Chapter nine

Inevitable Changes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JIEUN's P.O.V. : 

I grumpily strolled into the restaurant and my manager greeted me with a beam. I returned with a polite smile and went to the staff room to retrieve my uniform. "Jieun! Table eight's customer is finding you." A waitress approached me, panting real hard. Immediately, I walked over to table eight. 

"Hey girlfriend." 

Sigh. 

"What are you doing here?" I threw him a look. 

"Can't I visit my own restaurant? Besides, I came here to study for my exam." He pointed at the pile of worksheets and I scoff at his statement. He never submit his homework whenever the teacher asked for it.

"Happy studying then." When I'm about to walk off, L grab hold of my arm. Jeesh, why does he have to always grab my arm?!

"Ain't you going to study? Tomorrow is the maths test and  Mr Lim set it really tough, just for the sake of you." L furrowed his eyebrows and I shrugged my shoulders. 

"I don't really do the study thing. I'll just have a short recap later." 

"BWOH?! Are you really that confident you will score full marks even without revising?!" Out of a sudden, the manager walked towards our direction. 

"Pl-ease l-ower yo-ur voic-e....young master." The manager timidly told L and he threw him a glare.

"I'm your young master and you're asking me to shut up?!" L hollored loudly while the manager just bowed his head furiously and kept on apologising. 

"You don't have to come to work tomorrow!" L yelled again.

WHAT? How can he just fired someone likethis?

"I'm sorry young master.... Please don't fire me, I'm the sole breadwinner of my family and I can't afford to lose this job." The manager literally begged L and he remain a poker face.

"Do I look like I care?"

Okay, this is really geting on my nerve. 

Don't snap at him Jieun, Don't.

"YAH L KIM! How can you do such things?!" Eventually, I snapped at him.

AISH JIEUN, WHY ARE YOU SO IMPULSIVE.

"Because I'm the boss." L simply replied. 

"Your dad is the boss, not you. Besides, if you want to fire someone that badly, you should seek permission from your dad and you're definitely not in any authority to fire someone." Before L can even retort back, I cut him off. "You came here and study for your maths test tomorrow right? Then, please keep your mouth shut and study well for the exam." With that, I pulled the manager away from him and left a dumbfounded L there.

"You shouldn't have done that.... Who knows what youngmaster will do to you." The manager said. 

"Why are you guys so scared of him?" I asked in a curious tone.

"He is a very scary man... You think that was bad? He can do even more worst things than this and still be able to get away with it." The manager mumbled. I frowned at his statement, from what I know, L is not this type of person.

"Whatever. I'll go and carry on with my work." I replied.

L's P.O.V. : 

After school, I went out with the guys, excluding Sungyeol since he is having a date with Suzy. We sat down at a cafe and talk about some bull. For the whole time, I'm spacing out and thinking about nothing but only Jieun.

"Hyung...? Hyung! YAH KIM MYUNGSOO!" Sungjong nudged me harshly and  I broke away from my thoughts.

"IS THAT HOW YOU SHOULD TALK TO YOUR HYUNG!" I glare at him and the latter just shrugged his shoulders. 

"What were you thinking about?" Hoya asked me and I cleared my throat, looking elsewhere. 

"Ah I know! Yeol told me that you've been trying hard to get attention from my bestie Jieun!" Woohyun wriggled his eyebrows at me while I scowled at his reply. Since when did Jieun became his bestie?

"She's an interesting girl." Sunggyu, looking up from his book, added. What? Is Hyung interested in her??

I ignored them while they continue with their conversation of Jieun. After a while, I got restless and sprang up from my seat.

"Where are you going?" Dongwoo look at me while I gave him a short reply.

"Home" 

I bid my farewell and went over to my "home". I stepped into the entrance of the Kim Restaurant and immediately, I got greeted by the waiter standing at the doorway.

"Where is the new girl?" I asked, rather impatiently.

"S-he just rea-ched here." 

"Ask her to serve me." With that, I marched towards one of the seat, took out my assignments and sat down. Then, I heard murmurs from some of the waiteresses.

"Omo~ Young master is going to study here? Since when did he even study or rather do his homework?" The waitress whispered softly but I heard her and I threw her a glare. That made her shut up.

When I saw Jieun approaching me, I smirked at her and said, "Hey girlfriend."

"What are you doing here?"

"Can't I visit my own restaurant? Besides, I came here to study." I pointed towards the pile of worksheets. 

"Happy revising then."  When she's about to walk off, I grab hold of her arm. Jeesh, why do I keep doing this? I looked so desparate.

"Ain't you going to study? Tomorrow is the maths test and  Mr Lim set it really tough, just for the sake of you." I asked her and she shrugged her shoulders.

"I don't really do the study thing. I'll just have a short recap later."

"BWOH?! Are you really that confident you will score full marks even without revising?!" Which scholarship student don't study for their test? I wonder how did she even get into our school..

"Pl-ease l-ower yo-ur voic-e....young master." Suddenly , the manager approached us said and I threw him a blazing glare.

"I'm your young master and you're asking me to shut up?!" I hollored loudly while the manager just bowed his head furiously and kept on apologising. 

"You don't have to come to work tomorrow!" I yelled again, totally ignored the presence of other customers.

"I'm sorry young master.... Please don't fire me, I'm the sole breadwinner of my family and I can't afford to lose this job." The manager started to beg me while I rolled my eyes inwardly. 

"Do I look like I care?" I retorted while Jieun snapped at me which made me turn my attention back to her. 

"Your dad is the boss, not you. Besides, if you want to fire someone that badly, you should seek permission from your dad and you're definitely not in any authority to fire someone." Before I can even retort back, she cut me off. "You came here and study for your maths test tomorrow right? Then, please keep your mouth shut and study well for the exam." With that, She pulled the manager away from me and I drop my jaws out.

I take in a deep breath and stomped out of the restaurant. 

I went back home and slammed my bedroom door harshly. 

Jeesh, that girl really gets on my nerve but why can't I just treat her the same as how I treated the other people who go against me?!

Because you l-ik... Before my sub-conscious can even reply me, I shouted," SHUT THE UP!"

And that, made Butler Lee came running along towards my bedroom and he asked, "Young master, are you okay?"

"Yea, just talking to myself."

"Okay... Do you want to eat anything?" 

"Just leave me the hella alone!" I snapped at Butler Lee.

"Arasso."

I let out a heavy groan and went to shower to calm myself down. Then, I grab my phone and type a short message to Jieun. 

 

 To: Ice Princess

Just so you know, I'm giving you face that's why I decided not to create anymore commotion.

 

From: Ice Princess

And your point is?  

 

To: Ice Princess

You're going to repay me ;)

 

After waiting for quite some time, Jieun did not reply me and I ruffled my hair roughly. Why is she ignoring me? I stare at my phone screen and pouted. 

Another 10 minutes have passed....

Screw it!

I unlock my phone screen and dial for her number. After 3 rings, she pick up. Before I can even yell at her she greeted me "Yoboseyo?" I frowned at the voice.

"Suzy?" I said

"Neh. L Oppa? Why did Jieunnie save your number as annoying brat?" Suzy replied. I gape at the word "annoying brat". She saved my name as that?! Jeesh, this girl... 

"Can you get her on the line?"

"Deh..." From the background of the sound, I vaguely heard Suzy shouting at Jieun's name. 

"What do you want?" Jieun harshly asked. 

"You save my name as annoying brat?" I tried to stay as calm as possible. 

"You have a problem with it?" 

"YOU LITTLE.... Aish forget it. I didn't call you for that. I'm calling you for the deal we made just now. I'm going to tell you the plans for tomorrow and ...... " With that, I started to explain to her about the fake relationship between us.

"Are you done with the talking?" Jieun yawned through her phone. 

"Do you understand everything I said just now?" 

"Mhmm." 

"Okay then, see y- " The line went dead. 

Did she just hang up on me.... the great L?! Ugh, she always get on my nerve even without doing anything. I puff out my cheeks and slump myself down my bed. I close my eyes and went to my dreamland.

The next day, I got up early and strolled over to my car garage to retrieve my red ferarri. I park my car at the alley Jieun told me yesterday and wait for her. After a good 5 minutes, Jieun open the car door and sat down at the back seat of the car. I turned around and stare at her, "The front seat."  She move towards the front seat while holding on to something. 

"What is that?" I eye at the thing she is holding.

"Breakfast" She munch on her chocolate muffin while there is some crust dropping down on my car seat and I grumble in annoyance.

"NO FOOD IN MY CAR, WOMAN." I raise my voice at her and she didn't even flinch but continue to munch on her muffin. In a flash, I went over to her side, wanting to grab the muffin away from her but ended up, the muffin dropped at the car deck. I widen my eyes into sockets and stare at her.

"It's not my fault." She held both of her hands up in surrender. 

There goes my beautiful wife...

 I drove to school in a total silence. When we reached the sideway of Royal High School, suddenly, Jieun muttered softly. "Sorry."

"Bwoh? I can't hear you" I turn around and grin at her while she just look away. I chuckled inwardly.

I can never stay mad at her.

"Arasso. It's no big deal. Are you ready for the 'performance' ?" I smirked at her and she just nod her head, still looking away. I get out of the car first and open the other side of the car door for Jieun. She got out from the car and I s my right hand onto her waist, pulling her close to me. Then, I lean down and whispered something into her ear," Stay in this position."

We strolled into the hallway in that position and caused many murmurs from the other people. For the whole time, I smirked and we reached the classroom. 

"You did a good job." I muttered next to her and she didn't reply me. In the mean time, Eunjae stomped into the class with her minions and I look at her with one of my eyebrows raised.

"L OPPA~! Is that disgusting ugly thing your girlfriend?" Eunjae questioned and I winced

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter