Boyfriend

Do You Love Me

Author's POV

 

"D-Dara?" Bom suddenly asked.

They saw a girl sleeping on the hospital bed with the most relaxed expression holding hands with a guy sleeping beside her. They can't see the guy's face so they didn't know who he was but that didn't matter at the moment. What mattered was that Dara was definitely the one lying on the bed with scratches on her face, her arms and... if their guess is correct, she probably has bruises everywhere in her body.

The girls started walking beside her bed silently because they didn't want to wake her up. They saw that she's smiling in her sleep and they couldn't help but cry for their unnie and friend. They don't know what happened to her yet but from what they can see -- they couldn't take it. Bom, who was closest to Dara started caressing her cheeks and said, "Dara-yah... your Bommie is here Dara-yah.. Chaerinie and Minzy is here as well and Bigbang... wake up for us Tokki-ah... Ssantokki..." as she continued heaving and crying at the same time.

"Unnie..." said Minzy and CL simultaneously.

"Noona..." Youngbae said as soon as he got there.

He just got off an argument over the phone from Jiyong and rushed to the room. He saw the girls crying on Dara's bedside and can't help but cry as well when he looked at her. She looked as if she was dead but her face is saying that she's happy. An expression that he's sure Jiyong out of her. She seldom looked happy and her smile is so painfully beautiful in her scarred face that he just started tearing up as well. He looked at the other bigbang members and saw that each of them are holding back their tears and failing miserably... especially Seungri who just gave up altogether and just started crying shamelessly.

They all noticed the guy that's holding Dara's hand suddenly jerked up and looked at each of them. He looked at the bigbang boys first and then dragged his eyes to the girls on the other side of the bed. When he saw the 2ne1 girl, he let out a sigh of relief.

"You're here" he said while looking at CL.

"Were you the one who said to call us?" asked Minzy,

"Uhh... yeah. Sorry about that. I saw her phone lying about when I found her and when I recognized her as Dara from 2ne1, I immediately told the doctor to call you. I didn't know who to call actually." he defended himself.

"I see... Thank you." said CL.

"Wait - I know you... you're an actor, right?" said BOM suddenly.

Bom was the only one that didn't speak in 2ne1 when the guy whose still holding Dara's hand woke up. She gasped when she saw him. 'He's really handsome, probably in the same age as Dara and her...' she thought to herself. But that's not what caught her attention, it's that... he looks familiar... like she saw him before...

"Oh. Yeah. I forgot to introduce myself, sorry. Annyeonghaseyo, Jung Il Woo imnida."

"OH!" Everyone in the room suddenly said.

"What are you doing here Jung Il Woo-ssi? Not that we're against you visiting our noona but..." Seungri suddenly asked when he finally realized that the actor Jung Il Woo is in his Dara noona's room holding her hands and was even there before them.

"Yeah... and do you perhaps... know.. what happened to Dara noona?" Daesung suddenly added when he too snapped out from his reverie.

The rest just stared at the guy in confusion. They couldn't speak a word so they decided to just stay quiet. They were all wondering what the guy is doing there and if he knows what happened.

"Oh. Yeah. I... sorry again... about that... I was actually the one that took her to the hospital. I... I saw her car crash in a lamp post and I checked and found her unconcious inside it so I called an ambulance to have her checked. The doctor said she was very -- Oof-" he was suddenly cut off when Bom suddenly hugged him followed by the CL and Minzy. Now all three girls are hugging and crying.

"Kamsahamnida! Kamsahamnida! Kamsahamnida Jung Il Woo-ssi! I don't know what could have happened to me if Tokki... if Tokki.." she didn't need to continue her words as she was really afraid. From what she understood, her Ssantokki is safe now and is just sleeping. 'As long as she's alive' she thought.

Meanwhile, CL and Minzy are all uttering their thanks as well and crying at the same time. It's just not 2ne1 without their unnie and they really really love her a lot. She helped all of them and cheered them up especially during bad times. She was their personal vitamin and thinking a life without her... it's just... unbearable.

"Oh... girls.. it's OK, really. I was just there at the right time at the right place. I did what I had to do and I'm not ... really.. it's okay." he said as he tries to calm the girls down. He's really touched by how much the girls love Dara and can't help but be proud of saving such a wonderful girl. 'Pretty on the outside AND on the inside...' he thought.

One by one the girls let him go and turned to look at Dara again. This time, it's the guys that were walking to him when suddenly, Seungri did a 90 degree bow and said, "Thank you so much for saving my Dara noona Jung Il Woo-ssi. I can't thank you enough. Kamsahamnida. Kamsahamnida. Neomu neomu Kamsahamnida."

Jung Il Woo is looking at Seungri then looked at all the remaining guys in the room. He saw that each of them have that same thankful look in their eyes and it seems that they are all gonna follow Seungri's bow so he sighed and said, "Seungri-ssi... as I have said, it's okay. It's my privelege to be of help to her... really." he said smiling. 

"Jung Il Woo-ssi... " Seungri started as he looked up.

"Yah! Jung Il Woo-ssi is too formal and too long. Don't you think that this makes us at least acquaintance? You can just call me hyung if you want." Il Woo said.

"Il Woo hyung..." Seungri said again.

"Neh?" Il Woo answered.

"Il Woo hyung!" Seungri shouted as he tackled Jung Il Woo in a tight embrace.

"Jinja.. Kamsahamnida hyung. Kamsahamnida... Kamsahamnida." Seungri said and Il Woo just laughed.

"Ehrm... Il Woo ssi, do you mind if..." Daesung said before Il Woo cut him off and said, "Yah! I'm your hyung. All of you!"

And the rest of bigbang looked at Il Woo before they smiled and tackled him with hugs and thanks as well. They were still in their heartwarming moment when someone tugged Il Woo's hand and made him remember why he was in a hospital and receiving hugs at the moment.

"Dara-yah... you're awake." he softly said.

Now all heads stopped laughing and turned their heads to the girl who is lying on the bed with creased forehead looking at everyone in the room.

"Dara-yah!"

"Unnie!"

"Noona!"

Everyone said all at the same time. They started surrounding her bed and fussing over her. Someone asked her if she's hurting anywhere and if she wants anything. She turned her head to look at Il Woo helplessly and sent out a silent plea to him to which he nodded and said, "Guys! You're kinda overwhelming her." he said as calmly as he could. He was surprised as well when he was suddenly shoved unceremoniously when Dara woke up. He tried tugging his hand out of Dara's when he suddenly looked at her and saw that she's getting distressed with the commotion so he asked them to step back and let her breathe a little.

 

Dara POV

 

I woke up from the sounds of laughter in my room. I turned my face sideways and saw that there are 3 girls in the room and four boys are tackling each other to hug my boyfriend. I feel thirsty and I don't think my voice would be heard over this noise so I tugged his hand to get his attention. What I didn't expect is that they would surround me and fuss.

I didn't get a single word they said and the fact that I don't know any of them is frightening me a little so I looked at my boyfriend helplessly and asked him silently to help me and to my relief, he did.

They stepped back a little and I got to look at each of their faces. They were all beaming at me and there was this one girl that held my hand and a boy that is sitting on the edge of my bed.

My head is hurting a little and I want more sleep. I looked at them again and thought that I must've just forgotten who they were. Remembering earlier, they were probably my boyfriend's friends. I don't know why he decided to invite them here when I'm totally not presentable so I decided to look at him crossly and asked, "Ja.. Jagiya... why did you invite your friends over? I'm not presentable!"

"Jagiya?" I heard one of his friends ask and I thought, 'Don't I call my boyfriend that way? I remember calling someone that nickname though...'

"His friends?" the girl who was holding my hands suddenly let go of me. I was thankful of course but there's this feeling in me that says she shouldn't let go of me.

"Dara-yah... don't you... don't you remember them?" my boyfriend asked me.

I felt embarrassed. I don't really remember any of them and adding the headache I'm having now makes me want to throw up. I looked at him and saw his confused face... now... thinking back... 'why don't I remember his name?' And then it hit me.. I tried to remember what I know... 'My name is Dara and... and... and I'm in the hospital. I'm with my boyfriend whose name I can't remember. How old am I? What's my birthday? Do I have a family? And these people... why? who?'

 

Author's POV

 

"AAAHHHKK!!" Dara suddenly screamed as she held her head as if she's trying to squeeze it. Her shout reverberated in the whole room and made everyone of them froze.

Jung Il Woo was the first to recover and went over to her. He placed his hands on her shoulder and shook her a little asking her what's wrong. She was muttering under her breath and all they got was "Pain... can't remember... SO MUCH PAIN...." before it dawned on them. Jung Il Woo without turning said, "Someone call in the nurses!" He didn't know who called in the nurses but he heard the opening of the door and then suddenly, nurses were surrounding him and Dara on the bed.

 

"Aaahhhhh!!!" He heard Dara shout again.

He was being asked to leave the room as were everyone else but he flatly refused. They've successfully thrown everyone out of the room aside from him cos when he was being dragged by a big male nurse out Dara held out her hand and said, "NO! NOT HIM! HE STAYS! I NEED HIM! I NEED HIM HERE! HE STAYS! JEBAL!" she shouted and cried at the same time so the nurses let him stay.

All of the nurses are trying to calm her down and told her encouraging words but she didn't listen to any of them. She just kept shouting and thrashing around her bed so one of the nurses pulled out a syringe and injected her sleeping medicine. They all watched as it took effect on her and saw her quiet down until she was back to sleep. 

 

 

MINZY POV

 

We all saw Dara unnie change her expression from curious to embarrassed to hurting. When she shouted we all froze in our places. We didn't know what's happening. I couldn't move a muscle. I didn't hear what Il Woo oppa is saying but I saw Daesung oppa run out of the room. All of a sudden there were more than ten nurses in the room and they all asked us to leave. None of us moved though. We were all rooted in our position from utmost shock.

The nurses had to drag all of us outside except for Il Woo oppa who refused and shouted. When we heard Dara unnie yell that Il Woo oppa has to stay cos she needs him that's when I realized where I was.

We were all facing the door when I heard Bom unnie mutter in a low voice, "This is not happening."

We all turned to her and we saw her shocked expression. We all know that she'd be raging any second now and honestly, none of us can stop her.

"THIS IS NOT HAPPENING!" I heard her yell again.

"unnie..." Chaerin unnie and I said at the same time.

She looked at us and when I saw her expression, I started crying again. My unnie looks so broken. Her eyes held so much pain and disbelief as if her whole world crashed down. I didn't know what to do so I hugged her and she just froze. I felt Chaerin unnie hug her as well and that's when I felt Bom unnie snap out and is trying to disentangle both me and Chaerin unnie from her but to no avail. I felt so useless so I just held on to my unnie tighter.

"No! No!!! NO!!!" Bom unnie shouted again.

I felt her turn and said, "Tabi-ah tell me this is a dream! or a joke! it this is not real!!! It's still March! April fools is not until sometime from now! This is... this is... ! I want her to be okay! To wake up!! But not like this!! Not like this Tabi-ah " she said as she kept thrashing and crying.

Unnie's pleads for this to be a joke or a dream got to me. I want this to be not real as well. I want to wake up now. This couldn't be happening to our Dara unnie... to us... this isn't -- 

I was still thinking when I felt someone disentangling Chaerin unnie and I from Bom unnie. I saw Seungri oppa hugging Chaerin unnie and when I turned I saw Daesung oppa so I leaned to his chest and cried my heart. From the corner of my eye I saw Youngbae oppa punching the wall and Bom unnie is now kneeling on floor as she sobs with TOP oppa hugging her.

We were crying for sometime. We can still hear Dara unnie's shouts from inside the room. It's making my heart ache and it's getting more and more difficult to breathe. I felt Daesung oppa's hold tighten and I can feel him shaking. I know that he's crying. We all are. We were lost in our cries when I heard a familiar voice saying, "What's going on here? Where's Dara?"

We all looked up to the two guys and one woman who just got here and it was CL unnie who recognized them first and said, "Sajangnim, Sanghyun... Dara eomma"

 

----------------

Edited: June 1, 2020 / Moving to my new wattpad account @khk_writer visit me on Twitter with the same @