Chapter three

Inevitable Changes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jieun's P.O.V : 

-At the apartment-

"JIEUNNIE~! Guess what I heard today?" 

"Money drop from the sky?" 

"AISH NO. You know L? your partner? He asked me your whereabouts today when you ditched school for work!" Suzy exclaimed. 

"Please don't tell me you told him I'm working...?" 

"Of course not, I told him you was feeling unwell. I got your back covered well." She confidently said and I playfully salute her and mumbled a 'thankyou'. "I heard from my Sungyeol, they are the kingkas of the school and L is the son of the richest company in Korea! I think his family's financial status is on par with mine." Suzy continued. 

"And your point is?" I asked while drinking a glass of water I took from the kitchen.

"You should go seduce him with your charms so that you can get a good life in the future!" Suzy beamed. 

"Micheosseo?!" I stared at her."We barely talk and guys like him are nothing but danger." Before she can even continue, I quickly went to take a shower. 

-------------------

Next day, we went to school. Suzy took extra time to doll herself up, claiming that she is trying to grab her Sungyeol's attention and he will look at nobody else but her. Aggressive much. During class, Mr L is trying to attract my attention and ocassionally, he will put his hands at the back of my chair or flex his biceps. I tried my best to ignore him but he is really getting on my nerve.

"What the hell you want?" I hissed. 

"Oh you finally decided to talk to me?" He smirked. How I wish I can get rid of his smirk face. I groaned and slumped myself down the table and started zoning out.

While waiting for the next teacher to come in, I heard him saying,"Your little friend is finding you." I looked up and saw Suzy running towards me. 

 

"Jieunnie, I got the co-curricular activity forms and magazine! What cca do you want to join?" Suzy flipped through the cca magazine and asked me.

I casually shrugged," I'll just join whatever cca you want to join." Suzy nodded her head and look at the cca magazine seriously.

"Hmm it's either sports or music." Suzy asked again.

"No sports." I said in a serious tone.

Suzy pouted and said, "Arasso." 

Just then, the teacher came in. "Okay class, I'm Mr Kim and I'll be your physical education teacher for this semester. For the upcoming two months, we'll be focusing on captain's ball. Alright, please get change and meet me at the field. You have five minutes." 

"Are you sure you want to play? I can tell Mr Kim your condition and we can just sit by the bench to watch." I asked Suzy.

She rolled her eyes," Jieunnie, stop treating me like some disability person okay? I'm positive that I'm fine." I sighed. If Suzy wants to do something, there is really no way you can stop her. At times,  she can be really stubborn.

"Now instead of worrying for me, I'm worried for the other team though." Suzy replied and I just smirked. "Jieunnie, be nice okay? Be nice." I gave her the 'innocent look' and shrugged my shoulders. 

Mr Kim splitted us into two groups and we played captain's ball. "Alright, get ready for a jump ball..... 1...2...3!" He threw the ball up in the air and both side of the representatives jumped up. The opposite team got the ball. 

L, the opposing team, passed the ball to another girl. He threw it high up in the air and the girl is trying hard to position herself in a nice angle in order to catch the ball. Instinctively, I ran infront of the girl and intercept the ball. 

Once I grab hold of the ball, I throw it straight towards  Suzy and once she caught hold of the ball, she passed it to Sungyeol. Sungyeol is standing near at the goal post, he grab the ball and threw it right in. 

"0 and 1" Mr Kim yelled. Suzy squealed in delight and I gave her a 'good job' gesture. During the game, I ran around the court and intercept most of the ball down which made the opposing team groaned in annoyance, especially the girls. Little did I know, when I tried to pass the ball to Suzy, a girl came right in front of her and the ball hitted straight in her face. Oops, that must be painful. 

I wanted to go forward and help the girl to get up but Sungyeol shouted at me, "YAH! THE BALL IS WITH ME, DEFEND. DEFEND!!" I ran towards L and saw him smirking at me. 

"You really think you can block me?" He said. how arrogant. 

"Well, you never know." When Sungyeol threw the ball towards a guy, Dongwoo(the opposing team), intercept the ball and harshly threw it towards our direction. I look up, make a swift move and grab hold of the ball. When I succesfully caught hold of it, I smirked back at L and he gave me back the dumbfounded look. I ignored him and passed it straight to another guy in our group, whose name is Changmin. Changmin passed the ball straight to Sungyeol and he threw it straight into the goalpost. 

 

"Alright, time's up. The game is over. Sungyeol's team won." Mr Kim called out. Suzy run towards my direction and hugged me tightly. 

"We won the game Jieunnie!" She smiled brightly. I smiled back at her and nodded my head. 

Mr Kim came towards us and looked at me, "Jieun right? You're really good. You can attack and defend well.  Ever consider to join any sports related cca?"

I politely replied," I'm not so sure. " 

"Well, think about it." Mr Kim said and walked away. 

"Wow Jieun, you should feel privilege. Mr Kim rarely praise people." Sungyeol, out of now where popped out and said. 

Suzy beamed at him and said," Of course! Jieunnie is ...." Before she can finish off her sentence, I cut her off. 

"Let's get change." I pulled her away. 

At the changing room, a few girls approach us and one of them half yelled," Do you have to be so serious in the game just now?!" 

"You're..?" I raised my eyebrows. 

"I'm the one who got hit in the face by your ball!" She exclaimed.

"Well, it's a game and accident happens." I shrugged. 

"But we are all girls and you should be lenient. Besides, I'm one of the queenkas in the school, shouldn't you show some respect to me?" I wanted to reply her but Suzy mouthed the word 'Dont'. So, I ignored the girl and pulled Suzy out of the changing room. 

"I told you to be nice. See, you just made enemies. And to add on, it's queekas." Suzy whispered to me. 

"It is called a match for a reason." I replied. She just shakes her head and we continued to walk until someone bump into us. 

I looked at her and she started her little speech. "I heard from my friends that you used a ball and hit straight in her face?" A girl wearing full of make ups and perfume used her index finger and pointed at me. 

"It's an accident."

"By the look of your face, you don't look remorseful." Why should I? I didn't even do it on purpose. 

"Okay?" 

"I know you are new so I'm giving you a warning here. I'm Eunjae. The head of queenka in the school. Next time you see me and my group of friends, you jolly well treat us with full of respect if not, I make sure your life here in Royal high school will be nothing but hell." I sighed. Rich people really have nothing better to do. I chose not to deal with such childish people. I pulled Suzy and walked the other way. However, to my displease, we got stopped by her. Aish, this woman. 

"Is that a yes or no?" She glared at us. Before I can reply, Suzy cut me off.

"Yes! We will get out of your way."

Eunjae smirked and looked at me,"How about you?"

"No." I said in a calm voice and Suzy nudged me harshly. I ignored her and continued," Look, the last time I checked, I don't live to please you. And, respect goes in two ways. You want us to respect you? Then, show

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter