about to die in agony.

 

Jieun hug me back tightly and I run my fingers around her hair, like what I always did when I tried to reassure her.

 

After what feels like an eternity, she finally spoke.

 

“Can I sleep in your room tonight?” Jieun mumbled softly but I was able to hear her.

 

“Of course. You don’t even need to ask. My bed is ready for you 24/7, just like my body.” I replied, trying to lighten up the mood.

 

Jieun return me with a forceful smile and I carried her in a bridal style way. Once we reach my room, I tug her in and said, “Go to sleep. I’ll be here to ward off all the demons.”

 

She gave me a slight nod and after a while, she relax her body. Once I’m positive her breathing became calm, I gave her a small peck on the forehead and prepare to sleep in one of the couches.

 

Instantaneously, Jieun grab hold of my arm and I spun around immediately to face her.

 

“What is it, ice princess?” I asked in a gentle tone.

 

“Don’t leave me.” She said.

 

“I won’t. I am just going to sleep in the couch there, not very far away from here.” I gave her a soft smile while she shake her head like a little kid.

 

“I want you to sleep next to me.” She pouted while I was taken aback by her response.

 

“Please?” She plead, sounding desperate.

 

It’s the first time she requested me to sleep next to her.

 

Without further ado, I quickly regain my composure and slid my body next to her. Jieun snuggle close to me while I wrap my arms around her waist and intertwine our legs together.

 

“Go to sleep now okay?” I said while tracing my fingers around her facial features. With that, she slowly went into a deep slumber and not soon after, I fall asleep too.

 

The next morning, I got up early to make breakfast for Jieun.

 

I was trying my best to cut the eggs in heart-shape, with Butler Lee nagging next to me.

 

“Young master, you’re cutting it in a wrong way.” He spoke out while I frowned, still focusing on cutting the eggs.

 

“No??? I’m sure it’s the right way!”

 

“You will destroy the egg.” He sighed.

 

And he was right. The eggs were destroyed.

 

I let out a loud groan.

 

“Aish. Why is it so difficult?!”

 

“YAH OLD MAN. Get me more eggs!”

 

“Deh” He sighed, again.

 

“Oh! Miss Jieun, you’re awake?”

 

Upon hearing Jieun’s name, my eyes lit up in interest. I turn around with my spatula on one of my palm and beamed,” Morning, ice princess”

 

“Morning baby ~ ” I twitched at the sound of the voice, it sounded more deep and mature.

 

I take a closer look and let out a cuss word.

 

It’s Gaeun.

 

How did she look exactly the same as Jieun?!?!?!

 

“What are we going to eat for breakfast?” She asked, with the innocent eyes of hers.

 

I scoff at her expression.

 

I’m sure she is anything but innocent.

 

“L oppa!!!!” This time, it’s another voice which I dread to hear.

 

Hana Kim.

 

Argh. I should have just stay in the bed and cuddle all day long with my ice princess instead of facing this two stuck up !

 

"What a nice morning." I commented. 

"Young master, here is the eggs." Butler Lee politely hand the eggs over to me. Instead of grabbing the eggs, I threw the spatula to him and stomp my way back to my room. 

"Eh? You're not going to eat?" Gaeun asked, using the concern look. 

"Lost my appetite." I threw a glare at Gaeun and Hana. 

With that, I went back to my room and decide to bring Jieun out for breakfast before heading to school. 

Once Jieun has done with her wash up, I grab her hand and went to retreive Riri from the car garage. 

"Are you sure we can make it on time to school?" Jieun asked.

"Nobody cares. Take your time to eat later and we can even stroll our way back to the ty school." I remarked while Jieun laugh at my choice of words. 

"L oppa! Wait for me!!!" Hana Kim hollored.

I shrink my shoulders at the sound of her voice and quickly push Jieun to the passenger seat. 

"Faster! I don't want her to taint Riri!!!" 

When I'm about to drive out the exit lane, someone abruptly stop in front of Riri. I quickly step on the stopping pedal and yelled,"What the do you think you're doing!" 

"Trying to get a ride" Gaeun said calmly. 

"YAH! Move out of the way or I'll drive over your - "

"Let her in." Jieun spoke while I stare at her accusingly. 

"Bwoh? No! As much as she look like a replica of you, I'm not going to let her sit inside my bel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter