Chapter TwentyTwo

Inevitable Changes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

L's P.O.V. : 

It's been 3 weeks. After the Hana Kim incident, no one really talk much to each other anymore. The crowd now turn their attention towards the new gossip about Hana Kim which gave infinite and the girls a little break time to sort out everything. However, Suzy and Sungyeol did not turn up for school ever since that day. Besides that, Jieun has been staying at my house and Suzy still constantly ignore her without fail while all Jieun does is to 'give her some space' instead of talking things out with Suzy.

Sungyeol and Hoya frequently visited Jieun to keep her occupied, prevent her from overthinking.

Jieun appreciated their effort and concern. I could tell even though she did not mention it. She always put on an act in front of them, pretending that she is alright. She always try to act normal and hang out with them, like nothing has happened and she is coping well with it. Whenever they left, she will lock herself in the guest room and never let anyone in except for me.

Apart from delivering meals to her, I never stay for long. I figured that I should give her some time alone.

After that day. never once did I see or hear her cries anymore. I'm not sure if that's good or bad. Everyone thinks that she is getting better and better each day but I could see it in her eyes. The sorrows, guilt and sadness are all shown in her eyes. She is getting worser everyday. She might not be weeping or silently cry to herself anymore but that does not show any sign of her feeling better or doing fine. 

It can be the sign of her condition turning worser.

There was one day where I was in my room skyping with Yeol, she woke up abruptly and started to screamed loudly. I was shocked to death. I immediately race to her room and embrace her under my arms. Her screams were so loud, so emotional that anyone who hears it can feel that pang in the chest. It's like a screw piercing through your heart and once it reaches the entrance, it start to drill so violently that you can feel the blood vessels are all being ripped apart.  

I offered her to come to my room and sleep but she always decline it. Left with no choice, I will always stay up late and stand outside her room, just to make sure she is sleeping well. 

I can never go to sleep knowing that her, my ice princess, is not feeling well. 

Tonight, Sunggyu and Hoya came to my house for a stayover. Like the usual, I am standing outside her room. 

"Why not you set up a tent here? It will be more comfy." Hoya let out remark while Sunngyu slap the back of his head and the latter yelp in pain.

"Quiet!" I shouted, just loud enough for them to hear and both of them immediately shutup.  

"How is she?" Sunggyu whispered next to my ears while I shook my head in response. 

"Getting worse. Just last night, she screamed again and when I went in, I saw her arms are bleeding. She dug her nails into her skin again." 

"Why don't you send her over to a therapist or a counsellor?" Hoya quietly yelled. 

I hissed at his words. 

"Oh yea like I did not think about it? She said it is useless!" 

Hoya scoff at my sentence. "How is it useless? Just send her to one and we shall see about that!" 

"No! I will not send her to a place where she do not like it. It will make her feel troubled and she has enough troubles to deal with." I retorted.

"Then can you come up with any better plan, mr genius?" Hoya raised both of his eyebrows and replied.

"Yes. In fact, I already came up with an idea. This is why I called you guys over " 

I started to explain my idea to them while they slowly nod in understanding. 

--------------------------------------------------------

"Ow! Hyung! I can't tell you. Sungyeol will kill me!" Sungjong rubbed his forehead gently and whined. 

"You little rascal... Do you want me to call Sunggyu here now?" I yelled loudly. 

Sungjong's eyes widen upon hearing Sunggyu name and immediately he replied, "Woohyun's hotel, please don't tell yeol I told you about it." 

I gave him another punch on his arm and quickly make my way to the hotel.

On my way to the hotel, I gave Woohyun a call. 

"I need you to bring them to the hotel cafe and then lure Sungyeol away. I'll be there in 15 minutes. Do it quick."

 "Bwoh? What if i say no?" 

"Then you can say goodbye to Lily." I retorted. 

"YAH! How did you get hold of her???" 

"Do you want a picture of her corpse?" I lamely replied. 

"Arasso. Arasso. I will do whatever you said. Just don't lay any of your finger on her!" 

 

(*P/S: Lily is Woohyun's favourite toy. She has been with him since the age of 3.)

 

With that, I ended the call. 

 

Once I receive Woohyun's message, saying that everything has been done. I quickly make my way to the cafe. I took a quick scan around the surrouding and  zoom in my sight to the person I'm looking for, I dashed towards her direction.

"Suzy Bae." 

 

Jieun's P.O.V. : 

I woke up at the sound of Sunggyu and Hoya arguing with each other. 

"You do it." Sunggyu said in a firm tone.

"No, you do it!" Hoya shouted. 

"You do it!" Sunggyu raised his voice. 

I rubbed my eyes and clear my throat, "Guys? What are you all doing here?" 

"Great. Now she's awake. We don't have to fight for 'who go and wake her up' anymore." Hoya said sarcastically. 

"Hey, let's go washup." Sunggyu spoke in a fatherly tone. 

"Where is L?" I questioned. Normally, he is the one who will wake me up instead. 

"He's out and will be busy for the whole day." Hoya muttured softly. 

"You know, you're not a good liar." 

Both Sungyu and Hoya let out an awkward laugh and ignored my question. 

"Let's get going. Take some time to wash up. We will see you downstairs for breakfast!" With that, they hurriedly race out of the door.

Why are they behaving so weirdly? Suspicious.

Ignore them, I quickly wash up and make my way down to the kitchen. 

"Come here Jieun. Try my cooking! I'm sure its definitely better than L's." Hoya boasted while I laugh at his childishness. 

Feeling encouraged, he go on and on about his skills in cooking. 

"So.... what are we going to do today?" 

"We made plans for you! We're going to the beach today. Canopywalk in the morning. Surfing and skydiving in the afternoon, skating during the night and and finally BBQ!" Sunggyu cheered, feeling excited. 

I glance at him, feeling amused by this quiet boy joyfulness. 

"Is it just me or do I feel that you're being extraordinary excited?" 

"You will know later." Hoya winked at me.

After everything has been done, we left L's house and make our way to the destinaton. For the whole day, they have been trying to keep me occupied with plenty of events. I really thank them for doing all this for me. WIthout them, I probably stuck at home and the flashblacks will roll in. 

Right now, we just finished playing a vollyball match and our team won. As usual, Hoya wants to take all the credit but Sunngyu is arguing with him that he has been putting in effort too. 

"Drop the act! You always in ball games." Hoya insulted. 

"At least I do not get hit by the ball directly on the face" Sunggyu barked. 

"Oh now you're talking about that? Remember that time where you thought medicine ball was kickable and you ended up in a wheelchair for 2 weeks?" Hoya remarked while Sunggyu gaped at his words. 

"It's way better than you thinking that poop is a chocolate and you gobble it all down!" Sunggyu cross his arms and replied. 

I burst into fit of laughters. 

Seriously, one got his leg injured another one thought the poop is a food? Just where did all they get their genes from! 

Upon seeing me laughing hysterically, they broke into a grin too and the tensed atmosphere was gone. 

"Do you want to hear about L's disgraceful times too?" Hoya wiggle his eyebrows and said.

"I swear his is way more funnier and worse than us!" Sunggyu added. 

I nodded eagerly. 

Apart from knowing what kind of person he is now, I never really get to know his past that much too. 

So, both of them started to betray L and told me lots of  disgraceful stuffs that he did.

And this is how I ended up laughing wholeheartedly, without having a care to what's happening to my life recently.

 

Suzy's P.O.V. : 

I shifted my gaze away from L and fidgetted, feeling extremely awk

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter