Chapter ten

Inevitable Changes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

L's P.O.V. :

Few weeks have past. We took our semester exam and within a few days, the results were released at the bulletin board.

"OMO THE RESULTS ARE OUT! " Suzy hollored and we followed after her. "Jeesh, I can't see anything. Baby, can you help me check?" 

"Yea sure." Sungyeol replied and he took a glimpse at it, immediately, his eyes popped out out." L ! YOU GOT SECOND!!"

"BWOH????? WHO'S FIRST!!!!" I yelled, demanding for an answer. There are no one in this school is smarter than me.

No one other than Jieun, my sub-conscious reminds me. 

Shut up!

"Lightbulb got first!" Sungyeol shrieked in horror. I groaned in annoyance while Suzy went over to Jieun's side and ruffled her hair. 

"Why are you so unhappy about it? At least it's your girlfriend not somebody else." Hoya smirked which made my blood boils even more.

When I'm about to ask Jieun how did she manage to get first in the level even without revising, I saw her smiling back at Suzy. That made my heart skip a beat. The thought of 'interrograte' her vanished.

"Babyyy! You beat Eunjae, you got in third in level!" Sungyeol beamed at Suzy which made her screamed at the top of her lungs. I winced at her voice while she did a victory dance together with Sungyeol and Woohyun.

"How about you baby, what's your rank?" Suzy asked.

"Sixth!" Sungyeol proudly said.

"Can we go and eat now? I'm starvingggg." Sungjong whined. 

---------------------------------------

After break, It Mr Kim's class. He strolled into the class and instructed, " As you guys know, we'll be having our fitness test today and we're having a combine class with next door. Get yourself change and I'll see you in the field later. You have 5 minutes."

We changed into our PE attire and went to the field. I squinted my eyes and look at the surrounding, I saw Jieun and Suzy. Just when I'm about to approach them, someone stopped me.

"L OPPA! We're having the same class today. How lucky!" Eunjae beamed at me.

How unlucky...

Suzy clung onto Jieun's arm and walked towards our direction.

"Hi ugly thing." Eunjae smirked at Jieun. 

"Old haggard." Jieun said, completely unaffected by her words. Eunjae glare at Jieun and she return back with a bored stare. 

"You two little ugly thing might win me in terms of study, but in terms of fitness, I'll easily win you two because I'm the the fittest girl in this school." Eunjae proudly stated. 

"Goodluck with it" Suzy replied while Jieun just nod her head and walked past her. That irritates Eunjae even more. 

"L oppa ~ If I win Jieun, you must break up with her and come back to me." Eunjae said while I just rolled my eyes.

Wait till you see how fit Jieun is, you'll drop your freaking jaw.

We walked over to Mr Kim's side and he gave out his instructions. The first station is 4x10 metre shuttle run and we're split into two sides, boys one side, girls one side. While I'm waiting for my turn, I glance over at the girls' direction. 

"First runner, Eunjae." She proudly strolled over towards the starting line. When Mr Kim blew the whistle, she ran as fast as she can. "9.5 seconds." Mr Kim recorded and he continued to called for the other girls. 

"Suzy!" She went over to the starting line and waited for the whistle. I stare at Jieun's face, she looked overly worried.

I frowned and nudged Sungyeol, "Does Suzy have any illness?"

"What?! No! How can you curse my Suzy!" Sungyeol replied and I frowned even harder. 

Why does Jieun looked so overly worried?

While Suzy is running, Jieun's eyes never leave Suzy and when she's done, Mr Kim hollored, "10.7seconds" Suzy pouted while Jieun patted her shoulders and mumbled something that I can't really hear. Meanwhile, Eunjae threw a devilish smirk at them. 

"Next up, Jieun!" Mr Kim shouted.

"Jieunnie~ DO ME PROUD!" Suzy cheered. 

Once Mr Kim blew the whistle, Jieun sprinted off and Eunjae dropped her jaw.

"7.7 seconds." Mr Kim nod his head, looking impressed by Jieun while Eunjae squealed in horror.

I smirked at the scene, ha eunjae, in your face.

For the rest of the station, Jieun won Eunjae easily. At the end of the class, Mr Kim proudly announced, "This year, there is a new change. Jieun became the school's fittest girl and she even made some new records. Whereas for the boy side, the fittest guy is still Hoya."  

After the lesson, the girls approached us and we strolled back to class. In a flash, Eunjae popped out and glare straight at Jieun.

"What drama are you into again?" Jieun asked in a bored tone.

"How can you possibly be so good in almost everything? I'm sure you consume some drugs or something. Are you even human?" Eunjae shouted and that made Jieun flinched.

I furrowed my eyebrows, even when I raised my voice at her, she never flinched.

"Uhm Eunjae yo-" 

"I'm not talking to you, ugly thing!" Eunjae cut Suzy off. 

"YAH OLD WITCH! Don't you dare use such tone towards my Suzy!" Sungyeol hollored and Eunjae ignored him. 

"Nobody can be so close to perfect. I'm positive that you're a monster not a human. Oh not forget to add, an ugly monster." Eunjae gritted her teeth and said. 

"That's enough. Don't cross the line." I threw a dead glare at Eunjae.

"If not what? You're going to hit me? You don't hit girls L.  I still can't comprehend why will you even chose an ugly monster like her as your girlfriend! Did she blackmailed you or something?" Eunjae retorted. 

Jeesh, this .

I let out an annoyed sigh and poke my tongue at the side of my left cheek. I use my right hand, grabbed Eunjae's collar and shove her hard against the wall. "Yes, I don't hit girls. But if you're going to continue and mentally abuse my girlfriend, I won't mind letting you be the first girl that I'll ever hit." I glowered at her which made her gape at me. 

Then, I release my grip on her collar and wrap my hands around Jieun's waist, pulling her away. Suzy and Sungyeol followed closely behind us.

"We're not done with this yet!" Eunjae yelled loudly and we ignored her, continued to walk down the hallway.

"Are you okay Jieunnie?" Suzy asked Jieun, full of concern.

Jieun stare at the air mindlessly and replied, "Yea I'm okay."

"Ignore what the old hag said just now! She is just trying to put you down so that she will feel better." 

"Bae, leave me alone..." Jieun mumbled out the words and strolled off to god-knows-where. 

Suzy bite her lips and let out a low groan, "Jeesh."

"Baby, are you okay?" Sungyeol asked while Suzy just nod her head.

"What's wrong with her?" I frowned and asked Suzy.

She awkwardly smile at me," Uhh... that is not something that I can share with you though. I'm sorry L oppa..."

"Oh... "

"But Jieunnie has a ... really bad past. That's all I can tell you." Suzy replied.

"That's good enough." I tried to squeeze out a smile.

"Come on baby, let's go back to class." Sungyeol pulled Suzy to him and we walked back to class, without Jieun.


I glance at the direction Jieun left. At times like this, I guess it is better to leave her alone.

During class, Miss Park mentioned, "Okay class, as you guys know, there will be an upcoming 4Days 3Nights camp. It's not complusory but I strongly encourage you guys to attend. Now, I'll give out the forms. Oh and ....." 

For the rest of the class, I spaced out and started thinking about Jieun, again.

Will she be alright? Why does she have such big reaction when Eunjae called her that?

There is definitely something that I don't know and I'm going to find out about it.

----------------------------------------

JIEUN's P.O.V. : 

I strolled along the sideway of the botanic garden. Then, I sat down at a bench and started thinking back what Eunjae said just now. 

"You're an ugly monster!" 

"Nobody will be so close to perfect."

Instaneously, I recalled back what Suzy's mum said to me.

"You're a monster. You caused so much damage to other people's life, especially Suzy's. Why do you even exist in this world? Why can't you leave Suzy, my precious daugther alone? I'll never ever forgive you!!!"

I winced at the memory and shut my eyes tight.

Do not cry Jieun, Do not cry.

"Jieun...?" I opened my eyes and turn towards the direction of the voice.

"Hoya?" 

"What are you doing here? Ain't you a scholarship student, how can you ditch class?" 

"Just don't feel like attending class today." I retorted.

"Well, me too." Hoya plopped himself down next to me. "So... I heard from Sunggyu that you like a trilogy book called 'Divergent'. Why do you like that book? Normally girls preferred Twilight or some other romance books."

"I just find that book interesting. The main characters are different from the normal people and I kinda like it." Just like me... 

"Really? Care to t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter