Him and Her

Do You Love Me

Previously:


Bom was the first to look at me and what she said totally threw me off as she said, "She doesn't remember us. Any of us Minho yah.. she's got amnesia and.. and.. the doctor said... they still don't know how long it'll last."

================================================

 

YG POV

 

"Make sure you keep your mouths shut until we release this okay?" I told everyone that was left in the room which is basically everyone except for 2ne1 who rushed out to meet Minho. They all said yes and left the room one by one.

Top, Seungri and Daesung wanted to tag along earlier but thankfully, Bom stopped them saying that it's not really good for Minho if they all suddenly show up.

I understood where she's coming from and I believe that it was a good decision call so I told Bom, CL and Minzy to get going and that to leave the boys here. After they left, the boys started shouting and worrying about the girls saying things like Minho would probably lose control. But, I know Minho and I trust that guy to be rational.

Him and Dara are like peas in a pod. Inseparable and have the same mannerisms and attitudes with regards to things. They tend to be very selfless to people they care about and very forgiving. They neve hurt anyone unnecessarily. When I told these to the boys, they calmed down and we started the meeting.

Everyone agreed to release an official statement that it is in fact Dara that was part of that accident but that's all. We won't disclose anything else. Especially, her current condition. We can't risk her safety. We don't know what might happen. She needs to learn again or at least remember who she was before.

I treat everyone like my kids and I'm so sad to learn about what happened to Dara. I was torn between Jiyong and Dara and when I saw Jiyong earlier... my heart went to him. I honestly don't know what to do with that kid anymore. 'How and when did he start to change?' I thought to myself.

I finally sighed as I closed my eyes and laid back in chair. "God help us" I muttered softly.

 

MINHO POV

 

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Good one Bom-ah! Chaerinie~ and Minzy! YOu almost got me there!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA" I continued laughing. When I looked up I saw their serious faces and Bom looks like she'll be releasing fire any moment from now so--

"We're not kidding Minho!" Bom suddenly shouted as she stood up. Some customers looked at us but ignored us again. 'Ah... I love this place' I thought. One of the things that this cafe promises is privacy and that's why most celebrities go here for dates. I looked at Bom again who was fuming when I suddenly turned serious. My expression got dimmer when they said that to me.

"Do you expect me to believe that then?" I challenged her.

"That just last night my bestfriend is crying to me over the phone and in an overnight she forgot all about me? About us?!" I continued. But this time, I looked at each of them in the eye. No one spoke for about a minute until I heard Minzy's voice as she said, "We're not asking you to believe us oppa. We're just telling you what we know."

And that's my last straw, 'How dare these girls lie to me like this?!' I thought as I said out loud, "Take me to her then!" I saw them all nod and we stood up. I paid for their bill and we all headed to their van that's waiting outside. It's a 30 minute walk from the cafe but we rode the car anyways.

On the entirety of the ride we kept silent. I couldn't find my voice to break the silence until suddenly, we got there. We went over to the nurses station and they asked for Dara. They told her that she's calmed down a bit now but she's still not allowed for visitors until her doctor gets there and asked all of us to wait outside her room.

'Calmed down a bit? What are they saying?' I thought to myself. I would have asked them but we're already at her floor. I took a quick look around the place until I saw three familiar figures.

"Omma! Sanghyun-ah! Rami-ah!" I called them one by one. I'm used to calling Dara's mom as mom as well since Dara mistakenly called my mom as mom once and asked me to share my mom. We were just four then so I told her that she should share her mom as well. We agreed on that and even started calling each others dad as dad as well.

I saw Dara's mom turned in our direction and saw me. Our eyes met for a brief second until I saw them running to our direction. I decided to meet them halfway and ran as well. When I got there I was hugged by all of them.

"Minho-yah! You're here~!" Dara's mom say.

"Oppa."

"Hyung"

said Durami and Sanghyun at the same time.

"What happened here?" I asked them immediately.

"She doesn't remember any of us Minho-yah! She.. She.. forgot about us!" And that was Dara's mom. I looked at all of them and saw all of them crying. When I looked at Bom she spoke in between sobs, "I.. I ... didn't I tell you?! You .. didn't.. did not... believe us."

"I'm sorry." I muttered.

Just then we saw nurses going to her room and we all decided to follow but when we got in front of the door, some male nurses blocked our way. It irritated me and I was so ready to shout at them but I felt Dara's mom holding onto my arms tightly. She just bowed and asked the nurses to tell us what's wrong and they all promised they would. We just watched as they all got inside and closed the door.

"Why did you let them omma? We should be inside!" I told Dara's mom a bit harshly.

"I.. I can't. I'm scared Minho-yah! What if she forgot about me as well? I couldn't see her last night. They told us she had amnesia but we don't know how much she doesn't remember. What if she forgot about me? About all of us?! We're her family!"
cried Dara's mom.

I understand what she's saying though so I just hugged her again. "She'll remember us omma. Don't worry." I told her honestly. Not even in my wildest dreams did I pray for a drama to suddenly come true. I'm an actor, we usually find these scenarios in most films that's why I didn't believe it.

We were still in our distraught state when a nurse suddenly went over to us and said that she needs to call in the doctor and that the patient just started waking up. He asked us to sit down in the waiting chairs to make us feel comfortable so we did. He left us then to look for the doctors.

 

BOM POV

 

"Bom-ah!" I heard someone call my name. When I turned around, I saw Tabi, Daesung, Seungri and Youngbae running to our direction so I just stood up from my seat and waited for them.

As soon as they got close, Tabi hugged me tightly. Just like that I understood what he's trying to tell me. That he'll always be there to comfort me. I sighed at his embrace and we let go of each other. That's when they saw who is with us and greeted them. They greeted them back except Minho who asked us where Jiyong is. I heard Youngbae said that they left him at YG. 'That coward' I thought.

While we're informing the boys about the current situation and why we're outside, the doctors suddenly came and just like last night. We swarmed over their direction.

"Excuse us first. We need to see the patient first okay? Then I'll know if you'll all be allowed inside" answered the doctor and we all gave way to them.

After the doctors got inside, I heard Minho mutter, "so it's really true." I feel sorry and pity for the guy. I am Dara's bestfriend and I am just part of a third of her life while her family (Minho included) was with her all throughout. I thought that if I couldn't bare this pain I'm feeling, how much more can they?

I went over to Dara's family and gave them each an encouraging smile which Dara's mom returned slightly. We stayed there for about another half an hour or so when the doctors and nurses got out one by one.

"How is she doc?" I asked one of the doctors.

"She's a lot calmer than last night so it's okay for you guys to visit her. I already informed Jung-ssi that you are all out here and he told us to let all of you in so you can go now" said the doctor. We all had reliefs in our faces before he added, "But.. a quick reminder to all of you. She still doesn't remember anything and is still in fragile state so if you please, refrain from forcing her to remember okay?"

It broke my heart but I understood. 'I won't force her' I told myself as I knocked on the door twice and we all got inside.

 

 

IL WOO POV

"Dara-yah, the doctor said that there are people looking for you outside. They were the people with us last night so you already know them. And... they are part of your family so they won't do anything to you okay? I'll just take a quick bath. I trust you'll behave while they're here?" I told her and she nodded.

I don't want to leave her as well but I just noticed that I still haven't cleaned myself since last night. I have mud and blood in my body and in my shirt. I already feel embarassed as it is when I didn't notice it last night. I couldn't leave her for a second without someone looking out for her so, this is a great opportunity.

It's a good thing that the room she's in has a bath and toiletries included. 'I didn't have to buy them after all' I thought. I got my things and went in the bathroom. I heard a knock on the door and thought that it's probably them already. I know that they are heartbroken since last night. I couldn't even think of the possibility of being forgotten by the person I love the most. That is just plain wrong. I don't know what they're doing out there so I just started with my bath. I was in the middle of applying shampoo when she suddenly shouted,

"Jagiyaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!"

Yes, I still haven't told her about our real relationship. I don't know why but it's the selfish part of me that wanted to protect her is telling me to just get on with it but the honest side of me is telling me that she should know the truth. 'You'd lose her though...' I thought. I panicked when she shouted and I didn't even think of anything but her. Luckily, I remembered that I'm still so I grabbed a towel and wrapped it up in my waist as I ran back to the room.

"What is it?! What's the problem?!!" I asked her. I went over to her side and checked if there's any marks or scars or blood on her face before I held her wrist and proceeded to check on her arms when she suddenly yanked it.

"What.. what are you doing??!" she asked me quite flustered.

When I looked at her I saw her looking red in the face but she's definitely looking at my chest. I flicked her head as I said, "Yah! eyes up here." I and she just pouted. I was laughing at her discomfort when we suddenly heard someone clearing their throat. When I turned around, I looked face to face with Lee Min Ho. One of asia's most prized actors.

He was looking at me with one eyebrow raised so I looked at him crossly and asked, "What's the look for?"

I saw him smile smugly and said, "I didn't know you're into fashion these days Jung ssi."

When his words sunk in, I looked away from him and saw the dumbstruck look of the other people in the room. CL, Bom and another girl are eyeing me appreciatively while Minzy's eyes were covered by one of the boys who... I have noted are all glaring at me while Dara's mom's eyes is twinkling with mischief.

'Woah Jung Il Woo! How stupid can you get?!' I asked myself as I made excuses to them, "I.. uh... I... it's her fault!" I finally said as I looked at Dara and added, "Why did you call me anyway?! You are calling me ... right?" I looked at her intently and she nodded her head as she said, "You are my boyfriend aren't you? Unless I'm already married?" she finished as she laughed heartily.

I saw everyone in the room smiled as she laughed but I'm still pissed off so I asked her, "So, why did you call me? I told you you can trust these people! I know them and you don't have to worry so why bother me while I'm taking a bath?" before I pouted cutely at her.

"kekeke I know you're taking you're bath Jagiya, I just want to ask you to get them coffee once you're done" she said.

My eyes widened at what she said as I almost yelled, "Mwoh?! You shouted for that?! I thought you're in pain or something. Ugh. You tire me already." I said as I turned around to go back to the bathroom but I felt her caught my wrist. When I turned around I felt her tug my wrist so I went closer and I saw tears in her eyes as she asked, "I'm sorry. Don't leave me please... okay?!"

I looked at her sad eyes and felt a pinch of guilt as I saw her getting teary so I said, "Why would I ever leave you?! I won't ever do that even if you beg me arasso?"

I saw her nod her head and motioned for me to bend down and I did. When is level with my ears I heard her whisper, "I'm still uncomfortable with them so make your bath faster okay?"

I moved away and smiled brightly at her before I said, "Of course" then I went back to finish my bath.

 

 

MINHO POV

 

I saw the actor Jung Il Woo going back inside the bathroom. Honestly, I envy their closeness right now. When we got in earlier we just stood there awkwardly and she just looked at us until I said Hi to her and she said hi back.

 

FLASHBACK

 

"Umm... my boyfriend is still in the bathroom. Um... he'll take a while.. just... sit down." I heard her say. I'm still surprised when they told me earlier that the actor Jung Il Woo is the one that saved Dara and that he was the first person she saw when she woke up. They told me that Dara only remembered having a fight with a guy and that's how she got into the accident so she thought that it was Il Woo and made up with him. Not only that but she thought that he's her boyfriend as well.

I still couldn't believe it but when I looked at her I'm thankful that they told me this at least. I didn't know how long me and the rest are standing and just looking at her until Dara suddenly yelled, "Jagiyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!"

My mind is still processing who she's calling when a man in a towel with shampoo on his hair suddenly ran in the room to and asked her what's wrong.

'So this is Jung Il Woo. We haven't been introduced properly before' I thought. I'm getting uncomfortable with how close he can get to her while we're standing here awkwardly so I cleared my throat. I saw him get surprised when he turned around and saw me. I a bit and I had to hold myself back from laughing when I saw the guy get red all over from embarassment. 

He blamed Dara and then they talked again as if we weren't there. As if Jung Il Woo is not half with a shampoo on his head and Dara is not sitting on a hospital bed. They bantered like kids and I got envious when I heard her laugh. 'God, how long has it been since I heard that laugh?' I asked myself and looked at everyone I'm with. They have smiles plastered on their faces as well especially CL, Bom, Minzy and Dara's mom who are already getting teary eyed. I guess we all missed her laugh.

When Jung Il Woo pretended to be mad at her I saw her expression turning from happy to scared and when he turned around she caught his wrist and asked him if he'll leave her now. Honestly, I would have punched the guy if he said yes but then he surprised us all when he said that even if she forced him to, he won't leave.

'How do you do it Dara? You just met the guy last night with no memory of anything and yet you can make him get the moon for you if you'd ask?' I know the look that Jung Il Woo gave Dara. I saw it often from the people that are close to her. It's the look of admiration and utter loyalty and devotion. I saw it in everyone even in Jiyong when Dara and him were just starting to date.

I shook my head as I contemplated and when I looked at them again I saw Jung Il Woo standing up. It seems she just whispered something to him that made him smile and then he turned and went back inside the bathroom.

 

FLASHBACK END
 

"Umm... he'll get you guys coffee when he's done" I heard Dara's timid voice say.

"We're fine Dara-yah. We already had coffee earlier. Right everyone?" Bom said and we all nodded and looked at Dara again.

I saw her fidget in her seat and know that she's getting quite uncomfortable so I told everyone to sit down which they followed but Bom insisted that she should sit on the chair closest to Dara so we let her. Dara's mom chuckled a little when the bigbang boys and 2ne1 with Sanghyun and Durami started bantering. They were talking about something or the other -- probably idol stuff and Dara's mom is looking at them amusedly.

While everyone is preoccupied, I slipped from everyone's notice and stealthily made my way towards Dara's bed. When I reached it, I sat on the edge of the bed and looked at her as I said hi. I'm not really expecting any reaction from her since I suppose she doesn't recognize me as well like her friends and family so I was really surprised when she looked at me, gave me a toothy smile and said, "You're Minho, right?"

 

 

----------------------

Edited: June 1, 2020 / Moving to my new wattpad account @khk_writer visit me on Twitter with the same @