Lies and good byes...

Do You Love Me

PREVIOUSLY

 

"Unnie/Dara/Noona!" yelled everyone in the room but before anyone got to her, I grabbed her wrist back and held it. I was surprised though when she started wriggling free from my hold as she said thru gritted teeth, "We're through weren't we? Where's Il Woo?!! I WANT TO SEE HIM!!" and with that I let go of her hands.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

DARA POV

 

 

'I remember it! I finally remember everything!' I thought and added, 'Even though my head is still pounding, I remember who I am and worse... I remember what happened.'

I look at Ji Yong who looked hurt as he let go of my wrist. 'That's right you bastard! You don't have the right to hold me anymore!' I thought disgustingly as I supressed all my anger for him. I remember that night... I was so in love with him that I remember following him to ASK for HIS forgiveness. And then the accident happened and ... I met Il Woo and he... he treated me best.

"I'll repeat it one more time... if none of you heard me... where is Il Woo?" I asked through gritted teeth. I'm getting impatient with their silence and was near combustion point when I heard Min Ho say, "At his apartment... you know where that is?"

I looked at him confused for a second before I answered, "Yes" and started walking towards the door but before I could leave I felt Ji Yong held my hand as if to stop me which earned him a glare from me.

"Dara" I heard him say as he gave me his most sorry look that I've gotten used to before which made me angrier as I said, "Let go of me Kwon! Didn't I just say I remember everything?! Which means that I know that look you're giving me now! Damn it! NO! I WON'T FORGIVE YOU! I WANT TO SEE IL WOO NOW!" and he loosened his grip and so I took the opportunity to take my hand away from him and turn my back to them again.

"Wait. I'll drive you!" I heard Min Ho say and I turned to see him wearing his coat and grabbing his keys on the counter.

"No thanks! You've lied to me too if I remember correctly! So right now, yeah, I don't want to be with you too!" I said quite harshly. I saw everyone in the room flinched so I said, "Yeah! That's right! You all lied to me! You didn't even tell me that Ji Yong is the one that hurt me?"

"What does it matter noona?! We didn't lie to you! You didn't ask us!" I heard my baby brother say. I turned to him and said with disgust in my face, "IT'S BECAUSE I DIDN'T KNOW I SHOULD ASK! I ASKED IF YOU KNEW ABOUT MY LIFE AND YOU DIDN'T TELL ME! IT MATTERS! IT MATTERS TO ME BECAUSE I WAS LOOKING FOR HIM!" and tears started to fall as I remembered Il woo and said, "and Il Woo.. he... he doesn't deserve this! I have to go look for him!"

"Don't go Dara" Ji Yong tried to stop me again but this time Min Ho stood in front of me and successfully blocked him as he asked, "Go to my car in the parking lot"

"I said I don't want your --" I started but he cut me off and said, "Well bully for you but I'm sending you there!" he shouted. This is our first fight after the last one when we were still kids. After what I unconciously did for him before... he didn't pick any fights with me except from our banter which is usual.

I must've been silent for quite some time because I felt him hold my arms and made me turn to the door as he dragged me and called out in the room,"I'll bring her back!" and with that he dragged me to his car and unceremoniously shoved me in. He drove the car to Il Woo's apartment and when we got there, I jumped out of the car and headed straight to Il Woo's apartment unit and opened it with the code I remembered and was shocked when I found out he changed it.

'Why would he change it though?' I thought but suddenly the door opened and I saw Il Woo looking at me from the door and I gave him a smile before he turned away to look at Min Ho and say, "Oh... you're here?" and opened the door wider to let us in.

I got inside his apartment and the first thing I've noticed are the two boxes that is on his front door. When he saw me staring at it he said, "It's your stuffs here... I packed them all so you can move as soon as possible"

"Mo-- move? But...but why?" I asked him brokenly as I try to make him look at me which wasn't hard at all since he gave me a deadpan look and said, "You remember everything now right? You can go away then... I don't want anything to do with you anymore"

"Wha-- what?! But you are my BOYFRIEND~!" I yelled the last part. It hurt me when he said that I could go in his most bored voice and look... it's like I didn't matter to him at all.. like -- my thoughts were cut off when I heard him sigh frustratedly and said, "I was just pretending Dara! Don't you get it? I'm an artist.. that's what I do for a living. I'm just happy that I don't have to do this anymore..."

My heart broke after hearing him say that and I asked, "Love... I THOUGHT YOU SAID YOU LOVE ME! THAT YOU'D NEVER LEAVE ME!!" I shouted and cried to him openly. Everything is happening in fast forward again. All my feelings from Ji Yong to Il Woo is really making me crazy.

"I was just act--" he started but I cut him off as I yelled to him, "NO! DON'T YOU DARE TELL ME THAT THAT WAS JUST ACTING COS IT'S ING BELIEVABLE! YOU SAID YOU LOVE ME AND I FELT IT! I LOVE YOU TOO! LOVE! IN PRESENT TENSE!" I wailed as my knees started to weaken and Min Ho caught me before I fell and I saw him avoiding my gaze as his breathing looked laboured as he said, "I didn't know my acting skills were that good. I'm sorry to have misled you but... I really don't like you"

"THEN TELL ME! WHAT AM I SUPPOSE TO DO? I love you" I finished brokenly and to this he looked at me straight in the eyes as he said, "Farewell Dara. Be Happy. Forget me... Forget me and move on. I'm... I'm okay. Don't worry about me and move on."

"How could you just say that? So.. it really is a lie? All of it?" I asked. I felt betrayed as he kept trying to push me away with words. He's really good I'll give it to him... if that was all just an act... I tried to pry Min Ho's hands away from me as I looked at Il Woo and said, "If that...if that is really the case then let me just thank you Jung Il Woo ssi. For taking care of me and pretending to love me when you didn't have to.. thank you and sorry.. sorry for taking so much of your time" and I turned to the door and Min Ho asked me to wait in his car which I nodded to and headed straight out of Il Woo's apartment.

 

 

IL WOO POV

 

 

When Dara left my apartment, Min Ho stayed and closed the door. When I heard it clicked closed, I immediately fell on my knees and started crying openly.

"If it hurt you that much... why do it?" I heard him ask me in almost a whisper.

"Because.. because I felt it... she still loves him.. she's just blinded by hatred right now but once she realizes..." I answered but Min Ho cut me off and said, "That's her choice isn't it? Who she's going to love? She really loves you right now... and you... you're crying right now because you love her too... don't you?"

"Of course! Of course I love her! But... I guess I'm doing this for myself. It's better to hurt both of us now than to be hurt alone in the future when she leaves me" I said brokenly between sobs and when he didn't say anything I added, "and.. and you know what? I tossed a coin earlier if I am able to let Dara go... and when the coin said no... I got my answer... I was disappointed because I know I could.. while Ji Yong... he.. he couldn't. His love for her scares me Min Ho. I'm not a competition for that" I finished.

It was a few seconds before I heard shoes hitting the floor and a hand gently patted me on the back as I heard Min Ho say, "I understand.. believe me... you... you did great... I'll explain to Dara or else she'd hate you..."

"Let her... she can hate me..." I said in sobs but Min Ho said, "That won't do. Well... I best be going now... I'll drop by from time to time you know.. you're my main man right?" and added before heading out, "You know... if she won't end up with me... I prayed that she would end up with you... I was rooting for you the whole time..." and then I heard the door close.

I got up and walked towards my couch and fell back. I closed my eyes as I remembered my last conversation with Dara.

Farewell Dara (Don't go) Be happy (Don't leave)
Forget me, forget and move on (Don't forget me)
I'm... (Yeah, I am) I'm okay (It hurts...)
Don't worry about me and move on (Please don't leave)

I cried in my couch for the rest of the night as I kept on thinking about those hurtful words. I am in a puddle of pain and it feels like I'm drowning. Although, I'm not regretting what I did... whatever I said to Min Ho.. that was the whole truth... 'I just wish.. she won't hate me so much' I thought before I drifted off to sleep.

 

 

MIN HO POV

 

 

It's been an hour since I started driving in circles around Seoul. Dara refused to talk except when she said she doesn't want to go back with everyone just yet. I suggested that we kill time by going round in circles around Seoul and she just nodded. I feel really sad for Dara. She really didn't deserve any of this pain.

"Dara..." I started but she cut me off and asked, "Do you think Ji Yong and Il Woo really loved me?"

I wasn't able to answer for a minute before I got my resolved and sighed as I looked straight at the road and said, "Yes. Yes I do believe that they both did"

"Then why did they hurt me?" she asked.

"I don't know Dara... I don't know..." I answered her truthfully. We fell back in silence after that and another 10 minutes passed by before I asked Dara whether she wants to go back which she answered no and added, "Can we just.. can you.. take me away from here? even just for today?"

I looked at her sideways and saw that she turned her back from me and she's shaking. I knew immediately that she's crying so I told her I'd bring her somewhere she'd like and started driving.

After almost two hours of driving, I stopped at the park near Han River.

"You said you'd take me somewhere I'd like..." I heard Dara said to which I turned to her side and smiled as I answered, "Well... don't you like this place?"

"No" she answered truthfully. I know she doesn't like this place ever since she saw Ji Yong here with a girl once but for me... "Well.. I do"

When she didn't say anything I added,"Remember when we met again for the first time when you got back to Korea? We met up here" and opened the car door so I could slip out and she did the same. I left her for a while to buy ice cream and when she saw me approaching, she gave me a tired smile and held out her hand.

"What's with the hand?" I playfully asked.

"Isn't the ice cream for me?" she asked confusedly.

"Ice cream is not for frowning people. You should greet ice cream properly with a big smile" I told her while chuckling. I saw her turn sad again as she put down her hands and looked at the floor as she said, "then when will I be able to eat ice cream?"

"Dara! stop sulking! You're in the precence of Asia's most handsome man and you're sulking? My fan girls will be mad!" I said as I laughed and handed her the ice cream and added, "the ice cream will forgive you this once cos between you and me... I put magic on that ice cream"

"Magic?" she asked as she took the ice cream from my hand and started to it.

"Yes! Magic! After you finish this ice cream you can wish anything and it will be granted!" I said. I saw her smiled truthfully to the ice cream as her eyes started to glisten as she said, "then I shall pray to this ice cream!" and started eating the ice cream.

We ate ice cream in comfortable silence and when I've finished mine, I looked at Dara who also just finished her ice cream. She started putting her hands together as if in prayer and closed her eyes then she turned to me and looked at me with smiling eyes.

"Thanks for the ice cream Min!" Dara said. I smiled at that because she called me how she usually does. I miss her so much and with this I started tearing up and had to look away for a while as I said, "Can you turn around Dara?"

"Sure... but why?" she asked unsurely. I turned to look at her and saw that she already turned her back from me and I took that opportunity to express all my feelings and gave her a back hug as I said, "I'm glad you're back Dara! Na neol Saranghe..."

"I'm glad to be back too and Min.. Nado Saranghe... you know that right? but why all of a sudden" she asked and I tried not to sound too sad when I roamed my right hand to her lower back and touched the small on her back and said, "Was it here? Is this where the gun was shot?"

"Min..." she started but I cut her off as I said, "While you were at the hospital then I thought I'd lose my mind. I was very very scared Dara... we've been through a lot of things and I don't know why you keep ending up in hospitals... the last time too.. I wasn't there... I'm at fault"

"Min ah! Don't say that! That time... I took the bullet for you unconciously because I'm scared of life without you... and the last one.. you wouldn't have been able to help me even if you were in Korea... it wasn't your fault... if anything.. it's all on me" she said.

"Dara... why aren't we together?" I asked her. Actually, she was the one that asked me this before and I knew the answer she was gonna say before she even said it cos I told her that too, "we're both scared... this way.. we won't lose each other..."

"Everytime you are in the hospital... I keep promising myself that I will take care of you and that I won't let anything or anyone hurt you... but obviously... I failed at that.. I'm a failure Dara... Mianhe.." I told her as I hugged her closer to me.

I felt Dara chuckled before she said, "If I won't be hurt.. I won't learn.. you're forgiven Min-ah.." and added, "but... do me another favor for tonight... and please... please just let me do this on my own..."

"What is it?" I asked her and she answered, "I want to talk to Ji Yong... I've calmed down... I realized that I need to tell him something... and to YG sajangnim too.."

"Are you quitting Dara?" I asked her but she just smiled at me and told me to just drive her to Ji Yong's apartment.

 

 

DARA POV

 

 

I've thought about a lot of things after my talk with Min Ho and Il Woo. I realized that the first thing that I need to do is get my life back on track. I'm an idol, I should know how to handle this type of situations and I need to apologize to my family.

Min Ho reluctantly agreed to drive me to Ji Yong's apartment and flat out refused to leave my side but I managed to convince him eventually when I said that he can sleepover in our house tonight. I just want to talk to Ji Yong and YG sajangnim first and that he should cook ramen for me and to tell my family I'll be coming home tonight.

I knocked on the door thrice before I heard shuffling from inside and the door opened and I saw Ji Yong looking rugged. His hair is in a dissarray and his clothes looked torn and eyes are red from crying.

"Where's everybody?" I asked him. I saw him open the door widely so I could come in and as I passed him, he said, "They've gone home for the night"

"Sorry"

"We need to talk"

We said simultaneously and I asked, "Are you?" he looked at the ground and said, "yes. I'm really sorry.."

"Well.. it doesn't matter now... what matters is... we need to talk" I told him honestly and sat at the couch. I motioned for him to sit down and he did albeit reluctantly and it feels nostalgic that we were already in this type of situation but this time, I'm going to do the talk.

"What do you want to talk about?" he asked me.

"About us. We need to talk. I went to Il Woo and --" I started but he cut me off as he stood up immediately and looked at me as he yelled, "ANDWAE! YOU CAN'T! YOU CAN'T GO TO HIM! YOU CAN'T LOVE HIM! NO NO NO NO!! YOU CAN'T BREAK UP WITH ME! ANDWAE JINJA!"

I was surprised at his outburst but decided to ignore it as I looked at him and said, "If you forgot... we really were through already Ji Yong and it was your decision."

"ARA! ARA YO! I KNOW IT'S MY FAULT AND I'M SORRY! I'M SORRY OKAY! I'LL TAKE IT BACK! I'LL TAKE EVERYTHING BACK!" he said again and this time I saw him clenching his fist and gritting his teeth as his tears flowed down his cheeks.

"Don't cry Ji Yong... it's not becoming of you" I reprimanded him but he just looks at me and said, "I don't care! I don't care what people might say to me anymore! Dara! Dara Saranghe! I'm really stupid you know" and he started kneeling in front of me and hugged my legs and cried as he said, "If it means I'll get you back.. I'll cry... because I can't Dara... I can't let you go even if I die..."

"You look pitiful Ji Yong... let go and sit down properly" I reprimanded him again. I can literally feel my resolve shaking as I look at the man in front of me. I can feel that he loves me again like before and I think I like that but... Il Woo... so I gathered Ji Yong in my arms and helped him to sit beside me and grabbed his hands in mine and told him sincerely, "Ji Yong ah... I'll talk.. will you listen?"

After about half a minute, I saw him nod so I started, "Ji Yong-ah.. my Ji? That's how I used to call you right? Ji Yong-ah... I'm hurt.. really hurt right now... and it isn't because of you. It's because of me. Because I've let myself get hurt this much... I'm hurting even more" I looked at him and saw that he's sobbing uncontrollably and I had to look away so I could continue.

"Ji Yong ah... I've loved you... and I think... no... I know that that love for you is still there.. but Ji... I'm also confused.. Do you love me?" I asked and saw him nod furiously but his head is still bent down and I continued, "Yeah.. I can feel that... but Ji... I'm in love with Il Woo too..." I told him honestly and this time he did look up and looked directly at me as he said, "I know. Cos I saw the way you look at him... I saw it too before cos that's how you usually look at me. I've been very bad to you Dara and I know that I couldn't keep you to myself after everything but... Dara... I really can't let you go... I don't have anything in me that would allow me to let you go. I love you... I LOVE YOU SO MUCH AND I'M SORRY THAT IT TOOK ME THIS LONG TO FIGURE IT OUT. I THOUGHT I KNEW IT BEFORE BUT SOMEHOW I LOST IT AND NOW.. IT'S STRONGER THAN EVER...I love... I love you... please don't leave me" he begged as he lowered his head again and added, "I'll take it... even if you'll be his girlfriend... I'll take it but don't leave me... "

"I can't do that" I told him sternly and said, "I'm not that kind of person Ji Yong and you know that... and Il Woo.. Il Woo deserves someone who'd love only him... apparently, I'm not that person"

"What?" Ji Yong asked as he looked up. I sighed as I told him, "He rejected me... When I went to him earlier, he said he was just acting the whole time. I knew... I knew he was lying but.. I couldn't bring myself to argue with him. You have to understand Ji Yong... you had me at my best and he... he held me at my worst.. and it's so easy to fall in love with him and that's why I'm hurting..."

"Why are you telling me this Dara-yah? Are you going to pursue him? Are you killing me? What do you want?" He asked me continuously and I returned his look and said, "I want time Ji Yong. I need time to fix myself... to fix my life... I can't be with you now and I'm not asking you to wait for me or anything but--"

"I WILL" he said and added, "I'll wait for you Dara-ya! I don't care if you will have lovers... as long as I'll be your last. I'll wait for you"

"That's all I wanted to hear" I said as I gave him a smile and started to let go of his hands and stood up. I walked to the door but he stopped me as he asked, "Where are you going?"

"To sajangnim" I answered and he was quick to pace beside me as he made me turn to look at him and asked, "Are you leaving? are you quitting 2ne1?"

I couldn't answer him so I just smiled tiredly and walked out of his apartment.

I left YG sajangnims office after our talk with a light heart. 'At least one burden is lifted' I thought and texted my members that they should drop by my house because I have something important to tell them. And with that, I rode a taxi home.

 

♥♠♥♠♥♠♥♠♥♠♥♠♥♠♥♠♥♠♥♠♥♠♥♠♥♠♥♠♥♠♥♠♥♠♥♠♥♠♥♠♥♠♥♠♥♠♥♠♥♠♥♠♥♠♥♠♥♠♥♠

A/N

 

ALRIGHT!! THERE YOU GO! THE LAST CHAPTER! AND THE NEXT ONE WILL BE EPILOGUE. KEKEKE.

What do you guys think? Did you like it? Thank you for reading my story everyone! This is an achievement for me and somehow... even though I don't know yet what it feels like.. it feels like I've just given birth... maybe when I finished typing the epilogue.. my euphoria would die down.

I'll tell you what happened to all of them in the epilogue okay? Just one more... please wait for me juseyo~ ♥♠♥♠

Thank you so much for my subbies and my commenters and to my upvoters. Thank you so much for the whole month of happiness on my part and to YOU who is reading this message now.. SARANGHE! ♥♠♥♠

♥♠♥♠ with all my love ♥♠♥♠

 

♥♠♥♠ koihernandezkoi ♥♠♥♠