Him and Her pt. 2

Do You Love Me

PREVIOUSLY


While everyone is preoccupied, I slipped from everyone's notice and stealthily made my way towards Dara's bed. When I reached it, I sat on the edge of the bed and looked at her as I said hi. I'm not really expecting any reaction from her since I suppose she doesn't recognize me as well like her friends and family so I was really surprised when she looked at me, gave me a toothy smile and said, "You're Min Ho, right?"

===============================================

 

DARA POV

 

When Il Woo left me with these people it was really awkward. I don't know them but they know me. I can see the eagerness in their eyes for me to recognize them but... none so far. Although, there is this one guy that stands out in the crowd. I don't remember him being here yesterday though. I would have definitely remembered him. He's tall and handsome -- like Il Woo, but he carries himself with so much confidence that he would seem arrogant to some but it doesn't look like it to me.

I saw him moving closer to me while the others are getting noisier and rowdier but I pretended like I didn't notice. Among them, I really just know this guy. I don't really know him as in remember him but... I kinda had a dream about him last night.

 

FLASHBACK (DREAM)

 

I knew it.

It's the same dream.

When they've put me to sleep earlier I briefly dreamt about a blonde guy walking out of the door. I tried to get up from where I'm standing but I couldn't move from where I'm standing. I kept calling the blonde guy but it seems that he couldn't hear me. I kept trying to move but it seems that my feet are stuck on the floor. I was ready to cry then but I heard a guys voice telling me not to cry.

I turned around and saw his face. Tall and handsome with a strong amount of confidence. He smiled at me warmly as he said, "Don't cry" I remember those words like a prayer. I don't know why but when I tried speaking I found my voice and it said, "I won't." Somehow, I know I've had this conversation with him a thousand times. The blonde guy was blurred to me but I wonder why I'm dreaming of this guy so clearly.

"Did you forget about me too Tokki?" the guy suddenly said again.

"I don't remember anyone." I said sadly.

"That's not true" I heard him say again then he chuckled before he added, "you know me."

"I don't" I told him.

"You do too" He insisted and said, "okay, if you don't know me, what's my name?"

"Lee Min Ho" I absentmindedly answered.

"see, I told you you know me" he smiled at me brightly and patted my head.

I blinked once, twice and thrice and exclaimed, "I'm right?" when I saw him nod I asked him, "Do you know me? Why do I only know you? Who is that guy earlier? Do you know him?" I saw him frowned and shook his head. I'm pleading for an answer with a guy on my dream so sue me but I only feel a connection with him like that blonde guy. For the blonde guy I felt like he's a very dangerous fire that I'm supposed to stay away from but I'm stubborly staying close to while for this guy, he's like a shade of tree whenever I need it.

"You remember everything Dara. You just don't want to" he told me.

"But I really don't!!" I told him sternly.

"It's your call Dara. Whether you chose to remember us or not" he said sadly.

"Will I meet you? Are you even a real person?" I asked him

"I'll live a thousand lifetimes and would be able to find you everytime... I'm sure." he said as he held my hand and I feel safe and familiar and I closed my eyes.

FLASHBACK (DREAM) END


 

That's how I remember this guy. He's the guy that keeps talking to me in my dream. We always have the same conversation though. I fall asleep because I want to keep dreaming about the blonde guy but it hurts me everytime I see him leave but then another guy will show up and talk to me. Always the same conversation. Always the same dream like a broken record. It always stops when I open my eyes.

I honestly thought he isn't real. That he's just a figment of my dream but here he is, in my room, beside me... in my bed looking shocked as hell when I asked him if he's Minho. I guess he is cos he quickly composed himself and asked, "Do you know me Dara?!! You ... you remember me?!"

Well, I don't actually so I said, "No. I don't remember you."

I saw everyone looking at our direction but they were all silent, 'listening to us probably' I thought.

"But then why--" he asked before another voice cut him off and asked, "You remember him Dara?! What about us?? Do you know any of us?!" That's when I started panicking. I was heaving and I was really scared because all of a sudden, they were all gathering at my bed and they all have this expectant look in their eyes.

I wanted to hide and scream in fear but I couldn't because Il Woo said they are people that I should trust. Yes, I know he's not my boyfriend since the dreams started last night and I don't feel romantically inclined to him like the blonde guy in my dream. But I don't want him to leave as well. I feel that he's the only one keeping me sane as of the moment and my selfish side wants me to keep pretending that he's my boyfriend for the mean time since I don't think he's against it 'cos if he was, he should have said so by now' my mind insisted.

They are still asking me questions after questions and I'm getting more and more scared. I don't know or remember any of them but I feel safe and scared? Why do I feel safe and why do I feel scared though is what bothers me. I can see the hope in their eyes but as much as I tried to, my mind is insisting that I don't know them. I was already preparing to shout when I heard Il Woo's voice that said, "what happened here? Make room! Make room!" Thankfully they dispersed and let him get close to me.

I reached out for him to take my hand and he did. When our hands met, I felt safe again. I don't know how this guy does it but whenever he holds my hand, I calm down. The sense of security I feel for him is different from the security that these people are making me feel. I was shaking a bit so I felt his right hand let go of my hand to embrace me sideways as his left hand held both of my hands.

I heard him ask what's wrong and I heard Min Ho explained to him how I greeted him by his name. They were all looking at me again before Il Woo turned to me and asked, "Is it true Dara? Do you remember him?"

"I... I.. I didn't know that he's real" I answered him truthfully.

I saw his brows furrow in confusion and asked me, "What do you mean by you don't know if he's real Dara-yah?"

"I... I've.. I've had this dreams since last night about someone leaving me and then he--" I said pointing to Min Ho, "he comes along and talk to me in my dream and then.. and then I know his name" I lamely finished.

"You dreamt of him?" he asked.

I sighed and thought, 'didn't I just tell you?' but instead I said, "Yeah. I didn't know if he was a real person since I just dreamt of him. As for his name... I just called him what I called the guy from my dream."

I looked at everyone in the room and saw everyone's sad eyes. I can feel that all of them are hurting and it's because of me so I said, "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. Il Woo told me you are all friends and family and I want to remember all of you but.. I'm so sorry" I said as my eyes started prickling and getting teary but before I was able to cry, I saw Minho coming closer to me and said, "Don't cry" I was startled by his actions and words that I didn't even notice that I actually replied, "I won't" and with those words he gave me a smile and excused himself as he leaves the room. I saw the sadness in his eyes but he didn't cry.

 

 

MINHO POV

'So you don't remember me Dara? You just dreamt of me?' I thought bitterly as I left the room. 'At least she knows your name' my mind insisted, 'yeah... just my name though' another part of me kept adding. 'It's still you isn't it Tokki? That's our code whenever one of us is crying and you remembered that.' I thought. I left the room and kept walking where my feet took me and when I stopped, I saw an altar. Apparently, I walked straight to the chapel here. There's no mass and only a few people are praying inside so I just sat at a corner and contemplated on what's happening.

I was still thinking when someone suddenly sat beside me and said, "At least she remembers you hyung."

I looked at him and came face to face with Sanghyun. It seems that he followed me when I left.

"Yeah. But what good is that? A dream? Seriously that Tokki" I told him as I looked at the statue of Jesus Christ in the altar.

"I actually envy you hyung. You'd think she'd remember her mother, her sister and only brother first before but it turns out... she remembers you" I can feel the sadness in his voice before I heard him sob and added, "why doesn't she remember me hyung?"

I felt sorry for Dara's family because as I sulk here because she doesn't actually remember me, at least a part of her recognizes me but her family -- I sighed, 'Tokki, why are you being like this?' I looked over at Sanghyun and saw that he's really shaking as he's crying now. 'He looks really broken right now' I thought so I told him, "She'll remember us eventually Sanghyun-ah. Don't give up on your noona okay? She's our family and we'll always be there for her right? Even if she forgets us for a while?"

I saw him look up and look directly to my eyes and asked, "You believe that hyung?" I saw hopefulness in his eyes so I just nodded to him. That seemed to calm him down a bit so I let him compose himself before we went back to her room.

When we got there though, everyone was preparing to leave already. I saw the bigbang members and 2ne1 girls going out of the room so I approached Bom and asked, "Bom-ah... are you guys leaving already?"

She smiled at me and said, "Yea. I'll be back later today though. I want to be close to Tokki. The doctor agreed that she should have more than one companion here so we'll all take turns" I nodded to her and she added, "you're very lucky Minho-yah... I want her to remember us as well that's why we asked for the doctors permission. If we do this, maybe she'd remember us?" she asked me as I thought about it I told her honestly, "It's a great idea Bom. As long as we're not forcing her right?" I asked and she smiled again and nodded her head.

They told me that they would be back and that they'll get some of Dara's clothes from her apartment as well. I escorted them until the exit of the hospital before I went back to the room.

When I got there, I saw Sanghyun at the chair closest to Dara while Durami and Dara's mom are both sitting on her bedside. Jung Il Woo on the other hand was still holding her hand as he looked at me and I looked back to him.

"Family event" he suddenly said and I smiled as I told him, "Welcome to the family then!" and before we knew it, all of us are laughing.

Jung Il Woo introduced himself to us and gave us a knowing look as if seeking for confirmation that we all know what's the real score between him and Dara and we all just smiled to him and nodded our heads. Honestly, I wondered why it couldn't have been me who she thought of as her boyfriend but then again as I saw Il Woo interact with Dara, I could feel some kind of sincerity from his actions. Like, he wasn't regretting that he's in the middle of this whole mess. 'I'll just ask him later about it then' I thought finally.

Then, we re-introduced ourselves to Dara. She kept apologizing to us but we all just shrugged it off saying that it wasn't her fault. It really wasn't anyway it was just unfortunate that it had to happen to her. We showed Dara all of our photos with her and we even watched the TV. When Dara asked who she was we all had trouble explaining until Jung Il Woo had this brilliant idea of opening the TV and changed the channel to a music channel who is luckily showing 2ne1's newest music video and Jung Il Woo triumphantly said, "That's who you are Dara!"

"I'm an idol?" she asked us and we all nodded to her direction before her mother said, "you're an idol and our family."

There was a comfortable silence that stayed with us after those words and no one dared to break the silence until the music video was finished and it showed Sanghyun's MV with his group and Dara turned to him and said, "so my baby brother is an idol too!"

Sanghyun stopped himself from crying when he heard those words from Dara. There is pride in her words when she was saying those words as if Sanghyun is a national idol or something before she turned to Durami and asked, "how about you dongsaeng? What do you do?"

I looked at Durami who was all smiles when her Dara unnie adressed her as dongsaeng and said, "Not me unnie. I'm not an idol like you or Sanghyun. I'm working for a magazine though and mom here is a stay at home grandma to my son. Oh! You should meet him unnie! When I come back I'll bring my son and my husband so you'll know them again okay?"

I saw Dara smiling as she said, "I'll be more than happy to meet them" and she turned to her mom and asked, "What about our father? Is he working overseas that's why he's not here?"

I saw Dara's mom look at her sadly and said, "Dara-yah, you're father is already dead. We used to live in another country and an accident much like yours happened to him but unlike you, he didn't survive it" Dara's mom finished as she started crying again before Durami hugged her as Dara said, "Oh. Is that so?" before she went back on looking at Sanghyun's music video again.

When the music video ended, she held the remote and changed the channel. When she stopped though all of us burst out laughing because it was a drama that I'm featured in. It was a sad scene but we're all laughing as we hear Dara say, "It seems that all I have to do is watch TV and I'll know all of you!" before she turned to Il Woo and ask, "What about you? Are you an idol too? An actor? Model? a staff? What are you?" I looked at Il Woo who was smiling but didn't answer. He just changed the channel that is now showing his newest drama and said, "this is who I am" and we all burst out laughing again.

A few hours later, we all bid our goodbyes to Dara and Il Woo with the promise that we'll be back as soon as possible. Sanghyun wanted to stay but then he received a call from the president of his label, apparently, he left during rehearsals and Dara told her that he's being irresponsible which brought a smile to Sanghyun even though he's literally being told off by Dara. He then promised Dara that he wouldn't skip any more practices.

After Dara's mom, Durami and Sanghyun left the room I looked at Dara and said, "Dara-yah, can I just talk to Il Woo a bit?"

I saw her looked at him worriedly before she turned to me and asked, "you'll return him to me won't you?"

I smiled sadly as I looked at her and said, "Of course Dara. We'll just take a minute."

I saw Dara looked at him and said, "I'll be counting, arasso?" and both me and Il Woo laughed at her silliness but he answered her nonetheless that he should start counting now then he let go of her hand and motioned for me to step out of the room. I did and he followed right after.

 

 

IL WOO POV

 

"So, what is this about?" I asked him.

I already knew that he is Dara's bestfriend and that they grew up together. I envy this guy a lot actually. To think that even in Dara's state somehow, this guy's presence is still there that he managed to stay in Dara's subconcious mind above her family even.

I looked at him and he was quiet for a while as if he was contemplating what he's gonna say before he asked, "Why are you doing this?"

I sighed. I knew someone would ask me this question sooner or later but I didn't know it would be from him. I looked at him as I answered, "Honestly? I don't know as well. When I saw her last night... it was really by chance and as you said I could've told her that I'm a nobody when she asked me who I was and walked out when her friends and family got here but... I didn't... and I don't know why" he looked at me for a while as if he's gauging my sincerity and I didn't look away from him.

I saw him smile sadly and said in a serious voice, "For now, I can see that she trust you and needs you so I would ask you to please stay by her side. If you won't be able to, please inform me immediately okay? That girl... Dara... she's very special to me. Don't get me wrong.. it's not special as in romantic but... she's special... got it?" I am at awe at his words. 'Dara must've really meant a lot to him then' I thought.

I looked at him and saw that he's waiting for my confirmation which is really uncalled for but I answered him anyway, "Sure"

I saw him smiled contently at that as he said, "This may not mean much and you must've heard them say this already but... thank you."

I smiled at him as well and told him not to worry about it. He was about to say something again as we heard Dara yell, "TIME'S UP!" and then we laughed at her silliness again.

I opened the door and let us in again and we saw her smiling at us so we both go to Dara's bedside. I saw him looking at Dara as he bid his goodbye to her and promised to be back as soon as he finished something. Before he left though he looked at me and asked me if my manager already knew about this. When I said no, he told me to tell him without leaving any details but make him swear that this news wouldn't leak to anyone. He also told me that he'd bring me clothes which I refused at first but when he raised his eyebrows at me and asked me if I would be able to wear the same clothes everyday, I knew I was fighting a lost cause so I just let him be. I'll just remind my manager next time to get me some clothes and pick up my car at the tow away station while he's at it.

"One more thing..." he added as he walked to the door, "charge Dara's phone. If you need me, call me. I'm speed dial one on her phone okay?" I thought that was the end cos he's already opened the door but before he closed it, he turned around and looked at Dara as he said, "Tokki-ah! Don't do things I won't do arasso?" then he closed the door smirking.

I blinked for a minute as I thought of his last reminder to Dara then I looked at her and saw her face is red then I realized what that meant and cursed him for the innuendo. "That guy! Am I a ert?" I heard Dara muttering and I couldn't help it and I laughed out loud.

'You're really something Lee Min Ho' I thought as I started reaching for Dara's hand and changed the channel back to Lee Min Ho's drama.

 

----------------------

Edited: June 1, 2020 / Moving to my new wattpad account @khk_writer visit me on Twitter with the same @