The Bestfriend's plight...

Do You Love Me

PREVIOUSLY

 

'Why did I stubbornly ask her to remember me? If I didn't... this wouldn't have happened' I thought as I kept crying.

I turned and saw Chaerin fumbling through her phone and realized that she must be texting someone. 'Probably Seungri' I thought and realized that I should text Tabi as well but... I found that my body wouldn't listen to me so I just stayed still and hoped that Seungri would tell them in a nicer way.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AUTHOR'S POV

 

The Bigbang members were all slumped in their living room after Seungri told the members what happened. Top, Seungri, Youngbae and Daesung were all eyeing their leader as if they're waiting for him to do something -- like breaking something or running out of their dorm but all they got is a heavy sigh followed by laboured breaths.

"Ji Yong-ah, are you all right?" Youngbae asked.

It took about a minute before Ji Yong answered or asked because the answer to Youngbae is obvious so instead he opted to ask them as he steadied himself and asked, "Do you think... she'll ever forgive me? After all this? I have no doubt... no doubt that she'll wake up because she can't just leave -- leave us like this right?"

Ji Yong looked at s eyes full of sadness and uncertainty and they all had to turn away from him to keep their emotions in check. It's rare to see their leader like this... in fact, they've never seen him like this... ever. So, Top, being the hyung in all of them decided that he best break the silence before it gets worse and said, "Let's not talk about this now Ji Yong. Whatever Dara decides will be known in due time... for now... why don't we just pray for her health huh?"

Seungri looked at his eldest hyung and a bit to diffuse the tension and asked playfully, "Since when do you pray hyung?" which earned him a thump in the back of his head and a good natured laugh from the rest of them.

They decided to all turn in for the night but before Ji Yong closed his door, Top came up to him and said, "Ji Yong... only think of happy thoughts okay? If you need anyone... we're just here" before he turned and walked to his own room.

Ji Yong walked back into his room and plopped down on his bed as he gathered the new found information. He still couldn't believe that in just a few months, things went from bad to worst to worst-er (If that's even possible) as he remembered what he's dongsaeng told him he feels like the worst.

 

FLASHBACK

 

"According to Chaerin's text, the doctors put Dara noona in an induced sleep. It is very rare and is only done when it's an emergency. It seems that Dara noona had a seizure after we left which made her brain wave go haywire and the doctors performed the coma themselves" said Seungri.

"So... they can wake her up?" asked Youngbae after a long silence and they all turned to Seungri who hanged his head low and and said, "Not necessarily hyungs.. it's more complicated than that... it's... it's... the doctor said that noona needs to wake up by herself before a month or... she won't... ever"

The new threat on Dara's life hung above our heads and mocking us at every corner. It was another pregnant pause before Top hyung said, "Bom. What about Bom... how are the girls going? Did they say they need us? Do we have to go?" and at this he stood up but before he could turn, Seungri stood up and held Top hyung by the wrist and shook his head as he said, "Ani hyung... Chaerin said they're too tired and just want to sleep for tonight. They're taking this like we do hyung... I bet they feel as helpless as us right now. They said they'd visit tomorrow though with sajangnim to talk to Dara noona's omma... I'll do that too"

"I'll come too maknae-ah..." Youngbae said and I saw Daesung and Top hyung nod at the maknae too and when all eyes me, I couldn't help but plead my case as I said, "Can I come too?"

I saw him smile tiredly and answer, "sure hyung. We'll all go"

After that, no one said anything.

 

FLASHBACK END

 

As Ji Yong thought about what he'll say to Dara's mom to convince her to let him stay by Dara's bedside this time, another man is going at wits end because of his crazy schedule since he pleaded to his manager to move his schedule so he'll finish his work as soon as possible all the time he mutters, "I'll be back soon"

 

 

IL WOO POV

 

 

It's exactly 2 weeks since Dara went into an induced coma and she's still in the ICU. The doctors ordered the nurses to accomodate us and just let at least 2 or 3 people in Dara's room instead of just 1. At first we were grateful about it but as the days passed without Dara waking up or reacting to anything, we become frustrated and I realized that the doctors must've done that to help us in our 'grieving' process.

"She's not going anywhere" I heard a female voice said. When I turned, I saw Dara's mom waking up from the makeshift bed in Dara's side. All of us begged her to sleep since all she does is stare at Dara and cry when she's awake that it's getting all of us down. She looks sickly too and I told her that Dara wouldn't like that when she wakes up and she finally relented.

I must've stared at her for a long time because she looked at me sternly and said, "Don't look like you're giving up Il Woo-ah! She's not going anywhere-- not gonna leave us!"

"Yes... she won't" is my lame answer. These past few days I've been wondering what would've happened to Dara if I met her before Ji Yong. 'Would've we been a proper couple? Would I have courted her? Would I treat her just as same? And what if she wakes up and forgets about me? What then? What if she remembers Ji Yong and how much she loves her? Would I be casted aside?' so many questions and yet the only girl that could answer is sleeping soundly beside me.

I remember Dara's second day at the hospital and I was just informed of what happened. I was shocked beyond belief that I ran to Dara's room and shocked that not just one person but 2 person is with Dara. There is her mom on the side and Kwon Ji Yong on the other side.

 

FLASHBACK

 

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"None of your business" he coldly replied as his hands held Dara's. My eyes turned several shades darker then and I marched to his direction but before I got to him, Dara's mom stopped me with her words as she said, "Il Woo-ah, calm down... he just came here to see her"

"HE DOESN'T HAVE THE RIGHT TO!" I yelled and Dara's mom looked at me with tired eyes as she answered, "Il Woo-ah... my daughter is going to be taken away from me... she's fighting a battle... can you not fight?"

I saw the desperation in her eyes as she pleads to me to not get into a fight with the bastard that started it all and so I just sighed and sat with Dara's mom in Dara's bedside. Ji Yong didn't leave for another hour and she just stared at Dara's face and held her hand. He didn't cry or sob or anything... he just stared. After an hour he just nodded to our direction and walked out of the room.

Starting then, everyday from 9am to 10am Kwon Ji Yong would show up at the hospital with a single violet flower in his hand and put it to Dara's bedside table before holding Dara's hand for an hour and look at her. After that, he'll nod to our direction and walk away. Same routine everyday and none of us is even bothered to stop him.

 

FLASHBACK END

 

 

I looked at Dara's bedside table and saw the vase that Bom put there for the flowers that Ji Yong brings. Some are still fresh and some are already dying but none of us takes them out. I feel like an outsider to those plants like they are whispering things that only Dara is allowed to hear.

I stood up to prepare to leave when the door suddenly burst open and there at the door stood a heavily panting and sweating Lee Min Ho. 'He looked like he ran here from the airport' I mused and was about to comment on it when I all but saw him ran to Dara's bedside.

"I didn't know...." he said.

Dara's mom suddenly asked him, "Who told you Min?"

"Bom. I called her after I got here" he answered.

Trying to get into the conversation, I told him, "She hasn't woken up for two weeks" and I saw him nod and said with confidence, "she's waking up soon" and right after he said that, Dara's eye lids twitched and her right hand moved to the side and all we could do was shout for the nurses for none of us could move.

By 1pm, Dara was moved to a regular room but the machines are still with her and Dara's mom was so happy to tell the news that by another hour, everyone from YG including Ji Yong, Sanghyun and Durami are in the hospital. As we crowd in Dara's room and everyone is getting happy, Dara's doctor is talking to Dara's mom on the other side of the room and just when he was about to leave we all heard Sanghyun shout, "NOONA! YOU'RE AWAKE!" and we all turned our heads to the beautiful girl whose staring at all of us.

 

 

BOM POV

 

 

"NOONA! YOU'RE AWAKE!" yelled Sanghyun and I turned to look at the girl whose eyes are definitely open and is staring at us with such curiosity as if asking why are we gathered there.

I saw her locked eyes with me and smiled as she said, "The corn monster is here!" and turned to look at everyone as she kept giving us names. I saw her turn to Tabi and said, "Blue Alien!" then to Seungri, "Little Panda" to Youngbae, "Happy monster" to Daesung, "Happy monster assistant" then to Chaerin, "Red Queen" to Minzy she said, "Red Princess!" Dara called her mom the white queen and Sanghyun became the white prince and Durami, the white princess.

We all turned our heads to look at the doctor who is now walking towards Dara's bedside but she all but sat in her seat and pointed to Il Woo and Min Ho as she said, "my princes! off with his head!" as she pointed towards the doctor and laughed out loud.

"What's happening here?" Dara's mom said, "Why... why is she like that? Doctor?!!" and we all turned our heads to the doctor who is now sweating as he looked at Dara's mom and said, "this... this didn't happen before Mrs. Park.. we didn't know it would have this effect on her..." and turned to us and said, "someone call in the nurses!" and Seungri, being the closest to the door all but ran out.

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO HER?!!" Min Ho's voice roared in the room and we all but saw him glaring at the doctor and preparing to launch an attack when we saw Dara held his hand and he turned to her as she said, "Is there something wrong my prince? why are you angry?" and I am guessing Min Ho snapped cos he just fell to Dara's bedside and sobbed uncontrollably and kept muttering, "why?" as Dara looked helpless and kept patting Min Ho's head and muttering, "it's okay, it's okay..."

Suddenly, like a memory, we are being ushered out again and the nurses all but closed the door in our faces. That's when I heard another shout from inside the room but it's not Dara's as I heard Min Ho shout, "I'M NOT LEAVING THIS SPOT EVEN IF YOU KILLED ME!" giving a 'so there' tone to the medical staff inside.

We were quiet for a moment before we heard Dara's mom sobbing beside me as she said, "My daughter... she's not a bad person... why does this keep happening to her?"

None of us could answer her and we all felt helpless as well. Dara was talking nonsense earlier and we all couldn't feel anything but pathetic by the sudden turn of events. I felt like collapsing then and there but I felt strong arms hold me and realized that Tabi is holding me and I turned my body so that I could hug him back and saw the rest of Bigbang comforting my members except one

"Where's Ji Yong?" I asked.

"He's still inside" Tabi answered.

"Who's in there? Just Min Ho and him?" I asked again and I felt Tabi shook his head as he answered, "No... Il Woo is there too..." and we fell into silence.

I don't know if I could cry anymore. It feels like it's the only constant thing I've done for the past 4 months. Just cry whenever Dara is not looking.

After a while the doctors and nurses went out of Dara's room one by one. All of them refusing to answer our questions and we all ran inside to see Min Ho and Il Woo at Dara's either side and Ji Yong sitting in a far corner face buried in his hands.

"What did they say Min Ho? Why is she asleep again?" Dara's omma asked. We turned to Min Ho and saw him smiling sadly at Dara's mom as he answered, "She started playing with the machine and her IV so they made her sleep. They said she'll be out for a couple of hours"

"What happened then?" I asked impatiently and added, "why did Dara... why ..." and this time it was Il Woo that answered and said, "Apparently... they don't know as well.. they said this is the first time that this happened and that they'll research about it..."

"RESEARCH? MY SISTER IS NO LAB RAT!" roared Sanghyun from one of the corners as we saw him clench his fist in fury and Min Ho was the one that diffused the walking bomb as he said, "I already told them that dongsaeng, don't worry. The doctors said that we shouldn't scare Dara when she wakes up and just accomodate her for a while until they found a cure"

None of us spoke for a while after that and Ji Yong was the first to ask permission to leave as he bowed low to all of us and walked out of the room. Youngbae followed him minutes after and the rest of Bigbang and Min Ho agreed as he said to Top, "Look for your leader... he's probably gonna go into self pity right about now" and that made them all leave.

Chaerin and Minzy started crying silently in a corner and none of us has the capacity to comfort the two maknaes -- even me so I just sat beside them to look at Dara. 'She looks the same girl I've met before... without a problem in the world...' and I heard Min Ho said, "She looks the same doesn't she?" and all I could do was answer one word, "Yes"

 

------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

 

First of all Soooooooooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyy!!! I'm supposed to wake Dara up as per your request and I did and... about making her... um... like that... um... sorry... *hides* BUT! DON'T WORRY! I'll make her remember soon!

By the way... can you feel that?? this fic nearing end? I'll finish this fic in 25 chapters and this is my 22nd... so... DARA'S PAIN WILL END SOON! I planned to make this a longer fic but... I want to end Dara's pain as soon as possible so... this will end sooner.

And... I'll start work tomorrow so It will probably take at least a few more days before I could do a follow up for this chapter but... I got it all planned out though so... okay... the story ended in my mind now... I just have to let you know in words... kekeke am I too evil?

 

Thank you again for the wonderful comments and for this fic's serious lack of medical reference... sorry... the flowers that Ji Yong gives Dara... you'll know that soon too... so just stay with me ne?

 

with all my love

 

koihernandezkoi