Chapter four

Inevitable Changes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jieun's P.O.V. :

-At Work-

I looked at the mirror, seeing the reflection of myself. I'm wearing one of the typical maid costume which is in black and white. I close my locker and sighed. I walked out of the staff room and got greeted by my boss, "Jieun, can you please serve table eight?" I noded my head, grabbed my memo pad and marched towards the table. 

"Your orders?" I took out a pen and waited for them to reply. 

"Is that how you serve a customer? Not even saying 'Annyeong! May I take your orders?' " One of them asked. I looked up from my memo pad and immediately, I groaned. Those ahjusshis again, how annoying. They've been practically coming here every week since I started working in this cafe. Jeesh.

"What do you want to eat or drink?" I asked, rather impatiently. 

"I come here for entertainment, not to tolerate your attitude. Besides, this is not the way you should talk to your customer!" One of the ahjusshis hollored. I rolled my eyes and walk away but one of them grab my arm. I take in a deep breath and I turned around.

"So you make up your mind on what you want to eat already?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Call your boss to come here now!" Another ahjusshi demanded. I sighed. 

"Look, I'm not in the mood for this okay? I have a bad day already. Either you tell me your orders or I suggest that I get another waitress to serve you." Just then, my boss ran towards our direction. 

"Oh sorry! I'm sorry for her behavior. She is feeling a bit unwell today." My boss bowed down several times and explained something that I don't even bother to listen to. Why does everyone use the 'not feeling well' as a reason? Do I really look like I'm unwell?

"If she agrees to company us for a supper date, we will let this go." The ahjusshi smirked. Really? Supper with you guys? I rather not eat supper for the rest of my  life.

"Uh...uh.. I'm afraid I c-an't do this..." My boss mumbled, rather softly. 

I blew some air towards my fringe. Aish, enough is enough. I took out my phone and dial a number. "Yawbosehyo? I'm actually having a problem right now. There are a few ahjusshis trying to create a nuisance at my working place..... Deh....Address? Oh, the address is Stre-" One of the ahjusshi grabbed my cellphone and glare at me. Not even flinching, I glared back at him. " Leave this place or police station, your choice." 

The ahjusshi let out a low groan, he flipped one of the table harshly, causing the boss and the other customers to jump in shock. And he said in a stern voice, "Watch out. As long this woman is here, I will make sure this cafe have no business and go bankrupt." With that, he left the cafe with his group of friends. 

The boss look out of the cafe exit, making sure those ahjusshis have left, he sighed in relief. Then, he turned around and went to pacify the other customers who are probably in too much shock. I kept my poker face and continue to do my work.

After work, my boss came to me and he sheepishly smile. "What is it?" I asked.

"Uhm... you know those ahjusshis who created a nuisance just now? They're actually hooligans who 'ruled' this street and I can't afford to offend them in one way or another. So er... can.. you... " Before my boss can finish his sentence, I cut him off.

"So can I quit my job?" The boss gave me an awkward smile. " If you say so." Not like I can say 'I don't want to quit' or whatsoever.

Great, my boss just fired me.

"I'm sorry.... I'll pay you extra 2months of salary." He quickly said. Oh well, you can't really blame him can you? I just nod my head and took the salary. "You are really a good employee, I'm sure you can find a better job!" He timidly said and without replying him, I left the cafe. 

I strolled back towards the apartment and when I open the door, I was greeted with Suzy's bright smile. "Welcome back, JIEUNNIE~" I tried to smile back but I'm too tired to do it. I sloppily walked into the apartment and slumped myself down at the living room. "What's wrong?" I just got fired and I don't even know when can I find another job with such good salary. 

"Nothing, just too tired." I replied. Suzy raised her eyebrows at me but said nothing.

I close my eyes and went into my dreamland. 

The next day in school, I walked into the class with Suzy. I  went to my seat and slumped myself down the table. Immediately, I fell asleep. After a while, L nudged me harshly. "What do you want?" I hissed at him but he never respond. 

I look up and saw a male teacher glaring at me. Jees

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter