Chapter TwentyOne

Inevitable Changes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

L's P.O.V. : 

You know the feeling when someone exposed everything about themself to you and you don't really know how or what to reply? That's exactly what I'm feeling right now. 

Honestly speaking, I don't really care about what she did in the past. I know her well enough that she will not do such things and even though she did kill Chanyoung, be it directly or indirectly, so what? We are all humans and we make mistakes. I might be close to perfection of a good-looking god but still, I do not have any rights to judge her or even pinpoint what is right and what is wrong. 

Afterall, it's the present that matters. I will rather live in the moment than caring about the past. 

So, being an unexpressive person, I decided to show her through my actions by kissing her.

After a while, I reluctantly pull myself away from her, gaping for air to breath in. She responded to my kiss. It felt so wonderful, so alluring that I didnt want it to stop. But if I did not pull away, we probably end up in coma due to lack of oxygen.

Sigh, that's the bad part of being a human.

You can't kiss the woman you love for 24/7 without taking a break.

I stare at her tenderly while she return me with a smile. A smile filled with bliss in her eyes. Whenever she is really happy, one of her eyebrows tends to be a little higher than the other. 

And for some unknown reason, I find that extremely cute. 

"Jieun, it's okay. I know no matter what I say right now, the guilt and trouble will not go away. But please bear this in mind, as long it is you, whatever shape and sizes or packages comes along with you, I will gladly take it.  And, whatever happens in the future, you're not alone. Not anymore. I will not leave you.  We will go through this together and I swear to the angels, I will never give up on you. On us. If things get any tougher than this, I will just try harder and harder until we go through the obstacle. As cheesy or absurd it sounds, I know you're going to be that someone which I will spend the rest of my life with."

"So, In short, I just want to tell you that"

I took in a deep breath and said,

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I love you, my ice princess."

 

Although she did not mention anything along the line of 'i love you' but just her actions alone clearly shown it. She wrapped her arms around me and kiss my lips voluntarily. She never does that. Just this action is enough to make me feel giddy. 

I brush my fingers along her soft hair gently and gave a few more pecks before I bring her to our little paradise. 

 

The tree house. 

 

We took turns to shower even though I told her that we should save the earth resources by saving the water. And what I got from her was a big fat slap on the thigh. 

 

"Let's sleep in early. We still have school tomorrow." Jieun dry her hair while saying. 

I frowned.

After what happened tonight, this girl still wants to go to school?!

"Are you sure about that?" I questioned.

It's okay Jieun. You can back out any time you want.

"Yea. There is no point skipping school when you're fully aware that I still need to face this eventually. It's just the matter of sooner or later. So, the faster it ends, the better." She explained.  

I raised both of my eyebrows. 

Wow, she is so unpredictable man. Normally, people will opt for skipping school and take a break from all this problem and yet she chose to face it bravely. 

If I'm in her shoes, I will probably just skip school for the rest of the semester. On the side note, she is just a girl and she is taking all this in better than I expected.

"Alright. We will head to school then. Sleepwell, my princess." I gave her a small peck on the forehead while she snuggle herself close to me.

-----------------------------------------------

"L, you don't have to do this. I will just walk in alone. I'm fine by that." Jieun argued.

Righ now, we are inside Riri and arguing about me walking in together with her. 

"But I want to!" I let out an exasperated sigh and replied. 

For the n times, I've been telling her that we are going through this together. Just which part does she not understand?! 

"I can go through this alone. It's my problem, not yours. Just let me deal with it by myself." 

"Don't forget that I'm your authentic boyfriend now and whether you like it or not, I'm going to accompany you!" I replied, filled with serious tone. 

"I know I know. But you have to understand, I do not want to ruin your reputation nor your friendship with your friends. I'm positive that later when I walk in to the school, you will not like the atmosphere. You will not like the feeling. To top it off, you will hate the dirty stares people throw at you. And the sole reason was because of you, standing next to me." 

"Who the hell cares about what they think about me? Well if my friends are going to leave me just because of this reason, then don't you think that this says a lot about our 'friendship' ? It just shows how much I stood in their heart."

"But - "

"That's it. I'm walking in. WTH YOU. End of discussion." 

Just when Jieun wants to convince me again, I shut her off by humming some random songs and pretend I did not hear her. 

 

No one's P.O.V. : 

Once they get out of Riri, L held Jieun's hand tightly and they walked down the hallway. 

Everyone who past by them will stopped and took a glance at them. Some will threw her a dirty look. Some will glare at her and gave her a disgusted look. Some even started to judge her from top to bottom by whispering among themselves.

"Omo, look! It's that monster. She came back to school!" 

"Wow, she has the guts to come back?" 

"The one who killed Chanyoung and still lied to Suzy. What a wonderful person she is." 

Why is our great L still with her? Did she beg him to stay with her? Shameless woman!" 

Upon hearing many cynical remarks just by strolling down the hallway, L poke his tongue at the right side of his cheek. 

"You're right. I hate this." L whispered harshly towards Jieun, feeling completely irritated and annoyed. "Not because of you but all these no-life freaks" 

"Ignore." is the only word Jieun replied. 

L took a glance at her and immediately, his expression softens. His Jieun, is forcing out a tight smile while walking to class. Beneath all her cold and distant exterior, she is just as fragile and vulnerable as a piece of glass. Once it breaks, nothing could mend it back anymore. Yet she is trying so hard, to make sure the last piece of her is still inplace. She is trying not to let the last fragment of her to break too. 

And this is another reason why L like about her, 

she do not let any obstacle to put her down. Instead, she let them become a source of strength to be someone stronger.

 

"Finally, we're in the class!" L remarked.

Jieun replied with another tight smile while she constantly scan her eyes around the class.

She is finding for that someone. The person who she will put before everything else, the person who she will do anything just to make sure she is happy. The person who she no longer treated her as another friend but a family member. 

Not soon after, Suzy slowly strolled into the class with Sungyeol right next to her. Once their eyes locked to each other, Suzy immediately turn her heels around and stomp her way out.

Jieun bite her lips hard and her eyes begin to water. She gulped in her saliva, just like how she tries to swallow all her emotions and not let it all out.

"Everything is going to be okay." L squeeze her hands tightly and reassure her. 

She nod her head slow

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter