Chapter seven

Inevitable Changes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

NO ONE's P.O.V. : 

 

"Welcome to the second stage of the game. This game is called modified musical chairs. There will be a certain number of chairs being place in a circle. All of you will be standing in a circle outside that. Music will be play and while the music is playing, you guys have to walk in unison around the chairs. When the music player suddenly stops the music, the guys must race to sit down in one of the chairs while at the same time, pull your partner to sit onto your lap. The partner who is left without a chair, is eliminated from this stage. One chair is then remove. The music resumes and the cycle repeats until there is only one pair left in the game, who will be the winner for this stage."

 

Jieun cursed under her breath and L just chuckled. 

 

"Alright, Let the game begin!" The first song they played is S & M by Rihanna. After 20 seconds, they stopped the music and the surroundings became chaotic. Many guys are trying to grab their partner and find a chair to sit. Meanwhile, L casually strolled towards a chair which nearly got stolen by another pair of couple and Jieun groaned in annoyance.

 

"As lame as it is, can you play it properly? Jieun scowled at L while he just shrugged his shoulder.

 

"I got hold of the chair. Sit on my lap now." L replied. Without any comeback, Jieun comply and went straight to sit on his lap rather harshly, causing L to yelp in pain. 

 

"Be gentle, woman. It is my y lap that you are sitting on, not the cheapo chair!" L hissed and Jieun gave him an innocent look.

 

For the rest of the game, L will curse and swear at Jieun while she just kept her poker face and continue to do what she want. "Okay, now we only left two chairs and there is three pairs left in this game. Anything to tell the opposing team?" The game master asked.

 

Immediately, one of the opposing team, which is formed up by an old ahjusshi and ahjumma took the microphone and the ahjusshi shouted, "NO MATTER WHAT, WE WILL NOT LOSE THIS STAGE TO YOU KIDDOS!!!"  The crowd cheered out loudly while Jieun rolled her eyes and L just stare at them, full of amusement. On the hand, the other pair of couple just stood there and smirked.

 

"I found the motivation to play this game properly." L whispered to Jieun.

 

"And why is it so?" 

 

"Because they called me a kiddo." L retorted. The game master played the song for the final match, which is Royals by Cheryl Lorde.

 

The ahjusshi and ahjumma glare at them and watch each of their action closely. Occasionally, L will try to move towards the chair and trick them. They fell into his trap and L chortled towards himself while Jieun threw him a dirty look and comment, "Jerk."

 

"Yah young man. We are already old people, shouldn't you be lenient to us?" The ahjusshi whispered to L while walking into the circle, loud enough for them to hear. "My wife is suffering from a really serious illness and the last thing she wants to do before she die is to go to Paris. I can't afford the plane ticket and we really need the grand prize." Jieun glance over his wife direction and saw her coughing, looking a bit pale and in pain.

 

"Well, a game is a game and I'm not going to let you just because your wife is ill." 

Suddenly, the music stopped and in a swift move, L grabbed hold of the chair while the other pair already sat down in another chair. Jieun look at the ahjusshi which gave her the pleading look and she sighed. Jieun just stood there and didn't move towards L. 

"What are you doing? Sit on my lap one more time and we will win this." L motion towards his lap but Jieun never even move an inch. He tried to grab her to sit onto her lap but she give him a dead glare which make the latter retreat his hands back.

 

The game master looked at the scene in confusion, "Why are you not sitting on his lap? It's an easy win for you guys." 

 

"My leg cramp." Jieun said in a monotone which make the game master speechless. The game master then marched over to find the judges and discuss the conclusion for this stage.

"Er okay... For this stage, there will be no winner which meant a tie. Supposingly, we are going to use the first and second stage scores to tabulate the last two finalist. But now, the judges came into a conclusion that there will be a slight change. The last three pairs of couple left in this stage will be enlisted into the final stage." The game master continued. "Please take a 15 minutes break and proceed to the location. Thankyou." 

 

Jieun's P.O.V. :

 

"What was that for?" L asked me. 

 

"I told you, my leg cramped." 

 

"I don't buy that. Don't tell me you really believe what the ahjusshi said just now?" L raised his eyebrows at me and I never respond. "Since when are you that kind? How about the grand prize that you wanted?" 

 

"I only wanted the bear because Suzy really likes it." I retorted. 

 

 "Oh, so you did all these just for the sake of Suzy?!" L yelled and I grimaced at his voice. 

 

This is the first time he yelled at me. 

 

"Stop yelling." 

 

"Why can't I yell?! I thought you really wanted the grand prize, I do it for the sake of you!" 

 

"Can't you see that the ahjusshi and ahjumma need the prize more? I want it but they need it!" 

 

"Can't you see that maybe they are just conman and woman? They might be lying to you for god's sake!" 

 

"What if it is real? What if the wife really ended up dying with regrets? WHAT IF?" I shouted back at him.   

 

"OKAY FINE! Let's not participate the final match so they will have higher chance of winning then." L sarcastically replied, a little more calmer this time. 

 

"No. There is another pair of couple out there and they're good. They will easily win the grand prize if we drop out from the final match. I'm going to participate and win the prize, then give the plane ticket to the ahjusshi and ahjumma." I said in a calm tone.

 

"What makes you think that I'm going to help you?" L questioned.

 

"Because it's not everytime you get to see Jieun owing you a favor." I replied, as a matter of fact. L stare at me and suddenly, his irritated face vanished and turned into a grin.

 

"What?!" Now I'm annoyed.

 

"Nothing, let's go." He grinned at me. 

 

L's  P.O.V. : 

"I don't buy that. Don't tell me you really believe what the ahjusshi said just now?" I raised my eyebrows at Jieun and she never respond. "Since when are you that kind? How about the grand prize that you wanted?"

 

From what I know, Jieun isn't a kind person.

 

"I only wanted the bear because Suzy really likes it." She retorted. 

 

"Oh, so you did all these just for the sake of Suzy?!" I yelled. For Suzy, again?!

 

This is the first time I yelled at her and I regretted.

 

"Stop yelling." 

 

"Why can't I yell?! I thought you really wanted the grand prize, I do it for the sake of you!" I'm really annoyed by her. I never participate in such events before because I find super lame and to a certain extend, it'll destroy my image. I chose to participate for the sake of her and I really made an effort for the games. Yet, she just made every of my effort goes in vain. 

 

"Can't you see that the ahjusshi and ahjumma need the prize more? I want it but they need it!"  I stare at her. Since when the ice princess cares for people's feeling? 

 

"Can't you see that maybe they are just conman and woman? They might be lying to you for god's sake!" I'm sure you are not that naive are you? 

 

"What if it is real? What if the wife really ended up dying with regrets? WHAT IF?" She shouted back at me. 

 

That's the first time she raise her voice at me. I sighed inwardly.

 

I don't want to argue with Jieun, the feeling don't feel good at all.

 

"OKAY FINE! Let's not participate the final match so they will have higher chance of winning then." I sarcastically replied, a little more calm this time. 

 

"No. There is another pair of couple out there and who knows, they might win the grand prize. I'm going to participate and win the prize, then give the plane ticket to the ahjusshi and ahjumma." She said in a calm tone. 

 

BWOH?!

 

"What makes you think that I'm going to help you?" I cross my arms to my chest and questioned.

 

"Because it's not everytime you get to see Jieun owing you a favor." She replied. After hearing what she said, I broke into a grin.

 

I can never stay mad at Jieun for long.

--------------------------

"The final stage for this event. Either you win it with the grand prize or go home with nothing." The MC continued," As you can see, it's not really a game but more of a mission type. There will be a theme in each of the changing room and you all have to change into an outfit individually, take a couple picture, submit to us and we will let the crowd to vote the 'sweetest couple' among the three pairs. There won't be any scores t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter