Chapter Eighteen

Inevitable Changes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jieun's P.O.V. : 

Once I reach the schoolgate, they(L's fangirls) are staring at me. Again. I fight the urge to not glare at them or even roll my eyes. I strolled sloppily towards my locker to retrieve my stuffs. Just then, I saw a girl standing right infront of my locker, crossing her arms to her chest and made a direct eye to eye contact with me.

By the way she present herself, I'm sure she's one of the queenka. However, I've never seen her before,I guess she might be a new transfer student. 

"YOU. COME HERE." She pointed her index finger straight at me and demanded. 

Ignoring her, I walked towards the opposite direction. Instaneously, I got pushed against a wall. Before I can even rebut, she leaned in  close to me next whisper harshly. "Lee Jieun right? Leave my L oppa now or you'll regret."

I sighed and replied, " Why do all the people here thinks that they have a say in other people's life?" 

She hissed in an unladylike way and glare at me,"Bae Suzy, best friend. Lee Gaeun, Twin sister "

"Oh, and Bae Chanyoung."

My eyes widened. How does she know Gaeun and Chanyoung?!

Seeing my facial expression change, she threw me a devilish smirk, "Yes, I do know about them. Every single one of them. In fact, I know everything. Your past. Your background. How your parents died and why your twin sister ran away from you. And how, Chanyoung is -"

"STOP." I took in a deep breath and bite my lips. 

"Who do you think you are to have a say in my life?" She mimick me and smirked. 

"What do you want?" I kept a poker face but I can feel that I'm actually trembling in fear.

How did she know my past? 

"Don't pretend to be fine. I can hear your heart beat is racing faster and faster." She pointed towards my chest. 

"As mentioned, leave L oppa." 

I bite my lips hard. Leave L? Although I think I might not have any feelings for him, but I don't want to leave him. Just the thought of it made me sick and uncomfortable.

Out of nowhere, I heard L's voice. "YAH HANA KIM!!!!!"

"Get your hands off my Jieun." His icy tone pierced through the hallway.

"Fine fine." She casually shrugged. "I shall take my leave. Later, monster"  

Once Hana left, I let out a heavy breathe that I've been holding in just now.

L came to me in seconds and touch my cheek gently," Are you alright?" 

Almost immediately, I snapped his hand off harshly and yelled, "Dont touch me!" 

He look crestfallen about the action I did just now. 

I can't let the guys know about this. Especially L. I can't let them know that I'm actually a horrible person. All along, I'm not even being honest with them. I can't afford to let them know. I can't. I just can't.

As if on cue, I used this chance and quickly make my way out of the school building. 

I'm terribly sorry, L. 

L's P.O.V. : 

I rush towards the hallway quickly, knowing what Hana Kim is capable of. If she want something, she will use any methods just to get it. No matter what price she has to pay or even any sacrifices she has to make.

"Will Jieunnie be okay?" Suzy asked and by the tone of her voice, she sound scared. I guess Sungyeol must have told her about Hana Kim.

"I doubt so. This woman is unpredictable. She can literally ruin everyone's life."Sunggyu replied, as a matter of fact. I glared at him furiously. 

Why does he always talk at the wrong timing?!

When I reached the hallway, I saw Hana Kim cornering Jieun. And I vividly saw Jieun's facial expression. Although she kept the poker face, as if she is not affected at all but I saw her clenching her fist tightly. Not to mention, she is trembling.

Instinctively, I shouted, "HANA KIM!!!!"

"Get your hands of my Jieun." I demanded.

If she's not going to pry her hands off Jieun, be it girl or not, I'll really make her suffer. 

"Fine fine." She casually shrugged. "I shall take my leave. Later, monster"  

Ignoring her, I rapidly went to Jieun's side and asked if she's okay. 

To my outermost surprise, she snapped my hands off and hollored, "Dont touch me!" 

Ouch. I felt the stang pain stabbed into my heart. I lowered my head while she quickly make her way out. 

"Woah, what just happened?" Dongwoo questioned. 

I frowned. Why is she pushing me away? She looked so uncomfortable and disturbed when Hana Kim was talking to her just now.

Just what did Hana said to her? 

Screw it. My mind can't even think straight now. All I can think of is to make sure Jieun is alright. 

I felt the need to protect her.

"Hey, you alright there?" Woohyun asked.

"You look like you're going to rip off someone's head." Sungyeol added. 

"I'm going to look for Jieunnie." Suzy remarked and left us. 

"I'm going to find out what's really going on." With that, I left the guys too. 

----------------------

I went to Hana's classroom and harshly dragged her out of the class.

"Yah L oppa! Let me go!" Hana whined.

Totally not affected, I continue to dragged her.

We went to the backyard of the school, where the is no one there. 

"What did you tell Jieun?" I demanded.

She raised one of her eyebrows,"Why does it concern you?" 

"Because she's my girlfriend!" I let out an exasperated sigh. 

"It's fake girlfriend to fan off your fangirls. I know that already. So drop the act." Hana replied coldly.

I growled and glare at her deadly, "Dont.Test.My.Patience."

The latter gulp in fear and timidly said,"Y-ah... I only told her the facts that I know about her. She's the one who can't handle it." 

"Details." I rolled my eyes and replied.

"She didnt tell you?" 

Aish this girl is really testing my patience. 

"Can you just bloody get to the main point?!" I yelled at her. 

"If you're so interested in her past, ask Bae Suzy!" She shouted back at me. 

Taken aback, I stuck my tongue towards my left cheek and let out a hiss. 

"So its really about her past?" 

She rolled her eyes and replied, "Then what do you think it is? Me threatening her using my family background?" 

"Don't get near Jieun again." 

"Oh and, we are impossible. So drop off the thought that we might even be in a relationship. We're merely just acquaintance." 

"I thought we're cousins?" Hana gasped in horror.

"That's just a label." I replied boredly.

After leaving the school backyard, I went to get Riri and drove back to Jieun's house.

Jieun's P.O.V. : 

I laid down on my bed and the flashback of that incident rewind again. The scene just won't stop repeating in my head. I feel tremendously miserable.

I want to cry it all out. To make all the emptiness and sadness go away. But you know that feeling when you're in so much pain that you can't even cry or even shed a tear? Your heart just feel numb. It's like your heart is being wrapped tightly by a foil and no matter how much you try to lessen the pain, it just won't work. Instead, the foil will surround your heart even tighter. To the extend that you feel suffocated.

I used to try and sleep all the troubles away. However, gradually, sleep doesn't even help at all. Time from time, I'll wake up from nightmares. I dreamt things. Scary things. And the worst part was?  It felt so real, so real that I always woke up abruptly and trying to gasp for air to breath.

If only, that was just another nightmare. If only, it's not real.

Things will be so much better. 

Feeling frustrated, I close my eyes and try to get some sleep. At least waking up from nightmares is better that the emptiness and misery I'm suffering now.

After a while of 'trying to get myself to sleep',I felt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter