Chapter five

Inevitable Changes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jieun's P.O.V. : 

After class, we strolled towards the school gate. 

"Jieunnie~ I think I want to join Choir!" Suzy beamed. That smile is something I will never want to destroy it.

"Okay, choir it is then." I replied. 

"Arasso. I'll submit the forms tomorrow. Which day will you be free for an audition?" Suzy asked me. 

"Well, I'm free almost everyday." After realising what I just said, I quickly close my mouth.

Suzy raised both of her eyebrows at me, "I thought you have work...?"

"Uhm I mean that I'll take a leave for the sake of the audition." Suzy shot me a you-better-tell-the-truth look. I sighed. "Okay fine. I got fired." 

Before Suzy can ask me for more details, Sungyeol interrupted us. "Suzyyyyy~ Are you free this saturday?" Suzy blushed and I furrowed my eyebrows. Less than a week and he already tried to ask her out?

"Uhm... Why?" Suzy shyly asked but deep down, I know she is jumping in joy.

"I'll like to ask you out.Two of us. Alone." Sungyeol beamed at her. Wow direct much?  

Suzy pushed her thick nerdy glasses up and replied, "I'm not really comfortable to go out with guys alone, can Jieun tag along?" Sungyeol face fell and pouted. Oh please, you think I want to go and be the third party there?! Besides, I'm positive that Suzy don't feel uncomfortable going out with guys alone because back in California, she did that a lot of times. Aish. What the hell is she up to?

"I'm don't want to go and be a lightbulb." I quickly said. Immediately, Sungyeol face lit up. I rolled my eyes inwardly. 

"How about we make it a double date? I will ask one of the guys from my group to join us?" Sungyeol suggested. I wanted to protest but Suzy straight away cut me off. 

"That sound like a good idea!" Suzy smiled and wriggle her eyebrows at me. Oh, now I know what she is up to. I glare back at her and she gave me an innocent look. At times like this, I feel like strangling her. Before I can protest, Sungyeol already wave goodbye at Suzy and went to find his group of friends. 

"WHAT WAS THAT FOR?" I hissed at her, clearly annoyed. She knew how much I hated dates. 

"Research have shown, people of our age need to hang out with the opposite gender more. I'm doing you a favor, you should thank me." Suzy retorted. I drop my jaw. Really? "Also, you are definitely going. Firstly, you need to get a boyfriend soon, woman! Secondly, you have to protect me. As much as I like Sungyeol, who knows what he is up to right? I mean I don't look that outstanding for him to hit on, what if his motives are something else? True friends stay by your side through thick and thin."

"But...I nee-"

"No Buts. You are going End of discussion." Suzy flipped her hair at me and walk away.  I ruffled my hair in annoyance. What Suzy said is right, who knows what that blonde hair guy is up to.

Aish, this weekend is going to be a waste of time. 

 

L's P.O.V. : 

After class, I went over to find the guys.

"Where is the irritating one?" Woo hyun asked.

"Oh, he said he got some things to attend to and asked us to wait for him in the carpark." I replied.

"Wow, he has some things to attend to? Like what? Going to the toilet for big business?" Dongwoo retorted which made every one of us laughed out loud. Just then, Sungyeol strolled towards our direction, whistling some sort of music which god-knows-what.

"Somebody in a good mood?" Hoya teased. 

"Mhmm." Sungyeol grinned at him.

"Arasso, let's go." Sunggyu walked towards the direction of our limousine and we follow him.

Suddenly, Sungyeol nudged me."Guess what I did just now?" 

"Not interested." I said in a bored tone. He started blabbering on what he did just now and I shot him a look." And your point is?"

"I want you to be Jieun's date." Sungyeol beamed. 

"What?!" I half yelled. Going out with that ignorant girl that gets on my nerve everytime?! I don't want to shorten up my lifespan man.

"I know Jieun's is a cold and annoying girl. But can you treat it as doing your best friend a favor? Who knows, maybe Suzy will be my future girlfriend?" Sungyeol pleaded.

"No, I have better things to do."

"YAH! Tumblr says 'If you are in need, your best friend will be there for you.' Now, I really need you and you won't help me?!" Sungyeol pouted. Trying to use the guilt-trip trick on me? Not working yeol, not working. 

"No." I firmly said. 

"Please, myungmyung?" Sungyeol looked at me with puppy eyes. Jeesh, not this again. He always use it when he is really desperate for my help. "Besides, I remember you having a deep impression of Jieun because for the past few days, you practically disturbed her until she is so annoyed with you. Through this date, you can get to know Jieun better and you never know if you have feelings for her or not since I never really see you behaving in this way around a girl. Win-win situation." 

Okay, that hit me real hard. What Sungyeol said is right. I'm quite confuse with my feelings towards her and maybe through this date, I can confirm how I really feel about her. 

I sighed in defeat and finally utter the sentence that will be music to Sungyeol's ears,"Okay, I'm going." 

Immediately, Sungyeol face lit up and gave me a teddy-bear hug,"YOU'RE THE BEST!" 

"YAH YAH. WE ARE IN A PUBLIC PLACE. IMAGE DUDE, IMAGE!!" I hollored. Sungyeol let me go and smiled sheepishly.

"Hyung, you sound and look like a girl. Are you sure you're a guy?" Sungjong innocently asked.

" YAH! YOU LITTLE BRAT." He shouted and ran after Sungjong while the others just laughed at the scene.

Hmmm, a date with Jieun? This weekend is definitely going to be interesting.

-------------------------

Jieun's P.O.V. :

After a few days of hell in school, Saturday finally came.

Suzy woke up early in the morning and she fumbled out her shared-cabinet with me. 

"Ohmygod Jieunnie! What should I wear?" Suzy panickly asked but I am rubbing one of my eyes and yawn, totally not interested.

"YAH LEE JIEUN!!!!!" 

"You look good in eveything you wear. So just wear anything." I, who is still not fully awake yet, replied.

Suzy pouted and ignored me. She continue to dig out the clothes to see what really fits her well. 

After 1 hour of dressing up, Suzy finally chose an outfit for her date. She wore a plain maroon crop tee paired with denim high waist short, high cut maroon converse sneakers and a L.A. snapback. She lets down her hair, puts on her thick nerdy glasses, grabbed her small vintage sling bag and take a final look at the mirror. 

"How do I look?" Suzy asked me. 

" Without the glasses, you probably look better." And the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter