Chapter Fifthteen

Inevitable Changes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jieun's P.O.V. : 

As the thunder roared from time to time, I'll jump a little and bite onto my lips even harder. The metallic and bitter taste still lingers around my mouth.

 

As I took in several deep breaths to calm myself down, L will whisper some words into my ear and reassured me that everything is going to be okay. All the time, I'm shutting my eyes tight and after a while, I feel one of L's arm slipped under my waist and gently carried me in bridal style. Unknowingly, I rest my head on the crook of his neck and I heard some shifting here and there. 

 

Out of curiosity, I took up the courage to open up my eyes. I realise that L is carrying a backpack, his right hand firmly holding on to my waist while the tip of his fingers grabbing onto a torch light.

 

"I can hold the torch light for you.. " I timidly offered even though all I wanted was to close my eyes and ignore all the emotions or fear engulf inside me.

 

"Just close your eyes and take deep breaths ok? You will gradually feel better." I wanted to protest but little did I know, the roaring thunder decide to strike again.

 

And this time, I let out a small muffled scream and buried my face deep into L's neck. By then, I started to tremble with fear and the whole cycle of mixed emotions start again.

 

Be brave & Stay Strong, Jieun. 

 

L's P.O.V. : 

 

I don't even know why my legs brought me there but somehow, I just got a feeling that Jieun will be there and I let my gut feeling take over me. 

 

And bam, I found her. I saw her, alive and breathing. Not trying to sound dramatic here but who knows what could happen to her in a wild forest?! I feel so relief...

 

But as soon as I saw her unstable state, all my happiness vanished just in a split second. Without thinking any further, I rushed up to her side and examined her carefully. She looked up and immediately, I took in a sharp breath. 

 

You know that feeling when you can feel your heart shattered into pieces? 

 

That's exactly what I'm feeling now.

 

That gaze in her eyes is something I'll never ever forget. She looked so fragile, scared and vulnerable. Her lips is tainted with some blood and knowing her, I think she bite her lips to prevent herself from screaming or crying. 

 

Pabo Jieun.

 

Almost immediately, I pulled her close to me, with her head burying into my chest. I don't care if she is going to push me away or say any harsh words to me. 

 

Right now, all I care about is her well-being. 

 

"Just let it all out, I know you're afraid, you're not fine. Sometimes, it's okay to cry." I heard a few sobbing and I sighed inwardly to myself. At least she is starting to open up. We stayed in that position for quite a moment as she whimpered silently and I try my best to comfort her. 

 

To her, every moment is pain. Be it mentally and physically. She needs to suffer the headache and not to mention, her sprained ankle and few scratches which I saw just now. And she has to face her fear, alone. 

 

For me, every moment here is suffocating. I can't bear to see her in such state. Those tears that stained her eyes & those pain she have been suffering. 

 

After quite some time, I decided to find a place to spend a night since judging from the weather, it probably going to rain soon. So, I grabbed my backpack and carried Jieun in my arms. Then, I use my fingertips to surround the torch light and strolled down the forest.

 

Occasionally, I will take a look at Jieun, to make sure that she is emotionally stable. She gotten much better from the first time I saw her just now. 

 

Probably because one of the temporary cure to her fear is to have someone accompanying her. 

 

When a thunder strikes again, this time is a pretty loud one and I can hear Jieun muffled scream. She started to tremble again and I panicked. 

 

. Do something!

 

"KA-KA-KA KAWAIII!" I blurted and Jieun perks her ear up at my voice. Sensing that I have caught her attention, I quickly sang the Hello Kitty by Avril  Lavigne, in hope that I will be able to shift her attention to me instead of the stupid lightning.

 

And somehow, I succeed.

 

Seriously L?! Out of all the English songs, you actually sang that?! Now all your cool image will be gone. 

 

My devil side yelled at me. 

 

But I thought most of the girls like Hello Kitty.... And the song is catchy too.

 

My angel side retorted. 

 

"Are we there yet?" Jieun asked, with her face still burying at the crook of my neck and her voice sounded hoarse.

 

I looked around and I saw an entrance which structured like a cave hole. Then, I quickly shift us towards there and gently put Jieun down.

 

Once I'm sure she is feeling comfortable, I plopped myself down next to her and put the torchlight next to me. 

 

After a while, I can hear the lightning strikes back again and the rain pouring down from the sky. Jieun held on to my arm very tightly and by the look of her face, she is getting affected by it again but better than the previous time.

 

As the rain get heavier, the weather turn even colder. I quickly pull off my jacket and slip in onto Jieun.

 

Feeling satisfied, I pulled her close to me, her head embracing my chest and I rest my chin on top of her head. Slowly, I will move my hands in a circular motion at her back and whisper gently to reassure her.

 

Just like that, we fell asleep under each other's embrace. 

 

After all these drama had happened, I realise I'm really into you,

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jieun. 

 

No One's P.O.V.  : 

 

The next morning, L woke up first while Jieun is still asleep. 

 

He gently move Jieun so that she will be lying down, with her head on his lap. Unknowingly, his fingers brought him to her face and he brushed the sides of her cheeks. 

 

Then, he slowly moved down to her lips and he gulped. 

 

Damn those lips, he thought to himself. 

 

L looked around the surrounding, making sure there is no one. After checking that the coast is clear, he leaned down nearer to Jieun and close one of his eyes to take a final peek at Jieun. 

 

He gave Jieun's lips a peck. Sensing that she did not stir or cause any commotion, he gave Jieun's lips a few more peck and each time, his lips will stay longer in contact with Jieun. 

 

After accomplishing his motive, he bite his lips and think about the small kiss, trying to salvage every little moment.

 

"Hyung, you looked like a kid who just got his favourite toy. " Sunggyu, out of nowhere, yelled and L's eyes immediately shot up. 

 

"Your grin is crooked." Hoya commented and Dongwoo snickered. 

 

"Why are you guys here?!"

 

"To find you and my bestfriend." Woohyun replied, as a matter of fact.

 

L sighed in relief, thinking that they didnt see what he did just now.

 

As if on cue, the boys shared knowing glances with one another and L cursed under his breath. 

 

"Keep it from Jieun, please." He reluctantly said the last word. 

 

"You're whipped." Dongwoo laughed. 

 

"So whipped." Woohyun smirked. 

 

"Shut up." 

 

Just then, Jieun woke up and she innocently asked, "L...? Guys...?" 

 

"Omo bestfriend!! You feeling okay?" Woohyun immdiately went over to grab Jieun up. 

 

She winced in pain and L shot a death glare at Woohyun. "Dude, can you be more gentle?" 

 

He brushed off Woohyun and asked Jieun to go to his back, so that he can piggyback her.

 

 

"Good to see you alive and safe." Hoya remarked while Jieun rolled her eyes and smile.

 

Sunggyu lead the guys back to the campsite and once they reached there, L slowly put Jieun down and Suzy sprinted across. 

 

"YAH LEE JIEUN. WHY DO YOU ALWAYS MAKE ME SO WORRIED FOR YOU!!!" Suzy yelled, totally ignoring her image. 

 

"You didnt sleep?" Jieun looked at Suzy's pale face and furrowed her eyebrows. 

 

"That is not the main point." Suzy examined Jieun's body thoroughly and she shouted,"Jeesh, you even hurt your leg?!"

 

 

 

"Noona!!!" Sungjong whailed and he started to blabber how worried he is. 

 

"I'm fine now." Jieun ruffled his hair and smile. 

 

Sungyeol awkwardly strolled towards Jieun and put down the first aid kit. 

 

Before Jieun can say anything, Sungyeol quickly cut her off, "I'm very sorry for leaving you alone and still abandoned you. I thought you went without me so I came back first. I didnt know that you are still out there in the woods. And I .... I ... Jeesh. I'm just really sorry about it okay?" 

 

He bowed 90 degree to Jieun and sensing that there is no reply, he looked up. 

 

"What's with you? Did everyone blame you because I went missing? That will be totally outrageous okay. If anyone is to be blame, it will be me. I never take care of myself and I didnt even notify you that I'm leaving because of something. So, if is to apologise, it will be me." Jieun said with determination in her eyes. 

 

"But... I should have stay with you and Im terribly sorry about it." Sungyeol said again. 

 

"Yah Lee Jieun. Since when is it your fault? He is the one who abandoned you in the woods!" L yelled.

 

"I'm the one who abandoned him first because I need to find Suzy!" Jieun yelled back. 

 

"Why do you have to find her! You dont trust me?" L asked, filled wi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter