Chapter Seventeen

Inevitable Changes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

L's P.O.V. :

While I'm driving both of us to school, Jieun suddenly blurted, "Can I ask you a question?"

"Hmmmm?"

"How did you manage to be so thickskin?" 

Just then, I stepped on my brakes abruptly and glare at her. 

"Bwoh?!" 

She put her hands up in surrender, " I mean how can you possibly still able to say all these even after I rejected you? Don't take it to heart, I'm just being curious." 

I dropped my jaw in shock. Really? Normal girls will be like "Omg you're so sweet. This is my perfect ideal boyfriend" and she actually called me thickskin? 
 

Just what do I see in this girl man? 

I took in a deep breath and plasterd a fake smile, "Well, because I'm L. And I'm a determined guy. Probably more determined than Suzy." 

Jieun shrugged and replied, "Wow. I'm impressed." 

I raised one of my eyebrow and stare at her, waiting for her to continue.

"I mean if it was a normal human-being, they will be sulking at home and avoid the person at all cost. But no you didn't. Instead, you took a even more aggressive move which really shock me."

I moved my head towards her, not breaking away the eye contact. Then, I lean down and stare straight in her eyes. "Does that make you change your feelings for me?"  

"Y-ah. Move your head away." Jieun cleared . 

I lightly knock my head on hers and chuckle softly to myself. 

She blushed. And it was because of me. How cute. 

----------------------

 

During our break, she took out the lunchbox I gave her this morning. 

And I vividly remember yesterday night. 

 

*Flash back*

I was sitting down grumpily on the living room's sofa and put on my signature black face. Jieun rejected me. She just say she can't return back the feelings I had for her. Does she not like me the way I like her too?

 

I thought I'm perfect. How can she not like me? I wrinkled my nose and kept on rewind the words Jieun told me.

 

"But I don't think I can return you back the same feeling"


Damn. It hurts. In fact, it hurts a lot. More than you can even imagine. 


I took in a deep breath and sigh sadly to myself.


"Y-ah L. Why are you being so emotional. I'm not used to it." Sungyeol, harshly nudge me and asked.

" off" I closed my eyes, not wanting to vent all my anger on Yeol. 

"Uh-uh. I'm not going to leave until you decide to get your up and face this little cute face of mine"

Just when I'm about to chase Sungyeol out of the house, Sungjong came running along to my living room.

"Hyung~~~ We brought your favourite food and games!"

I raised one of my eyebrow, We?

"Don't doubt. All of us are here." The guys, one by one, intruded my house 

I clenched my fist tight and threw Sungyeol a glare.

Why is he always being so nosy?

"Trust me, you might want to strangle me now. But after this session, you will thank me." Sungyeol winked at me.

I rolled my eyes. 

"Come, let's eat. After that, we will think of ways to help you get Jieunnie back!" Woohyun made a fighting sign. 

"Bwoh?! She just rejected me. And I -" 

  "And you're planning to give up?" Sunggyu cut me off. 

"Well, yes..."  I timidly replied.

"Remember how you always top the class and won tons of medals effortlessly during middle school? I don't know what's gotten into you lately. But I've never seen you like a girl to such extend. So this time, we're going to help you. No matter if you want it or not" Sunggyu said with authority in his voice.

"Yea man. The L we know doesn't give up easily." Sungyeol replied, filled with sincerity.

I look at all of them and smile to myself.

"Thanks guys. I love you all." I said, without hesitation.

Jeesh. did i just say that. 

Immediately, the guys all shudder and threw me the disgusted face. 

"I guess we must worship Jieun next time. She actually change this oh no emotion guy to someone so cheesy." Dongwoo remarked which made everyone laugh out loudly.


*End of flashback*

 

"Jieunnie, can I have one of the sausage?" Woohyun winked at me while asking Jieun.

Aish this guy.

"No." Jieun said bluntly.

"Awwwww, who made this for you?" Hoya teased. 

"Yea. Don't be so selfish. Share some with us" Sungyeol added.

"Yah you guys. Don't go overboard." I hollored.

"Yes you horrible people. Don't bully my Jieunnie!" Suzy shot them a cute glare which caused them to laugh loudly. 

I nudged Jieun lightly and whispered, "How does it taste like?" 

"Horrible." 

I grimaced at her bluntness, "Does it really taste that bad?" 

"You can try it yourself." She let me taste the food and in a split second, I vomit the food out.

"It taste like . No, it probably taste even worst than ." I tried to snatch the lunchbox away from her and to my outermost surprise, she stopped me. 

"It's not that bad. Better than Gaeun's." 

"Gaeun.....?" 

Who the hell is that?

"My twin sister."

"Oh... Don't force yourself to eat it. I'm really fine with you throwing the food away." I said, with seriousness in my voice.

"This is your first try and you even injured yourself while cooking. Moreover, it's not that bad. So, stop telling me what to do." Jieun chewed the food while replying me. 

I  stared at her with complete shock. 

I'm sure the food tasted horrible yet she still ate it without complaining. She even noticed the injury on my palm. To be honest, I'm really touched.

Jeesh L, what are you doing?! Shouldn't it be you making her fall in love for you? Why is it the other way round? 

Everyday, I get to know Jieun more and little did I know, 

 

 

 

I'm the one falling for her all over again. 

 

Behind all those witty words and iceprincess appearance, she's actually a lovely and sweet girl. Another reason why I should hold on to girls like her. 

"Arasso. I'll make s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter