Chapter eight

Inevitable Changes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

L's P.O.V. : 

 

On a following Monday, I went to school with my friends. Sungyeol is blabbering about his date with Suzy while I just block my ears out from his voice and out of a sudden, Jieun's face popped up in my mind. 

 

Aish L, why are you even thinking of her literally everyday?! 

 

When we reached our school, we walked towards our respective classroom. Once I get to my seat, I started to disturb Jieun again but she didn't look annoyed at all, instead, she look like she is in a deep thought. Sensing the atmosphere, I stop what I'm doing. 

 

-After class- 

 

I decided to go to my family's restaurant to eat since it's pretty near my school and everyone else already has their own plans. I reached Kim restaurant and all the staff members greeted me with respect. As I strolled past the waiting room, I heard a dim voice coming from the room.  As I turned the doorknob, I saw a girl sitting there, her back facing me, singing an English song.  


Wow, her voice is really amazing and melodic. It's far by the most beautiful voice I ever heard. 


Out of curiosity, I stepped forward to take a good look at the girl. To my outermost surprise, it's someone I never thought it will be. 

 

 

 

 

Jieun

 



What the hell is she doing here? Did she stalk me..?! 


"WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?" I asked.


Jieun turned around and her eyes widen into sockets, " WHY ARE YOU HERE?"

 

I scoffed at her statement, "Because this is my family's restaurant? Now, can you answer my question?" 


"I don't see the need to." She rolled her eyes. Aish, this girl...

 

Just then, Jieun stood up and walk out of the room. "Where are you going?" She ignored me and continue to walk down the hallway.

 

Don't follow her, L. Don't follow her.

 

I dashed out of the room and follow after her. AISH L! WHY ARE U SO USELESS! 

 

"YAH LEE JIEUN. I'm talking to you!"

 

"Eh, why is young master chasing after her? Isn't she the girl that is going to interview for the waitress job?" One of the waiter said. Oh so she came here for a job interview?

 

"If you come here for an interview, why didn't you stay?" I finally caught up with her. I grabbed her arm and turned her around so that she can face me. 

 

"I changed my mind." Jieun said in a monotone and started to walk towards the exit. Somehow, I wanted her to stay...

 

Do something L!

 

"Okay if you work here, I pay you thrice the amount of your salary." I yelled. And that, made Jieun spun back around.

 

She walked back towards my direction and replied, " When do I start working?" 

 

I smirked at her respond, "Now" 

 


 

JIEUN's s P.O.V. : 

On a following Monday, the sunlit clouds drifted across a clear blue sky. Fresh air filled my lungs and I feel exhilarated. 

 

It's a beautiful day.

 

"Ohya Jieunnie ~ ! Tomorrow will be the choir audition, 2 pm, at the theatre room 2." Suzy continued, "The teacher in charge said strictly no duet allowed. Pfft, we have to sing by ourself. I think I'm going to sing an English song. How about you?"

 

God, I don't think I have enough time to practice.

 

"Uhm, I'm still thinking. And don't wait for me later, I have a job interview." 

 

"Ah. I have a date with my Sungyeol too!" Suzy beamed. 

 

-After class-

 

I bid my farewell with Suzy and went to the place for my job interview. It's a pretty high-class restaurant, filled with the theme of antique. I pushed the door open and got greeted by an ahjusshi.

 

 "Welcome to Kim Restaurant, may I help you?" 

 

"I came here for an interview." I simply replied. 

 

"Ah! Please follow me." The ahjusshi brought me to a room which I assume is a meeting room. He poured a glass of water for me and said, "The manager will be back shortly. Please wait for a while." I nod my head and thank him. Then, the ahjusshi walked out of the room.

 

After finish drinking the water, I got bored and went into a daze mode. Suddenly, I remembered what Suzy mentioned today. The choir audition. Aish, what am I suppose to sing so that I can barely pass the audition but still able to get into the cca? I slumped my head down on the table and pouted.

 

I stare at the cup and an idea pop out of my mind. 

 

I took the cup and started hitting some random beats. Then, I attempt to play the cup song which is sang by Anna Kendrick. 

 

I got my ticket for the long way round

Two bottles of whiskey for the way
And I sure would like some sweet company
And I'm leaving tomorrow, what do you say

 

 

 


When I'm gone
You're gonna miss me when I'm gone
You're gonna miss me by my hair
You're gonna miss me everywhere, oh
You're gonna miss me when I'm gone

 


"YAH WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?" Immediately, I stopped singing. That voice sounded very familiar...


I turned around and my eyes widen into sockets, " WHY ARE YOU HERE?" What the hell is he doing here?

 

"Because this is my family's restaurant? Now, can you answer my question?" His family's...? No wonder I find the restaurant's name familiar! L's surname is Kim. Jeesh.


"I don't see the need to." I rolled my eyes and walk out of the room. I had enough of his bull in school. There is no way I'm going to handle his bull at my future workplace! 

 

"Where are you going?" I ignored him and continue to walk down the hallway.

 

But you are running out of money soon, you're really in need for a job. my subconscious said. 

 

Aish... why do I have to be so poor? 

 

"If you come here for an interview, why didn't you stay?" 

 

"I changed my mind." I replied and started to walk towards the exit. I guess I just have to find another job. 

 

 

"Okay if you work here, I pay you thrice the amount of your salary." L yelled. And that, made my eyes lit up with interest. Thrice? That's a lot. Come on Jieun, just do it. I spun back around and walked back towards L's direction. 

 

"When do I start working?"

 

"Now" L smirked. 

 

I shrugged and walked towards the staff room, to receive some briefing from the manager. Afterwards, I went to the dining area and immediately got called to serve table four. 

 

"May I take your orders?" I tried to say in the best polite tone I can manage.

 

"I want the special combo set B. The burger, I want it to be charcoal bread while the chicken I want it to be marinated in half Mild sauce and half Honey sauce. Then, the fries, please sprinkle it in three quarter cheese and one quarter of salt. For the side dish, I don't want it to be too oily nor too healthy. Oh and for my appetizer, I want the wild mushroom soup with garlic bread that is from Newyork. Hmm.. Let's see what else I miss..." The customer instructed. I looked up from my memo pad and I saw the customer is none other than L. 

 

Before I can even retort back, he continued, "Oh! My drinks and dessert. Drinks will be the Long Island Ice Tea, less ice. And for dessert wise, I haven't make up my mind yet. I think that will be all. Thankyou."

 

I glare at him. He is obviously trying his best to irritate me. I take in a deep breath and give a sarcastic smile to him, "Yes sir." I turned my heels and prepare to walk off, he stopped me.

 

"Is there anything else?" 

 

"You haven't repeat my order and I didn't even see you writing it down." L smirked at me. I rolled my eyes inwardly. Pfft, I can even memorise the whole Romeo and Juliet book, this is really nothing. So, I repeated the orders to him again and even mimicked his voice. 

 

"Am I correct?" Now, is my turn to smirk back at him. L's face is priceless and I did a victory dance in my head. In your face dude!

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter